Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7k9ckd/lamictal) has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "Lamictal (Epilepsy) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022" to their offering.
PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, Lamictal (Epilepsy) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022. Epilepsy is a brain disorder characterized by spontaneously occurring and recurrent seizures. The market is heavily driven by the sales of antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) targeted at seizure reduction. The AED market is currently dominated by UCB's Keppra and GlaxoSmithKline's Lamictal. Although both drugs have experienced significant generic erosion, they form the mainstay of epilepsy treatment in the nine markets and will continue to have significant market share during the forecast period.
Other key drugs include older generation AEDs such as Pfizer's Dilantin, Abbott's Depakote, and Novartis' Tegretol and Trileptal which still have significant usage due to their longevity in the market. However, the AED dominance landscape will continue to shift towards newer generation drugs particularly following the recent market entry of GlaxoSmithKline's Trobalt/Potiga and Eisai's Fycompa which both offer first-in-class mechanisms of action.
Lamictal is an anticonvulsant drug formulated as a tablet containing lamotrigine for oral administration. It was developed by GSK (then Glaxo Wellcome) and received FDA approval in December 1994. It is indicated for use alone or in combination with other medications to treat partial seizures, primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures, generalized seizures of LGS, and for conversion to monotherapy in adults with partial seizures who are receiving treatment with carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone, or valproate as the single AED. Lamictal inhibits voltage-sensitive sodium channels, thereby stabilizing neuronal membranes and consequently modulating the presynaptic release of excitatory neurotransmitters, such as glutamate.
- Overview of Epilepsy, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Lamictal including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Lamictal for the top nine countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, China and India
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Epilepsy
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Lamictal performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Lamictal from 2012-2022 in top nine countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, China and India)
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
3 Disease Overview
4 Disease Management
5 Competitive Assessment
6 Lamictal (lamotrigine)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7k9ckd/lamictal
- Sectors & Industries
- antiepileptic drugs