- Midlife Crisis? Ronald McDonald Gets a Makeover, Joins Twitter Entrepreneur - 24 minutes ago
- Under Armour Profit Surges 70% But Gains Not Enough To Stop Stock From Falling Fast @ Forbes - 46 minutes ago
By almost all accounts, Under Armour had a great first quarter, with revenue growing 36% and profit growing more than 70%. But the stock is dropping in Thursday trading as investors process a disappointingly conservative full-year 2014 outlook.
- Why Starbucks Might Buy a Stake in SodaStream @ Motley Fool - 46 minutes ago
If the coffee giant partners with the in-home soda maker, the two companies will face off with the alliance of Keurig Green Mountain and Coca-Cola.
- [video] Russia Begins Military Exercises Near Ukraine, and More @ MarketWatch - 53 minutes ago
What's News: Russia launches military exercises near the Ukraine border. E-cigarette makers face first regulations. Vermont to require food makers to label GMO products. Sara Murray reports. Photo: Getty...
- Under Armour raises outlook amid strong sales @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
Under Armour’s first-quarter profit soars 73% on strong sales growth in North America and internationally.
- Researchers Tested The 'Gambler's Fallacy' On Real-Life Gamblers And Stumbled Upon An Amazing Realiz … Business Insider - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
One of the most interesting things that comes...
- Coca-Cola Enterprises Beats on Q1 Earnings; Lags Rev Zacks - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc (CCE) reported first-quarter 2014 adjusted earnings of 46 cents per share, beating the Zacks Consensus Estimate of 44 cents by 4.5% and the year-ago earnings of 39 cents by 17.9%....
- Massive recall expenses slash General Motor's first-quarter profit @ Los Angeles Times - 1 hour 13 minutes ago
Heavy spending to repair more than 6 million vehicles in the first quarter triggered an 88% plunge in General Motors Co. earnings for the period, compared to a year earlier.
- SONIC Drive-in Could Solve McDonald’s Problem @ Motley Fool - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
SONIC Drive-in could solve McDonald’s problem.
- Under Armour posts 73% higher profit @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
Sports-apparel and footwear company cites strong first-quarter sales growth, raises full-year earnings outlook.
- Men want new fashion-underneath their clothes @ CNBC - 1 hour 52 minutes ago
Men are playing a bigger role in choosing fashionable underwear, which helped the category's sales grow 4 percent, according to a report.
- Big Tobacco Dividends Come Under FDA E-cigarette Regulation, Maybe @ 24/7 Wall St. - 1 hour 53 minutes ago
The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has come out and proposed to extend its tobacco authority to additional tobacco products, including e-cigarettes. What the public needs to know is that the FDA ...
- Auto Sales: What’s underneath the hood? ETFguide - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
How good are auto sales? Earlier this month, General Motors (NYSE:GM) released March sales growth of 4.1%, positively surprising the much lower consensus 0.8% increase. These are excellent sales numbers ...
- 3 Small Cap Food Stocks With Big Name Brand Appeal Benzinga - 2 hours 10 minutes ago
There is no underestimating the long term appeal of stocks with established brands. In a famous quote, legendary investor Warren Buffett has stated that the brand leadership of Coca-Cola (NYSE: KO ) could ...
- Rumors of FuelBand's Death have been Greatly Exaggerated @ Motley Fool - 2 hours 16 minutes ago
Despite a flurry of articles on Nike's decision to axe FuelBand, news that is reminiscent of Barnes & Noble's NOOK issues, evidence suggests that the media has given more credence to the rumors than what ...
- Johnson Controls (JCI) Marked As Today's Roof Leaker Stock @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 17 minutes ago
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Johnson Controls (JCI) as a "roof leaker" (crossing below the 200-day simple moving average on higher than normal relative volume) candidate
- E-Cigarettes to Fall Under FDA Review as Popularity Grows Bloomberg - 2 hours 31 minutes ago
Makers of electronic cigarettes such as Lorillard Inc. and Altria Group Inc. will for the first time face regulatory oversight, including passing a review to stay on the market, under a U.S. plan that doesn't ban TV ads or flavored versions of the new products. The Food and Drug Administration today proposed to extend …
- Net Income at Under Armour Inc Rises by Almost 75% on Strong Sales Growth @ Motley Fool - 2 hours 35 minutes ago
Under Armour raises full-year expectations to operating income ranging between $331 million and $334 million.
- Activist nominates 8 to Bob Evans board @ CNBC - 2 hours 36 minutes ago
Hedge fund manager Tom Sandell has nominated a slate of eight directors to the board of Bob Evans Farms, the latest salvo in his activist campaign.
- You Will Eat Your Peas Now as Big Food Binges on Protein Bloomberg - 2 hours 41 minutes ago
Deep inside the General Mills Inc. (GIS) research lab in Golden Valley, Minnesota, food technician Faith Perry mixes up the company's new Larabar with a special ingredient that's several thousand years old. The one that gives the Larabar a new moniker -- the ALT, for alternative protein -- is the yellow pea powder that …
- 10 Vehicles Offering the Most Fun You Can Have in an SUV @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 3 hours ago
From Mazda to Mercedes, here are 10 SUVs that Kelley Blue Book says are the most fun to drive.
- Smart Ways to Invest in Your Health US News - 3 hours ago
With the weather warming up, there are many frugal ways to be active and enjoy nutritional foods on the cheap.
- Living Wage Advocates Need To Understand Most McDonald's Are Small Businesses @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
Advocates for a higher minimum wage seem to have overlooked the fact that most McDonald's restaurants are franchises and not part of a multi-billion dollar corporation. The idea that raising the minimum wage would mean workers would stop collecting government benefits is not true either.
