- Bicycles That Blur the Line Between a Bike and a Car @ The Wall Street Journal - 29 minutes ago
Bicycles with integrated headlights, anti-theft systems and other auto-like features are making it safer—and more fun—to pedal the streets. A look at the Stromer ST2, Trek Lync and Denny.
- G.M. Recalls Impalas and Cadillacs Over Risk of Brake Fires @ The New York Times - 2 hours 20 minutes ago
The parking brake on the affected vehicles may remain partly engaged, causing the pads to generate enough heat to cause a fire.
- GM recalls 221,558 sedans for fire risk Associated Press - 4 hours ago
General Motors is recalling 221,558 Cadillac XTS and Chevrolet Impala sedans because the brake pads can stay partially engaged even when they're not needed, increasing the risk of a fire. The recall involves ...
- How to Thwart a Texting Driver @ The New York Times - 7 hours ago
Readers respond to “Hitting the Brake on Texting.”
- 5 reasons McDonald's is falling apart @ USA TODAY - 7 hours ago
The growing menu is causing delays and prep mistakes.
- Here's When You Should Buy Store-Brand Food Business Insider - 8 hours ago
Although millions of dollars in marketing is...
- GM Recalls Cadillacs, Impalas; Chrysler to Repair SUVs @ Bloomberg - 9 hours ago
The GM recall may affect 132,921 vehicles, including 2013 to 2015 Cadillac XTS models made from Feb. 14, 2012, to Aug. 22, 2014, and 2014 to 2015 Chevrolet Impalas made from Jan. 15, 2013, to Aug. 22, 2014, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said in a Sept. 19 statement posted on its website today. If the …
- GM recalls 205,000 Cadillacs, Impalas @ CNNMoney.com - 10 hours ago
Add 205,309 more cars to General Motors' recall tally. On Saturday, the automaker announced it was recalling Cadillac XTS and Chevrolet Impalas because of a problem with the electronic parking brake arm ...
- Chrysler recalling nearly 189,000 SUVs @ USA TODAY - 10 hours ago
Automaker needs to fix a fuel pump problem that can cause the vehicles to stall.
- Minecraft Deal Shows Desire for Intellectual Property Is No Game @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
They may not fetch the $2.5 billion Microsoft just paid for Minecraft developer Mojang, but video game properties are a key part of tech companies' device strategy.
- Just Cool Cars: This Alfa Romeo made history @ USA TODAY - 11 hours ago
The car helped reestablish designer Battista "Pinin" Farina after World War II
- ISIS Uses 'GTA 5' In New Teen Recruitment Video @ Forbes - 11 hours ago
Video Terrorist group ISIS has combined brutality with social media acumen to become one of the most feared and reviled organizations on earth in recent months, publicly releasing videos of beheadings of American and British hostages in addition to broadcasting other unspeakable acts of violence. Their latest video isn't …
- 2015 Hyundai Tucson fuel cell a gem @ USA TODAY - 12 hours ago
What we mainly like about the Tucson fuel cell is that it looks, feels and drives very much like a conventional Tucson.
- Why Minivans Make Chrysler and Honda Fall Favorites Among Buyers @ TheStreet.com - 13 hours ago
Chrysler, Honda and Toyota all count minvans among their top-selling vehicles, while Kia is giving its new minivan a big push. Families are buying into them in a big way.
- Guilty verdict in peanut trial should send warning Associated Press - 13 hours ago
- Squeeze A Greenback Out Of Your Latte @ Investopedia - 14 hours ago
Stick to your budget every day with these 15 simple tips.
- Sean Combs finds a $39-million spot to display his Grammys @ Los Angeles Times - 14 hours ago
Sean John Combs, a.k.a. Puff Daddy, P. Diddy or just plain Diddy, has bought a newly built mansion on the Westside for $39 million.
- Sony brings Video Unlimited to Mac and PC browsers everywhere @ Engadget - 15 hours ago
A lack of its own new PCs to use the service on isn't stopping Sony from bringing its Video Unlimited platform to the web. As the beleaguered electronics outfit notes on the PlayStation Blog of all places, ...
