Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kfp587/life_insurance_in) has announced the addition of the "Life Insurance in Denmark, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" report to their offering.
In terms of written premium, the life insurance segment accounted for the largest share of the Danish insurance industry during the review period. The Danish life segment registered significant review-period (2008-2012) growth at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7%, higher than that of the non-life segment, mainly supported by group superannuation and unit-linked products.
Insurer's market life insurance as savings products, and Danish consumers' generally high propensity for risk led to life and group superannuation insurance companies launching more transparent, rather than traditional, products. The life segment grew at a CAGR of 3.7% during the review period. In the individual categories, key life products include individual life and unit-linked, whereas the group category covers group life and group superannuation insurance.
Group superannuation products accounted for 84.2% of the segment in 2012, mainly due to the aging population of the country, and are expected to lead the life segment over the forecast period with a 84.8% share of the segment's gross written premium in 2017.
- The Danish life insurance segment is mainly supported by group superannuation and unit-linked products
- Denmark's rapidly growing aging population is expected to play a key role in the growth of life insurance
- The Danish life segment is regulated by the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority (DFSA), which also regulates the non-life and personal accident and health segments
- As of 2012, 34 companies were licensed to conduct life insurance business in the country, of which seven operated exclusively in pension insurance
- The Danish life segment is highly concentrated, and the 10 leading insurers accounted for 77.8% of the segment's written premium in 2012"
Key Topics Covered:
Nordic Region Market Dynamics
Life Insurance Segment - Regional Benchmarking
Danish Insurance Industry Attractiveness
Life Insurance Outlook
Analysis by Distribution Channel
Porter's Five Forces Analysis - Danish Life Insurance
Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
Governance, Risk and Compliance
Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
Business Environment and Country Risk
- AP Pension Livsforsikringsaktieselskab
- Danica Pension
- IndustriensPensionsforsikring A/S
- Lærernes Pension
- NordeaLiv A/S
- PFA Pension Forsikrings AS (PFA Pension)
- Pen-Sam LivForsikringsaktieselskab
- PensionDanmark A/S
- SEB Pensionsforsikring A/S
- Sampension KP Livsforsikring A/S
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kfp587/life_insurance_in
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.