- Top Ranked Precious Metals Funds Zacks - 37 minutes ago
Investors often seek solace in precious metals instruments during a downturn. These investments are considered to be a natural hedge against a rapidly declining currency.
- DuPont Highlights New Kevlar Tech at DSA Zacks - 52 minutes ago
DuPont will also demonstrate its ability in expanding its range of protective solutions for the military, police and security market.
- Albemarle Enters into Definitive Agreement to Sell Antioxidant, Ibuprofen and Propofol Businesses to … Benzinga - 1 hour 38 minutes ago
Albemarle Corporation (NYSE: ALB ), a leading manufacturer of highly-engineered specialty chemicals, announced today that it has signed a definitive agreement to sell certain assets to SI Group, a leading ...
- Kinross Gold: The Disappearing Reserves @ Seeking Alpha - 1 hour 42 minutes ago
At the end of 2013, Kinross Gold Corporation ( KGC ) implemented a new costing methodology for reserve estimate. Then, in its last presentation, the company has tried to prove that this decision, at first ...
- Why ConocoPhillips (COP) Stock Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
ConocoPhillips (COP) stock is up today following a price target increase to $85 from $80 by Oppenheimer.
- Oil flat near $104 despite huge stock build Associated Press - 2 hours 34 minutes ago
Oil rose one penny Wednesday as worries about upheaval in Ukraine canceled out a huge increase in U.S. oil supplies. Benchmark U.S. crude for May delivery closed at $103.76 a barrel in New York. Brent ...
- Brazil's Vale says China pessimism not justified -CEO Reuters - 2 hours 40 minutes ago
* Vale CEO says China posting record steel production * China may produce 850 mln tonnes of steel in 2014, CEO says * Ferreira says Guinea has not informed Vale of mine rights loss (Adds quotes, details) BRASILIA, April 16 (Reuters) - Vale SA is not concerned about an economic slowdown in China, the mining company's …
- Pioneer Natural Divests Alaska Unit Zacks - 2 hours 42 minutes ago
Pioneer Natural Resources Company announced the divestment of its Alaska subsidiary to Caelus Energy Alaska LLC for cash proceeds of $300 million.
- ArcelorMittal Is Likely To Recover Soon @ Seeking Alpha - 2 hours 45 minutes ago
The stock of the world's largest steel producer, ArcelorMittal SA ADR ( MT ), was recently downgraded from outperform to neutral by Credit Suisse. The firm also lowered the stock's price target from $20 ...
- Gold up after Yellen speech; China data lift copper @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Gold futures settle with a gain as traders assess a speech from Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen, while copper prices climb following data showing China’s economy slowed less than feared.
- Schlumberger Earnings Preview: Watching The North American Business @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
We expect the company's earnings to improve on a year-over-year basis, driven by higher exploration and production activity in regions such as Africa, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the U.S. Gulf of Mexico.
- Springtime for Putin Zacks - 3 hours ago
Repressive despots may not find it so easy to impose their will on peaceful neighbors going forward.
- Midday Glance: Silver companies Associated Press - 4 hours ago
Shares of some top silver companies are down at 1 p.m.: Hecla Mining Co. fell $.03 or 1.0 percent, to $3.14. Pan American Silver Corp. fell $.14 or 1.1 percent, to $13.12. Silver Standard Resources Inc. ...
- BHP Billiton's Production Up 10% Y/Y Zacks - 4 hours ago
BHP Billiton reports improved year-over-year production data for the nine months ended Mar 2014.
- W.Va. average per-gallon gas price up 5 cent Associated Press - 4 hours ago
Gas prices in West Virginia went up a nickel a gallon since last week. AAA East Central reports that the average price for a gallon of regular unleaded is $3.66 this week. That's 2 cents cheaper than the ...
- Updated Research Report on Monsanto Zacks - 4 hours ago
On Apr 15, 2014, we issued an updated research report on Monsanto.
- 3 Energy Stocks Moving The Industry Upward @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
TheStreet highlights 3 stocks pushing the energy industry higher today.
- Graham Value Stock Portfolio Update: April 2014 @ Seeking Alpha - 5 hours ago
In January 2012 I announced a new portfolio, a Benjamin Graham "inspired" value stock portfolio. The purpose of the hypothetical portfolio is to track returns for a portfolio of 15 stocks selected ...
- Why Yamana Gold (AUY) Stock Is Falling Today @ TheStreet.com - 5 hours ago
Yamana Gold (AUY) stock is falling Wednesday following the announcement that it will jointly acquire Osisko Mining (OSK) with Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM) for C$3.9 billion.
