- Experts Answer Your Obamacare Questions Live Yahoo Finance - Mon, Dec 2, 2013 8:41 AM EST
Obamacare exchanges are two months old. Send us your questions and join our live chat today.
- Biogen Idec (BIIB) Shows Strength: Stock Moves 13.2% Higher Zacks - Mon, Nov 25, 2013 6:05 AM EST
Biogen Idec was a big mover last session, with shares rising over 13%.
- Gentiva Health Services (GTIV) in Focus: Stock Up 6.2% Zacks - Mon, Nov 25, 2013 5:57 AM EST
Gentiva Health Services, Inc. (GTIV) was a big mover last session, as the company saw its shares rise a little over 6% on the day.
- Gilead Vs. Johnson & Johnson, Roche In Blood Cancer Showdown @ Seeking Alpha - Mon, Nov 25, 2013 3:30 AM EST
Imbruvica, Pharmacyclics ( PCYC ) and Johnson and Johnson's ( JNJ ) drug was approved by the FDA to treat MCL (mantle-cell lymphoma) in November but not for CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia) , which is ...
- Strength Seen in Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): Stock Zooms 35.5% Zacks - Mon, Nov 25, 2013 3:27 AM EST
Ariad Pharmaceuticals Inc. was a big mover last session as its shares surged over 35% on the day.
- Gentiva Health Services (GTIV) Jumps: Stock Adds 6.2% in Session Zacks - Mon, Nov 25, 2013 3:22 AM EST
Gentiva Health Services Inc. was a big mover last session as its shares rose over 6% on the day.
- Medicare to Cut Dialysis Payments Much Less Than Expected @ The Wall Street Journal - Mon, Nov 25, 2013 12:33 AM EST
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services said it will cut payments to kidney dialysis providers by less than 1% over the next two years in a reversal of the much-larger cuts it had previously proposed....
- The GOP Needs to Shout Out Its Health-Care Message @ The Wall Street Journal - Mon, Nov 25, 2013 12:33 AM EST
Regarding Holman Jenkins, Jr.'s insightful Nov. 20 Business World column "How the GOP Should Fix ObamaCare": His idea not only highlights a solution but also the GOP's biggest problem—to wit, ...
- Indian health activists move to prevent Gilead's drug patent @ Financial Times - Sun, Nov 24, 2013 1:56 PM EST
Indian health activists are seeking to prevent Gilead from patenting its new treatment for Hepatitis C in the country in a fresh battle over affordable access to medicine. The Initiative for Medicines, ...
- Health chiefs under pressure to overhaul new prescription pricing @ Financial Times - Sun, Nov 24, 2013 1:05 PM EST
Officials are under pressure to overhaul the UK's new prescription medicines pricing system only days after its launch, in the wake of growing concerns it will destabilise smaller drug companies. Measures ...
- Cramer's Mad Money - 11 Things To Watch In The Week Ahead (11/22/13) @ Seeking Alpha - Sun, Nov 24, 2013 6:24 AM EST
Stocks discussed on the in-depth session of Jim Cramer's Mad Money TV Program, Friday November 22. 11 Things To Watch In The Week Ahead: Workday ( WDAY ), Palo Alto Networks ( PANW ), Hewlett-Packard ( ...
- Gilead And AbbVie Battle For Top Spot In $20 Billion Hepatitis Drug Market @ Seeking Alpha - Sun, Nov 24, 2013 4:37 AM EST
About 1 million deaths each year are attributed to viral hepatitis infections. Combined, hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C account for 78% of the liver cancer in the world. More Americans died from hepatitis ...
- Ampio: Anticipating Data For Exciting DME Therapy Optina @ Seeking Alpha - Sun, Nov 24, 2013 3:46 AM EST
Ampio Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: AMPE ) is a late stage pharmaceutical company that has been focusing on the clinical development of Ampion and Optina - two drugs that target very large indications. At time ...
- Oncolytics: One Drug To Treat Them All, Or A Complete Dud, Data Is Not Bad @ Seeking Alpha - Sun, Nov 24, 2013 12:51 AM EST
The shares of Oncolytics declined approximately 9% yesterday after the company announced results for Top-line data from REO 018 Randomized Study of Reolysin. The primary market concern revolves around ...
- Community Health, Health Management announce S-4 declared effective by SEC theflyonthewall.com - Sat, Nov 23, 2013 5:14 PM EST
Community Health Systems (CYH) and Health Management Associates (HMA) announced that the Registration Statement on Form S-4 relating to the companies' proposed merger has been declared effective by the ...
- The Unraveling Of The Affordable Care Act @ Seeking Alpha - Sat, Nov 23, 2013 5:14 AM EST
Over the past few months, I have had the privilege of speaking about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) to groups of individuals and business owners. If I could describe in one word the overwhelming response ...
- Corrections & Amplifications @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Nov 23, 2013 12:09 AM EST
Corrections & Amplifications for the edition of Nov. 23-24, 2013
- Novartis AG's CEO Hosts Investor Day (Transcript) @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 9:58 PM EST
So let me start by talking about the strategy and I want to start by talking a little bit about where we have come from as a company. So back when Novartis was formed in 1996 with the combination of Ciba-Geigy ...
- Johnson & Johnson hepatitis C drug approved @ USA TODAY - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 8:50 PM EST
FDA approves protease inhibitor that eliminates most common form of liver-destroying virus.
- FDA clears Johnson & Johnson hepatitis C drug Associated Press - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 8:43 PM EST
Federal regulators on Friday approved a new drug from Johnson & Johnson for use in treating chronic hepatitis C infections. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said it approved the drug, a protease inhibitor ...
