- Samsung Considering Shake-Up in Management @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
Samsung Electronics is considering a leadership shake-up, including installing a new mobile chief, according to people familiar with the matter, to revive its fortunes after a difficult year.
- Budweiser Ditches the Clydesdales for Jay-Z @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
AB InBev plans to concentrate future Budweiser promotions exclusively on the 21- to 27-year-old age bracket, after years of developing advertising and marketing that appeals to all ages.
- Post Shares Are Looking Soggy @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Ahead of the Tape: Disappointing performance at the food company’s legacy breakfast-cereal unit is expected to weigh down its results due Monday.
- Huawei aims to turbocharge design of self-driving vehicles @ Financial Times - 5 hours ago
Huawei Technologies is designing the communications architecture for a new generation of "autonomous" cars that will be connected to the high-speed internet, says Eric Xu, the company's chief ...
- ‘Hunger Games’ Falls Short of Predecessors Amid Tepid Rev @ Bloomberg - 7 hours ago
The latest film in “The Hunger Games” series fell short of its predecessors in its weekend debut, held back by tepid reviews and the picture’s absence from higher-priced Imax screens. “Mockingjay -- Part ...
- The 10 Best Cars For the Snow @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Find out if your car is ready to take on the winter weather with this list of the 10 best cars to drive in the snow.
- 'Hunger Games' Weekend Box Office: 'Mockingjay 1' Opens With "Just" $275M Worldwide @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part I, courtesy of Lionsgate (Lions Gate Entertainment), is the 28th film since May 2002 to open above $100 million over its Fri-Sun debut frame. It stands alongside the Harry Potter and the Twilight series as the only franchise to have three such debuts. It stands utterly alone as the only …
- Inhabitat's Week in Green: magnetic hoverboard, cardboard robots and a Toyota Prius camper @ Engadget - 9 hours ago
Each week our friends at Inhabitat recap the week's most interesting green developments and clean tech news for us -- it's the Week in Green. The Los Angeles Auto Show kicked off last week, and Inhabitat ...
- Millennials Like 'Organic'—Even if They Have No Idea What It Means The Atlantic - 11 hours ago
In August, The New York Times ran an essay by Sam Tanenhaus that sought to sketch a comprehensive portrait of Millennials. Tanenhaus, who labeled Millennials monolithically as "Generation Nice," ...
- Samsung files ITC complaint to block Nvidia chips from U.S. - Bloomberg Reuters - 20 hours ago
(Reuters) - South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co Ltd has filed a complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission seeking to block computer-graphics chips made by Nvidia Corp (NVDA.O) from the U.S. ...
- The 20 Best Wines In The World, According To Wine Spectator Business Insider - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 5:55 PM EST
Since 1988, Wine Spectator's editors have been...
- Drought revives 'forgotten art' at wineries: Farming without irrigation @ Los Angeles Times - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 5:00 PM EST
The gnarled zinfandel grapevines on Rich Czapleski's land have borne fruit for more than 100 years, producing dark, intense wines that exemplify the special growing conditions in this coveted winemaking ...
- 10 Sandwiches to Have Before You Die @ TheStreet.com - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 3:19 PM EST
We've dug in to give you a few deep cuts of some sandwiches you should try. Feast your eyes on this list. Here are 10 sandwiches you'll want to eat.
- Parlamento Europeo podría proponer dividir Google Reuters - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 3:01 PM EST
Por Alexei Oreskovic y Julia Fioretti y Alastair Macdonald (Reuters) - El Parlamento Europeo está preparando una resolución no vinculante que propone separar las actividades de motor de búsqueda de Google Inc en Europa del resto del negocio, con una opción posible para frenar el dominio de la compañía de internet en el …
- Samsung asks the US government to block NVIDIA's chips @ Engadget - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 3:01 PM EST
The patent war between NVIDIA and Samsung isn't going to wind down any time soon. Samsung has backed up its countering lawsuit against NVIDIA with a US International Trade Commission complaint asking the ...
