- Toyota to launch China-made Corolla, Levin hybrids in 2015 Reuters - 33 minutes ago
Toyota Motor Corp <7203.T> plans to make and sell hybrid versions of its Corolla and Levin sedans in China next year, fitting them with locally-made components, in its first bid to entirely manufacture gas-electric hybrids outside Japan. The backdrop to Toyota's plans are efforts by foreign and domestic automakers to kick-start …
- Toyota Plans to Bring New Models for China Market @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
Toyota Motor is becoming more ambitious about its China business, with an aim to take the third spot in the world's largest market for cars in terms of market share.
- China set to replace U.S. as Volvo's biggest market this year Reuters - 2 hours 42 minutes ago
- Beijing auto show opens amid market slowdown Associated Press - 4 hours ago
Global and Chinese automakers are looking to the Beijing auto show to help boost sales in a slowing, intensely competitive market. Brands from General Motors Co. to Chinese SUV maker Great Wall Motors ...
- [$$] Chinese Car Makers Struggle to Lure Buyers @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
With growth slowing, and foreign manufacturers gaining share, many of China's auto industry players could face extinction.
- 2014 World Car Awards: 5 Winners Announced in New York @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 5 hours ago
Here are the five winners of the 2014 World Car Awards, announced on April 17 in New York.
- The 30th-Highest-Paid Athlete In The World Hasn't Played A Game In Two Years Business Insider - 6 hours ago
The Orlando Magic will pay Gilbert Arenas $22.3...
- Volvo Cars Predicts China to Become Its Largest Market in 2014 @ Bloomberg - 6 hours ago
Volvo Car Group, the Swedish luxury carmaker owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co. (175) , said it expects to China to surpass the U.S. as its largest market this year. Volvo Cars will probably outpace the estimated 20 percent growth in China’s luxury car sales this year and deliver at least 80,000 vehicles in the …
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall Associated Press - 7 hours ago
- Scion Seeks Reinvention as the Lineup Continues to Age @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 8 hours ago
Scion will be greatly overhauling its lineup in efforts to boost slumping sales.
- Pepsi Has Increased Dividends For 42 Years, But Is It A Buy Right Now? @ Seeking Alpha - 8 hours ago
The last time I wrote about PepsiCo Inc. ( PEP ) I stated, "…normally it is for these reasons I would not layer into my position but because the stock is showing strong bullish technicals I'm going ...
- Dividend Winners: High Yields And Low Volatility Part III: General Mills @ Seeking Alpha - 9 hours ago
Recently Citi Equity Research released an update list of global bond refugee stocks. Stocks with higher dividends ands lower volatility an alternative to bond investments. Among companies making the cut ...
- Mobile Display Revenue to Surpass Television Displays This Year @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 10 hours ago
2014 will be the first year, according to a report from NPD DisplaySearch, that display manufacturers will make more money from mobile displays than from television screens.
- 6 Recipes for Grab-and-Go, Heat-and-Eat Breakfasts @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 10 hours ago
Kick cold cereal to the curb with one of these 6 breakfasts tht are made in advance.
- The 15 ‘Most American’ Automobiles of 2014 @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 10 hours ago
In these rankings for most American cars of 2014, how many are made by foreign automakers?
- 8 Most Well-Paid NFL Coaches @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 10 hours ago
The average salary for an NFL head coach was $4.6 million last year, but who's making the most? Here are the 8 most well paid head coaches.
- 5 Costly and Common Auto Repairs to Be Prepared For @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 10 hours ago
Here are five common auto maintenance items that can end up costing a pretty penny.
- No Campfire Required: 6 S’mores-Themed Desserts @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 11 hours ago
'Tis the season for s'mores and we're toasting to it with these 6 s'mores-themed desserts.
- Easter Jeep Safari: Testing a pair of prototype Jeeps @ Los Angeles Times - 11 hours ago
A world away from the bright lights and frantic rush of the current New York Auto Show, Jeep is using a very different venue to show off its latest concept vehicles. And it’s getting them dirty too.
- American Millennials’ 7 Favorite Fast Food Brands @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 12 hours ago
Here are American Millennials' 7 favorite fast food brands.
- An Overdue Haircut @ The New York Times - 12 hours ago
Shearers work on a Montana ranch during sheep-shearing season.
- Nike Is Trying To Tamp Down Rumors That The FuelBand Is Dead Business Insider - 12 hours ago
Today, Re/code has a statement from Nike that undercuts that report.
- Breakfast Made Easy: 7 Homemade Granola, Granola Bar Recipes @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 12 hours ago
Easy breakfast or snack idea are found here: seven recipes for homemade granola and granola bars.
- Fiat Chrysler to build 3 Jeep models in China Associated Press - 13 hours ago
- Hearthstone vs. Rollercoaster Tycoon 4: The Battle For The Soul Of Mobile Games @ Forbes - 13 hours ago
It's been an interesting month for mobile games, one that I believe clearly illustrates a split for the scene with the release of two high profile games, Blizzard's Hearthstone and Atari's RollerCoaster Tycoon 4. Hearthstone is a new game drawing from old concepts, but has seen great popularity in its [...]
- Fiat Chrysler to build 3 Jeeps in China Associated Press - 13 hours ago
Fiat and Chrysler say they will build three new Jeep models in China for the local market, the biggest for Jeeps outside the U.S. The automakers announced an agreement Saturday to expand the joint venture ...
