- Will L'Oreal SA's (LRLCY) 1H14 Sales Disappoint Investors? Zacks - 14 minutes ago
France-based L'Oreal SA (LRLCY) is set to report first half fiscal 2014 sales results on Jul 31. L'Oreal creates and develops various cosmetics products for women and men worldwide. Let's see how things ...
- Wife Beating Gets a Standing Ovation in Baltimore @ Bloomberg - 23 minutes ago
If Ray Rice continues to be a story that won’t go away, the National Football League and the Baltimore Ravens only have themselves to blame. As he jogged onto the field at M&T Bank Stadium, the crowd of Ravens fans gave the running back a standing ovation. Many beat writers tweeted the reaction, but the news was also …
- YOUR MONEY-The rising cost of your kids' lunch gear Reuters - 35 minutes ago
Beau Coffron, of Fremont, California, packs his daughter's school lunches in stainless steel containers that cost at least $20 a pop. Her sports water bottles cost about $10, and the sack to carry it all came with the lunch kits but would retail separately for about $25.
- 12 Items You Should Buy Generic (and 4 You Shouldn’t) Money Talks News - 52 minutes ago
A new study “estimates Americans are wasting about $44 billion a year on name brands, when they could be buying the exact same products if they switched to cheaper store brands,” CNN Money said. Take a look, then meet me on the other side for more, along with a list of items where the store brand just won’t cut it.
- TRW Automotive Tops Q2 Earnings on Solid Operational Results Zacks - 54 minutes ago
TRW Automotive Holdings Corp. (TRW) reported a 14.9% increase in its second-quarter 2014 earnings to $2.32 per share.
- An iPhone Case Ready for Hollywood @ The New York Times - 55 minutes ago
The iOgrapher helps stabilize the phone or an iPad while shooting video and allows moviemakers to add lenses and lights.
- Sony Was Right To Turn Down EA's Video Game Subscription Plan [Update] @ Forbes - 56 minutes ago
Sony dodged a bullet by turning down EA Access.
- AB InBev (BUD) Set to Top Earnings Estimates This Season Zacks - 59 minutes ago
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (BUD), also known as AB InBev, will release its second-quarter 2014 financial results on Jul 31, 2014 before the market opens.
- Dow Today: Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) Lower @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
Holding back the Dow today is Wal-Mart Stores (NYSE: WMT ), which is lagging the broader Dow index with a 66-cent decline (-0.9%) bringing the stock to $74.78.
- Review: 3Doodler is fun but quirky '3-D pen' Associated Press - 1 hour 30 minutes ago
- Hyundai recalls 883,000 Sonata sedans in U.S. for transmission issue Reuters - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
South Korean automaker Hyundai Motor Co <005380.KS> will recall about 883,000 Sonata mid-sized sedans in the United States and Puerto Rico because a potentially defective transmission-shift cable could increase the risk of a crash. The recall affects certain Sonata cars from model years 2011 to 2014, in which the transmission-shift …
- [video] Accountability facing McDonald's @ CNBC - 1 hour 41 minutes ago
CNBC's Scott Cohn reports on the liabilities potentially facing franchise-owned McDonald's restaurants and corporate.
- Arrow Electronics Down Despite Q2 Earnings & Revenues Beat Zacks - 1 hour 44 minutes ago
Arrow Electronics Inc. (ARW) reported second-quarter 2014 adjusted earnings per share of $1.43, which beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate by a penny.
- Lorillard e-cigarette sales slip as competition rises Reuters - 1 hour 53 minutes ago
Lorillard Inc. on Wednesday reported significant declines in its electronic cigarettes sales, raising questions about the strength of the nascent market. Sales of its electronic devices dropped 35 percent to $37 million for the second quarter ended June 30, 2014 compared to $57 million for the same period last year. Lorillard …
- [video] A Chef's Tips on Jazzing up Vegetables @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
Amanda Cohen, chef and owner of Dirt Candy vegetarian restaurant, loves finding ways to bring creativity to summer veggies, like using beet greens for pesto by blending it with green garlic and parmesan ...
- Midday Glance: Restaurant companies Associated Press - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
Shares of some top restaurant companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: Brinker International Inc. fell $.28 or .6 percent, to $45.55. Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. rose $3.60 or .5 percent, to $677.96. Darden Restaurants ...
- Midday Glance: Autos companies Associated Press - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
Shares of some top autos companies are down at 1 p.m.: Ford Motor Co. fell $.04 or .2 percent, to $17.41. General Motors Co. fell $.24 or .7 percent, to $34.21. Honda Motor Co. fell $.26 or .7 percent, ...
