- Apple’s CarPlay May Be Installed in Older Vehicles @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 18 minutes ago
Apple’s recently announced CarPlay system may become available as an aftermarket installation option for some older car models.
- McDonald's February same-restaurant sales fall 0.3 percent Reuters - 18 minutes ago
- E-Cigarettes Aren't for Kids @ Bloomberg - 25 minutes ago
Could someone please send the U.S. Food and Drug Administration a copy of the latest study on teenagers and e-cigarettes? The agency obviously needs a push to come out with its overdue regulations. Drawn from two surveys of tens of thousands of American middle-school and high-school students, the research found that adolescents …
- Skullcandy (SKUL) Worth Watching: Stock Soars 24.2% Zacks - 33 minutes ago
Skullcandy was a big mover last session, with shares surging over 24% on the day.
- China auto sales rise but local brands weaken Associated Press - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
China's auto sales rose 11.3 percent in the first two months of this year but local brands suffered a decline in a sign of intense competition in the world's biggest auto market, an industry group reported ...
- [$$] India Car Sales Rise in February @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 46 minutes ago
Car sales in India gained in February after four months of decline, fueled largely by demand for Maruti Suzuki 's new Celerio hatchback and Honda Motor's Amaze compact car.
- Switch Off Living Room Lights With Your TV? @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 57 minutes ago
In a few years, Samsung Electronics' new Internet-connected TVs might come with an extra function that you may not have expected: switching on and off living room lights.
- 8 NBA Players Who Are Scoring Maniacs @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 1 hour 57 minutes ago
The 40-point game stands is one thing we pay attention to when a scorer starts to heat up. Which NBA players have had the most 40+ games in one season?
- CombiMatrix names Weslie Tyson, M.D., as Chief Medical Officer theflyonthewall.com - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
CombiMatrix announced that pediatric pathologist R. Weslie Tyson, M.D., has been hired as Chief Medical Officer, effective April 8. Dr. Tyson will replace Richard D. Hockett, Jr., M.D., as Chief Medical ...
- 7 New Motorcycles Built for Roaring Into Spring 2014 @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 2 hours 21 minutes ago
From bikes made for touring to speedsters ready to break out of a stoplight, here are seven new motorcycles built for roaring into spring 2014.
- Invest Like Warren Buffett, Not Warren Sapp @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
One Warren buys stocks and makes money, the other buys sneakers and declares bankruptcy. Who would you rather be?
- Chiquita Brands to buy Ireland's Fyffes Reuters - 4 hours ago
U.S. fruit distributor Chiquita Brands International Inc will buy Irish fruit firm Fyffes Plc in an all-stock deal valuing Fyffes at about $526 million to create the world's largest banana supplier. Chiquita ...
- Intel And Mattel May Increase Dividends And Offer Upside Surprises @ Seeking Alpha - 5 hours ago
"Never overpay for a stock. More money is lost than in any other way by projecting above-average growth and paying an extra multiple for it." - Charles Neuhauser (formerly of Bear Stearns).
- [$$] Geely Keeping Close Eye on Ukraine @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Chinese auto maker Geely Automobile Holdings said it would consider reducing the number of cars it exports to Ukraine for assembly should the political situation there deteriorate.
- [$$] Unilever Invests in Chinese Water-Purification @ The Wall Street Journal - 7 hours ago
Unilever bought a majority stake in a Chinese water-purification company, marking its first acquisition in China in a decade and a strategic move into a market with high demand for clean water.
- Funding drought curbs Australia's "food bowl to Asia" ambitions Reuters - 8 hours ago
* Lack of state grants, blocks to foreign investment hurting * Rapidly growing Asian middle class the target SYDNEY, March 10 (Reuters) - Australia's lofty ambitions to become a "food bowl" for a rapidly growing middle-class in Asia are in danger of falling at the farm gate due to the country's harsh, drought-prone climate …
- ‘Hippie’ Grains Thrive as Panera Looks Beyond Whole Wheat @ Bloomberg - 8 hours ago
Panera Bread Co. (PNRA) thinks so. The move is part of a broader push by national restaurant chains to seek alternatives to white flour -- and even wheat -- which aren’t seen as healthy enough by some diners. Panera, Au Bon Pain and Olive Garden (DRI) are testing a range of grains and traditional-carbohydrate substitutes. …
- [$$] Europe's Lower-Gear Car Recovery @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
Investors may be too optimistic on a rebound in vehicle sales in Europe, which are well below 2007's peak.
