SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 1, 2012) - Riverbed Technology (
- Juniper Networks recently announced it has endorsed Riverbed as its provider of choice for WAN optimization solutions. Juniper Networks is committed to its customers' success and is collaborating with Riverbed on this trade-in program to help customers with their transition from the WX/WXC Series Application Acceleration Platforms to the Riverbed Steelhead product family.
- The trade-in program from Riverbed provides Juniper customers and reseller partners with significant cost-saving incentives in addition to benefits that come with the Steelhead products. The Steelhead product family accelerates application performance across the WAN by up to 100 times, while reducing the amount of traffic on the network by up to 95 percent. The performance enabled by Riverbed WAN optimization solutions allows enterprises to successfully implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery (DR) without sacrificing user performance. Distributed workforces are able to collaborate in real-time with LAN-like access to data and applications regardless of their location or the location of their data.
- Gartner positioned Riverbed in the Leaders quadrant of the 2012 "Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers (WOC)" authored by Joe Skorupa and Severine Real and published in January 2012.
- A study by IDC found organizations that deployed Riverbed WAN optimization solutions typically realized a payback period in 6.9 months.
For more information about the trade-in program for Juniper Networks WX and WXC products, customers and partners can visit http://www.riverbed.com/us/solutions/trade_in/juniper.php, email email@example.com, or call +1 415-541-2132.
"Riverbed offers the most comprehensive set of performance solutions that are easy to install and manage in even the most complex, large-scale environments. Through this partnership, we are working with Juniper to deliver our market-leading WAN optimization solutions to enterprises that need performance and scale in the traditional data center, as well as virtualized and cloud environments."
Eric Wolford, executive vice president and general manager, products group, Riverbed
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the expected demand for Riverbed's products and services, and statements relating to Riverbed's ability to grow market share, meet the needs of distributed organizations, and deliver anticipated solutions. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; our ability to anticipate market needs or develop new or enhanced products to meet those needs; the adoption rate of our products; our ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with our distribution partners; our ability to compete in our industry; fluctuations in demand, sales cycles and prices for our products and services; shortages or price fluctuations in our supply chain; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights; general political, economic and market conditions and events; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Riverbed's business are set forth in our Form 10-Q filed with the SEC on July 27, 2012. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof, and we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements. Any future product, feature or related specification that may be referenced in this release are for information purposes only and are not commitments to deliver any technology or enhancement. Riverbed reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time.
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Riverbed delivers performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization. Additional information about Riverbed (
Riverbed and any Riverbed product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.
- Investment & Company Information
- Juniper Networks
- WAN Optimization