Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sdjzwc/personal_accident) has announced the addition of the "Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Finland, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" report to their offering.
In terms of gross written premium, personal accident and health is the smallest segment in the Finnish insurance industry. The government's welfare system, under which healthcare services are free for all Finns, and wide social security cover have limited the requirement for private health insurance.
Over the forecast period, personal accident and health insurance growth is expected to be driven by the health insurance category, which accounted for 59.9% of the segment in 2012. Overall, the value of the segment is expected to increase from EUR0.4 billion (US$0.5 billion) in 2012 to EUR0.6 billion (US$0.7 billion) in 2017, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.4%.
The report provides in depth market analysis, information and insights into the Finnish personal accident and health insurance segment, including:
- The Finnish personal accident and health insurance segment's growth prospects by insurance categories
- Key trends and drivers for the personal accident and health insurance segment
- The various distribution channels in the Finnish personal accident and health insurance segment
- The detailed competitive landscape in the personal accident and health insurance segment in Finland
- A detailed overview of the regulatory framework of the Finnish insurance industry
- A description of the personal accident and health reinsurance segment in Finland
- Porter's Five Forces Analysis of the personal accident and health insurance segment
- A benchmarking section on the Finnish life insurance segment in comparison with other countries in the Nordic Region
- Over the forecast period, personal accident and health insurance growth is expected to be driven by the health insurance category, which accounted for 59.9% of the segment in 2012.
- Direct marketing channels, such as the insurers' branches, accounted for 45.4% of the new business gross written premium in 2012, while bancassurance contributed 39.2%.
- The personal accident and health insurance segment accounted for the lowest share, just 2.0%, of the insurance industry in 2012, in terms of total gross written premium.
- In 2012, the health category dominated personal accident and health insurance, with a segment share of 59.2%.
- The five leading companies collectively accounted for 85.9% of the segment's gross written premium in 2012.
If P&C Insurance Company Ltd
Pohjola Insurance Ltd
LocalTapiola Mutual Pension Insurance Company
Eurooppalainen Insurance Company Ltd
Fennia Mutual Insurance Company
Local Insurance Mutual Company
Pohjantähti Mutual Insurance Company
Turva Mutual Insurance Company
Aktia Non-Life Insurance Company Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sdjzwc/personal_accident
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
- Insurance Industry
- private health insurance
- personal accident