- Gold M&A Pickup Boosts Prospects for Seabridge Project @ Bloomberg - 24 minutes ago
Seabridge Gold Inc. (SEA) says the prospect of finding a partner for its $5 billion gold-copper project in British Columbia, one the world’s largest, has improved as mining dealmaking activity revives. Seabridge intends to sell at least 51 percent of its Kerr-Sulphurets-Mitchell mine to a producer with the technical skills …
- MarkWest Energy (MWE) Hits 52-Week High on Growth Prospects Zacks - 34 minutes ago
Shares of MarkWest Energy Partners LP (MWE) hit a 52-week high of $76.84 on Aug 20, 2014. In fact, the natural gas processor and distributor has seen its stock price climb nearly 15% since the beginning ...
- Why Greenlight Capital adds new position in Civeo Market Realist - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Greenlight disclosed a new position in Civeo Corp. (CVEO). It accounted for 2.15% of the fund's 2Q14 portfolio. Civeo was spun out of Oil States International (or OIS) in May, 2014. It provides remote ...
- Falling Earnings Estimates Signal Weakness Ahead for K12, Inc. (LRN) Zacks - 2 hours 1 minute ago
K12, Inc. has seen negative earnings estimate revisions for the current quarter along with a significant decline in its share price for the past month
- Customer Growth’s Johnson, Bloomberg’s Dudley on Target (Audio) @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 31 minutes ago
Craig Johnson, president of Customer Growth Partners LLC, and Renee Dudley, consumer reporter for Bloomberg News, discuss Target Corp. (TGT), cutting its forecast for the year as slumping sales and a money-losing ...
- Delek Logistics (DKL) Worth Watching: Stock Gains 6% Zacks - 2 hours 42 minutes ago
Delek Logistics (DKL) was a big mover last session, with shares rising almost 6% on the day.
- Should Targa Resources Partners (NGLS) Be On Your Radar Now? Zacks - 2 hours 58 minutes ago
One company that looks well positioned for a solid gain, but has been overlooked by investors lately, is Targa Resources Partners, the stock of which company has actually seen rising estimates over the ...
- Gazprom says Ukraine's unpaid gas bill tops $5 billion Reuters - 3 hours ago
* Gazprom puts Ukraine's debt for gas supplies at $5.3 bln MOSCOW, Aug 21 (Reuters) - Russian natural gas exporter Gazprom said on Thursday that Ukraine's outstanding debt for gas supplies stood at $5.3 billion as of Aug. 1 and called on Kiev to ensure that gas continues to transit without disruption to Europe. "Gazprom …
- Bolsas europeas abren con leve baja, mineras caen Reuters - 3 hours ago
LONDRES (Reuters) - Las bolsas europeas abrieron el jueves con una leve baja, presionadas por el retroceso de las mineras tras unos datos manufactureros decepcionantes de China, el principal consumidor de metales en el mundo. El índice STOXX Europe 600 de materias primas bajaba un 0,8 por ciento, el principal descenso sectorial …
- Where will mortgage rates head next week? Bankrate.com - 4 hours ago
Will rates go up, down or remain unchanged? Intro Up 38% Down 8% Unchanged 54% Panel Prediction Up Down Unchanged 38% 8% 54% This week (Aug. 21-27), 38 percent of the panelists believe mortgage rates will ...
- Exxon vs Chevron: Battle of the Oil Dividend Behemoths @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
Find out how these stocks measure up against each other and the surprising direction the oil industry is headed.
- Oil hits 14-month low as bulls eye turnaround @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
The price of Brent crude hit a 14-month low on Thursday, but market analysts now believe that oil could find a floor and expect prices to stabilize.
- Steel firms extend falls on reports of royalty increases Reuters - 4 hours ago
- Ebola Virus Threat Spurs Sierra Leone Miner to Cut Ore Goal @ Bloomberg - 5 hours ago
London Mining Plc (LOND) cut its full-year target for iron-ore production on the risk to its operations in Sierra Leone from the spread of the deadly Ebola virus. The company’s shares slumped as much as 19 percent in London trading, the biggest drop in a more than a month. “We don’t think the high end of guidance is achievable,” …
- Carl Icahn Takes Stake in Hertz Calling Stock 'Undervalued' GuruFocus.com - 8 hours ago
Carl Icahn (Trades, Portfolio) purchased 38.8 million shares, representing an 8.48% stake, of Hertz Global Holdings Inc.
- Labor Day Weekend to See Most U.S. Drivers in Six Years @ Bloomberg - 10 hours ago
The most Americans in six years will travel by car over the Labor Day holiday weekend, and they’ll be paying the least for gasoline since 2010 as refineries produce ample amounts of the fuel, AAA predicts. ...
- [$$] Copper Prices Surge After Glencore Gives Bright Outlook @ The Wall Street Journal - 10 hours ago
Copper prices notched their biggest daily gain of the year on Wednesday, as optimistic comments from a major commodities trading house spurred investors to buy the metal ahead of key manufacturing data ...
