AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwired - Sep 25, 2013) - SolarWinds (
"thwackCamp gives new IT management insight in a fun and entertaining way," said Kevin Small, Reliability Engineer for Regions Financial Corporation and thwackCamp 2012 attendee. "SolarWinds has a creative way of offering new perspective on the products I use every day, and I'm excited to have four days of educational sessions dedicated to topics that truly interest me."
Given the inaugural success of thwackCamp in October 2012, SolarWinds has extended the conference from one day to four and is hosting the event on thwack, enabling attendees to participate in the scheduled presentations or conveniently watch the sessions later if they have conflicting work responsibilities.
Each day will feature four or five presentations of 30 to 45 minutes between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. CDT. The IT industry and SolarWinds product experts will then participate in live Q&A with viewers. This new schedule allows IT pros to focus on a single day's specialized topic or to broaden their knowledge in other areas of IT management without conflicting sessions:
- Tuesday, October 8: Network Complexity
- Learn how to manage network traffic, performance and configuration, see a deep dive into SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM), and view demonstrations of how to install and integrate SolarWinds software
- Wednesday, October 9: Systems and Applications
- Discuss systems and applications management approaches including monitoring of servers, applications, and web performance, learn how to leverage the power of customer properties with Leon Adato, Monitoring Architect for Cardinal Health and SolarWinds user, and dive deep into SolarWinds Patch Manager and the new SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor (SAM)'s database monitoring features
- Thursday, October 10: Security and Compliance, Virtualization, and Storage
- Learn network security strategies, focusing on Federal compliance needs and security information and event management (SIEM), take a deep dive into SolarWinds Log & Event Manager, learn about SolarWinds Virtualization Manager's integration with SolarWinds SAM and SolarWinds NPM, and discuss SolarWinds Storage Manager deployment and secure file sharing
- Friday, October 11: Mobile IT and Tools
- Discuss resources and tools for remote IT management, learn best practices for optimizing IT alert management and help desk management, and get familiar with the SolarWinds API
"SolarWinds has always taken a unique approach to connecting with IT pros and regularly engaging with our customers, and thwackCamp is no exception," said Michael Torok, thwack community director. "We listened to our customers' requests for a SolarWinds conference, and we focused on how to create the most effective and informative discussions among IT pros while keeping it fun, accessible, and free for the attendees."
The inaugural thwackCamp in October 2012 saw over 800 registered attendees and led to over 1,500 unique views of the session recordings since the camp, supporting thwack's reasoning for hosting the event virtually by making it easier for IT pros to participate and educate themselves according to their own schedules.
thwack provides education and engagement for over 130,000* IT pros, providing forums to ask questions directly to SolarWinds product experts, talk about IT management trends, request features, and share fun, geeky content. thwack has constantly evolved to offer new support and engagement for users, and has had a 100-percent increase in engaged users over the past two years.
- Ideation: Users can request new features to SolarWinds products. In fact, 87 features have been added to SolarWinds products with over 12,000 votes on nearly 1,700 unique ideas.
- Geek Speak: thwack's blog features posts about IT trends and new product features and was named this month as one of the "50 Must-Read IT Blogs 2013" by BizTech Magazine.
- Monthly Missions: Each month, anywhere from 50 to 300 thwack users participate in missions to gain deeper knowledge into SolarWinds products, earning chances to win prizes.
- Points & thwack Store: thwack members earn points for posting, commenting, sharing, or otherwise getting involved in the community. They can then use their points to earn fun SolarWinds gear from the thwack store -- there are over 20 products to choose from.
*Member count is based on the number of unique email addresses in the thwack user database.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com and thwack are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- Information Technology
- Technology & Electronics