- Bombardier's larger CSeries jet to begin flight testing Reuters - 3 hours ago
Bombardier Inc confirmed on Thursday that it will begin long-delayed flight testing on Friday on the CS300 - the larger version of its new CSeries narrow-body jet. The first flight, which had been scheduled ...
- Final Glance: Tools and Appliances companies Associated Press - 5 hours ago
Shares of some top tools and appliances companies were down at the close of trading: General Electric Co. fell $.02 or .1 percent, to $25.89. Snap-On fell $.87 or .6 percent, to $147.21. Stanley Works ...
- Iberdrola's $3B deal creates mega utility in the Northeast @ The Business Journals - 5 hours ago
A $3 billion deal will unite Iberdrola USA, parent to Portland-based Iberdrola Renewables, with UIL Holdings Co. to create a massive power and utility company serving 3.1 million customers in New York, Connecticut, Maine and Massachusetts. Iberdrola USA, the U.S. subdivision of the Spanish energy giant Iberdrola SA, will …
- Move Beyond Just Managing Into the Fertile Turf of Mentorship Entrepreneur - 6 hours ago
- Feeling Mixed Up: Stocks End Mixed as Jobless Claims Jump, Core Inflation Surprisingly Strong @ Barrons.com - 6 hours ago
Stocks finished mixed today after jobless claims rose the most since Dec. 2013, while one measure of inflation was surprisingly strong. The S&P 500 fell 0.2% to 2,110.74, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1% to 18,214.42. The consumer price index fell 0.7% in January from December, but Core CPI, which excludes …
- MetLife’s US Retail business becomes a profitable franchise Market Realist - 7 hours ago
MetLife is working to develop direct sales channels, which would reduce the share of agent commissions in operating costs.
- Middday Glance: Tools and Appliances companies Associated Press - 9 hours ago
Shares of some top tools and appliances companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: General Electric Co. rose $.01 or percent, to $25.92. Snap-On fell $.55 or .4 percent, to $147.53. Stanley Works fell $.08 or .1 percent, ...
- USD/CHF Elevator Down…Stairs Up DailyFX - 10 hours ago
USD/CHF Elevator Down…Stairs Up
- Gold Price Rebounds…Above 1245 Would be Significant DailyFX - 10 hours ago
Gold Price Rebounds…Above 1245 Would be Significant
- USD/CAD Bullish Outside Day at Range Lows; Triangle Still Favored DailyFX - 10 hours ago
USD/CAD Bullish Outside Day at Range Lows; Triangle Still Favored
- GBP/USD Drops into Median Line DailyFX - 10 hours ago
GBP/USD Drops into Median Line
- USD/JPY 20 Day ATR is Lowest Since October DailyFX - 10 hours ago
USD/JPY 20 Day ATR is Lowest Since October
- USDOLLAR Holds Range Lows; Engulfs Prior 9 Days DailyFX - 10 hours ago
USDOLLAR Holds Range Lows; Engulfs Prior 9 Days
- MetLife is a leading player in the US insurance industry Market Realist - 11 hours ago
MetLife intends to grow its retail business and expects low single-digit growth in the long term.
- GBP/USD Rebound Stalls at Former Support- Bearish RSI Break in Focus DailyFX - 11 hours ago
GBP/USD Rebound Stalls at Former Support- Bearish RSI Break in Focus
- Cramer: 'Takeover Thursday' Shows M&A Activity Remains Healthy @ TheStreet.com - 11 hours ago
Jim Cramer takes a look at a number of deals in what he's calling 'Takeover Thursday,' including Avago Technologies buying Emulex and Iberdrola buying UIL Holdings.
- Early Glance: Tools and Appliances companies Associated Press - 12 hours ago
Shares of some top tools and appliances companies are down at 10 a.m.: General Electric Co. fell $.07 or .3 percent, to $25.84. Snap-On fell $.68 or .5 percent, to $147.40. Stanley Works fell $.26 or .3 ...
