SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Feb 26, 2013) - Riverbed Technology (
- Delivering on the technology preview announced in August 2012, Riverbed Granite has achieved VMware Ready™ status with VMware Horizon View 5.2, enabling high performance remote and branch office virtual desktop deployments and ensuring VMware Global Support Services (GSS) support for customers who use the combined solution. Granite allows organizations to overcome the challenges of wide area networks (WAN)s, such as limited bandwidth, latency, and unforeseeable outages when delivering virtual desktops to remote locations. In conjunction with the VMware View Branch Office Desktop (BOD) and Business Process Desktop (BPD) solutions, Granite delivers a high quality Horizon View user desktop experience while preserving consolidation and control in the data center.
- Riverbed offers a QoS solution for PCoIP® that delivers fine-grained control of Horizon View virtual desktop traffic. The combination of WAN optimization and the ability to prioritize PCoIP at a granular level along with other traffic that traverses the same WAN helps organizations achieve the appropriate balance between desktop virtualization and business applications.
- New Riverbed Stingray® Traffic Manager integration with Horizon View provides acceleration, business continuity, fine-grained application-level control and high availability for end-users that require constant access to desktops, applications and data from any device or location. Stingray Traffic Manager offers Global Load Balancing (GLB), secure socket layer (SSL) Offload and Riverbed Stingray TrafficScript, a programming language used to create rules to address problems including security vulnerabilities, application bugs, or application incompatibilities.
- Released in Oct 2012, Cascade 10.0 delivers the needed network performance management within Horizon View environments, giving organizations the critical ability to pinpoint, understand, and troubleshoot in VDI environments. Cascade 10.0 provides visibility of the PCoIP protocol for actions such as screen refresh, print and type. These details are critical for troubleshooting and optimizing the usage and performance of interactive applications in Horizon View environments.
"By deepening our partnership with VMware, we give enterprises the ability to provide end users a seamless experience when accessing their desktop, applications and data regardless of location. Simultaneously, we are enabling enterprises to benefit from greater control and flexibility in distributed organizations."
- Venugopal Pai, vice president, Global Alliances and Business Development
"The strategic partnership with Riverbed enables organizations to benefit from greater optimization and visibility in VMware® Horizon View™ environments including Branch Office Desktop (BOD) and Business Process Desktop (BPD) deployments. The comprehensive suite of Riverbed performance solutions combined with VMware Horizon View gives end users the reliable experience they come to expect while helping provide enterprises with a way to reduce complexity, achieve greater cost savings and manage IT more efficiently."
- Parag Patel, vice president, Global Strategic Alliances, VMware
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the expected demand for Riverbed's products and services. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; our ability to anticipate market needs or develop new or enhanced products to meet those needs; the adoption rate of our products; our ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with our distribution partners; our ability to compete in our industry; fluctuations in demand, sales cycles and prices for our products and services; shortages or price fluctuations in our supply chain; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights; general political, economic and market conditions and events; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Riverbed's business are set forth in our Form 10-K filed with the SEC on February 19, 2013. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof, and we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements. Any future product, feature or related specification that may be referenced in this release are for information purposes only and are not commitments to deliver any technology or enhancement. Riverbed reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time.
Riverbed delivers application performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization. Additional information about Riverbed (
Riverbed and any Riverbed product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.
VMware, VMware Ready and Horizon View are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.