Evan Agostini/Getty Images
TMZ obtained Williams' trust documents, w hich stated:
When each turned 21 they got 1/3 of the share. When they turned 25 they got half of what remained. When they turned 30 they each got their full share. The trust was not dependent on Robin's death. The kids received their money, although Cody and Zelda have not been paid in full because of their age.
While TMZ does not know the amount in the trusts, the site reports: " Robin had a significant amount of money outside the trust and his current wife, Susan Schneider , will almost certainly receive a significant amount."
Williams' net worth was once estimated to be near $130 million, but in 2013, he admitted to Parade magazine that he was on the verge of bankruptcy after two divorces — despite his films grossing more than $5.1 billion worldwide.
"Divorce is expensive," Williams, who was married to his third wife at the time of his death, explained to the mag. "I used to joke they were going to call it 'all the money,' but they changed it to 'alimony.' It's ripping your heart out through your wallet."
Williams also revealed to Parade that he was selling his $35 million house to help cover his debts.
"There are bills to pay. My life has downsized, in a good way," Williams said. "I'm selling the ranch up in Napa. I just can't afford it anymore."
Williams added that, "the idea of having a steady job is appealing," and in 2013 he returned to TV as the lead on the CBS sitcom "The Crazy Ones."
“Here he was in his 60s and forced to take a role on television for the money,” a source close to Williams told Radar Online. “It’s just not where he thought he would be at this point in his life.”
More From Business Insider
- Robin Williams' Ex-Wife And 3 Children Release Heartbreaking Statements
- An Insightful Story About Doing Improv With Robin Williams At The Upright Citizens Brigade
- Robin Williams' Latest Co-Star Sarah Michelle Gellar Writes Amazing Note On 'The Father I Always Dreamed Of'
- Conan O'Brien Breaks News Of Robin Williams' Death To His Audience, Gives Emotional Tribute
- Robin Williams' Daughter Releases First Heartbreaking Statement
- Personal Finance - Lifestyle
- Robin Williams