The folks at PinLeague have put together a nifty infographic about fast casual and casual dining restaurants on Pinterest.
They identified some brands that are doing things right, and some that aren't.
Here are the key takeaways referenced by PinLeague:Follower Growth:
- Panera Bread held a lead throughout Q4 and still has the most total Pinterest followers. However, underdog Maggiano’s grew Pinterest followers rapidly to jump from a distant 4th place to a close 2nd in a few short months.
- The secret to Maggiano’s rise: Frequent promotion of their weekly “Pin It to Win It” contests. You can see when their campaigns ran based on the large 1-2 day follower gains.
- You don’t need the most followers to generate the most engagement on Pinterest. With only 300 followers, Applebee’s earned more organic brand mentions than their competitors on Pinterest.
- The secret to Applebee’s popularity: a visually appealing, pinnable menu on their website including buttons to pin menu items.
- All Hail! With an incredibly high engagement rate of 98% and over 10,000 repins, we’re crowning Panera Bread as the reigning king of engagement for restaurants on Pinterest.
- A 98% Engagement Rate?! This means that 98% of Panera’s pins have at least 1 repin, like or comment. Not only is that impressive on its own, but it’s especially striking in comparison to the other Pinterest restaurants we tracked.
More From Business Insider
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Working At Hooters
- Tory Burch Employee Says She Was Taunted For Being Black And Gay
- A Plane Carrying Top Italian Fashion Boss Vittorio Missoni Has Gone Missing
- Dining & Nightlife
- Panera Bread