Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6zhxc5/nonlife) has announced the addition of the "Non-Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
South Africa has the largest insurance industry in Africa and holds 73.0% of the continent's gross written premiums. The country accounts for 36.0% of the continents non-life insurance written premiums. Segmental growth can be attributed to stable GDP growth, the rising disposable incomes among the middle class population, the rapid expansion of financial services into rural areas, and increases in public awareness with regards to non-life insurance products.
- The South African non-life segment was driven mainly by property and motor insurance during the review period.
- The property insurance category is expected to record a forecast-period CAGR of 6.6% in 2018, as a result of increasing construction activities in South Africa.
- South African non-life insurance penetration stood at 2.39% in 2013 which provides opportunity to non-life insurance companies to capture the untapped potential.
- The South African non-life insurance segment is competitive, with 92 companies operating in 2012.
- The South African non-life segment is concentrated, with the top 10 companies accounting for 64.8% of the non-life gross written premium in 2012.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Regional Market Dynamics
4 Non-Life Insurance - Regional Benchmarking
5 South African Insurance Industry Attractiveness
6 Non-Life Insurance Outlook
7 Analysis by Distribution Channels
8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - South African Non-Life Insurance Market
9 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
10 Governance, Risk and Compliance
11 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
12 Business Environment and Country Risk
- Mutual and Federal
- Auto & General
- Allianz Global
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6zhxc5/nonlife
- Personal Investing Ideas & Strategies
- South Africa