- Lexus, Audi, Infiniti concept cars wow L.A. Auto Show @ USA TODAY - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 1:34 PM EST
They present a sweeping vision of the future
- The Stage Is Set For An Epic Finish At The World Chess Championship Business Insider - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 12:15 PM EST
On Friday at the World Chess Championship in...
- Old-School Games Get New Life Entrepreneur - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 12:00 PM EST
- The 3 Kinds Of Boots Men Need For Winter Business Insider - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 11:49 AM EST
Winter is coming, but is your footwear up to...
- Microsoft Is Losing Xbox One Momentum Due To 343's 'Halo: Master Chief Collection' Misdeeds @ Forbes - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 11:48 AM EST
Earlier this month, I wrote a piece saying that there was a never better time to buy an Xbox One than now. That was in the wake of Microsoft announcing a price cut of many of their most popular bundles from $400 down to $350, which, factoring the cost of a
- Here's The New 'Average' Barbie Doll — She Has Stretch Marks And Cellulite And Is Coming In Time For … Business Insider - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 11:33 AM EST
The real-life Lammily Dolls are coming in time for Christmas.
- 'Hunger Games' Friday Box Office: 'Mockingjay Part 1' Grosses "Only" $55M @ Forbes - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 10:36 AM EST
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part I earned $55 million on its opening day, including $17 million in Thursday previews, setting the course for a $125 million Fri-Sun debut. With numbers this grim, Lionsgate may cancel the franchise after just one more sequel! The first film to earn $20 million in a single day
- 5 Best Android Phones to Buy This Holiday Season for Anyone @ TheStreet.com - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 10:15 AM EST
The best money can buy. And, for some models, you need lots of it!
- Does Tiger Woods' Latest Disgrace Mark a New Low for the Golf Business? @ TheStreet.com - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 7:00 AM EST
Tiger Woods' new bad press either marks the bottom for the golf business or shows just how bad things are -- and they may get worse.
- The big boys climb into compact crossovers @ MarketWatch - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 6:00 AM EST
Although they look different, the BMW X4 xDrive35i and Lexus NX200t F Sport AWD are two flavors of the same sweet spot in the explosively growing compact crossover SUV market.
- Jim Cramer's Top Stock Picks: HPQ HOG BC PII ZTS EXAS @ TheStreet.com - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 6:00 AM EST
Cramer says Zoetis is leading the charge on animal health and he sees good things ahead for Exact Sciences.
- Giants Host Cowboys After Nine Straight Sunday Night Blowouts @ Bloomberg - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 12:01 AM EST
The National Football League’s Sunday night lineup has featured traditional rivalries, record-setting performances, the opening of a new stadium and, above all, blowouts. Nine straight nationally televised ...
- Successful Wireless Spectrum Auction Heats Up Dish Networks @ Barrons.com - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 12:01 AM EST
Review | Preview Temperatures across the country got cold in a hurry last week, but the actual airwaves have never been hotter. That’s the takeaway from the government’s latest spectrum auction, which ...
- Bills Offer Free Admission to Rescheduled Jets Game in Detroit @ Bloomberg - Sat, Nov 22, 2014 12:01 AM EST
The Buffalo Bills offered free admission to their rescheduled home game against the New York Jets, which was pushed back a day and moved to Detroit after a snowstorm left as many as 12 people dead in western ...
- You can finally watch Microsoft's 'E.T.' documentary on Xbox @ Engadget - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 11:02 PM EST
What a long, strange trip it's been. Microsoft's effort to document the excavation of all those fabled E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges from a New Mexico landfill -- and Atari's downfall -- is ...
- Gift Books: Food @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 9:46 PM EST
The perfect omelet from an ex-pat based in Paris, plus plenty more recipes from Yotam Ottolenghi.
- The Real Cost of a Can of Spam @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 9:46 PM EST
Journalists and foodies keep decrying industrialized farming and meat production. But what to do? You can’t change the system by shopping at a farmer’s market.
- Gift Books: Photography @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 9:45 PM EST
Pictures of the civil-rights movement by a master storyteller, rainbows over Western Ireland and Japanese photobooks.
