Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pvdcnd/tenth_annual_u_s) has announced the addition of the "Tenth Annual U.S. Closed-Loop Prepaid Market Assessment" report to their offering.
The closed-loop prepaid market, which consists of 17 segments, grew to $309.1 billion in 2012, up 3 percent from $299.1 billion in 2011. This report documents the dollars loaded onto closed-loop prepaid cards or access devices in the United States during 2012. This edition contains more data than the previous one, so the report presents an even clearer picture of the market.
A closed-loop card is defined as one that can be redeemed only at the issuer's designated locations. Examples include a retailer's card that can be used only at the retailer's own stores or a government benefit cards that can be used only at select retailers that are linked into the government's electronic benefits transfer (EBT) network
"Growth in the closed-loop prepaid market has slowed, but the Digital Content and Games & Ring Tones segments continue to grow at a rapid pace as more people choose to download songs, games, books, and other content from the Internet," says Ben Jackson, author of the report.
- The total closed-loop prepaid market grew at a slower rate in 2012 than in 2011.
- Declines occurred in Employee/Partner Incentives, Consumer Incentives, Petroleum, Utilities, and Prepaid Long Distance segments.
- Declines in the Petroleum and Utilities segments may reflect lower energy costs in 2012 compared with 2011.
- The decline in the prepaid Long Distance segment reflects of the societal trend away from landlines toward cellular phones.
- The fastest growing segments were Digital Content and Games & Ring Tones.
- The In-Store Gift and Nutritional Assistance segments continued to be the largest segments.
- Boost Mobile
- Gift Card Partners
- Retail Gift Card Association
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pvdcnd/tenth_annual_u_s
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
- Personal Investing Ideas & Strategies