- Cramer: Stock Market Akin to Kid's Game, Really! @ CNBC - 30 minutes ago
In some ways the stock market is one big game. And playing may be the best way to spark interest in kids!
- Most active New York Stock Exchange-traded stocks AP - 32 minutes ago
A look at New York Stock Exchange 10 most-active stocks at the close of trading: Advanced Micro Devices Inc. rose 1.0 percent to $4.05 with 20,493,700 shares traded. Bank of America Corp. rose .2 percent ...
- Final Glance: Tools and Appliances companies AP - 32 minutes ago
Shares of some top tools and appliances companies were down at the close of trading: General Electric Co. fell $.13 or .5 percent, to $23.53. Snap-On fell $.12 or .1 percent, to $90.23. Stanley Works fell ...
- Comcast, Other Pay-TV Stocks Defy Subscriber Misses @ Investor's Business Daily - 57 minutes ago
Comcast, Other Pay-TV Stocks Defy Subscriber Misses
- Nokia Doubles Down On HTC Corp and 2 More Heavily Traded Stocks to Follow @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
Here are headlines you need to know this afternoon.
- Citigroup's Aggressive Posture To Increase Business Operations @ Seeking Alpha - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
Citigroup's Aggressive Posture To Increase Business Operations
- Small Businesses Need Disaster Recovery Plans @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Whether it's a tornado, a hurricane or the toilet exploding, small businesses should always have disaster recovery plans in place.
- Exclusive: Better Place to file for bankruptcy @ Fortune - 3 hours ago
Electric car network runs out of gas.
- Middday Glance: Tools and Appliances companies AP - 5 hours ago
Shares of some top tools and appliances companies are down at 1 p.m.: General Electric Co. fell $.09 or .4 percent, to $23.57. Snap-On fell $.36 or .4 percent, to $90.00. Stanley Works fell $1.05 or 1.3 ...
- Mr. Willard goes to Washington @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
I'm back on my ranch now in beautiful (but dry) Ruidoso, NM, and the news flow has been hot and heavy, as has the market volatility out there, so let's run through some headlines with some Revolution Investing ...
- Early Glance: Tools and Appliances companies AP - 8 hours ago
Shares of some top tools and appliances companies are down at 10 a.m.: General Electric Co. fell $.10 or .4 percent, to $23.56. Snap-On fell $1.07 or 1.2 percent, to $89.29. Stanley Works fell $1.15 or ...
- United Technologies Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (UTX) @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
United Technologies (NYSE:UTX) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of A-
- Forget Dividend Growth Investing, It's ROIC Investing @ Seeking Alpha - 9 hours ago
Forget Dividend Growth Investing, It's ROIC Investing
- Orders for U.S. Durable Goods Rose More Than Forecast in April @ Bloomberg - 10 hours ago
Orders for U.S. durable goods increased more than forecast in April, pointing to gains in business investment that will help manufacturing rebound in the second half of the year.
- Cramer's Lightning Round - Rentech Is A Keeper (5/23/13) @ Seeking Alpha - 12 hours ago
Cramer's Lightning Round - Rentech Is A Keeper (5/23/13)
- BA plane makes Heathrow emergency landing after engine fire @ Reuters - 13 hours ago
LONDON, May 24 (Reuters) - A British Airways plane travelling from London to Oslo was forced to make an emergency landing at Heathrow on Friday after a technical fault in an engine. "The BA762, Heathrow ...
- Durable Goods Orders in U.S. Probably Rose in April After Slump @ Bloomberg - 18 hours ago
Orders for U.S. durable goods probably increased in April after falling by the most in seven months as companies invested in aircraft and capital equipment, economists forecast ahead of a report today....
- Factbox: What does Lockheed's F-35 fighter jet really cost? Reuters - 23 hours ago
Lockheed Martin Corp is developing and building the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, the Pentagon's most expensive weapons program, for three U.S. military branches and eight international partners. The Pentagon ...
- U.S. sees first drop in F-35 costs; other programs steady Reuters - Thu, May 23, 2013 5:38 PM EDT
- Natural Gas: The Fastest Growing Transportation Fuel In The U.S. @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, May 23, 2013 4:27 PM EDT
Natural Gas: The Fastest Growing Transportation Fuel In The U.S.
- Stocks Stage Turnaround; Close Well Off Lows @ CNBC - Thu, May 23, 2013 4:04 PM EDT
Stocks closed modestly lower in a volatile session as market participants weighed better U.S. economic data against the fears the Fed may soon start to curtail its bond buying.
- Pentagon sees slight drop in F-35 acquisition costs: sources Reuters - Thu, May 23, 2013 3:21 PM EDT
- Lockheed F-35 Cost Declines $4.5 Billion, Pentagon Says @ Bloomberg - Thu, May 23, 2013 3:12 PM EDT
The development and production cost of Lockheed Martin Corp.’s F-35 fighter, the Pentagon’s most expensive weapons program, has decreased by about $4.5 billion, primarily because of savings on labor, according ...
- Tesla’s Loan Repayment, Domino’s Gets Brought On to S&P and 3 Other Hot Stocks @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Thu, May 23, 2013 2:22 PM EDT
Here are some hot stocks seeing market movement today.
- This REIT Is Approaching Bubble Territory @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, May 23, 2013 2:10 PM EDT
This REIT Is Approaching Bubble Territory
- Are Shrinking Assets Key to GE’s Bright Future? @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Thu, May 23, 2013 11:55 AM EDT
Jeff Immelt, Chief Executive Officer of General Electric, has said the company will use initial public offerings to further goals of shrinking its financial arm, GE Capital.
