- How Capitalists Can Solve Big Problems @ The Wall Street Journal - 37 minutes ago
Joe Costello, CEO of Enlighted Inc., says we’ll see more companies like Tesla combining fierce competitiveness with sustainable innovation.
- Yen Drops, Aussie and NZ Dollars Rise on GPIF Asset Allocation Change DailyFX - 2 hours 18 minutes ago
Yen Drops, Aussie and NZ Dollars Rise on GPIF Asset Allocation Change
- AUD/USD Awaiting Break From Range For A Clearer Directional Bias DailyFX - 6 hours ago
AUD/USD Awaiting Break From Range For A Clearer Directional Bias
- EUR/GBP Technical Analysis: Rebound Rejected Above 0.80 DailyFX - 6 hours ago
EUR/GBP Technical Analysis: Rebound Rejected Above 0.80
- USD/CAD Technical Analysis: A Top in Place Below 1.14? DailyFX - 6 hours ago
USD/CAD Technical Analysis: A Top in Place Below 1.14?
- EUR/JPY Technical Analysis: Channel Top Under Pressure DailyFX - 7 hours ago
EUR/JPY Technical Analysis: Channel Top Under Pressure
- GBP/JPY Technical Analysis: Resistance Sub-173.00 in Focus DailyFX - 7 hours ago
GBP/JPY Technical Analysis: Resistance Sub-173.00 in Focus
- An Aggressive Retirement Saver Portfolio @ Morningstar - 18 hours ago
We employ actively managed mutual funds and a stock-heavy portfolio mix.
- Catching A Lift On The Penny Express @ Investopedia - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
The popularity of the penny stock market has grown, but are these stocks a safe bet?
- [$$] GE’s Results Improve on Strength at Industrial Segment @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 12:09 AM EDT
General Electric is clocking higher industrial profits, and it has a recovering U.S. market to thank.
- [$$] A Rocky Week Ends With a Rebound @ Barrons.com - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 12:01 AM EDT
The Standard & Poor’s 500 index fell to 1,820.66, or down 9.5% intraday from the all-time closing high of 2011.36, before closing on Wednesday down 7.4% from highs. The potential spread of Ebola and fear of slowing global economic growth continue to dominate a long laundry list of investor concerns. Prior to Friday’s …
- Weekly Trading Forecast: Complacency Cracks, Is this the Long-Await Reversal? DailyFX - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 10:09 PM EDT
Weekly Trading Forecast: Complacency Cracks, Is this the Long-Await Reversal?
- GE profit rises on oil, aviation strength @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 7:08 PM EDT
General Electric Co. posted strong third-quarter results, issued an upbeat forecast for the fourth quarter and said U.S. industrial activity is at its highest level since the financial crisis.
- Textron raises '14 outlook Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 6:42 PM EDT
The aircraft maker raised its full-year EPS guidance to $2.05-$2.15. Analysts are expecting $2.07. Q3 EPS surged 62.9% to 57 cents, topping by a nickel, while revenue grew 18.1% to $3.43 bil, missing views ...
- GE Industrials Heat Up On U.S. But Oil Prices Prompt Caution Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 6:23 PM EDT
General Electric's oil and gas unit and aviation division helped boost third-quarter earnings as U.S. industrial activity stayed strong, but the conglomerate said Friday that parts of Europe and Asia continue ...
- After market's sharp and scary decline, what now? @ CNBC - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 6:12 PM EDT
Investors may find themselves right back on the same Wall Street roller coaster in no time. Pros reveal their strategies for the week ahead.
- Final Glance: Tools and Appliances companies Associated Press - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 6:03 PM EDT
Shares of some top tools and appliances companies were up at the close of trading: General Electric Co. rose $.57 or 2.4 percent, to $24.82. Snap-On rose $.50 or .4 percent, to $122.35. Stanley Works rose ...
- Toshiba, United Technologies Extend Strategic Alliance Zacks - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 5:20 PM EDT
United Technologies (UTX) inked a deal with Toshiba to expand the global footprint of their joint venture - Toshiba Carrier Corp. The venture provides energy-efficient building equipment and maintenance ...
