NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Feb 21, 2013) - Seamless (www.seamless.com/business), the leading service for ordering delivery and takeout from more than 12,000 restaurants in the U.S. and U.K., today released findings from a recent survey evaluating the importance of food and perks on employee happiness, office mentality and productivity, client relationships and recruitment.
The nationwide survey polled nearly 1,100 full-time professionals working for companies with 20 or more employees, across more than a dozen different industries. Findings reveal that the presence of food can play an important role in motivating employees to spend more time in the office, work more effectively while there and generally view their workplace more positively. The survey also revealed the importance of food as a means for building and fostering relationships with clients.
"It is extremely apparent that employees place a great deal of value on and are directly motivated by the perks their employer offers. With the average employee working more than 40 hours a week, it is vital for companies to strategically invest in creating an environment that empowers, motivates and enriches employees' work experiences -- and the easiest and most fulfilling (literally) of those is food," said Nick Worswick, Vice President and General Manager, Corporate at Seamless. "Food remains a relatively untapped perk that companies can use to measurably improve employee retention and happiness and show their appreciation, while separating themselves from competitors. Free food all the time is unrealistic for most companies, but the occasional pizza party or afternoon treat goes a long way."
- Employee Satisfaction: While a majority (60 percent) of employees said they were satisfied with their current employment situation, 69 percent felt that more perks -- including gym memberships (40 percent), stock options (22 percent) and food perks (20 percent) -- would have a direct positive impact on their job satisfaction.
- Recruiting Advantage: Nearly half of the respondents noted that the availability of free lunch would strongly influence their decision to accept a job offer.
- A Pat on the Back: Sixty percent reported that having more food at the office would make them feel more valued and appreciated by their employer.
- Team Building: More than 60 percent of respondents agreed that company-provided lunches would encourage them to eat with their colleagues, fostering more internal collaboration.
- Motivation and Productivity: One-third of the employees surveyed divulged that it takes food to make them show up to optional meetings -- and another 20 percent admitted to making their decision after knowing what's on the menu.
- Client Camaraderie: Forty-three percent of employees said sharing food or a meal with clients helps foster a better working relationship. Food also tops the list in terms of the best client gifts, with 41 percent noting that food is the very best option for corporate gifts.
- Time to Spare: More than half of employees said they would spend less time away from work if food were available. Half of the respondents (51 percent) reported spending more than 10 minutes per day picking up lunch or other food outside the office.
- Healthy Choices: More than half of employees also said having food perks in the workplace would help them eat healthier.
- Peace of Mind: Nearly half of respondents felt that more food perks in the workplace would make them more satisfied with their employer, in turn reducing 40 percent of respondents' personal stress.
For additional survey information please visit: http://www.seamless.com/business/fact-sheets/COR-WHT20130212FoodAtWorkSurvey2.pdf.
Seamless is the leading mobile and online service for ordering delivery and takeout food from more than 12,000 top restaurants in the U.S. and UK. Over the last three years, Seamless has facilitated more than $1 billion in orders for its more than two million users many of the world's largest companies across cities including New York, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Houston, Austin, Seattle, Portland, Miami, London and other major US cities. The company offers mobile applications for iPad®, iPhone®, Android™, and BlackBerry® and owns MenuPages®, the most comprehensive mobile and web provider of up-to-date menu content.
Seamless was recognized with various industry accolades in 2012 including Business Insider's Digital 100: The World's Most Valuable Private Tech Companies, Business Insider's App 100: The World's Greatest Apps, Huffington Post's Best Free iPhone Apps and Complex Magazine's 50 Best Apps of 2012. Seamless is an independent, privately held company. To learn more about Seamless, please visit www.seamless.com and follow Seamless on Facebook and Twitter.
- Employment & Career
Atomic PR for Seamless