- California requires manual controls before Google's car hits public roads @ Engadget - 33 minutes ago
One of the unique features inside Google's self-driving car is that it doesn't sport a steering wheel or a set of pedals. That won't fly on public roads in California though, so the folks in Mountain View ...
- Truworths Shares Jump Most in Five Years as Profit Holds Steady @ Bloomberg - 41 minutes ago
Truworths International Ltd. (TRU) , a South African clothing retailer, maintained full-year profit and boosted sales even as rising unemployment and inflation hampered consumer spending. Truworths shares rallied 8.1 percent to 71.05 rand at the close in Johannesburg, the steepest jump since May 2009. “The expectation …
- Putin's War on McDonald's @ Bloomberg - 44 minutes ago
Russian health inspectors have shut down the Moscow McDonald's at 29 Bolshaya Bronnaya Street. When the McDonald's opened on Jan. 31 that year, it was the first in the Soviet Union and served 30,000 people, a one-day record for the company. Opening the restaurant had required years of negotiations, and McDonald's had …
- Honda to change bumpers on 12,000 subcompacts @ CNNMoney.com - 48 minutes ago
Honda is going to change the front bumpers on 12,000 Honda Fit subcompact cars so that they match those on a car that just earned a "Top Safety Pick" rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway ...
- Hormel Fattens Up Earnings On Pork, Turkey Margins @ Investor's Business Daily - 49 minutes ago
Hormel Foods (HRL) reported a meaty quarterly profit increase, topping analyst forecasts and driving shares up Thursday. The maker of Spam, Skippy peanut butter and Jennie-O Turkey said fiscal third-quarter ...
- Keurig Green Mountain: Expect Boost from Lower Coffee Prices @ Barrons.com - 50 minutes ago
Williams Capital Group's Marc Riddick explains why he raised his price target on Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR) to $131 from $125: We are increasing our 12-month price target to $131.00, up from our prior ...
- Cato posts 2Q profit Associated Press - 50 minutes ago
Cato Corp. (CATO) on Thursday reported fiscal second-quarter profit of $15.7 million, or 56 cents per share. The company, based in Charlotte, North Carolina, posted revenue of $246.5 million in the period. ...
- Honda will fix Fits after crash test prompts redesign of bumper @ Los Angeles Times - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
Honda is going to replace the front bumpers on about 12,000 Fits it has already sold because the small car failed a key crash test.
- Top 3 Yielding Buy-Rated Stocks: BMR, BPT, MAT @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
These 3 dividend stocks are rated a Buy by TheStreet
- Cramer: Hain Can Defy the Shorts @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
The market capitalization is simply too small for the opportunity.
- Credit Suisse’s Exstein Discusses Wal-Mart, Target (Audio) @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
Michael Exstein, an analyst at Credit Suisse Group AG, says "Wal-Mart is reviewing what it wants to be when it grows up" and Target has a "much bigger question" because of "an ...
- Cramer: This turkey producer could get gobbled up @ CNBC - 1 hour 32 minutes ago
This meat products company did so well in the third quarter that it's "working hard to stay independent," says CNBC's Jim Cramer.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 benchmarks suggest a 64-bit performance beast of a chip @ Gigaom - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
Watch for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to debut next month. While waiting, take a peek at these reported benchmarks for Samsung's new 64-bit Exynos chip expected to power the large-screened phone.
- Can You Trust Carfax? (Plus 4 Other Ways to Avoid Buying a Clunker) Money Talks News - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
Show me the Carfax. Remember when those commercials first hit the airwaves? It was only a matter of time before dealerships everywhere started touting a Carfax report with every used car. The reports promised ...
- Tokyo Governor Takes on Big Tobacco to Push Smoke-Free Olympics @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
Tokyo earned $1 million from an official Olympics-branded cigarette the last time it hosted the competition. Half a century on, Governor Yoichi Masuzoe is looking to restrict smoking before the 2020 Summer Games. “If I get cooperation from the Tokyo Assembly, we can pass an ordinance.” The proportion of smokers in Japan …
- Jim Cramer's Mad Dash: Hormel Foods Is Fabulously Well-Run @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
TheStreet's Jim Cramer has some positive comments on Hormel Foods, following the company's impressive earnings report.
- Why Hormel Foods (HRL) Stock Is Soaring Today @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
Hormel Foods (HRL) stock is rising after the company posted an increase in net earnings and sales for the 2014 third quarter.