- BMW 2-series convertible comes to U.S. in 2015 @ MarketWatch - 16 hours ago
The BMW 2-series coupe stands as one of the most fun, focused vehicles currently offered by the German auto maker, particularly in the not-quite-an-M-car M235i spec. It’s coming to the U.S. in 2015.
- Chile's Fallen Merlot Ripens Into a Fabulous, Exotic Carménère @ The Wall Street Journal - 17 hours ago
In 1994, the grape that Chilean growers called Merlot was found to be Carménère, an almost-extinct variety from Bordeaux. Today, it yields a delicious, unique wine.
- Mail-Order Ice Cream and Easy-As-Pie Cake Mixes @ The Wall Street Journal - 17 hours ago
DIY Desserts-In-A-Box from Jenny McCoy and Ample Hills' famous saltine-studded Salted Crack Caramel ice cream, shipped straight to your door.
- Chef Jesse Schenker on Family-Friendly Meals @ The Wall Street Journal - 17 hours ago
The acclaimed chef and father of two talks string cheese, the best pan for making egg-in-a-hole and music to cook by.
- Photography Exhibitions Focusing on Issei Suda, Chris Marker and Matt Black @ The Wall Street Journal - 17 hours ago
A review of photography exhibitions focusing on Issei Suda, Chris Marker and Matt Black.
- City Harvest's Bow Ties & Burgers Event Raises Over $100,000 @ The Wall Street Journal - 17 hours ago
City Harvest hosted a rooftop party in Chelsea, the theme of which was Bow Ties & Burgers, and raised more than $100,000 for the nonprofit.
- Baseball's Science Experiment @ The Wall Street Journal - 17 hours ago
Can you rewire a batter's brain? As hitting keeps becoming harder in Major League Baseball, teams are turning to neuroscience for help.
- [$$] Sizing Up Microsoft's Payout @ Barrons.com - 18 hours ago
Big tech companies sit on mountains of cash, and investors continue to clamor for a bigger chunk of it. The world's No. 1 software manufacturer, Microsoft had $86 billion in cash at last count. Founded ...
- [$$] Boarding Mexico's Milk Truck @ Barrons.com - 18 hours ago
Local companies have an edge over huge multinational competitors in adapting to uncertainty and harnessing population and consumption growth in emerging markets. One example is Grupo Lala (ticker:ticker::LALAB.Mexico), Mexico's dominant dairy company, which has a market value of 80 billion pesos ($6 billion). Lala controls …
- Walmart’s New Employee Dress Code Sparks Debate Money Talks News - 22 hours ago
Many Walmart employees are not happy that the retail giant is revising its dress code. Updating a work wardrobe can be costly, and many Walmart associates have complained that they can’t afford the new look. According to The Huffington Post, the new dress code requires workers to wear a collared blue or white shirt, black …
- [$$] International Paper: The Next Big MLP Play? @ Barrons.com - 22 hours ago
International Paper , Rock-Tenn , and KapStone Paper and Packaging -- could significantly boost their stock prices by forming master limited partnerships for many of their mills. Since then, two of the three, International Paper and Rock-Tenn, said they would consider creating MLPs. The creation of MLPs could boost …
- Dressed For Success In Fighting City Hunger @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 9:50 PM EDT
City Harvest hosted a rooftop party in Chelsea, the theme of which was Bow Ties & Burgers, successfully raised over $100,000 for the nonprofit.
- [$$] Blooms Frozen in Time And a Journey Home @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 9:50 PM EDT
Issei Suda (b.1940) grew up in Japan at a time of rapid cultural transformation, but the old ways still had purchase, and the inclusion of flowers in his photographs is one of the ways Mr. Suda recognizes them. In "Kanagawa Kinugasa, June 2, 1975," an elderly woman in a kimono sits on some concrete steps holding a spray …
- 'Bloodborne' Tokyo Game Show Trailer Shows Multiplayer In Action @ Forbes - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 9:33 PM EDT
The new 'Bloodborne' trailer from TGS shows off multiplayer for the first time.