- [$$] Highflying Palladium May Be Headed for a Fall @ The Wall Street Journal - 10 hours ago
Palladium is punching above its weight, but it may be in line for a reality check. With stocks plentiful and some geopolitical tensions easing, analysts believe prices may be in for a tumble.
- [$$] Monsanto Expects 2014 U.S. Approval for New Soybean Seeds @ The Wall Street Journal - 10 hours ago
Monsanto expects to begin selling new soybean seeds resistant to a broader range of herbicides in 2016 and is on track for U.S. regulatory approval toward the end of the year, executives said.
- EM ASIA FX-Yuan, baht, ringgit, rupiah fall Reuters - 12 hours ago
Aug 21 (Reuters) - The following table shows rates for Asian currencies against the dollar at 0135 GMT. CURRENCIES VS U.S. DOLLAR Change on the day at 0135 GMT Currency Latest bid Previous day Pct Move ...
- Gold Heads for Longest Losing Streak Since June on Fed Minutes @ Bloomberg - 12 hours ago
Gold fell for a fifth day, poised for the longest slump since June, as minutes of the Federal Reserve ’s last meeting signaled that policy makers may increase borrowing costs earlier than expected. Gold for immediate delivery lost as much as 0.2 percent to $1,288.81 an ounce, and was at $1,289.87 at 9:36 a.m. in Singapore, …
- Vestolit y Dura-Line aportarán hasta 120 mln dlr a Ebitda de Mexichem: ejecutivos Reuters - 12 hours ago
MEXICO DF (Reuters) - El conglomerado químico industrial mexicano Mexichem dijo el miércoles que las compras de la firma alemana de PVC Vestolit y del fabricante de tuberías estadounidense Dura-Line podrían sumar entre 110 y 120 millones de dólares a su EBITDA 12 meses después del cierre de las operaciones. Mexichem anunció …
- Producción colombiana de carbón crece 14 pct en primer semestre Reuters - 12 hours ago
BOGOTÁ (Reuters) - La producción colombiana de carbón creció un 14 por ciento interanual en el primer semestre, a 47,3 millones de toneladas, por una normalización de las actividades de extracción del mineral en comparación con el mismo periodo del 2013, informó el miércoles el Gobierno. En el primer semestre del 2013 la …
- DIARY-Malaysia 2014 corporate earnings Reuters - 13 hours ago
Following is a list of release dates for the quarterly earnings of some top Malaysia-listed companies. All dates are confirmed except those marked by a "T", which means it will be released around ...
- Israeli Gas to Reach Global Market Via Pipelines to Egypt @ Bloomberg - 15 hours ago
In the midst of some of the worst Middle East tensions in a decade, one-time enemies Egypt and Israel are negotiating deals that may mean the sale of $60 billion in Israeli natural gas to liquefaction plants in Egypt. The talks come as the terrorist group Hamas continues to lob missiles at Israel, despite Egypt’s continuing …
- American Eagle Outfitters' Investor's Business Daily - 15 hours ago
American Eagle Outfitters' (AEO) shares popped as it bested break-even Q2 EPS views, which sank 70% to 3 cents. Sales fell 2.3% to $710.6 mil, beating views for $689.9 mil. Shares jumped 12%.
- Netanyahu Vows to Kill Hamas Leaders as Rockets Fall @ Bloomberg - 15 hours ago
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israeli forces will keep hunting down leaders of Hamas in the Gaza Strip after killing the wife and child of the group’s militia chief in an air raid. “The commanders of terror organizations are a legitimate target,” Netanyahu said last night at a Tel Aviv news conference. The prime …
- [$$] BHP Billiton's Spin Comes With Buy-Back Sting for Miner @ The Wall Street Journal - 15 hours ago
BHP Billiton's shares fell when it said it would spin off a collection of non-core assets. The move makes sense but included other elements that rattled investors.
- [$$] BHP to Spin Off Nickel, Aluminum Assets in $12 Billion Firm @ The Wall Street Journal - 15 hours ago
BHP said it would split off nickel, aluminum and other properties into a new company that could be valued at up to $12 billion, in what would be one of the biggest asset sales in mining history.
- Final Glance: Silver companies Associated Press - 16 hours ago
Shares of some top silver companies were mixed at the close of trading: Hecla Mining Co. fell $.02 or .6 percent, to $3.29. Pan American Silver Corp. rose $.14 or 1.0 percent, to $14.38. Silver Standard ...
- Final Glance: Oil companies Associated Press - 16 hours ago
Shares of some top oil companies were mixed at the close of trading: BP PLC fell $.11 or .2 percent, to $48.19. Chevron fell $.14 or .1 percent, to $127.49. ConocoPhillips rose $.59 or .7 percent, to $80.50. ...