- Spain's Iberdrola to Fuse Its U.S. Unit with UIL in $3 Billion Deal @ TheStreet.com - 12 hours ago
The companies say the union of the two utilities will allow them to 'aggressively pursue' opportunities in sectors including wind power.
- Israel bourse to change rules, offer listings incentives - CEO Reuters - 13 hours ago
The Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE) will change rules and offer incentives to medium-sized companies to chose initial public offerings over mergers and acquisitions, its chief executive said, as the bourse tries to stem falling trading volumes. The TASE - which is in the process of demutualising - has suffered shrinking …
- Siracusano Highlights Advantages of Currency Hedged ETFs ETF Trends - 14 hours ago
WisdomTree (NasdaqGM: WETF) Chief Investment Officer Luciano Siracusano discusses the advantages of currency hedged exchange traded funds with ETF Trends Publisher Tom Lydon at the ETF.com Inside ETFs ...
- Price & Time: USD/CAD On Shaky Ground? DailyFX - 14 hours ago
Price & Time: USD/CAD On Shaky Ground?
- 3 Tax-Efficient Retirement Saver Portfolios @ Morningstar - 16 hours ago
We've designed these portfolios to maximize returns while limiting Uncle Sam's take.
- 3 Tax-Efficient 'Bucket' Portfolios for Retirees @ Morningstar - 16 hours ago
Our model portfolios are designed to facilitate in-retirement cash flows--and to limit Uncle Sam's take.
- Transocean Partners misses 4Q profit forecasts Associated Press - 16 hours ago
On a per-share basis, the Aberdeen Scotland, United Kingdom-based company said it had net income of 28 cents. The results did not meet Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of analysts surveyed ...
- United Tech CEO admits error for comment about state's cost Associated Press - 16 hours ago
The chief executive officer of United Technologies Corp. says he was wrong when he said nearly five years ago that Connecticut is a costly place to do business. CEO Greg Hayes and Gov. Dannel P. Malloy ...
- Spain's Iberdrola to buy UIL Holdings for about $3 billion Reuters - 17 hours ago
A world leader in wind turbines, Iberdrola joins other European companies seeking to grow via acquisitions outside sluggish domestic markets. Last year, German engineer Siemens (SIEGn.DE) agreed to buy U.S. turbine maker Dresser-Rand (DRC.N). Iberdrola's earnings have been hit hard by Europe's economic crisis, as well …
- Spain's Iberdrola to buy UIL Holdings for about $3 bln Reuters - 17 hours ago
Spanish utility Iberdrola SA will buy UIL Holdings Corp for about $3 billion to create a new listed power and gas company and expand in the United States, where it hopes to offset falling profits at home. A world leader in wind turbines, Iberdrola joins other European companies seeking to grow via acquisitions outside …
- US Dollar May Fall if Soft Core Inflation Data Cools Fed Rate Hike Bets DailyFX - 21 hours ago
US Dollar May Fall if Soft Core Inflation Data Cools Fed Rate Hike Bets
- Bill Nygren Buys, Comments on 2 Stocks in Q4 GuruFocus.com - 22 hours ago
Bill Nygren (Trades, Portfolio) manages the Oakmark Fund, which focuses on large-cap stocks in the U.S.
- Iberdrola builds US presence with UIL deal @ Financial Times - 23 hours ago
As Iberdrolastruggles in its home market, the Spanish power generator aims to expand its footprint in the US. The US arm of Iberdrola said it had agreed to purchase Connecticut-based energy delivery company ...
- EM ASIA FX-Won, ringgit dip; Taiwan dollar rises Reuters - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 8:47 PM EST
Feb 26 (Reuters) - The following table shows rates for Asian currencies against the dollar at 0138 GMT. CURRENCIES VS U.S. DOLLAR Change on the day at 0138 GMT Currency Latest bid Previous day Pct Move ...
- GBP/JPY Technical Analysis: Poised to Challenge 185.00 DailyFX - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 7:49 PM EST
GBP/JPY Technical Analysis: Poised to Challenge 185.00
- Mideast boosting United Tech Investor's Business Daily - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 6:46 PM EST
United Technologies' (UTX) Sikorsky Aircraft unit expects to sell 400 helicopters to Middle East nations over the next 5-10 years. The region's need to modernize its transport systems is driving demand, ...