- Muscle cars dominate New York Auto Show @ CNBC - 13 hours ago
Mustang, Challenger, Charger - and some high-powered imports - rule the 2014 NY Auto Show
- 7 Things to Love About Toyota’s Fuel Cell Beauty @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 14 hours ago
Here are 7 things to love about the Toyota Fuel Cell Vehicle on display in New York.
- USDA tries to contain virus killing millions of pigs @ CNBC - 14 hours ago
Porcine epidemic diarrhea has killed millions of pigs in 27 states since showing up in the U.S. last May
- 5 NFL Preseason Games That Are Not to Be Missed @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 14 hours ago
The NFL just released the preseason schedule for the 2014 football season. Here are 5 games that you'll want to earmark way in advance.
- Chevy Continues To Offer Huge Discounts On Pickups @ 24/7 Wall St. - 14 hours ago
The nation’s second-best selling vehicle is on sale for an extraordinary $8,162 below its sticker price. The discount shows just how desperate General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) has become in competition with ...
- Hollywood’s Double Threats: 10 Best Musicians Turned Actors @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 14 hours ago
Here's a look at ten musicians who have become successful actors.
- 6 Candy Recipes for a Perfectly Paleo Easter Basket @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 15 hours ago
That big basket chocked full of Easter candy is about to get a Paleo makeover.
- DIY Sugar Rush: 7 Recipes for Homemade Easter Candy @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 15 hours ago
Create the ultimate Easter basket using homemade candies.
- Sony Xperia Z2 Review: The Updated Android Flagship Is An All-Round Success @ Forbes - 16 hours ago
Sony's latest Android handset is the Xperia Z2. Sporting a 5.2 inch screen, a 2.3 GHz quad-core processor, and a lot of glass and metal, it's the Japanese company's flagship for the summer. I've spent some time reviewing the handset and found it to be an impressive handset with many small touches that make it the best all-round …
- 6 Must-See NBA Playoff Series, First Round Edition @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 16 hours ago
With the NBA's regular season wrapping up this week, the league (finally) looks to the playoffs, which begin April 19. Here's the best of what's coming up.
- Redesigned Camry, Sonata debut as competition heats up @ Los Angeles Times - 16 hours ago
Toyota and Hyundai, speeding up the typical redesign cycle, show off dramatically restyled versions of their respective family sedans, the Camry and the Sonata.
- MLB Anthems: 5 Signature Ballpark Songs @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 17 hours ago
Here are five signature songs fans of Major League Baseball teams love to sing at their respective stadiums. Join the chorus.
- All you could want from the N.Y. Auto Show @ USA TODAY - 18 hours ago
Not heading to New York for the extravagant auto exhibition? Here's a list of highlights from this year.
- The rising cost of a trip to the supermarket @ CNBC - 18 hours ago
Use our interactive map to find out the cities hardest hit by rapidly rising food costs.
- [$$] Fiat, Chrysler to Build Jeeps in China for Country's Market @ The Wall Street Journal - 21 hours ago
Fiat SpA and its Chrysler Group LLC arm expect to build Jeep vehicles for China in the Asian country starting in late 2015, the two companies said Saturday.
- [$$] Record Earnings Lift Whirlpool @ Barrons.com - 22 hours ago
With nearly $19 billion of sales in 2013, Whirlpool is the world's No. 1 manufacturer of home appliances. The 103-year-old Michigan company last Monday enhanced its quarterly common dividend by 20% and announced a new stock-repurchase plan worth $500 million. Citing its record 2013 earnings performance and margin expansion, …
- Bodies After Motion, Oases in Snow and Exodus Undercover @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 12:25 AM EDT
Photography exhibitions of Adam Bartos and Maroesjka Lavigne and at Alice Austen House.
- Brunch Box: Van Horn in Brooklyn Ladles Up Bites of Southern Comfort @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 12:25 AM EDT
Van Horn in Brooklyn's Cobble Hill neighborhood serves up a fresh version of Southern food, including biscuits and gravy in a big dish, slathered in the perfect made-in-house sausage gravy and topped with ...
- [$$] Metro Money: Comparing Three of New York City's Chinatowns @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 12:25 AM EDT
Metro Money's Anne Kadet compares New York City's three main Chinatowns and comes up with a clear winner: Sunset Park in Brooklyn.
- [$$] USDA to Require Pork Industry to Report Swine Virus @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 12:24 AM EDT
The U.S. Department of Agriculture said it would require the pork industry to report incidents to the government of a swine virus that has killed millions of young pigs and roiled the sector in the past ...
- Fusion Cuisine: Lincoln MKZ Isn't a Full Meal @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 12:24 AM EDT
The MKZ is an overpriced, badge-engineered, sort-of-premium version of Ford Fusion that is actually less successful, stylistically, than the donor car.
- Egg Gadget, Easter Candy and Trout Roe Caviar @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 12:23 AM EDT
A gadget from Rösle makes an art of eating eggs; Easter candy for grown-ups from Fran's Chocolates; trout roe that's all the rage with chefs (at a price that won't make you angry).
- [$$] Photo-Op: Modern Nomad @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 12:22 AM EDT
A photographic review of "Windows," by Xavier Guardans.
- Fiat to Start Making Jeeps in China by Late 2015 @ Bloomberg - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 12:20 AM EDT
Fiat SpA (F) plans to begin making Jeep sport utility vehicles in China, the largest market for the brand outside the U.S., by late 2015 after reaching an agreement with local partner Guangzhou Automobile Group Co. (2238) Fiat, the Italian carmaker that bought full control of Jeep producer Chrysler Group LLC, and Guangzhou …