- Why same-store sales declined for Bloomin’ Brands Market Realist - 21 minutes ago
Several factors such as traffic, ticket, pricing, product mix, weather, and macroeconomic factors impact same-store sales.
- Constellation Brands Earnings Driven by Beer Sales 24/7 Wall St. - 21 minutes ago
Constellation Brands reported disappointing second-quarter fiscal 2015 results before markets opened Thursday morning.
- [$$] Philips Hit By Fresh Compensation Claim @ The Wall Street Journal - 26 minutes ago
The Dutch electronics giant said that it is facing a claim of $394 million from Japan's Funai Electric Co. amid a dispute between the two companies over a collapsed deal.
- Will Nike (NKE) Stock Be Affected by Delay of LeBron 12 Basketball Shoes? @ TheStreet.com - 47 minutes ago
The launch of the new LeBron 12 basketball shoes, scheduled to go on sale worldwide on Oct. 11, will be delayed indefinitely due to a small cosmetic issue.
- Off topic: Bob Dylan lyrics, smell and death, illustrating science, samples at Costco @ San Jose Mercury News - 54 minutes ago
Bob Dylan-loving Swedish scientists. Study suggests decreasing sense of smell may be harbinger of impending death. An animated chart of butterflies, and other science illustrations at Tabletop Whale. And ...
- [video] Coca-Cola's new pay plan makes great sense: Buffett @ CNBC - 54 minutes ago
I tip my hat to them, says Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway chairman & CEO, weighing in on Coca-Cola's executive compensation plan.
- [$$] Constellation Buys Mexican Glass Plant @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Constellation Brands agreed to buy a Mexican glass factory from Anheuser-Busch InBev NV for $300 million. The spirits maker also posted lower-than-expected profit and revenue for the latest quarter.
- Makeshift system offers Detroit water hookup Associated Press - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
DETROIT (AP) — A makeshift system of plastic pipe, garden hoses, duct tape and towels is providing water service to a downtown Detroit coffeehouse and an adjoining jewelry store as city repairs to the water system are on hold.
- Bunker Busted: Why Netflix's New Deal Is A Sandler Trap @ Forbes - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
Netflix and Adam Sandler have made a deal that will result in four movies exclusive to the video streamer. Though it further demonstrates Netflix's increasing clout in Hollywood, it calls into question whether the company is serious about quality product. Sandler has made some of the worst-reviewed movies in recent memory …
- [video] Outlook on car sales promising @ CNBC - 1 hour 13 minutes ago
Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway chairman & CEO, and Larry Van Tuyl, Van Tuyl Group, discusses Berkshire's all cash deal to buy Van Tuyl Group and outlook on auto sales.
- [$$] Darden Touts Sales Growth @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
Darden, facing a proxy fight for control of its board, said sales increased for most of its chains in September and it expects earnings for the current quarter to come in at the higher end of its guidance....
- Story Stocks from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
Story Stocks from Briefing.com
- Musk teases something new from Tesla: The D CNNMoney.com - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
Elon Musk and his letters are at again. The Tesla Motors CEO who named his current car the Model S, and is close to the rollout of the Model X crossover vehicle, tweeted late Wednesday that it is "About ...
- [video] Movie biz 25 years from now... @ CNBC - 1 hour 28 minutes ago
CNBC's Julia Boorstin takes a look at the way viewers will likely consumer content in the year 2039.
- Constellation Brands profit, sales miss estimates @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 32 minutes ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Constellation Brands said it had net income of $196 million, or 98 cents a share, in its fiscal second quarter. The maker and distributor of such brands as Robert Mondavi wines, ...
- Morning Agenda: Used-Car Dealers Under Fire @ The New York Times - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
A loan fraud inquiry focuses on used-car dealerships. | Bond king’s mantra lives on at Pimco. | Bank of America chief adds chairman role. | Judge challenges sanctity of public pensions.