- Top 50 highest-paid CEOs AP - Thu, May 23, 2013 11:31 AM EDT
A look at the 50 highest-paid CEOs of 2012, as calculated by executive pay research firm Equilar. 1. Leslie Moonves, CBS, $60.3 million, down 12 percent 2. David Zaslav, Discovery Communications, $49.9 ...
- Immelt Pushes Harder to Shrink GE Capital @ TheStreet.com - Thu, May 23, 2013 9:35 AM EDT
General Electric CEO Jeff Immelt on Tuesday reiterated the firm's plant to keep shrinking its finance arm, hinting at possible spinoffs.
- General Electric considering IPO for finance business - CEO @ Reuters - Thu, May 23, 2013 9:29 AM EDT
(Reuters) - General Electric Co (GE.N: Quote , Profile , Research , Stock Buzz ) is considering spinning off parts of its financial arm, GE Capital, through an initial public offering as part of its plan ...
- GE Mulls Finances and Bernanke Spooks the Markets: Morning Buzzers @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Thu, May 23, 2013 9:07 AM EDT
U.S. stock futures declined on Thursday morning following a massive sell-off in global markets. Here's your Cheat Sheet to what's moving the markets.
- Lululemon Athletica Director Sells More Than 375K Shares and 4 Insider Sales to Note @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Thu, May 23, 2013 8:52 AM EDT
Take a closer look at the inside executive action of these companies...
- United Technologies Has Strong Growth Prospects @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, May 23, 2013 8:09 AM EDT
United Technologies Has Strong Growth Prospects
- CNH Tracker-Pilot quota system for moving yuan offshore gathers traction @ Reuters - Thu, May 23, 2013 12:56 AM EDT
By Saikat Chatterjee HONG KONG, May 23 (Reuters) - A pilot quota system that allows companies operating in China to freely transfer some of their yuan profits offshore has gathered some traction in recent ...
- STOCKS NEWS THAILAND-Bank of Ayudhya up after Japan MUFG stake bid report Reuters - Thu, May 23, 2013 12:34 AM EDT
Shares in Bank of Ayudhya Pcl rose after a local newspaper cited a financial market source as saying that Japan's Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) had offered to acquire General Electric's stake in ...
- Delta will wait for new planes to mature: CEO Reuters - Wed, May 22, 2013 8:46 PM EDT
- HP's Whitman Talks of Dell 'Cratering' Its Financials, And the DNA of Productivity @ Barrons.com - Wed, May 22, 2013 7:52 PM EDT
HP's Whitman Talks of Dell 'Cratering' Its Financials, And the DNA of Productivity
- [$$] GE Weighs Selling Off Big Parts of Finance Arm @ The Wall Street Journal - Wed, May 22, 2013 6:12 PM EDT
GE Weighs Selling Off Big Parts of Finance Arm
- Textron Inc (TXT): Today's Featured Aerospace/Defense Laggard @ TheStreet.com - Wed, May 22, 2013 5:01 PM EDT
Textron was a leading decliner within the aerospace/defense industry, falling $0.81 (-2.9%) to $27.28 on average volume
- General Electrics' CEO Presents at 2013 Electrical Products Group Conference (Transcript) Seeking Alpha - Wed, May 22, 2013 4:42 PM EDT
General Electrics, Inc. (GE) 2013 Electrical Products Group Conference Call May 22, 2013 11:00 AM ET Executives Jeff Immelt – Chairman and CEO Analysts Deane Dray – Citigroup Presentation Unidentified ...
- Stocks slip as Fed sends mixed message @ CNNMoney.com - Wed, May 22, 2013 4:25 PM EDT
Stocks slip as Fed sends mixed message
- General Electric: Ideal Time To Add Shares Into Your Dividend Portfolio @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, May 22, 2013 4:19 PM EDT
General Electric: Ideal Time To Add Shares Into Your Dividend Portfolio
- Feature: 'Irrational' hackers are growing U.S. security fear Reuters - Wed, May 22, 2013 3:51 PM EDT
By Jim Finkle REUTERS - Cybersecurity researcher HD Moore discovered he could use the Internet to access the controls of some 30 pipeline sensors around the country that were not password protected. A ...
- Senate Rivals Unite to Overhaul Chemical Safety Laws @ Bloomberg - Wed, May 22, 2013 3:46 PM EDT
A bipartisan group of senators reached a compromise on a measure to overhaul U.S. chemical regulation, creating an opening for the first major expansion of environmental laws in almost two decades.
- GE’s New Engine Soaring Along @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Wed, May 22, 2013 3:40 PM EDT
General Electric's new Passport engine, which will power the Bombardier Global 7000 and 8000 jets and cut down on fuel consumption, is set to begin its first tests next month.
- 'Irrational' hackers are growing U.S. security fear Reuters - Wed, May 22, 2013 3:27 PM EDT
- General Electric considering IPO for some parts finance unit, Bloomberg says Theflyonthewall.com - Wed, May 22, 2013 2:48 PM EDT
General Electric CEO Jeffrey Immelt said the company is considering an IPO for some parts of its finance unit, reports Bloomberg, citing comments from Immelt.
- Wal-Mart Celebrates ‘Saluting Heroes Together’ and 2 Other Dow Movers to Watch @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Wed, May 22, 2013 2:37 PM EDT
The Dow is up 0,.56 percent today and stands at 15,474. These stocks are moving the Dow now.
- YieldBoost Textron From 0.3% To 4.7% @ TheStreet.com - Wed, May 22, 2013 2:30 PM EDT
Shareholders of Textron Inc. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 0.3% annualized dividend yield can sell the January 2015 covered call at the $35 strike and collect the premium based on the ...
- Delta will wait for new planes to prove themselves: CEO Reuters - Wed, May 22, 2013 2:16 PM EDT
- General Electric Marches On Towards Core Growth @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, May 22, 2013 2:02 PM EDT
General Electric Marches On Towards Core Growth