SCOTTSDALE, AZ--(Marketwire - Jan 3, 2013) - TASER (
TASER received and shipped the following orders of 120 AXONFlex cameras and various related accessories with a 5-year EVIDENCE.com service plan for the Valley Police Alliance that will deploy 15 Flex units to each of the following agencies:
- Draper City Police Department
- Murray City Police Department
- Salt Lake City Police Department
- Sandy City Police Department
- South Jordan Police Department
- Utah Department of Public Safety
- West Jordan Police Department
- West Valley Police Department
"We believe this technology will reduce citizen complaints, enhance criminal convictions, streamline investigations, and improve trust with the communities we serve," said Chief Chris Burbank, Salt Lake City Police Department. "This purchase allows members of the Valley Police Alliance, an association of thirteen police agencies in the Salt Lake Valley, to take an important technological step forward. By grouping together and paying up front, agencies will realize a significant cost savings for a five-year package including the AXONFlex on-officer camera system and EVIDENCE.com service."
TASER also received and shipped the following orders for 323 AXONFlex and various related accessories in the fourth quarter:
- Bermuda Police Service deployed 24 AXON systems with a 1-year service plan
- Choctaw Police Department (OK) deployed 10 Flex systems with a 1-year service plan
- Farmington Police Department (AR) deployed 10 Flex systems with a 1-year service plan
- Cleveland Clinic Police Department (OH) deployed 25 Flex systems with a 1-year service plan
- Fort Collins Police Services (CO) deployed 20 Flex systems with a 3-year service plan
- Greenville Police Department (NC) deployed 12 Flex systems with a 1-year service plan
- Hamden Police Department (CT) deployed 36 Flex systems with a 1-year service plan
- International customer deployed 64 Flex systems
- Kalispel Tribal Police Department (WA) deployed 10 Flex systems with a 1-year service plan
- Kingman Police Department (AZ) deployed 10 Flex systems with a 1-year service plan
- Lakeway Police Department (TX) deployed 12 Flex systems with a 1-year service plan
- Merced Police Department (CA) deployed 25 Flex systems with a 1-year service plan
- Pullman Police Department (WA) deployed 25 Flex systems with a 3-year service plan
- Saint Johns Police Department (AZ) deployed 10 Flex systems with a 1-year service plan
- Springerville Police Department (AZ) deployed 10 Flex systems with a 1-year service plan
- Whitewater Police Department (WI) deployed 10 Flex systems with a 1-year service plan
- Winston-Salem Police Department (NC) deployed 10 Flex systems with a 1-year service plan
"We are excited about the deployment of EVIDENCE.com across the multiple agencies of the Salt Lake Valley Police Alliance," said Rick Smith, CEO and founder of TASER International. "The EVIDENCE.com solution will enable seamless, secure information sharing across these partner agencies that would have been very complex and expensive to achieve with older 'build-on-premise' IT systems. We are grateful to Chief Burbank and the Salt Lake Valley Police Alliance for taking the leadership to be the first coordinated multi-agency deployment of EVIDENCE.com," concluded Smith.
"Our technical teams are prepared to work closely with the Alliance to refine the inter-agency workflows within EVIDENCE.com," said Jason Droege, General Manager of Video and Cloud. "The advanced cloud-based architecture of EVIDENCE.com will allow us to bring these multiple agencies online rapidly. Together with the Alliance, we will refine and introduce new features every 90 days, accelerating the collaboration capabilities of these partner agencies far beyond what could have been achieved with older technology models," concluded Droege.
- AXON Flex Photos: http://www.taserbranding.com/press-images-axon-flex/
- Press Kit: http://www.taser.com/press-kit
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OfficialTASER
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
- TASER Blog: http://blog.taser.com/
- French Website Address: http://fr.taser.com/
- Brazilian Website Address: http://br.taser.com/
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER protects life. TASER® Conducted Electrical Weapons (CEWs) have saved more than 100,000 lives from potential death or serious injury. We enable greater transparency with the industry-leading TASER CAM and AXONFlex on-officer video systems. Together with our customers, we are defining the future of smart policing by connecting intelligent devices and sensors with the first secure cloud-based digital evidence management solution: EVIDENCE.com.
Since 1994, more than 255,000 private individuals have relied on TASER technology to protect themselves and their loved ones. Learn more about TASER and its solutions at www.TASER.com and www.EVIDENCE.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc., registered in the U.S. All rights reserved. TASER logo, TASER X2™, TASER CAM™ and AXONFlex™ are trademarks of TASER International, Inc.
Note to Investors
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Erin Curtis by phone at 480-515-6330 or via email at IR@TASER.com.
- Politics & Government
- Crime & Justice
- TASER International
- Police Department
Vice President of Communications
TASER International, Inc.
Media ONLY Hotline: (480) 444-4000