- Lorillard CEO to get $44M after Reynolds merger Associated Press - 25 minutes ago
The CEO of Newport cigarette maker Lorillard Inc. is set to receive more than $44 million following the planned $25 billion merger with Reynolds American Inc., regulatory filings show. Murray Kessler is ...
- Toyota widens airbag recall. warns passengers @ USA TODAY - 27 minutes ago
Another 247,000 recalled for Takata airbags; don't carry front passengers until fixed, Toyota warns
- Toyota retools the 'plain vanilla' Camry @ CNBC - 27 minutes ago
Toyota last week previewed the updated Camry to the media, showing off its more sculpted and tech-savvy look.
- Chili's cook bares skin in kitchen @ USA TODAY - 34 minutes ago
Chili's fires cook who posted racy photos of himself in the kichen.
- Kate vs Kors? Why it's not a fair comparison @ CNBC - 42 minutes ago
Although many people draw parallels between Kate Spade and Michael Kors, one analyst said the two brands are not an accurate comparison.
- McDonald's Earnings: What To Watch @ The Wall Street Journal - 43 minutes ago
McDonald's earnings, scheduled before the market opens Tuesday, are expected to be hurt by a meat supplier problem in China.
- Adidas Gets an Offer for Its Flagging Reebok Brand @ The Wall Street Journal - 47 minutes ago
Adidas had grand plans when it acquired Reebok eight years ago. The German footwear and clothing company had designs on Nike, had designs on becoming the top dog of the sneaker world. It hasn't exactly ...
- New apps bring kids' playtime back to real world Reuters - 49 minutes ago
Parents eager to get their children away from television and video screens can turn to new apps that aim to get youngsters to learn while playing in the real world. New iPhone apps for children by companies such as Osmo and Tiggly are designed to help children learn spatial, language, counting and physics concepts while …
- Dow briefly turns positive; S&P 500 bounces back @ CNBC - 51 minutes ago
The Dow industrials fell on Monday after IBM cut its earnings forecast.
- Putin's Latest Target: More Than 200 Russian McDonald's @ BusinessWeek - 55 minutes ago
Roughly half of McDonald's locations in Russia are now under government investigation, according to the company, and a regulator has closed nine outlets in recent weeks
- CVS Smoke-Free Pharmacy Benefit Excludes Tobacco Selling Rivals @ Forbes - 57 minutes ago
CVS Health (CVS) confirmed its Caremark pharmacy benefit management subsidiary would sell a smoke-free drugstore network to employers and health plans that would provide subscriber discounts for using “tobacco-free” pharmacies. The move, which would benefit CVS Health pharmacies given the company's decision to stop selling …
- Coke Earnings: What To Watch @ The Wall Street Journal - 58 minutes ago
Coke is expected to announce up $1 billion of cost cuts over the next three to five years when the beverage company reports earnings before the market opens Tuesday.
- What to watch for in Coca-Cola earnings @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
Coca-Cola reports third-quarter results before the market opens on Tuesday, with some analysts expecting another tough quarter for the beverage giant.
- Transformers, Marvel toys power Hasbro quarterly profit Reuters - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
Hasbro's results were stronger than those of larger rival Mattel Inc (MAT.O), which last week posted its fourth straight quarterly fall in sales. Mattel has been facing a three-year slump in sales of its Barbie dolls. Hasbro, in contrast, reported a 5 percent rise in third-quarter sales in its girls' category, driven …
- Tribeca Enterprises and Lionsgate to Team Up on Subscription Video @ The New York Times - 1 hour 13 minutes ago
The new service, which is expected to start by June, will emphasize a curated selection of films intended for an art house audience.
- Only LeBron Can Sell Samsung Phones and Apple's Beats at the Same Time @ BusinessWeek - 1 hour 13 minutes ago
The two tech giants fight over market share and patents but not over the NBA superstar
- AAA Michigan: Gas prices unchanged in past week Associated Press - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
AAA Michigan says gasoline prices have held steady from last week for a statewide average of about $3.13 per gallon. The auto club said Sunday that's about 35 cents less than this time last year. The statewide ...
