TV show about Ritchie Bros., "Selling Big", will be filming an episode at the auction as part of its second season
THUNDER BAY, ON , June 10, 2014 /CNW/ - Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE and TSX: RBA), the world's largest industrial auctioneer, will be conducting a massive, multi-million dollar, unreserved public auction in Thunder Bay, ON next Tuesday, June 17, 2014 . More than 450 heavy equipment items and trucks will be sold in the auction, including 20+ excavators, 20+ articulated dump trucks, 15+ crawler tractors, 15+ truck tractors, 10+ wheel loaders, as well as trailers, attachments and more. This auction is also being filmed for an episode of the television series Selling Big, which focuses on Ritchie Bros. customers, its employees and the equipment. Bids can be made in the auction live in-person at the auction site, online in real-time at www.rbauction.com and by proxy.
"It's great to be coming back to Thunder Bay for the first time in seven years and to be featured on the show Selling Big," said Scott Zeilstra , Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. "This is one of our largest Canadian off-site auctions ever, with a huge selection of late-model Caterpillar and Volvo construction equipment and Kenworth trucks. As always, every single item in the auction will be sold without minimum prices or reserve bids—buyers set the prices at our auction, not the equipment owners or Ritchie Bros."
The auction will start promptly at 9 a.m. (local time) and will be held at 4045 Hwy 17 (Trans-Canada Highway) in Thunder Bay, ON . Specific equipment highlights include:
- Seven 2014 Kenworth T800 truck tractors
- Six 2012 Volvo A40F 6x6 articulated dump trucks
- Two 2011 Caterpillar 772 50-ton rock trucks
- Two 2012 Caterpillar 349EL hydraulic excavators
- Two Volvo L350F wheel loaders (2010 & 2009 models)
- A 2012 Caterpillar D8T crawler tractor
- A 2014 Kenworth T880 truck tractor (T/A)
- A 2013 Freightliner 114SD Tri/A hydro vac truck
Equipment will be sold for more than 40 owners, including a complete dispersal for G&G Service, a Thunder Bay, ON -based logging contractor and road builder.
"I'm selling my whole fleet in the auction, more than 100 equipment items and trucks, all in one day," said Ken Gaudette , owner of G&G Service. "I've been in business for 40 years—all my equipment is well-maintained and most of it's late model. You can take every piece and go straight to work. With Ritchie Bros. you know everything is upfront and honest, especially since all their auctions are unreserved. I think an unreserved auction is really the only way to buy and sell."
Selling Big Series Filming in Thunder Bay
After a very successful first season on Cottage Life, the documentary television series Selling Big, produced by Mountain Road Productions and featuring Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, is now filming Season Two. Focusing on Ritchie Bros. customers, its employees and a whole lot of equipment, Selling Big tells the story of big machinery and big price tags.
Several episodes have already been filmed for Season Two at Ritchie Bros. auctions in Alberta , Nova Scotia and British Columbia . This Thunder Bay auction will be the first episode of the series to be filmed in Ontario . You can watch encores of Season One episodes of Selling Big on Cottage Life Wednesdays at 10 p.m. (Eastern & Pacific Time). For more information visit: www.CottageLife.com.
- Location: 4045 Hwy 17 (Trans-Canada Highway), Thunder Bay, ON , P0T 2G0, Canada
- Time and date: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. (local time)
- Auction site phone: +1.905.857.2422
- The auction is open to the public; registration to bid is free; a refundable bid deposit may be required
- How to register and bid:
- In person at the auction site
- Online at rbauction.com - register in advance and bid online in real time on auction day; a refundable bid deposit may be required; first-time bidders should register several days in advance of the auction
- By proxy - phone the auction site to place a proxy bid
- Interested buyers can come to the auction site to inspect, test and compare items ahead of the auction
For more information on the auction, including detailed equipment information and high-resolution equipment photos, visit the Company's 21-language website at www.rbauction.com.
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is the world's largest seller of used equipment for the construction, transportation, agriculture, material handling, energy, mining, forestry, marine and other industries. Ritchie Bros.™ solutions make it easy for the world's builders to buy and sell equipment with confidence, including live unreserved public auctions with on-site and online bidding (rbauction.com), the EquipmentOne™ secure online marketplace (EquipmentOne.com), a professional corporate asset management program, and a range of value-added services, including equipment financing for customers through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services (rbauctionfinance.com). Ritchie Bros. has operations in more than 25 countries, including 44 auction sites worldwide. Learn more at RitchieBros.com.
SOURCE Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
- Canada International News
- Arts & Entertainment
- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
- THUNDER BAY
Ian Malinski, Corporate Communications Lead, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
Phone: +1.778.331.5432 | Email: CorpComm@rbauction.com
Scott Zeilstra, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
Auction site phone: +1.905.857.2422