Today, Schibsted Media Group released its Q3 2013 report, showing operating revenues of NOK 3.65 billion. The underlying revenues growth was 2 percent. The Online classifieds segements increased underlying revenues with 13 percent, 17 percent excluding Spain. The gross operating profit (EBITDA) was NOK 437 million (518 million). Excluding Online classifieds Investment phase, the EBITDA was NOK 672 million, 4 percent higher than in the same period in 2012.
- In the third quarter 2013 we have further developed our positions both in the online classifieds and in the media houses. We are satisfied with presenting a good quarter , where our operating profit (EBITDA), excluding increased investments in online classifieds New ventures, increased by 4 percent to NOK 672 million, CEO Rolv Erik Ryssdal says.
- We have achieved good growth in the key established online classifieds operations in Norway, Sweden and France during the third quarter, where we are strengthening our platform for future growth by developing new services and verticals. We are also seeing promising developments in other established operations like for instance in Italy, Austria and Ireland. In Spain, we see some early positive results of the recent refocus towards market share and traffic growth, Rolv Erik Ryssdal says.
- At the same time, we continue our significant investments in rolling out our proven online classifieds concepts in new markets. We are now implementing the new joint venture setup, where Telenor takes the role as an equal partner in selected markets in South America and Asia. Bringing Telenor in will give us even more operational and financial strength to pursue attractive number one positions, Rolv Erik Ryssdal says.
- In our media houses we see more and more clearly the results of our long term focus on digital development. Both mobile and web TV are growing very fast in terms of reach and revenues. New concepts have been launched successfully, for instance Aftonbladets "Brottcentralen" and VGTV`s new series. The digital advertising revenues increased by 18 percent in the media houses in the third quarter. For VG and Aftonbladet, digital now counts for close to two thirds of the total advertising revenues. These are encouraging signs for us in the midst of a rapid digital transition of our business, CEO Rolv Erik Ryssdal says.
Highlights of Q3 2013
(Figures in brackets refer to the corresponding period in 2012. Underlying figures are adjusted for currency effects and acquisitions and divestments.)
- Underlying group operating revenues increased 2 percent compared to Q3 2012, with underlying online classifieds revenue up 13 percent. Excluding Spain, the growth was 17%.
- EBITDA of NOK 437 million (518 million), and NOK 672 million (644 million) excluding investments in New Ventures in online classifieds
- Online classifieds EBITDA margin of 24 percent. 47 percent (48%) excluding investments in New Ventures
- Continued growth and high margins in Norway, Sweden and France
- Good revenue growth for other established sites, margins being held back by continued investments to strengthen market positions
- Sharpened focus on volume and traffic growth hampers growth and profitability in Spain going forward
- Strong growth in key performance indicators like number of new ads in the investment phase sites, including Brazil
- New ventures in emerging markets strengthened through new joint venture with Telenor
- Online growth and cost reductions mitigate margin decline in Scandinavian media houses
- Online advertising growth of 18 percent in the media houses. Mobile and web TV are key drivers
- Continued decline for print advertising and circulation
- Digital transition and cost efficiency programs progress as planned
|Q3||Q3||As of Q3||FY|
|518||437||Gross operating profit (EBITDA)||1,266||1,542||2,043|
|15 %||12 %||EBITDA margin||11 %||14 %||14 %|
|644||672||Gross operating profit (EBITDA) ex. Investment phase||1,986||1,960||2,573|
|18 %||19 %||EBITDA margin ex. Investment phase||18 %||18 %||18 %|
|338||33||Profit (loss) before taxes||515||1,044||620|
|2.00||1.26||Adjusted Earnings per share (EPS)||3.46||5.82||8.18|
Schibsted invites to an analyst and press conference at Apotekergaten 10, Oslo, 30 October 2013 at 09:00 CET. The presentation will be transmitted live as a video webcast on www.schibsted.com/ir.
A conference call with Q&A linked to the Q3 2013 results will take place 30 October 2013 at 14:00 CET. Please dial in at the following numbers:
International: +44(0)20 3427 1902
From Norway: 800 56054
Conference code: 9933039
Trond Berger, CFO. Tel: +47 916 86 695
Jo Christian Steigedal, VP Investor Relations. Tel: +47 415 08 733
Oslo, 30 October 2013
Jo Christian Steigedal
VP Investor Relations
This information is subject of the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act. Financials and analytical info Q3 2013
3rd Quarter 2013
Presentation of 3rd Quarter 2013
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of Thomson Reuters clients.
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the
information contained therein.
Source: Schibsted via Thomson Reuters ONE
- Company Earnings