- Honda to modify Fit to boost test score, calls back 12,000 cars Reuters - 2 hours 28 minutes ago
Honda said it would inform the affected 12,000 Fit owners late in September to bring the cars to dealers for the retrofit. Seven months ago, the IIHS said the 2013 model Honda Fit was one of the poorest performers among 11 subcompact cars tested to simulate what happens when the front corner of a vehicle hits another car, …
- Honda Upgrades Fit's Bumper to Improve Crash-Test Score @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 37 minutes ago
Honda Motor Co. (7267) , targeting a U.S. The 2015 Fit, the smallest auto Honda sells in the U.S., rated “Good” in four crash categories by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and “Acceptable” in the Arlington, Virginia-based safety group’s “small-overlap” test. The car had received a “Marginal” rating in the latter …
- [$$] Russia Steps Up the Pressure on McDonald's @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 40 minutes ago
Russian authorities said that they are now inspecting restaurants across the country for alleged sanitary violations, a day after they closed down three outlets in Moscow.
- Barbarian At The Gate: Hormel Foods (HRL) @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 50 minutes ago
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Hormel Foods (HRL) as a "barbarian at the gate" (strong stocks crossing above resistance with today's range greater than 200%) candidate
- Sears' Disturbing State Explained by This One Data Point @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 52 minutes ago
Sears had a terrible second quarter. One data point explains everything.
- Hain Celestial's Shares Surge 11% on Fantastic Q4 Earnings Zacks - 3 hours ago
The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (HAIN) ended fourth-quarter fiscal 2014 adjusted earnings per share of 90 cents grew 39% while beating the Zacks Consensus Estimate by a penny.
- Russia checks more McDonald's after closing 4 Associated Press - 3 hours ago
MOSCOW (AP) — Russia's food safety agency will conduct checks on McDonald's restaurants in the Ural region following food safety complaints, local news agencies reported Thursday, a day after four branches of the chain were shuttered in Moscow.
- Hormel Foods Q3 Earnings Beat Estimates, Outlook Maintained Zacks - 3 hours ago
Hormel Foods Corporation (HRL) reported earnings of 51 cents per share for the third-quarter of fiscal 2014 (ended Jul 27, 2014), up 21.4% year over year and above the Zacks Consensus Estimate of 48 cents. ...
- Will This Price Target Increase Help Hain Celestial (HAIN) Stock Today? @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
BMO Capital increased its price target on Hain Celestial (HAIN) to $105 and maintained its "outperform" rating on strong outlook for growth.
- Must-know: Wendy’s system optimization’s effects on other costs Market Realist - 3 hours ago
Due to the shift in restaurant responsibilities from the company to the franchisee, some of the costs included as a cost of sales moved to other operating expenses. For example, the company incurred $4.4 ...
- After Russia targets McDonald's, businesses wonder who's next Reuters - 3 hours ago
Russia said on Thursday it was investigating dozens of McDonald's (MCD.N) restaurants, in what many businessmen said was retaliation for Western sanctions over Ukraine they fear could spread to other symbols of Western capitalism. Russia's food safety watchdog said it was looking at possible breaches of sanitary rules …
- iPhone 6 Killers? Samsung, Sony And LG Ready Their Rival Devices For IFA 2014 @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
As Apple reportedly gears up for its September iPhone 6 launch, every other smartphone manufacturer will be watching with a close eye from IFA 2014 in Berlin. The annual consumer electronics show will take place in two weeks and we’re expecting to see a host of new TVs, smartphones, tablets [...]
- [video] Cashing in on used cars @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Profit margins on pre-owned vehicles jumped 13 percent from last year and have become far more profitable for dealers, reports CNBC's Phil LeBeau.
- Why You Should Buy a New Car This Month TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
An analysis of millions of U.S. auto purchases made over the past five years found that August is the best month for vehicle prices.
- Thinking About a New Car? Buy It Now @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
An analysis of millions of U.S. auto purchases made over the past five years found that August is the best month for vehicle prices.
- Hormel Foods 3Q results beat Street's view Associated Press - 4 hours ago
Hormel's fiscal third-quarter profit climbed 21 percent, buoyed in part by strong demand for pork and turkey. Its performance beat analysts' expectations. Shares rose in premarket trading on Thursday. ...
- Dear Sony, Here's Why So Many People Are Buying The PS4 @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
Sony itself is surprised by the massive success of the PS4 so far. But given the long wait, the low price and the base of gamers it could draw on, maybe it shouldn't have been. Still, keeping the momentum won't be easy.
- [video] Tale of two farmers @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Jerry Gulke, Gulke Group, and Bob McCan, National Cattlemen's Beef Association, weigh in on how beef and corn prices are impacting the commodities market and the consumer.
