REDWOOD CITY, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 19, 2013) - Rocket Fuel Inc., the leading provider of artificial intelligence advertising solutions for digital marketers, announced that it has appointed Michael Racic as vice president of category development. Racic will be responsible for leading the expansion of industry focused opportunities in the company's sales department and building out specific industry verticals.
- Racic has more than 12 years of digital and communications planning experience. Most recently, Racic was EVP & Managing Partner for Universal McCann, a global media agency for some of the largest and most influential brands including MasterCard, Johnson and Johnson, Chrysler and Sony.
- During his more than six years with Universal McCann, Racic led the company's U.S. client portfolio management, integrated planning efforts and digital communications initiatives.
- Prior to Universal McCann, Racic served as vice president, director of digital communications and emerging technology at Optimedia, a media agency specializing in integrated marketing communications strategies.
Rocket Fuel's Innovation Path:
- The March 2013 Forrester Consulting Total Economic Impact study commissioned by Rocket Fuel concluded that Rocket Fuel's programmatic media buying technology delivers an average return on investment (ROI) increase of 229% for agencies and 192% for advertisers over a three-year period when Rocket Fuel is incorporated into the media buy mix.
- Rocket Fuel was recently named to the 2013 AlwaysOn OnMedia 100 list for the fourth year in a row, and is #4 on the 2013 Forbes Most Promising Companies in America list. The company now has 18 offices worldwide.
- Rocket Fuel has worked with dozens of the top 100 Leading National Advertisers (Advertising Age), including Kraft, Allstate, and many others.
- "Michael's proven leadership and experience in digital marketing, a deep understanding of marketers' needs across a wide portfolio of leading brands, and tremendous knowledge of how digital media can address those needs will be crucial to manage and grow Rocket Fuel's business in key verticals," said Richard Frankel, president of Rocket Fuel. "The expertise that he brings in helping marketers turn digital into a powerful branding medium will bring new dimensions to Rocket Fuel's innovation pipeline."
- "Rocket Fuel's innovative programmatic buying technology is a valuable asset to advertisers across all verticals," said Racic. "The company has a proven track record of success with some of the world's largest and most recognizable brands and I am excited to join at a time when they are bringing programmatic to traditional brand channels."
About Rocket Fuel Inc.
Rocket Fuel delivers the leading programmatic media-buying platform at big data scale that harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to improve marketing ROI. Rocket Fuel's powerful Advertising That Learns™ technology drives best-in-plan results for advertisers, and empowers media teams to focus on strategy, not spreadsheets. Its distributed computing engine currently screens over 28 billion ad opportunities per day, and selects the best for its customers, via real time bidding (RTB) relationships with major publishers and exchanges, with 894 brands powered by Rocket Fuel in 2012. Awarded #4 on Forbes' 2013 Most Promising Companies in America list, Rocket Fuel was founded by online advertising veterans and rocket scientists from NASA, Yahoo!, Salesforce.com, and DoubleClick. Rocket Fuel employs over 440 people in 18 offices worldwide including New York, London, Paris, and Hamburg.
- Investment & Company Information
- Rocket Fuel