- How the Dow Jones industrial average did Friday Associated Press - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 5:08 PM EDT
The stock market had another turbulent session Friday, capping off one of the more eventful weeks on Wall Street in years. The Dow Jones industrial average soared more than 250 points following strong ...
- Wall St. gains one percent on results but S&P down for fourth week Reuters - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 5:02 PM EDT
The S&P 500's streak of weekly losses was its longest since August 2011, and the index still is off 6.2 percent from its Sept. 18 record high. The S&P 500 posted its biggest one-day percentage gain since Oct. 8 and some investors said the recent selloff may have run its course. The Dow Jones industrial average (.DJI) …
- Jim Cramer Gives His Take on Apple (AAPL), Other Companies Reporting Earnings Next Week @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 4:59 PM EDT
TheStreet's Jim Cramer previews the earnings reports next week, including Apple (AAPL).
- Aviation suppliers feast on industry backlogs, air travel growth Reuters - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 4:49 PM EDT
On Friday, General Electric Co reported a 16 percent profit rise for its aviation unit and a bulging order book of jet engines. Honeywell International's aerospace revenue beat some analysts' forecasts, while the division's profit margins improved. "The aerospace segment is the place to be in industrial," said Charlie …
- GE and Urban Outfitters are big market movers Associated Press - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 4:31 PM EDT
Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Friday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Stock Market: NYSE General Electric Co., up 57 cents to $24.82 The industrial conglomerate reported ...
- In latest big move, US stocks end sharply higher Associated Press - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 4:11 PM EDT
- Textron: Flying High @ Barrons.com - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 3:02 PM EDT
Textron (TXT) is flying after the maker of Cessna airplanes and Bell helicopters reported stronger-than-expected earnings that's also given a boost to other aircraft stocks including Spirit AeroSystem (SPR), Boeing (BA) and Embarer (ERJ). Textron reported an adjusted profit of 60 cents a share, easily topping forecasts …
- GE profit tops views as cost cuts drive margins; shares up Reuters - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 1:49 PM EDT
GE reported a 4 percent rise in organic revenue, which excludes acquisitions, at its industrial manufacturing businesses, where Chief Executive Officer Jeff Immelt is increasingly focusing the company. Reaching that high end "would be quite a pickup," said Tim Ghriskey, chief investment officer at Solaris Asset Management, …
- Middday Glance: Tools and Appliances companies Associated Press - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 1:21 PM EDT
Shares of some top tools and appliances companies are up at 1 p.m.: General Electric Co. rose $.77 or 3.2 percent, to $25.02. Snap-On rose $1.03 or .8 percent, to $122.88. Stanley Works rose $1.49 or 1.8 ...
- Midday movers: Aeropostale, Netflix, Textron & more @ CNBC - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 1:18 PM EDT
Take a look at some of Friday's midday movers:
- Textron Surges as Corporate Jet Market Revival Takes Hold @ Bloomberg - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 1:05 PM EDT
Textron Corp. (TXT) surged the most since December as rising demand for its Cessna jets signaled a revival for the luxury-aircraft market from a slump dating to 2008. Buyer interest in Cessna’s small and mid-sized business planes started increasing in September, and demand is poised to outpace the number of planes available …
- Stocks surge as Wall Street's wild week continues Associated Press - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 12:01 PM EDT
- Textron (TXT) Highlighted As Storm The Castle Stock @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 12:01 PM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Textron (TXT) as a "storm the castle" (crossing above the 200-day simple moving average on higher than normal relative volume) candidate
- [$$] Textron's Profit Jumps 61% @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 11:56 AM EDT
Textron said its third-quarter earnings rose 61% as revenue improved across nearly all its business segments and the aircraft maker continued to benefit from its acquisition of Beechcraft.
- General Electric (GE) Earnings Report: Q3 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 11:46 AM EDT
The following General Electric (GE) conference call took place on October 17, 2014, 08:30 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- GE sees strong US economy as profit rises Associated Press - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 11:35 AM EDT
- Why Textron (TXT) Stock Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 11:06 AM EDT
Textron (TXT) is gaining Friday after beating analysts' estimates for earnings in the third quarter.
