REDWOOD CITY, CA--(Marketwired - Nov 20, 2013) - Rocket Fuel Inc. (
- Choice Hotels franchises more than 6,200 hotels, representing more than 500,000 rooms in more than 30 countries and territories.
- Choice Hotels and ad agency MMGY began working with Rocket Fuel to increase its visibility in the very competitive online-travel marketplace.
- Choice Hotels' goals included increasing regional performance against numerous competitors in the bargain-priced lodging space, increasing awareness among business and vacation family travelers, as well as securing bookings from avid travelers.
- Rocket Fuel implemented a programmatic buying initiative for Choice Hotels across multiple channels including display, social, mobile, and video.
- Rocket Fuel's AI and Big Data-driven platform provided real-time analysis of billions of data points, enabling Choice Hotels to accurately reach and engage highly specific customer segments.
- In the first five months of 2013, Choice Hotels achieved 34,414 conversions (room reservations).
- Choice Hotels had a ROAS increase of 2,106% in the first five months of 2013.
- Rocket Fuel is now Choice Hotels' preferred audience-buying partner, running in nearly every region across multiple channels including display, social, mobile, and video.
Rocket Fuel's Overall Travel Industry Success:
- Choice Hotels International: Achieved 34,414 conversions (room reservations) in the first five months of 2013 and increased return on ad spend (ROAS) by 2,106%.
- KeyLime Cove Waterpark: Attracted park visitors to KeyLime Cove with an 8.49:1 return on investment (ROI) during its peak season and a 4.39:1 ROI during off-peak season.
- Lufthansa: Helped reduce Lufthansa's cost per action (CPA) by nearly 50% and increased conversions by 11%.
- Jarvis Mak, SVP of Customer Success at Rocket Fuel, and Claire Bishop, SVP of Integrated Media Strategy at MMGY Global, will discuss the deployment and the benefits of programmatic buying for the travel industry at the PhoCusWright Conference on Wednesday, November 20 at 10:15 a.m. ET.
- Mak and Bishop will also share the results of their AI and Big Data-driven programmatic initiative with Choice Hotels.
- The PhoCusWright Conference is the leading global event for the travel industry. Attendees will discover, confront, and capitalize on the latest trends and opportunities in travel.
- "We have a strong track record of executing innovative advertising programs and driving success for some of the largest companies in the competitive travel sector," said Jarvis Mak, Senior Vice President of Customer Success. "We worked closely with Choice Hotels to develop a multi-channel programmatic initiative tailored to specific audiences in real time, resulting in incredible returns that exceeded their goals and cemented Rocket Fuel as a principal partner."
About Rocket Fuel Inc.
Rocket Fuel delivers a leading programmatic media-buying platform at Big Data scale that harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to improve marketing ROI in digital media across web, mobile, video, and social channels. Rocket Fuel powers digital advertising and marketing programs globally for customers in North America, Europe, and Japan. Customers use Rocket Fuel's Advertising That Learns™ platform to achieve brand and direct-response objectives in diverse industries from luxury cars to groceries to retail. Rocket Fuel currently operates in 20 offices worldwide and trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "FUEL." For more information, please visit http://www.rocketfuel.com or call 1-888-717-8873.
- Travel & Tourism
- Choice Hotels International
- Rocket Fuel