- Midday Glance: Consumer companies Associated Press - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
Shares of some top consumer companies are down at 1 p.m.: Clorox fell $.62 or .7 percent, to $88.05. Colgate-Palmolive Co. fell $.06 or .1 percent, to $66.30. Kimberly-Clark Corp. fell $1.10 or 1.0 percent, ...
- Midday Glance: Food companies Associated Press - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
Shares of some top food companies are down at 1 p.m.: ConAgra Foods Inc. fell $.13 or .4 percent, to $30.50. General Mills Inc. fell $.59 or 1.1 percent, to $51.92. Hormel Foods Corp. fell $.72 or 1.5 ...
- Middday Glance: Tools and Appliances companies Associated Press - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
Shares of some top tools and appliances companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: General Electric Co. rose $.10 or .4 percent, to $25.55. Snap-On fell $1.17 or .9 percent, to $122.44. Stanley Works fell $.25 or ...
- Midday Glance: Beverages companies Associated Press - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
Shares of some top beverages companies are down at 1 p.m.: Anheuser-Busch Inbev ADR fell $.25 or .2 percent, to $109.44. Coca-Cola Co. fell $.55 or 1.4 percent, to $39.80. Dr Pepper Snapple fell $1.00 ...
- Goodyear Tire revenue deflated by weak Latam, N.America Reuters - 2 hours 7 minutes ago
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co, the biggest U.S. tire maker, reported lower-than-expected quarterly revenue as it sold fewer tires to vehicle makers in North America and Latin America. Goodyear shares fell ...
- [$$] Samsung's Mobile Chief Feels Pressure Over Sales @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 17 minutes ago
The head of Samsung's mobile division, J.K. Shin, is facing pressure as weakening phone sales propel the company toward an expected third straight quarter of operating-profit declines when it reports results ...
- 3 Stocks Dragging The Consumer Goods Sector Downward @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 21 minutes ago
TheStreet highlights 3 stocks pushing the consumer goods sector lower today.
- LUX, CBD And WMT, Pushing Retail Industry Downward @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 21 minutes ago
TheStreet highlights 3 stocks pushing the retail industry lower today.
- Nine delicious, but unhealthy meals @ CNNMoney.com - 2 hours 21 minutes ago
Warning: These meals are hazardous to your health. Delicious, perhaps, but hazardous. French toast with enough saturated fat to last a week, a burger with more than three days worth of sodium and a stack ...
- Today's Stocks Driving Success For The Consumer Goods Sector @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 21 minutes ago
TheStreet highlights 3 stocks pushing the consumer goods sector higher today.
- 11,000 Kawasaki vehicles recalled for injury risk Associated Press - 2 hours 23 minutes ago
About 11,000 Kawasaki off-road vehicles are being recalled because debris can cut through the foot rest area and hurt riders' legs. The recall is for 2012 and 2013 Kawasaki Teryx4 750 vehicles with four-wheel ...
- [video] Uncomfortable ride in Whole Foods @ CNBC - 2 hours 30 minutes ago
Whole Foods will report Q2 earnings Wednesday afternoon. FMHR trader Mike Murphy of Rosecliff Capital, shares his expectations.
- Goodyear 2Q profit up 18 percent but shares slump Associated Press - 2 hours 36 minutes ago
- Who Is Eating McDonald's Lunch? Chipotle, El Pollo Loco And Regional Chains @ Forbes - 2 hours 46 minutes ago
Anyone closely following the recent revenue and earnings reports in the franchise industry will probably have noticed a sharp contrast between the McDonald’s and the Chipotle's reports. McDonald’s earnings and revenues have barely budged, while Chipotle’s earnings and revenues have been growing by leaps and bounds. Does …
- 3 Stocks Reiterated As A Buy: CMCSA, MCD, T @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
TheStreet Ratings team reiterated 3 stocks with a buy rating on Wednesday
- Sappi Saiccor Plant Said to Be Battling With Water Shortage @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 59 minutes ago
Sappi Ltd. (SAP) , the world’s biggest producer of dissolving wood pulp, is struggling to maintain cellulose production at its main South African plant because of a water shortage, said a person with knowledge of the matter. Sappi doesn’t “anticipate any disruption to production,” Andre Oberholzer, a spokesman for the …
- Hyundai recalls 883,000 late-model Sonatas to fix gear shifter @ Los Angeles Times - 3 hours ago
Hyundai said it will recall 883,000 Hyundai Sonata sedans from the 2011-2014 model years because of a problem with the gear shifter.