- Final Glance: Gold companies Associated Press - 16 hours ago
Shares of some top gold companies were mixed at the close of trading: Barrick Gold Corp. fell $.11 or .6 percent, to $18.72. Gold Fields rose $.12 or 2.9 percent, to $4.23. GoldCorp. fell $.02 or .1 percent, ...
- Final Glance: Chemicals companies Associated Press - 16 hours ago
Shares of some top chemicals companies were mixed at the close of trading: Dow Chemical Co. rose $.22 or .4 percent, to $53.30. DuPont Co. fell $.07 or .1 percent, to $66.22.
- Enterprise Products Partners Growth Projects Look Promising Zacks - 16 hours ago
On Aug 19, 2014, we issued an updated research report on Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD), a leading master limited partnership (MLP).
- FMC Tech Wins Contract for 5 Subsea Manifolds from Petrobras Zacks - 16 hours ago
FMC Technologies Inc. (FTI) declared that it has got an order from Brazilian energy giant Petrobras S.A. (PBR) to supply five subsea manifolds for the development of the latter's offshore pre-salt fields ...
- European Gas Reverses Biggest Drop Since 2009 on Ukraine Bloomberg - 17 hours ago
European natural gas prices are reversing their biggest slump in five years as concern mounts that tension between Russia and Ukraine will again disrupt flows to the region. Gas for next-month delivery in the U.K. rallied 17 percent over the past six weeks as Ukraine said it may ban OAO Gazprom, Europe's biggest supplier, …
- [video] Carl Icahn Buys Stake in Hertz: Will a Board Seat Follow? @ Bloomberg - 17 hours ago
Aug. 20 (Bloomberg) -- Activist Investor Carl Icahn took an 8.5 percent stake in Hertz Global Holdings, the billionaire said in a filing. Bloomberg’s Trish Regan reports on “Street Smart.” (Source: Bloomberg)...
- Icahn Takes 8.5% Stake in Hertz; May Seek Talks, Board Seat @ Bloomberg - 18 hours ago
Carl Icahn , the activist investor, took an 8.5 percent stake in Hertz Global Holdings Inc. (HTZ), the billionaire said in a filing. Icahn, 78, who became an activist investor after gaining fame as a corporate raider in the 1980s, has recently taken large stakes at companies including Apple Inc., Family Dollar Stores Inc., …
- Overcome Doubt and Learn to Trade with Confidence Zacks - 18 hours ago
How to take emotion out of your trading decisions and never second guess yourself.
- Public Data Reveal Secret Rail Movements of Crude Oil @ BusinessWeek - 18 hours ago
Oil that starts in North Dakota winds up in New York, Virginia, and California—but no one along the way is the wiser
- [video] Magnum Hunter's fracking plan @ CNBC - 18 hours ago
Magnum Hunter Resources CEO Gary Evans, shares his views on future oil and gas prices, and how his company plans to navigate fracking. Evans says recent market highs are being driven by cheap energy.
- U.S. Chemical Output Up in July: Recovery Remains on Track Zacks - 18 hours ago
U.S. chemical production notched up its seventh straight monthly gain in July on healthy manufacturing gains.
- Top Stocks From One of the Biggest Bulls @ Forbes - 18 hours ago
Another day of solid buying and the sharp increase in housing starts gave the homebuilding stocks a boost, which helped the overall market. The A/D lines for the NYSE Composite, S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, and the Dow Jones Industrials have now broken their downtrends. Maybe the Wall Street pros realized that too many of them …
- Oil futures rise on weekly supply drop @ MarketWatch - 19 hours ago
Crude-oil futures rose on the back of data that confirmed a weekly decline in U.S. stockpiles.
- Midday Glance: Silver companies Associated Press - 20 hours ago
Shares of some top silver companies are up at 1 p.m.: Hecla Mining Co. rose $.01 or .3 percent, to $3.32. Pan American Silver Corp. rose $.18 or 1.3 percent, to $14.42. Silver Standard Resources Inc. rose ...
- Midday Glance: Oil companies Associated Press - 20 hours ago
Shares of some top oil companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: BP PLC fell $.16 or .3 percent, to $48.14. Chevron fell $.55 or .4 percent, to $127.08. ConocoPhillips rose $.33 or .4 percent, to $80.24. Exxon Mobil ...
- Midday Glance: Chemicals companies Associated Press - 20 hours ago
Shares of some top chemicals companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: Dow Chemical Co. rose $.25 or .5 percent, to $53.33. DuPont Co. fell $.02 or percent, to $66.27.
- 3 Stocks Underperforming Today In The Chemicals Industry @ TheStreet.com - 20 hours ago
TheStreet highlights 3 stocks pushing the chemicals industry lower today.
- 3 Stocks Dragging In The Energy Industry @ TheStreet.com - 20 hours ago
TheStreet highlights 3 stocks pushing the energy industry lower today.
- 3 Stocks Moving The Energy Industry Upward @ TheStreet.com - 20 hours ago
TheStreet highlights 3 stocks pushing the energy industry higher today.