Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m6gxhw/personal_accident) has announced the addition of the "Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Brazil, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
The personal accident and health insurance segment is the smallest in the industry, accounting for 15.2% of the industry's gross written premium in 2013. Every Brazilian and foreigner residing in the country has access to the country's SUS. However, due to perceived inadequacies, the rich and the middle classes are increasingly using private healthcare services. As on 2013, more than 25% of Brazilians had private health insurance. The gross written premium registered by the segment rose during the review period.
- The personal accident and health insurance segment is the smallest in the industry, accounting for 15.2% of the industry's gross written premium in 2013.
- The growing middle-class population and a high adult literacy rate of 90.4% will continue to create demand for quality healthcare services.
- It is compulsory for expatriates to have health insurance in Brazil.
- The Agência Nacional de Saúde (ANS), the regulator of Brazil's private healthcare market, micro-manages the category.
- The personal accident and health insurance segment in Brazil is dominated by domestic health insurance companies.
- The category is concentrated, with three leading companies accounting for 39.9% and the 10 leading companies representing 70.7% of the category's total gross written premiums in 2013.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Regional Market Dynamics
4 Personal Accident and Health Insurance - Regional Benchmarking
5 Brazilian Insurance Industry Attractiveness
6 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Segment Outlook
7 Analysis by Distribution Channel
8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - Brazilian Personal Accident and Health Insurance
9 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
10 Governance, Risk and Compliance
11 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
12 Business Environment and Country Risk
- Itaú Seguros SA
- Bradesco Vida e Previdência SA
- Zurich Santander Seguros SA
- Companhia de Seguros Aliança do Brasil
- HSBC Seguros (Brasil) SA
- Metropolitan Life Seguros e Previdência Privada SA
- Mapfre Affinity Seguradora SA
- Itaú Vida e Previdência SA
- Porto Seguro Cia de Seguros Gerais
- Ace Seguradora SA
- Amil Assistência Medica Internacional SA
- Unimed Paulistana
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m6gxhw/personal_accident
- Insurance Industry
- health insurance
- gross written premium