LAHAINA, HI--(Marketwired - May 7, 2013) - As one of the nation's premiere family resorts in Maui, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua is unveiling its "Family Adventure Summer Series" dedicated to creating memorable, authentic Hawaiian vacations for families and guests of all ages. "Our cultural and environmental ties to Maui have been a huge draw, bringing families back to The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua year after year," said Scott Robison, Director of Sales and Marketing. "This summer we have expanded our summer activity offerings for kids and parents, providing even more opportunities for families to reconnect and create lasting memories."
The Family Adventure Summer Series includes new activities at the pool and the beach, the Spa and the Maui resort's signature Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment program:
Keiki (Children) Summer Camp with Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment
Experience summer break like never before with education and exploration in nature's 'living' classroom, led by Cousteau-trained naturalists. Activities include snorkeling, ocean education, hikes and authentic Hawaiian cultural experiences. The Ambassadors Weekly Camp welcomes children ages 5 years and up, lunch is provided:
$499 per child -- with siblings welcomed to join the fun for $439
Offered Monday through Friday from 9:30am to 4:30pm
The Mana Maker Ambassadors Experience
The perfect way to experience "mauka" (mountain) and "makai" (ocean), Hawaiian-style. Guests begin the day with a guided, interpretive snorkel tour with the expert naturalists from Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment. After experiencing the deep blue waters of the Pacific, guests of the luxury Hawaii resort will return to land for a nature hike of choice where the naturalists will demonstrate how the mauka and makai are eternally connected. ($279 per guest, advanced reservations required, maximum two people per tour and must be minimum of 12 years-old to enjoy)
The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Kapalua
New for summer, when adults confirm two 80-minute spa treatments, up to two children will experience their Ambassadors program complimentary. (Ages 5+, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm daily). This is ideal for parents looking to rejuvenate while the children are adventuring with The Ambassadors.
Signature spa treatments for the summer include:
- Organic Papaya Pineapple Manicure and Pedicure: a coconut hibiscus hand and foot soak relieves tension followed by an invigorating, aromatic papaya pineapple hand and foot scrub and indulgent massage with luxurious all-natural moisturizer. (80 minutes, $120)
- Coco-Luscious Organic Facial: a collagen boosting skin treatment with coconut, bamboo and Tahitian flowers. An exclusive Natural Retinol Alternative Complex firms and lifts the skin. (50 minutes, $145)
- Soothing Noni Body Wrap: a gentle application of Noni gel from tropical island fruit will calm skin while guests are wrapped in comfort. Complemented by a relaxing scalp and foot massage. (50 minutes, $145)
The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Cabana Experience At the Pool and The Beach House
Three unique Cabana Experiences create a private sanctuary while sitting poolside or at the beach:
- The Casabella for up to 2 at the Beach House with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean ($50 per day)
- The Pool Cabana for up to 4 offers water and soft-drink service, pineapple plate ($100 per day)
- The Pool Cabana Suite for up to 8 -- the most sought after cabana includes the standard cabana amenities plus a Cabana attendant refreshing Oshibori towels, select sparkling wine or chardonnay, iPod docking station and a flat screen TV ($300 per day)
Family-fun-in-the-sun abounds at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua children's pool -- with bocce ball and shuffle boards nearby, this is the perfect place for families to play and refresh in the warm summer sun.
Keiki Complimentary Dining Program
Valid Through December 18, 2013
Children (12) years and younger dine free at the Pool Cafe or Alaloa Lounge
Children (5) years and younger eat free for breakfast in The Terrace Restaurant
(One complimentary child per full-paying adult, offer not valid with In-Room Dining.)
Additional Complimentary Summer Delights
The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua announced two featured summer vacation packages in Maui -- the Island Paradise and the Island Paradise Luxury. Valid dates are June 16 - August 31, 2013 with the following inclusions:
- Enjoy a complimentary Mai Tai made poolside by our talented mixologists
- Complimentary Summer Learning Series -- "Kingdom of Hawaii" a history on the Hawaiian Monarchy at the Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment Center
- Enliven the senses while lounging poolside with our Waihua Spa Providers offering complimentary cool Oshibori towels, cucumber eye mask and lavender spritzer
- Cultural 'Walk n' Talk' Tours honoring the property's sacred Honakahua Preservation Site and exploring treasures from medicinal and organic gardens to native art collections
- Make a splash every Saturday with Maui Aqua Fit, a fun fitness class that tones and strengthens all major muscle groups while using water as resistance
- Sunday night 'Dive-In Movies' for the entire family to enjoy
The Island Paradise Package pricing starts at $519 per night offering a fifth night complimentary and daily breakfast for two. The Island Paradise Luxury Package starts at $579 per night and includes a fifth complimentary night and a $500 hotel credit. Both packages require a minimum five-night stay.
The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua truly offers something for everyone this summer season, far beyond extraordinary sun, surf and sand. For more information or reservations at the luxury Hawaii resort, please call (800) 262-8440, the Maui resort directly at (808) 669-6200, or visit web site at http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/KapaluaMaui/Default.htm.
About The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua
The AAA Five-Diamond Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, boasting warm-hued wood floors, rich travertine bathrooms, flat-screen LCD televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The Waihua Spa at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, steam, sauna and whirlpool therapies, outdoor couple's hale (cabanas) and a fitness center and movement studio with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment program offers all interest levels an array of outdoor activities from land to sea, led by trained naturalists. The breathtaking island resort also features six dining experiences, enhanced indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. The luxury resort in Maui is nestled on 54 acres and enveloped by the 23,000 acre Kapalua Resort, renowned for two championship golf courses, award-winning Maui restaurants and an historic pineapple plantation.
About The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. of Chevy Chase, Md., currently operates 82 hotels in the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and the Caribbean. More than 30 hotel and residential projects are under development around the globe. The Ritz-Carlton is the only service company to have twice earned the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award which recognizes outstanding customer service. For more information, or reservations, contact a travel professional, call toll free in the U.S. 1-800-241-3333, or visit the company website at www.ritzcarlton.com. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marriott International, Inc. (