- [$$] Asian Demand for Milk Shakes Up Market @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
Asia's growing thirst for milk is spilling over into the U.S. market, pushing up prices for consumers and pressuring profits for some food makers.
- Former Yankees Are Leaving Their Razors in New York @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
Over the past five off-seasons, the Yankees have parted ways with 66 players who resurfaced the following season in professional ball. Of the 66, 41 (62%) were sporting additional facial hair when pictured ...
- A 'Doughnut' for Win No. 300 @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
Lundqvist shuts out the Detroit Red Wings, inching closer to the Rangers goalies whose numbers hang in the rafters.
- What Games Are: Patreonomics And “Supposed To Be” @ TechCrunch - 9 hours ago
When considering the economics of games, I'm more and more fascinated by the potential of a scalable patronage model and seen on Patreon. But also by the games industry's continuing resistance to new economics ...
- Dreams of a More Streamlined Car-Buying Process, With Technology as Facilitator @ The New York Times - 9 hours ago
The industry model is changing, as consumers no longer depend on dealers to learn about cars, and automakers try to sell their vehicles more directly.
- Microsoft Pins Xbox One Hopes on Titanfall, a Sci-Fi Shooting Game @ The New York Times - 13 hours ago
The company is betting that a new game, Titanfall, will be enough of a hit to improve sales of the Xbox One and secure its influence in the video-game market.
- China Tobacco Ban Faces Hurdles to Beat Habit: Health @ Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
Midway through Premier Li Keqiang ’s opening speech at China’s legislative meeting, delegate Gai Ruyin slipped out for a cigarette break. Gai, the representative from a northeastern province and a two-pack-a-day man for four decades, is among the 300 million tobacco users China’s government hopes to curb as it weighs a …
- A Bumpy Ride For Connected Car Drivers? @ Forbes - 15 hours ago
Apple debuted CarPlay—a rebranded 'iOS in the Car' initiative--at the Geneva International Motor Show last week and like all things Apple, it was a high-profile, high-end entrance to a sector that is ripe to be remade. Its partners for its connected car offering are no less than Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz and Volvo, [...]
- Unilever Plans Manufacturing Plant in Ethiopia as Growth Surges @ Bloomberg - 15 hours ago
Unilever (UNA) , the world’s second-biggest consumer-products maker, plans to open a manufacturing plant in Ethiopia during the next year in a bid to emulate its expansion into Vietnam, a company official said. The London- and Rotterdam-based company is renting premises for a plant in the Chinese-built Eastern Industry …
- Wearables Startups Draw a Crowd at SXSW @ Barrons.com - 15 hours ago
One of the more popular sessions of startups at this year's SXSW conference in Austin was Sunday afternoon's "Accelerator" session for wearable technology startups. Bob Metcalfe, famous for developing the Ethernet networking standard decades ago, and a professor in the engineering school at University of Texas, was one …
- Jets Release Cornerback Antonio Cromartie After Four Seasons @ Bloomberg - 16 hours ago
The New York Jets released Antonio Cromartie after four seasons, saving the club from having to pay the cornerback a $5 million roster bonus later this month. “Cro is one of the finest athletes I’ve ever ...
- Is Green Mountain Coffee Roasters a Buy Now? @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 16 hours ago
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters stock has been surging higher over the last couple of months, but is currently pulling back.
- More Than a Bombshell: Marilyn Monroe’s 6 Greatest Performances @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 17 hours ago
Here are 6 performances that prove there were brains behind the beauty and that Marilyn was more than just the dumb blonde she portrayed.
