REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 21, 2013) - Oracle (
- Oracle Communications announced that SaskTel, Cablevision Mexico and Turkcell Superonline received Oracle Communications Innovation Awards today at the annual Oracle Communications Customer Advisory Board (CAB) meeting in Redwood Shores, Calif.
- Oracle Communications presents Innovation Awards to organizations in the communications industry that use its products and solutions for projects that:
- Result in measurable business process improvement
- Introduce innovative products and services
- Deliver an improved customer experience
- Impact the bottom line
- SaskTel was founded in 1908 as the first major telephone system in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan and is now a leading full-service communications provider for the province. The company offers voice, data, Internet, entertainment, security monitoring, messaging, cellular, wireless data and directory services.
- The company wanted to improve its customers' experience, while simplifying business processes and managing growing competition from traditional and non-traditional competitors. To meet these goals, SaskTel needed to eliminate silos in its complex legacy order capture systems, which prevented it from delivering consistent customer service.
- SaskTel implemented Oracle's Siebel Customer Relationship Management, Oracle Communications Order and Service Management, Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, Oracle RightNow and Oracle Solaris to replace its legacy system and help simplify and transform its customer experience operations.
- The company increased order handling volumes and reduced service errors by implementing a single touch order capture process -- which includes detailed upfront credit checks, workforce management and enhanced supply chain management -- enabling a superior customer experience and providing the sales team with greater cross- and up-sell opportunities.
Cablevision Mexico Details
- Founded in 1966, Cablevision Mexico is one of the largest providers of telecommunications services -- including cable television, Internet and IP telephony -- in Mexico.
- Cablevision Mexico wanted to create a fully integrated technology platform that would enable customers to access a number of sales- and billing-related services online, on demand -- including placing orders, updating personal information, scheduling technician visits and coordinating payment options -- with limited need for human interaction.
- Cablevision Mexico implemented Siebel Customer Relationship Management, Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, Oracle Communications ASAP and Oracle WebCenter Portal built on Oracle Database 11g, SPARC Enterprise M9000 server for its production environment and SPARC T4 servers for its development and test environments to help create a fully integrated online platform for new and current customers.
- Cablevision Mexico is the first Latin American company to provide an online infrastructure system for customers. Its new platform allows for immediate access to customers' fixed and mobile services and gives the operator and end-user a 360-degree view of the customer profile -- including services purchased and data used -- enabling the customer to perform self-care functions and the operator to more easily up- and cross-sell service.
- The online infrastructure has also dramatically reduced time required for sales processes, cutting the time to acquire a new customer from about four days to less than ten minutes.
Turkcell Superonline Details
- Founded in 2004, Turkcell Superonline is an innovative Turkish telecommunications operator dedicated to continuing fiber optic infrastructure investments without decrease in service speed, and is the only local operator to offer households Internet connection at speeds of up to 1,000 Mbps. The company also offers corporate and individual customers voice, data, broadband Internet access, wholesale voice traffic, transmission, datacenter, cloud computing and other value added services.
- The company wanted to lay the foundation for success in the high speed data access market by creating service offerings compatible with various access technologies, reducing offer design and fulfillment times and working to improve the overall customer experience, while also implementing its own fiber broadband network.
- Turkcell Superonline leveraged Oracle Communications Order and Service Management, Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management, Oracle Communications ASAP and Oracle E-Business Suite to roll out fiber services to homes and buildings across 12 cities in Turkey.
- Oracle's solutions have delivered the functionality necessary for Turkcell Superonline to decouple product offerings from underlying access technologies. The company expects to reduce its offer rollout time by 75 percent through reusable configurations that are not dependent on network technologies and to decrease its fallout rates 70 percent.
- "This year's winners have excelled in their ability to use new and innovative strategies to meet customer needs with the implementation of Oracle Communications solutions, while demonstrating outstanding leadership. We want to congratulate SaskTel, Cablevision Mexico and Turkcell Superonline on their outstanding achievements," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Innovation Awards
- Oracle Communications Customer Advisory Board
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Technology & Electronics