REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 16, 2012) - Oracle (
- Sabre Holdings, a global technology company servicing travel agencies, travel suppliers, airlines and consumers, selected Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle GoldenGate to support customer growth.
- Faced with multi-terabyte data growth and exponential scalability demands, resulting from rapidly expanding data sources and a growing customer base, Sabre needed a flexible and comprehensive data management platform that could simplify integration across disparate data sources, support IT infrastructure upgrades and streamline new product development.
- After an in-depth technical and business evaluation, Sabre chose Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle GoldenGate, components of Oracle Fusion Middleware, to meet its data integration and business goals.
- By leveraging the real-time and bulk data integration capabilities delivered by Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle Data Integrator, Sabre has been able to successfully manage a 7x increase in data sources for its enterprise data warehouse, increase its scheduling capacity by more than 5x and support a zero-downtime migration to an Oracle Database with Oracle Real Application Clusters.
- With Oracle's data integration solutions, Sabre has been able to reduce time-to-market for new Sabre products and services by 30 percent. In addition, the reliability, scalability and high performance of the integrated Oracle solution has enabled Sabre to significantly reduce infrastructure complexity.
- Sabre is also using Oracle Database and Oracle Real Application Clusters, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Data Guard and Oracle GoldenGate to power its data and business intelligence solutions, which support more than 100 applications and approximately 1000 users.
- "Sabre Holdings' implementation of Oracle's next-generation data integration platform is a strong testament to the value we can provide customers," said Brad Adelberg, vice president of Development, Oracle. "Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle GoldenGate's exceptional performance when addressing big data volumes, and flexibility in deploying multiple integration patterns including real-time and optimized bulk data processing, allow customers like Sabre to rapidly adopt and take advantage of new technology."
- "We were faced with the task of making significant infrastructure changes while keeping up with a rapidly expanding stream of data from new and existing sources," said Jessica Thorud, Director, Sabre Holdings. "With Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle GoldenGate, we have been able to create a highly scalable and reliable IT environment. It has allowed us to streamline daily business operations, successfully complete the migration to a new high-performance Oracle Database and reduce time-to-market for new products and services."
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle Data Integrator
- Oracle GoldenGate
- Oracle Travel and Transportation
- Sabre Holdings
- Join the Oracle Fusion Middleware online communities: Facebook, Twitter and Blog
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to automate and integrate complex business processes in the travel and transportation industries, helping speed time to market, increase profitability, reduce costs and ease compliance with regulations.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.