Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c4m3v4/tapping_social) has announced the addition of the "Tapping Social Media for Clinical Trial Recruitment" report to their offering.
Tapping Social Media for Clinical Trial Recruitment is an essential, practical guide to understanding why and how trial recruiters are using Social Media channels to reach target patients.
The report begins by outlining the arguments for using this avenue for recruiting, including characteristics of Social Media users that can make them particularly receptive to trial notifications. It then moves beyond the theory to spotlight how Pharma is actually using Social Media as a recruiting tool - a development further detailed in four recent case studies of Social Media recruiting success stories. Two main approaches to using Social Media emerge from these examples - immediate recruitment and long-term relationship-building.
The problems - manifest and potential - to this recruiting route are reviewed in detail; key challenges include limited official guidance, risks of sending an invitation, privacy issues, and dealing with ethics committees.
Finally, the report suggests where Social Media clinical trial recruitment may be heading next, and how Pharma can be ready for those changes.
Key Report Features:
- The latest data and behavioural trends in Social Media usage
- Guidance on planning a Social Media presence
- Examples of how trial sponsors are already using social media recruiting
- Handy checklist of ways to engage your audience through Social Media
- Detailed advice on potential problems, including lack of regulations, privacy issues, and concerns about promotion of off-label indications
- Predictions for the next big developments in behaviour and attitudes
- Four Pharma Case Studies - on using Social Media to find patients with a rare disease, and to recruit candidates for Phase II, Phase IIb and Phase III trials
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c4m3v4/tapping_social
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
- Arts & Entertainment
- Social Media