- UK gives green light to driverless cars @ Financial Times - 3 hours ago
Motor insurers will need to overhaul their business models to remain relevant in the coming decades executives and consultants said on Wednesday, after driverless cars were given the green light to drive ...
- McDonald's Loses Big Labor Ruling @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
At a time when labor groups are pressuring fast food restaurants to pay workers a minimum of $15 an hour and employees are pressing for the right to unionize, McDonald’s has suffered an adverse ruling from the National Labor Relations Board. The ruling could stretch beyond McDonald’s and affect how [...]
- Iconix Brand Group Beats on Q2 Earnings & Revenues; Ups View Zacks - 3 hours ago
Iconix Brand Group, Inc. (ICON) reported upbeat second quarter 2014 results, wherein both earnings and sales exceeded expectations. This clothing brand licensing company also raised its guidance for fiscal ...
- No steering wheel, no problem: Driverless cars set to hit U.K. roads @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
The driverless-car revolution is taking a big leap forward, with the U.K. saying trial runs of the cars on public roads will begin in less than six months.
- Lorillard's (LO) Q2 Earnings Miss Estimates, Sales Beat Zacks - 3 hours ago
Cigarette maker Lorillard Inc. (LO) reported adjusted earnings of 84 cents per share in the second quarter of quarter 2014, up 3.7% from the prior-year quarter.
- Goldman Sachs Predicts The Slow Decline Of Wal-Mart And Target Business Insider - 3 hours ago
The heyday of big box discount retailers is...
- Drop in e-cigarette sales hurts Lorillard profit Associated Press - 3 hours ago
Newport maker Lorillard Inc.'s profit fell 4.2 percent in the second quarter as sales of its market-leading Blu electronic cigarettes dropped and it sold fewer cigarettes. The nation's No. 3 tobacco company, ...
- Rock-Tenn, MeadWestvaco Studying MLP Structure for Mills @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
Rock-Tenn Co. (RKT) and MeadWestvaco Corp. (MWV) said they are among paper and packaging companies studying the possibility of creating master-limited partnerships for their mills. Adoption of the MLP ...
- Thomson Reuters reporta alza de ventas y ganancias Reuters - 3 hours ago
Por Jennifer Saba (Reuters) - La empresa de noticias e información financiera Thomson Reuters Corp reportó el miércoles ganancias mayores a las esperadas, apoyada en un crecimiento de las ventas de sus divisiones Legal y Tributaria y Contable. La compañía también anunció un plan para recomprar 1.000 millones de dólares …
- Pitney Bowes Q2 Earnings in Line, Revenues Up Marginally Zacks - 3 hours ago
Pitney Bowes Inc. (PBI) reported second-quarter 2014 adjusted earnings per share from continuing operations of 46 cents, in line with both the Zacks Consensus Estimate and prior-year quarter figure.
- Hyundai recalls 883,000 Sonatas @ CNNMoney.com - 3 hours ago
Hyundai is recalling 883,000 Sonata sedans, one of its most popular models, for a problem with its transmission that could cause the car to be in a different gear than shown on its dashboard. The recall ...
- Fiat 2Q profits drop by 55 percent Associated Press - 3 hours ago
Italian carmaker Fiat SpA, which controls Chrysler, on Wednesday said second-quarter profits dropped by more than a half due to lower performance in North and Latin America. Fiat, whose shareholders vote ...
- Goodyear 2Q profit rises 18 percent, to $213M Associated Press - 3 hours ago
Goodyear Tire's second-quarter earnings jumped 18 percent to $213 million, though revenue was softer than many had expected and volume slowed in Latin America. Shares slid 6 percent Wednesday. Overall ...
- U.K. to Test Driverless Cars on Public Roads Come January Entrepreneur - 3 hours ago
- Goodyear Earnings in Line, Up Y/Y on Replacement Demand Rise Zacks - 3 hours ago
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT) reported a 5.3% rise in earnings per share to 80 cents in the second quarter of 2014
- Driverless Cars Get Green Light for Road Testing in Britain @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
Driverless cars will be tested on U.K. roads starting in January, providing an opening for carmakers and technology companies as the government looks for ways to improve safety and lower pollution. Three cities will be chosen for a share of 10 million pounds ($17 million) to test driverless cars in trials lasting 18 months …