RESTON, VA--(Marketwire - Jan 22, 2013) - Skyscape Cloud Services, "the easy to adopt, easy to use, and easy to leave" Assured Cloud Services Company, has selected and deployed the ScienceLogic™ Inc. IT infrastructure management platform to optimize IT operations and rapidly automate processes in their large-scale, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings. Skyscape is a supplier to the UK government through the G-Cloud Framework initiative, helping deliver a highly-scalable, secure community cloud for the provision of public services. The innovative service provider is using the robust ScienceLogic platform to simplify the complexities of providing mission-critical cloud services to multiple government organizations including GOV.UK and the Ministry of Defence.
"We needed to take a more proactive, cost-effective approach to managing our government customer IT cloud resources," said Peter Rossi, Head of Orchestration & Automation at Skyscape. "The ScienceLogic platform enables us to quickly respond to any changes in our computing environments and shows us the availability, health and risk of our applications and services. Having a single, customized view against all of the converged compute technologies to see what is occurring so we can proactively manage against our SLAs was an important factor in our selection of ScienceLogic. In addition, the ScienceLogic solution was easy to set-up and use, and will continue to drive our operational efficiencies. "
Skyscape had several core requirements for an IT management system:
- Automation and Integration: Skyscape needed key tasks automated to optimize efficiencies. In addition, the ScienceLogic system needed to automatically integrate with other solutions, including VCE Vblocks, which makes up the Skyscape platform.
- Growth and Scalability: As a leading cloud platform for the UK government, Skyscape anticipates explosive growth over the next 12-18 months, with plans to quadruple in size during that time. Skyscape requires a platform that can easily scale with their business while maintaining low overhead, deploying quickly and staying nimble.
- Customization: Skyscape also required a solution that is extensible beyond the out-of-the-box capabilities ScienceLogic provides. Custom scripting to fit Skyscape's unique needs was a must.
ScienceLogic Smart IT software integrates the core IT infrastructure management functions needed to run today's complex, distributed computing infrastructures -- including systems, performance, network, service, event, and asset management capabilities, as well as multi-tenancy, run book automation, and service desk -- all in one product with one unified code base, user interface and centralized data repository.
"Skyscape can now efficiently prepare for future capacity as the UK government transitions more and more of its IT infrastructure to the G-Cloud initiative," said David Link, co-founder and chairman at ScienceLogic. "ScienceLogic is committed to helping customers get to the next level of smart IT management by providing visibility and smarter control over the entire complex IT infrastructure."
Skyscape will present with ScienceLogic at Cloud Expo Europe in London on January 29th from 14:00 to 14:30. Rossi and Antonio Piraino, CTO of ScienceLogic, will discuss a modern approach to cloud operations and how to enable smarter IT practices. The two will illustrate practical evidence of how Skyscape not only matched the cloud requirements of the UK government but exceeded expectations by implementing the latest best-of-breed technologies and processes.
- ScienceLogic Platform: http://www.sciencelogic.com/product
- ScienceLogic Storage Management: http://www.sciencelogic.com/product/technologies/storage
- Read the ScienceLogic Blog: http://blog.sciencelogic.com/
- Follow ScienceLogic on Twitter: @ScienceLogic
- Like ScienceLogic on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ScienceLogic
- Request a ScienceLogic Demo: http://www.sciencelogic.com/demo
ScienceLogic is the award-winning developer of Smart IT™ software. Our mission is to empower companies to visualize, automate, and modernize their IT operations, maximizing efficiency and effectiveness with the operational intelligence needed to run the business smarter. We provide unified monitoring and management solutions for modern IT environments -- from the data center to public, private, and hybrid clouds -- and deliver the scale, security, automation, and resiliency necessary to simplify the exponentially harder task of managing resources, services, and applications that are constantly in motion.
ScienceLogic is a selected Network Management Module in the Cisco Smart Business Architecture; Registered Developer in the Cisco Developer Network Program; certified by VCE as Vblock Ready; certified as VMware Ready and a VMware Elite Technology Alliance Partner; Dell Independent Software Vendor partner; NetApp Platinum Elite Partner. ScienceLogic won InfoWorld's 2013 Technology of the Year award, Red Herring Global 100 Award, Red Herring Top 100 North America Award, Deloitte's 2012 Technology Fast 500™, and MSPmentor 250 among others. For more information, visit www.sciencelogic.com.
ScienceLogic is a trademark of ScienceLogic Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other company, product and service marks may be trademarks or service marks of others.
- Technology & Electronics
Lauren Grassetti / Amy Robinson
E: Email Contact