- Defect in Takata Air Bags Prompts Urgent Warning to Drivers @ The New York Times - 1 hour 47 minutes ago
The unusual action indicates a heightened concern among regulators over the air bags, which are linked to at least two deaths in the United States.
- Midday Glance: Restaurant companies Associated Press - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
Shares of some top restaurant companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: Brinker International Inc. rose $.14 or .3 percent, to $51.93. Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. rose $9.18 or 1.4 percent, to $650.90. Darden Restaurants ...
- Middday Glance: Tools and Appliances companies Associated Press - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
Shares of some top tools and appliances companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: General Electric Co. rose $.08 or .3 percent, to $24.90. Snap-On rose $.84 or .7 percent, to $123.19. Stanley Works fell $.39 or .5 ...
- Midday Glance: Food companies Associated Press - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
Shares of some top food companies are up at 1 p.m.: ConAgra Foods Inc. rose $.52 or 1.5 percent, to $34.17. General Mills Inc. rose $.49 or 1.0 percent, to $49.78. Hormel Foods Corp. rose $.97 or 1.9 percent, ...
- Midday Glance: Consumer companies Associated Press - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
Shares of some top consumer companies are up at 1 p.m.: Clorox rose $.69 or .7 percent, to $96.99. Colgate-Palmolive Co. rose $.37 or .6 percent, to $64.10. Kimberly-Clark Corp. rose $1.11 or 1.0 percent, ...
- Midday Glance: Beverages companies Associated Press - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
Shares of some top beverages companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: Anheuser-Busch Inbev ADR rose $.22 or .2 percent, to $106.67. Coca-Cola Co. rose $.29 or .7 percent, to $43.17. Dr Pepper Snapple rose $1.38 ...
- Midday Glance: Autos companies Associated Press - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
Shares of some top autos companies are up at 1 p.m.: Ford Motor Co. rose $.04 or .3 percent, to $14.06. General Motors Co. rose $.07 or .2 percent, to $30.31. Honda Motor Co. rose $.37 or 1.2 percent, ...
- How Reebok Lost Its Game: A Three-Sport Story @ BusinessWeek - 1 hour 53 minutes ago
would book roughly a 42 percent loss on Reebok if it accepts a $2.2 billion bid for the brand from a group of investors in Asia. When Adidas bought the brand in 2006, Reebok was still riding high on an endorsement deal with Jay Z, whose S. Carter sneakers were the brand’s fastest-selling shoes of all time. Football: Reebok’s …
- Google, Lionsgate team up to market 'Mockingjay' with video series @ Los Angeles Times - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
Lionsgate and Google announced they will bring the "Hunger Games" fictional world of Panem to fans with new original content.
- Hasbro Q3 Earnings Beat Views As It Leverages Movies @ Investor's Business Daily - 2 hours 3 minutes ago
Hasbro's (HAS) hand in the entertainment industry helped it leverage action-hero hits to increase product sales in the third quarter as the toy maker reported earnings that edged analyst expectations. ...
- Wanted: Cities interested in hosting 2024 Olympics Associated Press - 2 hours 5 minutes ago
- Honda, Acura announce new models headed to L.A. Auto Show @ Los Angeles Times - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
Honda and its luxury arm, Acura, will each be bringing some new sheet metal to the Los Angeles Auto Show, the automakers announced Monday.
- VF (VFC) Earnings Report: Q3 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
The following VF (VFC) conference call took place on October 20, 2014, 08:30 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- [video]Russian Regulators Audit 200 McDonald's Stores as Nine are Closed @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 40 minutes ago
McDonald's announced that the Russian regulators are auditing more than 200 of the company's approximately 450 restaurants in the country.
- The Beauty of the GPS Tracker Entrepreneur - 2 hours 42 minutes ago
- How Telematics Has Completely Revolutionized the Management of Fleet Vehicles Entrepreneur - 2 hours 42 minutes ago
- The Benefits of In-Car Technology Entrepreneur - 2 hours 42 minutes ago
- To franchisees, McDonald’s arches aren’t looking so gold @ Fortune - 2 hours 47 minutes ago
McDonald's franchisees reported that their same-store sales fell by 3.6 percent in September, according to a recent survey.