- F.D.A. Plans to Revise Food Safety Rules @ The New York Times - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 8:15 PM EDT
To account for concerns raised by small brewers, cheese producers and others, the agency revised provisions for water testing, manure, compost and spent grains.
- Big Factories Go to Work on Biofuel @ The New York Times - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 8:04 PM EDT
One commercial plant opened this month and two others are close, but technical and economic hurdles remain.
- How Does the Moto 360 Smartwatch Stack Up to Competitors? @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 7:49 PM EDT
Investors itching to get a piece of the nascent but growing wearables market should ask themselves one question: What features do they want on their smartwatch? Check Out These Answers
- Red Bull Global Rallycross a showcase for compact cars @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 7:39 PM EDT
If anything is going to capture the fleeting attention of millennials, it might look like the spectacle at the Port of Los Angeles this weekend: 600-horsepower hatchbacks racing on a half-paved, half-dirt ...
- 3 guilty in Ga. salmonella-tainted peanut trial Associated Press - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 7:36 PM EDT
- Production at Arizona factory at standstill Associated Press - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:58 PM EDT
The production of pet food at a Flagstaff factory where an explosion injured four contract workers isn't expected to resume for several weeks. Officials from Nestlé Purina said Friday that the ingredient ...
- Final Glance: Restaurant companies Associated Press - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:02 PM EDT
Shares of some top restaurant companies were mixed at the close of trading: Brinker International Inc. rose $.09 or .2 percent, to $51.77. Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. fell $.23 or percent, to $664.09. ...
- Final Glance: Consumer companies Associated Press - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:02 PM EDT
Shares of some top consumer companies were mixed at the close of trading: Clorox rose $.67 or .7 percent, to $90.57. Colgate-Palmolive Co. fell $.03 or percent, to $65.28. Kimberly-Clark Corp. rose $.21 ...
- Final Glance: Beverages companies Associated Press - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:02 PM EDT
Shares of some top beverages companies were mixed at the close of trading: Anheuser-Busch Inbev ADR rose $.10 or .1 percent, to $114.81. Coca-Cola Co. rose $.26 or .6 percent, to $42.05. Dr Pepper Snapple ...
- Final Glance: Tools and Appliances companies Associated Press - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:02 PM EDT
Shares of some top tools and appliances companies were mixed at the close of trading: General Electric Co. rose $.08 or .3 percent, to $26.29. Snap-On fell $1.48 or 1.2 percent, to $123.85. Stanley Works ...
- Final Glance: Food companies Associated Press - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:02 PM EDT
Shares of some top food companies were mixed at the close of trading: ConAgra Foods Inc. rose $.13 or .4 percent, to $33.61. General Mills Inc. rose $.06 or .1 percent, to $51.28. Hormel Foods Corp. fell ...
- Final Glance: Autos companies Associated Press - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:02 PM EDT
Shares of some top autos companies were mixed at the close of trading: Ford Motor Co. rose $.07 or .4 percent, to $16.65. General Motors Co. fell $.09 or .3 percent, to $33.94. Honda Motor Co. fell $.07 ...
- Pabst Brewing to be sold to Russian company @ USA TODAY - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 5:50 PM EDT
Pabst Brewing traces its roots back to 1844 in Milwaukee.
- Expenses Weigh On Sysco's Bottom Line @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 5:45 PM EDT
Food distributor Sysco (SYY) continues to grow its top line, but its bottom-line growth remains challenged. In the past six quarters, sales grew 3% to 6%. The firm has posted 16 straight quarters of single-digit ...
- FDA revises food safety rules due next year @ USA TODAY - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 5:29 PM EDT
Farmers had complained that the regulations could hurt their business.
- Here's Your First Look At What May Be Samsung's Next Metal Galaxy Phone Business Insider - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 5:12 PM EDT
Samsung's recently announced Galaxy Alpha is...
- U.S. Restaurants Slog Through a Weak Industry Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:40 PM EDT
Increasing food costs, weak consumer spending environment and a few political and general issues have kept the industry under pressure.
- Pabst Blue Ribbon Sells for $700 Million: The Long Life of an OK Beer @ BusinessWeek - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:36 PM EDT
Pabst's no-advertising strategy has paid off for the past 30 years