VANCOUVER, British Columbia, July 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Respect Your Universe, Inc. (TSX VENTURE: RYU) (OTCQB: RYUND) ("RYU"), an athletic lifestyle apparel brand designed for all disciplines of movement, is pleased to provide a list of recent media exposure for the brand with the top fitness and lifestyle publications in North America.
Of note, none of this media coverage was paid for placements and was secured solely through public relations efforts because of the media's genuine liking of the RYU apparel items and products. Drawn to the fit, fabrication, sustainability or the spirit of the RYU code, all of the media experienced the superior quality of the RYU apparel items and accessories prior to publishing coverage.
Marcello Leone, RYU's President, stated, "Our team effort in creative and development is paying off as our products are being featured in a wide range of media, including TV, online and print. This ramp in media exposure is a testament to our product uniqueness and quality and will assist in generating the revenue growth we expect over the next few quarters."
Media Exposure and Highlights Since January 1, 2014:
- MensFitness.com (multiple articles)
- RYU Cultural Influence Ambassador Alexander Ludwig featured online in an article titled "Q&A With Lone Survivor's Alexander Ludwig Talk Fitness" including how he got involved with RYU and photos from the Spring '14 photo shoot
- Five different RYU men's apparel items included in the feature "32 Best Things for CrossFit in 2014"
- Men's RYU Focus Training Jacket featured in the online Father's Day Gift Guide
- Muscle & Fitness Magazine
- Three Men's Spring Collection items (Signature Sleeveless Top, Respect Shorts and Backpack) included in their summer "Edge Gear - Hot Stuff" section
- Muscle & Fitness HERS Magazine
- RYU Allure Capris prominently featured, worn and showcased by Hollywood Celebrity Carmen Electra in her six page featured workout "Electra-fy Your Body" for their Summer issue
- RYU Stellar 2n1 Shorts included as one of ten select products for their summer product round-up "Hottest Gear for Staying Cool this Summer" in order to "beat the heat"
- Arizona Health & Living
- Girls Life Magazine
- Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce
Media Exposure Expected over next few months:
- Muscle & Fitness
- Muscle & Fitness HERS
- Men's Health Magazine
- Forbes.com – Sports Business
Respect Your Universe, Inc. is a performance apparel brand designed for athletes and active adults. Crafted from organic and/or earth-friendly materials, RYU apparel enhances movement, is extremely comfortable and healthy for the environment. Founded in 2008, RYU has incorporated the lessons learned from mixed martial arts into beautiful everyday performance wear. For more information, visit www.ryu.com.
RESPECT YOUR UNIVERSE, INC.
Marcello Leone, President and Director
Statements regarding expected revenue growth and media exposure are "forward looking statements", which are subject to risks and uncertainties, which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of RYU to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, among others, that RYU's business plan is dependent on additional financing, which it may be unable to obtain on terms acceptable to RYU, changes in general economic or market conditions that could impact consumer demand for RYU's products, and RYU's ability to execute on its business plan. Except as required by law, RYU undertakes no responsibility to update any of the forward-looking statements contained in this news release
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- Alexander Ludwig