- MetLife is delivering well in the strategy front Market Realist - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 6:05 PM EST
MetLife targeted $1 billion in expense savings, which the company is on track to achieve in 2015. Cumulative expense savings in 2014 exceeded $910 million.
- USD/CHF Technical Analysis: Move Lower Hinted Ahead DailyFX - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 5:23 PM EST
USD/CHF Technical Analysis: Move Lower Hinted Ahead
- GBP/USD Technical Analysis: Nearing Long Trade Target DailyFX - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 5:23 PM EST
GBP/USD Technical Analysis: Nearing Long Trade Target
- USD/JPY Technical Analysis: Marking Time at Channel Floor DailyFX - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 5:16 PM EST
USD/JPY Technical Analysis: Marking Time at Channel Floor
- Why industrial production disappointed in January 2015 Market Realist - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 5:06 PM EST
Industrial production rose 0.2% in January 2015. This was less-than-expected. It fell by a downwardly revised 0.3% pace in December 2014.
- MetLife will pay gov't $123.5M in mortgage settlement Associated Press - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 2:17 PM EST
MetLife's home lending unit will pay $123.5 million to end an investigation into allegations it gave government-backed mortgages to people who didn't meet federal requirements. The Justice Department said ...
- Make Your Retirement Savings Last a Lifetime Kiplinger - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 12:40 PM EST
To boost a nest egg's longevity, advisers and academics are increasingly turning to 'dynamic' drawdown strategies that adapt to changing circumstances.
- South Africa 2015 Budget: Could Tax Reforms Stifle Economic Growth? DailyFX - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 11:56 AM EST
South Africa 2015 Budget: Could Tax Reforms Stifle Economic Growth?
- TJX tops 4Q Wall Street expectations, outlook falls short Associated Press - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 10:16 AM EST
The TJX Cos., the parent of T.J. Maxx, Marshalls and other stores, on Wednesday reported fiscal fourth-quarter net income that beat Wall Street expectations. The Framingham, Massachusetts-based company ...
- United Tech's Sikorsky Sees Robust Mid east Demand @ Investor's Business Daily - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 9:26 AM EST
United Technologies' (UTX) Sikorsky Aircraft unit expects to sell as many helicopters to the Middle East in the next several years as it has delivered to the region to date. The maker of the Black Hawk ...
- EURUSD False Breakout DailyFX - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 9:20 AM EST
EURUSD False Breakout
- The 3 Best Ways to Boost Your Earnings This Year @ Money - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 6:00 AM EST
To pump up your salary, switch up your career routine.
- Raid IRA to get into a senior retirement community? Bankrate.com - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 5:00 AM EST
I am considering moving into a Continuing Care Retirement Community, or CCRC. I am 72 and retired (except for a couple days a week as an adjunct instructor at a local college, which will end when I move into the CCRC). I have plenty of money in my IRA to cover the cost, but I'm not sure I could replace it within 60 days …
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal? Bankrate.com - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 5:00 AM EST
If you have a fixed-rate mortgage, with its associated amortization schedule, can't you achieve a significantly higher "return" by making additional principal payments at the top end of the amortization schedule? For example, say your mortgage payment is $1,000, comprised of $100 toward the principal and $900 in interest. …
- Singapore Exchange CEO to Leave Firm @ The Wall Street Journal - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 1:37 AM EST
Singapore Exchange said Tuesday that Chief Executive Magnus Bocker has decided to leave the company in June.
- Safran Profit Rises on Strong Jet Demand @ The Wall Street Journal - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 1:00 AM EST
French aerospace supplier Safran said adjusted profit rose 4.6% last year and should grow further this year amid strong demand for commercial airliners.
- Aussie, Kiwi Dollars Rise on Chinese PMI Data and Risk Appetite DailyFX - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 12:26 AM EST
Aussie, Kiwi Dollars Rise on Chinese PMI Data and Risk Appetite