- Hasbro (HAS) Earnings Report: Q3 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 53 minutes ago
The following Hasbro (HAS) conference call took place on October 20, 2014, 08:30 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Mead Johnson Nutrition (MJN) Is Today's Unusual Social Activity Stock @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Mead Johnson Nutrition (MJN) as an unusual social activity candidate
- Amid Nike Wins, Reebok-Adidas Split Said To Be Urged @ Investor's Business Daily - 3 hours ago
As Nike (NKE) and smaller brands such as Under Armour (UA) continue to drive past Adidas AG and steal market share, Hong Kong-based Jynwel Capital and investors from Abu Dhabi are reportedly lining up ...
- Why Coca-Cola (KO) Stock Remains a 'Buy' at TheStreet @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
TheStreet Ratings team reiterates its 'buy' rating and ratings score of A on Coca-Cola (KO) stock.
- What to watch for in Ford earnings @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
These are rocky times for the auto maker, which has slashed 2014 profit estimates and faces sales weakness in key markets and uncertainties around new-vehicle launches.
- U.S. Senators seek antitrust scrutiny of Sysco deal to buy U.S. Foods Reuters - 3 hours ago
The top two lawmakers on the Senate's antitrust panel have urged regulators to scrutinize food distributor Sysco Corp's planned purchase of rival U.S. In a letter obtained exclusively by Reuters, Senators Amy Klobuchar and Mike Lee, the chairwoman and ranking member of the Senate's antitrust subcommittee, said the deal …
- ZTE ZMAX Review: Will Americans Go For a Smartphone From China? @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
ZTE's ZMAX for T-Mobile is a big, terrific Android smartphone especially considering its selling price.
- Toyota recalls 247,000 vehicles in U.S. over Takata air bags Reuters - 3 hours ago
Toyota Motor Corp <7203.T> recalled 247,000 cars, SUVs and pickup trucks in the United States on Monday because of potentially defective front passenger air bag inflators from Japan's Takata Corp (7312.T) that can rupture and spray metal shrapnel, according to U.S. The regional recalls by Toyota and other automakers including …
- Why Mead Johnson (MJN) Stock Is Falling Today @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
Mead Johnson (MJN) stock is lower this morning after rumors of its acquisition by Danone (DANOY) have quieted.
- JM Smucker (SJM) Is Today's Storm The Castle Stock @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
Trade-Ideas LLC identified JM Smucker (SJM) as a "storm the castle" (crossing above the 200-day simple moving average on higher than normal relative volume) candidate
- Hedge Fund Managers Greenblatt and Soros Are Betting On Mead Johnson Nutrition GuruFocus.com - 4 hours ago
In this article, let's take a look at Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN), a $18.56 billion market cap company that manufactures, distributes and sells infant formulas, children's nutrition and other ...
- S&P sube pero resultados de IBM arrastan al Dow Jones Reuters - 4 hours ago
Por Chuck Mikolajczak NUEVA YORK (Reuters) - Las acciones operaban mixtas el lunes en la bolsa de Nueva York, ya que si bien el S&P 500 y el Nasdaq registraban alzas modestas, el Dow Jones caía por unos decepcionantes resultados trimestrales de IBM. * Las acciones de IBM caían un 7,3 por ciento a 168,69 dólares, en el mayor …
- McDonald's Menu Is Driving Away Cash-Strapped Customers Business Insider - 4 hours ago
McDonald's menu is getting too expensive for...
- [$$] Toyota Recalling 247,000 Vehicles for Air Bags @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
Toyota Motor recalled 247,000 vehicles that have an air bag that can rupture and send shrapnel into the passenger compartment.
- Toys R Us ‘Breaks Bad’ with New Crystal Meth Toys @ Money - 4 hours ago
Parents aren't happy that the toy store chain is selling drug dealer dolls, complete with bags of crystal meth and sacks of cash.