More than 150 equipment items to be sold by unreserved auction, including three Hitachi EX2500-6's
CHARLESTON, WV, May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE and TSX: RBA), the world's largest industrial auctioneer, will conduct an unreserved public auction at the Charleston Civic Center in Charleston, WV on May 22, 2013. More than 150 pieces of mining and other heavy equipment items are already featured in the auction, including wheel loaders, crawler tractors, hydraulic excavators, front shovels, rock trucks and more. Bidders can participate in the auction in-person, online in real time at www.rbauction.com or by proxy.
"This Charleston auction features a selection of good-quality, used mining and earthmoving equipment from surface mining operations in the eastern United States," said John Fairley, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. "On May 22, within just a matter of hours, we will sell millions of dollars' worth of huge mining equipment, including more than 35 wheel loaders, 30 crawler tractors, 20 rock trucks, 10 drills, three Hitachi EX2500-6's—two configured as front shovels, the other as a hydraulic excavator—and more. And, every single item in the public auction will be sold unreserved—to the highest bidder, regardless of price—without minimum bids or reserve prices."
Specific equipment highlights in the Charleston auction include:
- 10 Caterpillar 992G high-lift wheel loaders
- seven Hitachi EH1700 100-ton rock trucks
- six Caterpillar D11R crawler tractors
- two Hitachi EX2500-6 front shovels (a 2010 & a 2009 model)
- one 2009 Hitachi EX2500-6 hydraulic excavator
Equipment is located at various mine sites and will be sold by Virtual Ramp, where photos of the items are shown on a screen while being sold. Please contact the Ritchie Bros. auction site at +1.304.343.6468 to schedule an appointment to view the equipment prior to sale day.
Consignments are still being accepted for the Charleston auction; anyone interested in selling their equipment can contact the auction site at +1.304.343.6468. For complete details on all upcoming Ritchie Bros. auctions, including detailed equipment information and high-resolution photos of equipment being sold, visit the Company's website at www.rbauction.com.
- Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, starting at 9 a.m.
- Address: Charleston Civic Center (200 Civic Center Drive, Charleston, WV, 25301)
- Phone: +1.304.343.6468
- Auction is open to the public; registration to bid is free; a refundable bid deposit may be required
- Contact the auction site to schedule an appointment to view the equipment prior to sale day
- How to register and bid:
- In person at the auction site—all equipment will be sold by Virtual Ramp
- Online at rbauction.com - register in advance and bid online in real time on auction day; a refundable bid deposit may be required; first-time online bidders should register several days in advance of the auction
- By proxy - phone the auction site to place a proxy bid
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is the world's largest seller of used equipment for the construction, transportation, agricultural, material handling, energy, mining, forestry, marine and other industries. Ritchie Bros. offers compelling solutions that make it easy for the world's builders to buy and sell equipment with confidence. The Company conducts hundreds of unreserved public auctions each year, selling more equipment to on-site and online bidders than any other company in the world (rbauction.com). The Company also operates an online marketplace through Ritchie Bros. EquipmentOne (EquipmentOne.com) and a range of value-added services, including equipment financing for customers through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services (rbauctionfinance.com). The Company has over 110 locations in more than 25 countries, including 44 auction sites worldwide.
ATTENTION MEDIA: Photos and other media resources are available for use at http://www.rbauction.com/media.