- McDonald's Closes 4 Moscow Outlets on Russian Agency Orders Zacks - 4 hours ago
Four McDonald's Corp. (MCD) restaurants in Moscow were reportedly shut down at the order of a Russian consumer-safety agency.
- Ford Looks to Actor McConaughey to Revive Lagging Lincoln @ Bloomberg - 4 hours ago
Ford Motor Co. (F) is turning to “The Lincoln Lawyer” actor Matthew McConaughey, star of the 2011 movie named for the automaker’s luxury line, to sell the brand to younger buyers after a 65 percent drop in sales since 1990. McConaughey, 44, will debut next month in an ad introducing Lincoln’s new MKC sport-utility vehicle. …
- [audio] Newscast: Bank of America close to a deal @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
Nestle has become the latest big food company to adopt animal welfare standards. MarketWatch's Ann Cates reports.
- [$$] Barclays Digs Doughnuts, Upgrades Dunkin' @ Barrons.com - 5 hours ago
Dunkin' Brands Group (DNKN:Nasdaq) By Barclays Capital ($44.05, Aug. 20, 2014) We are upgrading Dunkin' Brands to Overweight from Equal Weight and raise our price target to $51 from $48. We've always been intrigued by Dunkin's (DNKN) fundamental investment thesis, with valuation as our primary concern.
- [$$] Hormel Earnings Top Expectations @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Hormel Foods said its fiscal third-quarter earnings jumped 21%, as the packaged-foods maker reported strong profit gains and higher sales in its refrigerated-foods and Jennie-O Turkey Store segments.
- The Modest Pleasure of Boxed Wine The Atlantic - 5 hours ago
With the gentle pressure of my finger on the rubber spigot, the cardboard box on the kitchen counter steadily fills a glass with pinot noir. I know from experience that lugging four bottles of wine home from the store is less pleasant than toting a slender box.
- [video] Berkshire Settles, McDonald’s Moscow Closings @ Bloomberg - 5 hours ago
Aug. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Scarlet Fu reports on today’s top company news stories on “Bloomberg Surveillance.” (Source: Bloomberg)
- The Hain Celestial Group (HAIN) in Focus: Stock Surges 11% Zacks - 5 hours ago
The Hain Celestial Group (HAIN) was a big mover last session, as the company saw its shares surge over 11% on the day.
- 3D printer saves you money by using pellets instead of plastic filaments @ Engadget - 6 hours ago
If traditional printers use ink and toner cartridges, most commercial 3D printers use plastic filament spools to create the objects you want. These filaments, however, are typically made from plastic pellets, ...
- Russia's first McDonald's shut down @ CNNMoney.com - 6 hours ago
Russian officials have shut four McDonald's restaurants in Moscow, including the first to open in the city nearly 25 years ago at the end of the Cold War. McDonald's said the restaurants were closed Wednesday ...
- Credit card interest rates for Aug. 21, 2014 Bankrate.com - 6 hours ago
Interest Rate Roundup Mortgages CDs Auto Loans Home Equity Credit Cards Find the best credit card offers available. Credit Cards 13.02% (all fixed) 15.61% (all variable) Credit card rates were mixed this ...
- National mortgage rates for Aug. 21, 2014 Bankrate.com - 6 hours ago
Interest Rate Roundup Mortgages CDs Auto Loans Home Equity Credit Cards Find the best mortgage rates in your area. Mortgages 4.24% (30-year fixed) 0.28 (average points) Mortgage rates inched down this ...
- CD rates for Aug. 21, 2014 Bankrate.com - 6 hours ago
Interest Rate Roundup Mortgages CDs Auto Loans Home Equity Credit Cards Compare CD rates nationally and in your area. CDs 0.24% (1-year CD yields) 0.8% (5-year CD yields) Grab your socks -- they may be ...
- Auto loan rates for Aug. 21, 2014 Bankrate.com - 6 hours ago
Interest Rate Roundup Mortgages CDs Auto Loans Home Equity Credit Cards Find the best auto rates in your area. Auto Loans 4.03% (60-month, new car) 4.71% (36-month, used car) Average rates on new car loans ...
- Home equity loan rates for Aug. 21, 2014 Bankrate.com - 6 hours ago
Interest Rate Roundup Mortgages CDs Auto Loans Home Equity Credit Cards Find the best home equity rates in your area. Home Equity 4.94% (line of credit) 6.22% (loan) Rates on loans backed by home equity ...