- GE Q3 Operating Earnings Marginally Beat with Core Focus Zacks - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 10:40 AM EDT
Sustained focus on core industrial business enabled diversified conglomerate General Electric Company (GE) to report strong third-quarter 2014 results, with solid industrial segment profit growth and margin ...
- Early Glance: Tools and Appliances companies Associated Press - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 10:39 AM EDT
Shares of some top tools and appliances companies are mixed at 10 a.m.: General Electric Co. rose $.88 or 3.6 percent, to $25.13. Snap-On fell $.36 or .3 percent, to $121.50. Stanley Works rose $1.28 or ...
- Textron Beats Q3 Earnings Estimates, Lifts 2014 Outlook Zacks - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 10:35 AM EDT
Textron Inc. (TXT) reports a solid third quarter driven by acquisitions; lifts 2014 earnings estimates.
- Textron Raises 2014 Guidance Despite Sales Miss @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 10:19 AM EDT
Higher jet deliveries and the 2014 Beechcraft acquisition lifted Textron's (TXT) aviation segment revenue during the third quarter. The aircraft maker also raised its full-year earnings guidance to $2.05-$2.15 ...
- Why General Electric (GE) Stock Is Rising Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 10:18 AM EDT
General Electric (GE) stock is up after the company reported upbeat third quarter earnings today and announced the sale of its appliance business for $3.3 billion,
- Dow Jones (DJIA) Today: General Electric (GE) Leads The Day Higher, Coca-Cola (KO) Lags @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 10:00 AM EDT
The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be General Electric (NYSE:GE), which is sporting a 67-cent gain (+2.8%) bringing the stock to $24.92. Holding back the Dow today is Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO), ...
- Jack Welch on the executive MBA he created in his own image @ Financial Times - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 9:36 AM EDT
Widely regarded as one of America's most influential business leaders of the past 50 years, Jack Welch, who left General Electric in 2001 after two decades in charge, was never going to slip quietly into ...
- Back To Basics: General Electric Profit Grows As Number Of Business Lines Shrink @ Forbes - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 9:33 AM EDT
General Electric has found value in simplicity.
- Morning Movers: Stocks Surge as GE, Morgan Stanley Beat Street; Urban Outfitters Sinks as Sales Slum … @ Barrons.com - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 8:58 AM EDT
Look out above! Markets are in rally mode this morning after the bulls beat back the bears yesterday and earnings from companies like General Electric (GE) and Morgan Stanley (MS) were better than expected. ...
- Morgan Stanley climbs after earnings; Urban Outfitters slides @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 8:19 AM EDT
Earnings send Morgan Stanley shares up sharply as Urban Outfitters slips
- Robust Demand for Industrial Equipment Lifts General Electric’s Profit 11% @ The New York Times - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 8:09 AM EDT
Despite shaky outlooks for the global economy, G.E. is showing progress in bolstering its industrial core.
- Bloomberg - The First Word: Oct. 17, 2014 (Patel @ Bloomberg - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 7:34 AM EDT
Bloomberg - The First Word with Karen Moskow and Bob Moon features breaking economic, business, and market news as it happens, around the globe. GUEST: Heenal Patel Sr Analyst:Electricals Bloomberg Intelligence ...
- GE Delivers Solid Earnings With Record Backlog @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 7:30 AM EDT
General Electric has delivered on its third-quarter earnings, but with slightly light revenues.
- Bloomberg Intelligence: GE Results – Oct. 17(Audio) @ Bloomberg - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 7:24 AM EDT
Heenal Patel of Bloomberg Intelligence discusses General Electric earnings. You can read Heenal’s analysis and other news, market data and expert commentary from the world’s most trusted economists and ...
- Honeywell tops Street 3Q forecasts Associated Press - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 7:12 AM EDT
On a per-share basis, the Morristown, New Jersey-based company said it had net income of $1.47. Earnings, adjusted for pretax gains, came to $1.43 per share. The results surpassed Wall Street expectations. ...