- Do financial advisors need to meet quotas? @ Investopedia - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 5:39 PM EDT
Learn why financial advisors who receive guaranteed salaries from their employers usually have quotas, and understand what happens when you fail to hit your quota.
- 'Dragon Quest Builders' is a shallower, more polished 'Minecraft' @ Engadget - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 3:49 PM EDT
It's like a very, very well-done mod. In Dragon Quest Builders, Square Enix has taken the thrill and almost tangible joy of building your own world, and coated it in a deep, glossy layer of Dragon Quest ...
- GBP/USD Pivots Near Wave Measurement Confluence DailyFX - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 1:32 PM EDT
GBP/USD Pivots Near Wave Measurement Confluence
- GBP/USD Topside Targets in Focus Amid Tightening Race Between BoE/Fed DailyFX - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 12:50 PM EDT
GBP/USD Topside Targets in Focus Amid Tightening Race Between BoE/Fed
- The Weekly Volume Report: Accumulation or Distribution in USD/JPY? DailyFX - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 10:15 AM EDT
The Weekly Volume Report: Accumulation or Distribution in USD/JPY?
- Price & Time: USD/CAD - Important Test Of Support Today DailyFX - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 9:15 AM EDT
Price & Time: USD/CAD - Important Test Of Support Today
- This Trillion-Dollar Portfolio Offers Double the Dividend Yield of the S&P 500 @ Motley Fool - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 6:58 AM EDT
Does a 4.2% dividend yield sound good to you? Then take a gander at this trillion-dollar mega-cap portfolio.
- Bramson calls for fresh vote on Electra boardroom revamp Reuters - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 3:58 AM EDT
Activist investor Edward Bramson has launched a fresh bid to shake up the management of Electra Private Equity (ELTA.L), the company said on Friday, less than a year after he lost a shareholder vote to join its board. The board of Electra said it had received on Thursday a requisition for a general meeting from Bramson's …
- Aussie, NZ Dollars Rise as Euro Falls Amid Post-FOMC Correction DailyFX - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 2:03 AM EDT
Aussie, NZ Dollars Rise as Euro Falls Amid Post-FOMC Correction
- With no U.S. trade loans, GE to build turboprop engines in Europe Reuters - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 2:07 PM EDT
WASHINGTON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - Turning up the pressure on Congress to revive the U.S. Export-Import Bank, General Electric Co (GE.N) said on Thursday it would open a new development center for turboprop engines in Europe because it cannot access U.S. export financing. The GE's move was the latest effort by a big company …
- United Tech unlikely to grow earnings by 10 percent in 2016, CEO says Reuters - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 1:59 PM EDT
“That’s always the goal for UTC – double-digit earnings growth forever," CEO Greg Hayes told a Morgan Stanley investor conference. The comments seem to fall in line with Wall Street's general thinking: Analysts on average have been expecting UTC to increase earnings per share by 9.3 percent next year, according to Thomson …
- United Tech unlikely to grow earnings by 10 pct in 2016, CEO says Reuters - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 1:57 PM EDT
United Technologies Corp is unlikely to hit its traditional target of growing earnings by at least 10 percent in 2016, as it confronts challenges to its jet engine and China businesses, the U.S. conglomerate's chief executive officer said on Thursday. "That's always the goal for UTC - double-digit earnings growth …
- Why GE Will Get $3 Billion Less From Synchrony Share Swap @ TheStreet.com - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 1:12 PM EDT
GE will get less money to return to investors from its Synchrony share swap than CEO Jeffrey Immelt projected.
- Gold Prices Show Signs of Life DailyFX - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 11:30 AM EDT
Gold Prices Show Signs of Life
- British Pound May Drop, but We’re Waiting for Bigger Shift in Sentiment DailyFX - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 11:30 AM EDT
British Pound May Drop, but We’re Waiting for Bigger Shift in Sentiment
- We’ll Wait to See Major US Dollar Breakout versus the Yen DailyFX - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 11:30 AM EDT
We’ll Wait to See Major US Dollar Breakout versus the Yen
- New Zealand Dollar Forecast Remains Cautiously Bearish DailyFX - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 11:30 AM EDT
New Zealand Dollar Forecast Remains Cautiously Bearish
- Tax-Efficient Retirement Saver Portfolios for Schwab Supermarket Investors @ Morningstar - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
Schwab's solid exchange-traded funds make these stock-heavy portfolios straightforward, cheap, and effective.