- Agnico Eagle (AEM) Slips on Osisko Acquisition News @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM) is sliding on Wednesday after announcing it has agreed to acquire Osisko Mining in partnership with Yamana Gold (AUY).
- Maine heating oil prices down Associated Press - 6 hours ago
A government survey says the average price of Maine heating oil has dropped 3 cents to $3.64 per gallon. In its weekly survey, the Governor's Energy Office said Wednesday the average statewide price for ...
- Jim Cramer's Stop Trading: EOG PXD NBL SLB CLB YELP @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Nobel Energy and EOG are among the oil stocks Cramer says held up during the recent selloff while Yelp is a buy, buy, buy.
- Sharp Rise in Crude Oil Inventories Unlikely to Lower Gasoline Prices 24/7 Wall St. - 6 hours ago
The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) released its weekly petroleum status report Wednesday morning. U.S. commercial crude inventories increased by 10 million barrels last week, maintaining ...
- Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM) Showing Signs Of Being Water-Logged And Getting Wetter @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM) as a "water-logged and getting wetter" (weak stocks crossing below support with today's range greater than 200%) candidate
- Canada Stocks Climb as Gold, Oil Rally on Ukraine Tension @ Bloomberg - 7 hours ago
Canadian stocks rose for a third day as commodity producers rallied on a jump in gold and crude prices amid concern the crisis in Ukraine is escalating. Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. (CNQ) and Calfrac ...
- [video] Cramer's Stop Trading: Domestic oil plays @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
CNBC's Jim Cramer explains why he is watching shares of EOG Resources, Pioneer Natural, Noble Energy, Schlumberger and Core Labs. And Cramer shares his thoughts on why investors may want to own Yelp now....
- Hedge Funds Are Buying These 5 Energy Stocks -- Should You? @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Energy stocks have quietly been building strength in 2014.
- Indonesian Government Relaxes Its Stance In Tax Dispute With Freeport And Newmont @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
The deputy finance minister had said last month that a deal with the two companies has already been reached and shipments are expected to resume by end of April. However, we think that a lot of things are yet to be resolved and it will take further negotiations to arrive at a mutually agreeable solution.
- Oil nears $105 as conflict in east Ukraine deepens Associated Press - 9 hours ago
The price of oil approached $105 a barrel Wednesday as concerns grew over the crisis in Ukraine, which took military action against separatists in its east. Gains were temporarily tempered by slower Chinese ...
- Adept Technology (ADEP) in Focus: Stock Plunges 8.9% Zacks - 10 hours ago
Adept Technology saw a big move last session on pretty good volume with far more shares changing hands than in a normal session; shares fell nearly 9% on the day.
- Gas Prices Rise Again, Move Closer to $4 @ 24/7 Wall St. - 11 hours ago
In what has become almost a daily pattern, gasoline prices have risen again, reaching $3.653 as the average price for a gallon of regular nationwide. The comparable price for premium reached $3.993. In ...
- Harold Hamm: The Billionaire Oilman Fueling America's Recovery @ Forbes - 11 hours ago
Harold Hamm has transformed the U.S. oil industry like no one since John D. Rockefeller, while helping to keep domestic prices low--and making himself a $16.9 billion fortune. The great domestic energy boom, he says, is just beginning.
- [$$] Iron-Ore Miners Still Betting on China @ The Wall Street Journal - 12 hours ago
Some of the world's biggest iron-ore miners are continuing to add supply to the global market despite an economic slowdown in key market China and recent price weakness.
- Oil price gain tempered by China growth slowdown Associated Press - 13 hours ago
The price of oil rose Wednesday as Ukraine took action against pro-Russian separatists in its east but slower Chinese growth tempered gains. Benchmark U.S. crude for May delivery was up 16 cents at $103.91 ...
- Asian shares up on China relief Reuters - 14 hours ago
Asian share markets made broad gains on Wednesday after China reported economic growth a touch above forecasts, a relief for investors who had feared a much weaker outcome. China's economy grew 7.4 percent in the first quarter, from a year earlier, pipping forecasts of 7.3 percent. Other data for March were mixed with …
- BHP and Australian rivals raise iron ore targets as competition grows Reuters - 16 hours ago
* BHP lifts full-year iron ore guidance by 5 million tonnes * March quarter iron ore output up 1 pct vs Dec quarter (Adds price forecasts, Fortescue CEO quotes, link to tables) SYDNEY, April 16 (Reuters) - Australian miners are racing ahead with plans to expand iron ore production to capture more of the Chinese market …
- [$$] Schwab Feasts as Investors Devour Stocks @ The Wall Street Journal - 17 hours ago
Charles Schwab's first-quarter profit rose 58% as a resurgence in investor trading activity helped the discount brokerage report the highest volume of daily average trades on record.