- Daimler cuts car market forecast as Europe wobbles Reuters - 1 hour 46 minutes ago
German luxury automaker Daimler (DAIGn.DE) has cut its growth forecast for the global car market, blaming cooler demand in emerging markets and a plunge in Russian sales which has put a fledgling European industry recovery in jeopardy. Speaking as the Paris auto show opened to the media on Thursday, Daimler chief executive …
- Bach: IOC will not reopen 2022 Olympic bid race Associated Press - 2 hours 6 minutes ago
- What to look for in Constellation earnings @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 23 minutes ago
Market observers have high hopes for spirits maker Constellation Brands Co. when it reports second-quarter earnings before the bell on Thursday, but the company does have a few detractors.
- Amazon to sell packaged food and beverages in India - Economic Times Reuters - 2 hours 31 minutes ago
- Pepsi’s New Green Cola Looks Exactly Like Coca-Cola’s New Green Cola Business Insider - 3 hours ago
Pepsi True looks very similar to Coke Life.
- Oslo 2022 Winter Olympics pullout no blow but changes needed - IOC Reuters - 3 hours ago
IOC head Bach said that Norway's decision to pull out was mainly "a political one" given the country's current minority coalition government. Norway's government withdrew Oslo's bid for the Winter Olympics on Wednesday, leaving Kazakhstan's Almaty and Beijing as the only two candidates, with the International Olympic Committee …
- ‘Angry Birds’ maker cutting 16% of workforce @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Rovio, maker of the “Angry Birds” mobile game, plans to cut up to 130 jobs as it struggles with slowing revenue and difficulties finding new growth.
- Can These 22 New Restaurant Foods and Drinks Feed Investors Too? @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Chain restaurants have released a dizzying number of new products in 2014. But are they really fueling their financials?
- 5 Ways You’re Being Duped by Food & Drink Labels @ Money - 3 hours ago
Think that "natural" food you're buying is made without artificial ingredients? Think again.
- Credit card interest rates for Oct. 2, 2014 Bankrate.com - 3 hours ago
Interest Rate Roundup Mortgages CDs Auto Loans Home Equity Credit Cards Find the best credit card offers available. Credit Cards 13.02% (all fixed) 15.66% (all variable) Credit card rates were mixed this ...
- National mortgage rates for Oct. 2, 2014 Bankrate.com - 3 hours ago
Interest Rate Roundup Mortgages CDs Auto Loans Home Equity Credit Cards Find the best mortgage rates in your area. Mortgages 4.27% (30-year fixed) 0.21 (average points) Mortgage rates fell slightly this ...
- Home equity loan rates for Oct. 2, 2014 Bankrate.com - 3 hours ago
Interest Rate Roundup Mortgages CDs Auto Loans Home Equity Credit Cards Find the best home equity rates in your area. Home Equity 4.78% (line of credit) 6.15% (loan) Rates on loans backed by home equity ...
- Auto loan rates for Oct. 2, 2014 Bankrate.com - 3 hours ago
Interest Rate Roundup Mortgages CDs Auto Loans Home Equity Credit Cards Find the best auto rates in your area. Auto Loans 4.02% (60-month, new car) 4.73% (36-month, used car) Rates on auto loans were unchanged ...
- CD rates for Oct. 2, 2014 Bankrate.com - 3 hours ago
Interest Rate Roundup Mortgages CDs Auto Loans Home Equity Credit Cards Compare CD rates nationally and in your area. CDs 0.26% (1-year CD yields) 0.84% (5-year CD yields) Prepare to have your mind blown: ...
- Toyota keeps European sales target despite Russian market slump Reuters - 3 hours ago
Toyota Motor Corp <7203.T> expects to ride out the worst effects of the slump in Russia's car market, a senior executive said at the Paris auto show, and is sticking to its target of increasing sales to a million vehicles in Europe next year. Though Russia's car sales this year could drop to their lowest level since the …
- Investor stays bullish on Pepsico optionMONSTER - 4 hours ago
A long-term trader is looking for Pepsico to rally by next spring. optionMONSTER's Heat Seeker system shows that a trader sold 4,333 January 95 calls for $1.75 and bought 4,378 April 97.50 calls for $2, ...