- The Console Market Is In Crisis @ TechCrunch - 17 hours ago
Neither of the games industry's new flagship boxes -- the PS4 and the Xbox One -- is selling well compared to previous generations of flagship home consoles. The console market as a whole appears to be ...
- Is White Wave's Growth Potential Worth Buying? @ Seeking Alpha - 18 hours ago
When I first wrote about White Wave Foods, Inc. ( WWAV ) in November, shares were trading at levels just under $22/share; WWAV now trades around $30.00 following momentum stemming from its impressive FY13 ...
- Detroit Lions owner William Clay Ford passes away at 88 @ USA TODAY - 18 hours ago
Lions owner bought the team in 1963 and was known for his enormous generosity.
- Detroit Lions owner William Clay Ford has died Associated Press - 19 hours ago
Detroit Lions owner William Clay Ford has died.
- Procter & Gamble: Gambling For Alpha @ Seeking Alpha - 20 hours ago
Procter & Gamble ( PG ) trades at a multiple of 19.35 times year end June-2013 earnings. At first glance that looks expensive. Yet, it also trades with a dividend yield of 3.1%, which is a substantial ...
- Beer Man: Bricks & Barley falls short of competition @ USA TODAY - 21 hours ago
As B&B stout warms up, lemon citrus aroma and flavor is at odds with the style.
- The 10 Most Successful NBA Teams Ever @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 22 hours ago
Most basketball players play the game to win. Here are the ten teams that did that better than anyone else in National Basketball Association history.
- 8 Great Dessert Recipes, No Baking Required @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 22 hours ago
There are days you want dessert but don't want to bake. Here are eight treats with no baking required.
- 7 Car and Crossover Debuts at 2014′s New York Auto Show @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 22 hours ago
Here are seven debuts slated for this year's New York Auto Show to look forward to.
- Top 10 Stress-Busting Foods @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 22 hours ago
Munching on a few of these foods should help keep you feeling centered and calm.
- Feds Ignored Complaints about GM Defect That Led to 13 Deaths: Report @ 24/7 Wall St. - 23 hours ago
General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) has recalled 1.6 million cars worldwide to repair a defect that led to 13 deaths. According to a report in The New York Times, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration ...
- 7 Ways to Brew Starbucks-Inspired Coffee Drinks at Home @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 23 hours ago
Peace out, Starbucks. We're brewing up our favorite specialty coffee drinks at home using these seven recipes.
- The 5 Worst NBA Teams in Recent History @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 23 hours ago
We take an economical look at the worst five franchises of the past 15 years.
- MiX Telematics: Global, Green, And Undervalued @ Seeking Alpha - 23 hours ago
"The MRM market has been growing quickly, and does not look like it will slow down." So says Clem Driscoll, President of C.J. Driscoll & Associates, a leading consultant for the Mobile Resource ...
- LeBron’s 6 Greatest Games So Far @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 23 hours ago
LeBron James became the second player to break 60 points in the 2013-2014 NBA season, setting a personal best.
- Breaking Down Breakfast: What Makes a Healthy Meal? @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Sun, Mar 9, 2014 7:27 AM EDT
Everyone has their own dietary needs. That said, there are a few boxes a healthy breakfast ought to tick.
- A Bullish Bet On Lorillard @ Seeking Alpha - Sun, Mar 9, 2014 5:59 AM EDT
Despite regulatory uncertainty over menthol cigarettes, Lorillard's ( LO ) shares jumped by about 10% after Financial Times reported a possible acquisition.
- A washing machine factory tests Italy's industrial future Reuters - Sun, Mar 9, 2014 5:25 AM EDT
The boxy white and grey factory of this rainy northern town makes fewer than half the washing machines it did when Italy joined the euro. Home appliance maker Electrolux, which owns the factory, wants to cut the salaries of some 5,000 workers at the plant and three other factories across Italy by up to 15 percent over …
- Marchionne: Maserati SUV Production to Begin in 2015 @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 9:34 PM EST
Maserati may begin building its anticipated luxury SUV by next year.