- US Dollar Outlook Favors Gains on Fed Rate Decision Outcome DailyFX - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 3:30 AM EDT
US Dollar Outlook Favors Gains on Fed Rate Decision Outcome
- What If the New Trump Is Just ... Boring? @ Bloomberg - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 12:39 AM EDT
At this debate, he seemed cowed by Carly Fiorina. Trump’s theatrics have benefited him by drawing attention and denying it to the other candidates, who have often been reduced to seeking some by talking about him. Within hours of a performance at the first debate that was mediocre, at best, he seized command of the media …
- USDOLLAR Nears 200 Day Average DailyFX - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 9:48 PM EDT
USDOLLAR Nears 200 Day Average
- GBP/USD Tests Head and Shoulders Neckline DailyFX - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 9:48 PM EDT
GBP/USD Tests Head and Shoulders Neckline
- EUR/USD May High and Fibonacci at 1.1465/73 DailyFX - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 9:48 PM EDT
EUR/USD May High and Fibonacci at 1.1465/73
- New Zealand Dollar Drops as GDP Data Boosts RBNZ Rate Cut Bets DailyFX - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 8:22 PM EDT
New Zealand Dollar Drops as GDP Data Boosts RBNZ Rate Cut Bets
- Boeing rejects Aerojet Rocketdyne bid for ULA launch venture Reuters - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 6:16 PM EDT
Boeing Co (BA.N) on Wednesday said it had rejected an unsolicited bid from Aerojet Rocketdyne Holdings Inc (AJRD.N) for United Launch Alliance, a 50-50 rocket launch venture of Boeing and Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N). "The unsolicited proposal for ULA is not something we seriously entertained," Boeing spokesman Todd Blecher …
- 10 Things You Learn Reading Donald Trump's 'The Art of the Deal' @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 1:33 PM EDT
While not the best-selling business book ever, as Trump claims, The Art of the Deal has likely sold over a million copies -- and could sell more of Trump wins.
- WTI Crude Oil Surges Past $46 Opening Up Late July Highs Near $50 DailyFX - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 12:56 PM EDT
WTI Crude Oil Surges Past $46 Opening Up Late July Highs Near $50
- GE's $115 Billion Pension Unit May Fetch Premium From Private Equity @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 10:00 AM EDT
Bidders lining up for General Electric's $115 billion asset management unit -- which may include private equity firms -- could add a hefty premium to the sale price.
- Retirement Saver Portfolios for Schwab Supermarket Investors @ Morningstar - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
We combine Gold-rated active funds with Schwab's low-cost index products.
- 3 Tax-Efficient Retirement-Saver Portfolios @ Morningstar - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
We've designed these portfolios to maximize returns while limiting Uncle Sam's take.
- U.S., China exchange new investment treaty offers ahead of Xi visit Reuters - Tue, Sep 15, 2015 9:18 PM EDT
The United States and China have exchanged revised offers for a proposed investment treaty, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Trade Representative said, in the lead-up to Chinese President Xi Jinping's visit to the White House next week. China, which has more restrictions on foreign investment than the United States, is in talks …
- Aerojet Rocketdyne says new AR-1 engine timetable could slip Reuters - Tue, Sep 15, 2015 8:38 PM EDT
Aerojet Rocketdyne Holdings Inc on Tuesday said it expected to complete its new AR-1 rocket engine by 2019 to replace a soon-to-be banned Russian engine, but the date could slip if it does not receive enough U.S. government funding. Aerojet Vice President Julie Van Kleeck declined comment on reports that Aerojet has …
- Microsoft CEO Nadella: 'Culture is everything' @ USA TODAY - Tue, Sep 15, 2015 6:35 PM EDT
The tech leader tells USA TODAY that burn-out is the enemy of good business.