- Stock Market Today: The Beginning of a Tech Rebound? @ Motley Fool - 3 hours ago
What you need to know about the stock market today.
- Are Chipotle's Increasing Food Costs Cause for Investor Concern? @ Motley Fool - 3 hours ago
Despite solid revenue growth and increasing same-store sales growth, Chipotle struggled to grow earnings at robust levels in the first quarter amid rising food costs. How concerned should investors be?...
- GM Earnings Preview: Car Recall Related Expenses To Hurt GM @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
The company has stated that it expects to incur costs approximately $1.3 billion in the first quarter, up from $750 million previously, mostly due to the cost of recall-related repairs and providing free loans to customers. Additionally, the company will also record the previously announced $400 million charges related …
- Price or Power? 6 Cars that Offer Something for Everyone @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 3 hours ago
Here are six cars that find an ideal balance between price and performance.
- Will Xerox (XRX) Stock Gain Today After New Coverage Begins 'Positive'? @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Shares of Xerox (XRX) are up in pre-market trade after Susquehanna initiated coverage with a "positive" rating.
- Find Dividends in Your Local Mall Food Court @ Motley Fool - 3 hours ago
An extensive brand portfolio is the key strength of this company.
- How Yuengling and Schell's Became Craft Beer @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
The Brewers Association craft beer industry group recently had a change of heart about its definition of a craft brewer. Soul searching helped, but so did political and beer industry reality.
- [$$] Novozymes Raises Outlook After Strong First Quarter @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Novozymes raised its outlook for 2014 after seeing strong sales of its industrial enzymes used in washing detergents and in ethanol production.
- Marlboro maker Altria 1Q profit falls Associated Press - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
- No Growth, No Problem: P&G Still Has Lots to Love @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 3 hours ago
It's been a less-than-ideal couple of quarters for consumer giant Procter & Gamble, but there's a silver lining in recent earnings.
- Auto Industry's 5 Most Polarizing Cars @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
Carmakers make dramatic designs to incite emotional responses, but some get especially high amounts of love and hate.
- 5 Cars That Made America Argue @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
Carmakers make dramatic designs to incite emotional responses, but some get especially high amounts of love and hate.
- Altria Posts Solid Earnings on Diversification, Share Buybacks 24/7 Wall St. - 4 hours ago
Altria reported solid first-quarter 2014 results before markets opened Thursday, citing the strength of its core tobacco businesses and its leading premium brands.
- Prestige Brands vs. Church & Dwight: Where Should You Invest? @ Motley Fool - 4 hours ago
In the big business of consumer goods, often smaller growth alternatives are better investments, but which is worth your money?
- [$$] Under Armour Profit Rises 73% On Strong Revenue Growth @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
Under Armour Inc. said Thursday its first-quarter profit soared 73% as the athletic-goods maker posted strong sales growth in North America and internationally.
- [$$] Unilever First-Quarter Sales Fall @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
Unilever reported a fall in first-quarter sales and said it would raise prices in emerging markets to counter currency weakness there.
- 3 Dow Stocks You Should Be Selling @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 4 hours ago
While the Dow Jones is trading within 2 percent of its all-time high, there are some components that have been relatively weak.
- FDA announces rules restricting e-cigarettes and cigars @ USA TODAY - 4 hours ago
The U.S. government proposes today to restrict the sale of e-cigarettes to children.
- Unilever sales top estimates; may sell Ragu, SlimFast Reuters - 4 hours ago
* Reviews Ragu, SlimFast brands amid portfolio pruning (Adds outlook, US portfolio review, share price, byline) LONDON, April 24 (Reuters) - Unilever said it may sell its underperforming Ragu pasta sauce and SlimFast brands as it reported higher-than-expected first-quarter sales on Thursday, led by strong sales in Northern …
- 9 Warren Buffett-Approved Dividend Stocks @ Motley Fool - 4 hours ago
You can learn a lot from Warren Buffett and how he invests his money through the Berkshire Hathaway portfolio. Most notably, some of his top picks display a clear favoritism towards dividend stocks.
- GM’s First-Quarter Profit Beats Estimates on Truck Prices @ Bloomberg - 4 hours ago
General Motors Co. (GM) beat analyst estimates with a first-quarter profit that fell 82 percent even as higher prices on new pickups largely made up for the cost of recalling 7 million vehicles. Profit excluding one-time items was 29 cents a share, Detroit-based GM said today in a statement, beating the 4-cent average …
- 10 Things You Need To Know This Morning Business Insider - 4 hours ago
Good morning! Here's what you need to know...
- [$$] Hershey's Profit Rises 4.4%, Revenue Edges Up 2.4% @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
Candy maker Hershey Co. said its first-quarter earnings rose 4.4%, though its sales increased slightly less than expected.
- [video] Game That Brings Out the Worst In Us Is a Huge Hit @ Bloomberg - 5 hours ago
April 24 (Bloomberg) --Cards Against Humanity is described as a "party game for horrible people." Its development originated from a successful Kickstarter campaign, and has dominated the top ...
- Is Wal-Mart About to Crush Smaller Organic Sellers? @ Motley Fool - 5 hours ago
Smaller organic food sellers may find it hard to compete with an increasing number of organic food options and lower prices available at Wal-Mart and Target.
- Vermont moves toward labeling of GMO foods Associated Press - 5 hours ago
- Sony developing live-action Barbie comedy Associated Press - 5 hours ago