- Coke’s Formula for Success @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 9:45 PM EST
Coke was an “outsourcing” pioneer —it shipped only syrup, not finished soda.
- Crystal Ball: Send Us Your Prediction for Tiffany Shares @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 9:44 PM EST
Our weekly stock-price feature looks at the luxury retailer.
- Growing a Second Green Revolution @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 9:42 PM EST
The ‘golden rice’ champion on the bewildering campaign to stop a miracle food that could save millions of children from blindness and death.
- Last Time Giants Faced Dallas, There Was Hope @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 9:40 PM EST
This week’s Giants are a much worse version of the team that played the Cowboys in Dallas five weeks ago.
- Detroit Feels Like Paradise to the Jets @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 9:40 PM EST
The relocation of game against the Buffalo Bills to Ford Field is serendipitous for New York for numerous reasons.
- How Players at MIT Engineered a Football Team @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 9:40 PM EST
This season, the football team of Massachusetts Institute of Technology is undefeated and made its first appearance in the NCAA’s Division III playoffs.
- Time in a Bottle: Can Napa Valley Cabernet Age? @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 9:40 PM EST
Lettie Teague goes on a California quest to discover whether (relatively) young producers can produce Cabernet Sauvignon that grows old gracefully.
- Belgian Loafers, Now in Bag Form @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 9:34 PM EST
A new line of handbags, Hayden Lasher, is inspired by the iconic shoe—bow included.
- Ford F-150 named 'Truck of Texas' @ USA TODAY - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 8:10 PM EST
The truck with the aluminum body wins
- These 4 Retailers Will Grab Bulk of Holiday Consumer Electronics Sales @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 7:34 PM EST
A survey by IHS reveals four retailers are set to capture the bulk of consumers electronics sales this holiday season. Guess which retailers score a visit from Santa?
- 4 new ways movie theaters are filling seats and upselling patrons @ Fortune - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 7:22 PM EST
The next time you go to the movies, you may be coaxed into spending a little extra money -perhaps for a beer, a toy your kid is begging for, or the right to watch a film over and over.
- Samsung Files Complaint to Block Nvidia Chips From U.S. @ Bloomberg - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 6:38 PM EST
Samsung Electronics Co. (005930) is seeking to block computer-graphics chips made by Nvidia Corp. (NVDA) from the U.S. market, escalating a battle begun after licensing talks failed. Samsung filed a complaint ...
- Cramer: Boats, bikes and snowmobiles, baby! @ CNBC - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 6:36 PM EST
Jim Cramer takes the pulse of the American consumer ahead of the holidays, by looking at these three stocks.
- Acuerdo de Apple por libros electrónicos recibe aprobación definitiva de tribunales Reuters - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 6:32 PM EST
Por Nate Raymond NUEVA YORK (Reuters) - Una jueza de Estados Unidos dio el viernes la aprobación final al acuerdo de Apple Inc de pagar 450 millones de dólares para resolver demandas de que perjudicó a los consumidores al conspirar con cinco editoriales para subir los precios de los libros electrónicos. Durante una audiencia …
- Toyota recalls leaky Lexus cars Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 6:18 PM EST
Some Lexus models may leak fuel, so the Japanese carmaker will recall 422,509 of the luxury brand vehicles in the U.S. The possible fuel leak can increase fire risk, the Nat'l Highway Traffic Safety Admin. ...
- Android Circuit: Samsung Switches To Tizen, Nokia's Android Tablet, Lollipop's Problematic Update @ Forbes - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 6:03 PM EST
This week’s Android Circuit highlights a number of stories including the return of Nokia to the consumer market with an Android tablet and launcher, Google aims Play at China, running Lollipop on a Nexus 7, the good and bad points of the Nexus 6, and how the iPhone will boost Samsung's income.
- Final Glance: Restaurant companies Associated Press - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 6:02 PM EST
Shares of some top restaurant companies were mixed at the close of trading: Brinker International Inc. rose $.07 or .1 percent, to $54.41. Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. fell $4.95 or .7 percent, to $657.88. ...