- Ad agency Publicis holds on to key Samsung contract: source Reuters - 4 hours ago
Ad agency Publicis has kept hold of a major contract with Samsung Electronics, a person familiar with the matter said, calming worries it would lose a client analysts estimated brought it some 70 million euros ($88 million) last year. "Publicis is the big winner. It has kept the budgets it had earlier with Samsung and …
- Europe's carmakers walk tightrope between low cost and high spec Reuters - 4 hours ago
- [$$] Samsung to Build Vietnam TV, Appliance Factory @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
In its latest effort to capitalize on Vietnam's cheap labor costs, Samsung Electronics will invest $560 million to build a new plant in the country to make TVs and other home appliances.
- [$$] The Good, the Bad and the Funky @ The Wall Street Journal - 6 hours ago
The top 10 moments from a month of runway shows that showcased the 1970s.
- Adam Sandler is making 4 movies for Netflix CNNMoney.com - 7 hours ago
Adam Sandler is coming to Netflix. The veteran comedian has agreed to produce and star in four feature films that will be released exclusively on the streaming video service. The deal is yet another effort ...
- [video] Ford did 'not have false sense of security': CEO @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Mark Fields, CEO of Ford Motor Company, says the company was not complacent and is "very confident" in its long-term strategy.
- Missed Loan Payment? Your Car Might Not Start Money Talks News - 8 hours ago
Subprime auto loans are on the rise in the U.S. In fact, nearly 1 in 3 auto loans goes to borrowers with not-so-great credit. Many of those subprime borrowers have a little extra incentive to pay their car loan on time: If they miss a payment, their car won’t start. “Now used in about one-quarter of subprime auto loans …
- [$$] Artwork Recalls Early Days for a Food Festival Guru @ The Wall Street Journal - 8 hours ago
Lee Brian Schrager's favorite possession in his Miami home is a print photo series by artist Barbara Kruger that he bought during the 1980s art boom.
- [$$] When Not to Wear Black Socks @ The Wall Street Journal - 8 hours ago
Teri Agins helps a couple settle a sock issue: Do black socks go with khakis?
- [$$] Constellation Brands Is Worth a Toast @ The Wall Street Journal - 8 hours ago
Ahead of the Tape: Constellation Brands shares have outperformed those of a host of peers in the alcoholic-beverage business over the past 12 months. The party is likely to continue.
- [$$] Maker of Painkiller Tries to Curb Abuse @ The Wall Street Journal - 8 hours ago
The maker of the opioid painkiller Zohydro ER submitted an application to the FDA for a new version that it contends will be less susceptible to abuse.
- [$$] New Pepsi Goes to Amazon @ The Wall Street Journal - 8 hours ago
PepsiCo is going to the Web to launch its newest soft drink, a mid-calorie soda called Pepsi True, which will be sold exclusively through Amazon.com.
- [$$] U.S. Car Buyers Offset Troubles Abroad @ The Wall Street Journal - 8 hours ago
American consumers are buying new cars and trucks at the strongest pace in years, offsetting car makers' troubles elsewhere and leading the biggest U.S. auto maker to forecast fat profits ahead.
- Dee Milliner to Return, as Jets Try to Replace Others @ The Wall Street Journal - 8 hours ago
Cornerback Dee Milliner will return for this Sunday's game, but now the Jets need to replace a few players on the offense. Meanwhile, coach Rex Ryan clarified comments that he makes personnel decisions ...
- [$$] The Best Japanese, Plus New York-Famous @ The Wall Street Journal - 8 hours ago
One of the best places in New York, according to Martha Stewart, plus seeing double with AndrewAndrew.
- Where Sanity Trumps Trendy @ The Wall Street Journal - 8 hours ago
Donohue's, an unassuming bar and restaurant on the Upper East Side, is having a renaissance. Maureen Donohue attributed her restaurant's second wind to its authenticity.
- With Four New Adam Sandler Films, Netflix Takes Aim at Theaters @ The New York Times - 9 hours ago
The company plans to announce on Thursday that it has struck a deal with the comedian to produce and star in four new feature films that will appear exclusively on the streaming service.
- [$$] Nike Delays Launch of LeBron 12s @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
Nike said the launch of the new LeBron 12 basketball shoes would be delayed indefinitely due to a small cosmetic issue it didn't identify.