- GE to move U.S. jobs overseas in fight over export credits Reuters - Tue, Sep 15, 2015 6:17 PM EDT
WASHINGTON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - Flexing its muscles amid a bitter congressional fight over the U.S. Export-Import Bank, General Electric Co on Tuesday revealed plans to shift up to 500 U.S. manufacturing jobs to Europe and China because it can no longer access EXIM financing. The largest U.S. industrial conglomerate said …
- United Technologies (UTX) Stock Gained, Plans to Increase F-35 Jet Engine Production @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Sep 15, 2015 4:44 PM EDT
United Technologies (UTX) stock closed Tuesday's trading session up as its Pratt & Whitney unit plans to beef up production of the jet engines that fuel its F-35 fighter jet.
- Crude Sideways Pattern Tightens DailyFX - Tue, Sep 15, 2015 3:36 PM EDT
Crude Sideways Pattern Tightens
- USDOLLAR Rebounds from 3 Day Losing Streak DailyFX - Tue, Sep 15, 2015 3:36 PM EDT
USDOLLAR Rebounds from 3 Day Losing Streak
- EUR/USD Range Tightens; Pulls Back from Below 1.14 DailyFX - Tue, Sep 15, 2015 3:36 PM EDT
EUR/USD Range Tightens; Pulls Back from Below 1.14
- Why GE Might Pay Less for Halliburton Assets Than You Expect @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Sep 15, 2015 2:25 PM EDT
The assets Halliburton must sell to complete a merger with Baker Hughes may be bringing in much less than the $7.5 billion in revenue they generated in 2014.
- What I Wish a Younger Me Knew When I First Started Investing @ Motley Fool - Tue, Sep 15, 2015 1:20 PM EDT
Three things new -- and even experienced -- investors should know when jumping into the market
- USD/JPY Outlook Remains Mired Following BoJ- GBP Searches for Support DailyFX - Tue, Sep 15, 2015 1:00 PM EDT
USD/JPY Outlook Remains Mired Following BoJ- GBP Searches for Support
- Universal Studios Japan in talks to sell stake to Comcast - WSJ Reuters - Tue, Sep 15, 2015 12:50 PM EDT
- How to Handle Client Beneficiary Designations @ Investopedia - Tue, Sep 15, 2015 10:22 AM EDT
Beneficiary designations are a critical financial planning step that can be easily overlooked. Here's how to ensure they are properly done.
- Pratt prepping for big production increase on F-35 jet engines Reuters - Mon, Sep 14, 2015 10:13 PM EDT
Pratt & Whitney, a unit of United Technologies Corp (UTX.N), on Monday said it is working closely with suppliers to prepare for a large ramp-up in production in coming years of the F135 engine that powers the Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N) F-35 fighter jet. Bennett Croswell, who heads Pratt's military engines division, said …
- AUD/USD Mounts Larger Test of Bearish Formation Ahead of RBA Minutes DailyFX - Mon, Sep 14, 2015 5:00 PM EDT
AUD/USD Mounts Larger Test of Bearish Formation Ahead of RBA Minutes
- DARPA gives an R/C chopper the legs of a dragonfly @ Engadget - Mon, Sep 14, 2015 4:43 PM EDT
DARPA has revealed a new kind of landing gear that allows helicopters to land on inclines and uneven terrain, a feat that's generally impossible using traditional landing skids. Rather than the fixed landing ...
- EURGBP Eyes Bull Flag Breakout Toward 0.75/7650 DailyFX - Mon, Sep 14, 2015 3:26 PM EDT
EURGBP Eyes Bull Flag Breakout Toward 0.75/7650
- YouPorn Has Some Surprising Insights Into PS4 And Xbox One Sales @ Forbes - Mon, Sep 14, 2015 2:33 PM EDT
YouPorn's user data offers some interesting insight as to what areas different game consoles dominate.
- The Evolution of How GE Makes its Money @ Investopedia - Mon, Sep 14, 2015 10:47 AM EDT
GE is a 123-year-old blue chip mainstay. While annual revenue numbers are typically constant, their configuration is changing rapidly.
- Will GE Stock Be Helped by Sale of Inventory Finance Unit? @ TheStreet.com - Mon, Sep 14, 2015 9:47 AM EDT
GE could sell its inventory finance unit to KKR or Apollo Global Management (APO).