- Brazil’s Star, Petrobras, Is Hobbled by Scandal and Stagnation @ The New York Times - 19 hours ago
Petrobras has recently come to symbolize disarray in Brazil’s sluggish economy and the reassessment of growth prospects in emerging markets.
- Fortescue Quarterly Iron Ore Shipments Miss Analyst Estimates @ Bloomberg - 19 hours ago
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. (FMG) , Australia’s third-biggest iron ore producer, reported third-quarter shipments rose 59 percent, missing analysts estimates, after the completion of an expansion. That was lower than the median estimate of 32 million tons from three analysts surveyed by Bloomberg. Australia’s biggest …
- BHP Billiton lifts annual iron ore production guidance Reuters - 21 hours ago
* BHP lifts full-year iron ore guidance by 5 million tonnes * March quarter iron ore output up 1 pct vs Dec quarter (Adds detail on iron ore, copper, oil, copper, quote) SYDNEY, April 16 (Reuters) - BHP Billiton is lifting its iron ore production this year to capture more of the Chinese market for the steelmaking ingredient, …
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited Reuters - 22 hours ago
KRAMATORSK/SLAVIANSK, Ukraine, April 15 (Reuters) - U krainian forces launched a "special operation" on Tuesday against separatist militia in the Russian-speaking East, authorities said, although aside from a landing by airborne troops the action was limited. In Kiev, acting President Oleksander Turchinov declared a much-needed …
- Final Glance: Gold companies Associated Press - 23 hours ago
Shares of some top gold companies were down at the close of trading: Barrick Gold Corp. fell $.29 or 1.5 percent, to $18.54. Gold Fields fell $.05 or 1.2 percent, to $4.03. GoldCorp. fell $.54 or 2.2 percent, ...
- Final Glance: Silver companies Associated Press - 23 hours ago
Shares of some top silver companies were down at the close of trading: Hecla Mining Co. fell $.05 or 1.6 percent, to $3.17. Pan American Silver Corp. fell $.07 or .5 percent, to $13.26. Silver Standard ...
- Ganancias mexicana Alfa se desploman 35 pct por desempeño unidad petroquímica Reuters - 23 hours ago
MONTERREY (Reuters) - El conglomerado mexicano Alfa, uno de los mayores del país, dijo el martes que su utilidad neta cayó un 35 por ciento interanual en el primer trimestre, afectada por el débil desempeño de su unidad petroquímica y pérdidas cambiarias. Alfa, que controla a la petroquímica Alpek, la productora de partes …
- Air Products, Enterprise Products Expand Tie-Up Zacks - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 4:55 PM EDT
Air Products and Chemicals Inc. has inked a deal with Enterprise Products Operating LLC, a fully-owned subsidiary of Enterprise Products Partners L.P.
- Five Star Stock Watch: Freeport-McMoran Benzinga - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 3:52 PM EDT
Copper has been trending lower for the last few years having hit a new low back in March. Gold has also been trending lower since hitting its high back in the summer of 2011. These trends have certainly ...
- Petrobras defends U.S. refinery; still calls deal 'bad' Reuters - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 3:45 PM EDT
* Pasadena, Texas refinery has resulted in $500 mln in write-offs * Petrobras shares on track to fall most in seven weeks * CEO Foster says Pasadena refinery profitable because of shale oil (Adds additional comment from Petrobras and details about refinery costs) At a day-long Brazilian Senate hearing, Chief Executive …
- Cal Dive Still Waiting For That Offshore Recovery @ Seeking Alpha - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 3:28 PM EDT
There are more than a couple of ways to make Cal Dive ( DVR ) look cheap. If you look at the book value of the company's vessels, it might be tempting to call the stock undervalued on the basis of its ...
- Oil ends back under $104 on Libya supply bets @ MarketWatch - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 3:21 PM EDT
Oil futures close lower on expectations that Libyan supply is poised to return to the market, concerns over global energy demand following some weak global economic data and bets for a rise in weekly U.S. ...
- When The Major Equity Market Bubble Crashes, Michael Berry Will Take Refuge In Gold Stocks @ Seeking Alpha - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 3:20 PM EDT
An overinflated equities market could be good news for metals and mining stocks. In this interview with The Gold Report, Morning Notes Publisher Michael Berry shares two scenarios that could follow an ...