- California a bright spot in Obamacare sign-ups @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 8:42 PM EST
Nearly 80,000 people have enrolled for health insurance on the state-run exchange, but challenges remain. The first month was dominated by older people, and few Latinos have signed up.
- S&P 500 ends above 1,800 for first time; healthcare leads Reuters - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 8:28 PM EST
U.S. stocks rose on Friday, with the S&P 500 closing above 1,800 for the first time and healthcare names leading the way higher. The Dow industrials ended at another record high above 16,000. Both the Dow and the S&P 500 recorded their seventh straight week of gains in what has been a very strong year for stocks. The …
- U.S. FDA approves J&J hepatitis C pill Reuters - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 6:50 PM EST
U.S. regulators on Friday approved the use of Johnson & Johnson's Olysio, also known as simeprevir, as a treatment for chronic infection with the liver-destroying hepatitis C virus. Olysio, a protease inhibitor that blocks a specific protein needed by the virus to replicate, is to be used in combination with interferon, …
- Five Medical Stocks Leaders Trade Near New Highs @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 6:49 PM EST
Five Medical Stocks Leaders Trade Near New Highs
- Tips For Coping If Your Health Coverage Is Canceled @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 6:49 PM EST
Tips For Coping If Your Health Coverage Is Canceled
- News Summary: S&P 500 closes above 1,800 Associated Press - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 6:22 PM EST
ANOTHER MILESTONE: The stock market brushed past another milestone on Friday as the Standard & Poor's 500 index closed above 1,800 for the first time, capping seven straight weeks of gains. HEALTH CARE ...
- Cramer's 4 'go-to' names thru year-end @ CNBC - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 6:15 PM EST
If you can move somewhat swiftly, Cramer thinks 4 stocks present opportunity right here, right now. "My 4 horsemen of Pharma are back," he said.
- The four horseman of pharma @ CNBC - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 6:15 PM EST
Mad Money host Jim Cramer shares why it's not too late to add biotech names Gilead, Celgene, Biogen Idec and Regerneron to your positions.
- HCP Extend Ties with Tenet Zacks - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 5:55 PM EST
HCP inked a deal with Tenet Healthcare to alter and extend leases for three acute care hospitals.
- CMS to lower 2014 home health care payments less than proposed theflyonthewall.com - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 5:29 PM EST
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, or CMS, issued the final calendar year 2014 home health care payment rule. The final policies in this rule better align Medicare payments with home health ...
- Health Plan Cuts May Stir Turnover @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 5:11 PM EST
Health Plan Cuts May Stir Turnover
- FDA approves Bayer pill for thyroid cancer Associated Press - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 5:07 PM EST
The Food and Drug Administration said Friday it expanded approval of a Bayer drug to treat patients with thyroid cancer. Bayer's pill Nexavar is already approved to treat kidney cancer and liver cancer ...
- US STOCKS-S&P 500 ends above 1,800 for first time; healthcare leads Reuters - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 5:04 PM EST
* Biogen, Gilead lead health-sector rally on news from Europe NEW YORK, Nov 22 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Friday, with the S&P 500 closing above 1,800 for the first time and healthcare names leading the way higher. The Dow industrials ended at another record high above 16,000.
- DaVita Spared as Medicare Wipes Out 9.4% Dialysis Cut @ Bloomberg - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 4:59 PM EST
DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., Fresenius Medical Care AG and other dialysis companies received a break from U.S. regulators, who are scrapping a proposed 9.4 percent cut in Medicare payments to the companies ...
- 2 Healthcare Stocks With Unusual Option Volume @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 4:36 PM EST
Tom Meyer discusses two healthcare stocks making moves due to earnings, new drug approvals, and M&A activity.
- U.S. FDA approves Bayer/Onyx drug for a type of thyroid cancer Reuters - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 4:35 PM EST
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said on Friday it has expanded the approved use of the cancer drug Nexavar to include late-stage differentiated thyroid cancer. Differentiated thyroid cancer is the most common type of thyroid cancer, the FDA said. The drug, made by Germany's Bayer AG and Onyx Pharmaceuticals, is …
- Impax Launches Generic Solaraze Zacks - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 4:30 PM EST
Impax Labs announced the launch of its generic version of Fougera Pharmaceuticals Inc.'s Solaraze gel.
- Christmas Comes Early for Novartis Investors @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 4:20 PM EST
Novartis has an early Christmas present for investors: It announced a $5 billion stock buyback, effective Friday.
- Supreme Court Upholds Ontario Ban on Private-Label Drugs @ Bloomberg - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 4:19 PM EST
Canada’s Supreme Court today upheld a provincial court ruling allowing the Ontario government to prohibit the sale of private-label generic drugs.
- Pfizer Feels the Heat From Novartis @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 4:14 PM EST
Headlines you need to know this afternoon.
- Myriad, BioMarin Collaborate Again Zacks - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 4:05 PM EST
Myriad and BioMarin enter into partnership agreement for the second time
- Sirona Dental Systems Management Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 3:50 PM EST
Thanks, Josh. It is my pleasure to welcome all of you to our fourth quarter and full year 2013 conference call. Joining me today is Ulrich Michel, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. ...
- Aratana Therapeutics: A Growing Player Within The Emerging Pet Therapeutics Market @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 3:49 PM EST
Over the last several decades, the animal health market has outgrown the U.S. economy and been more resistant to economic cycles. Moreover, the vet market is an attractive vehicle for investors to participate ...
- I'm Staying Away From Low Yielding Amgen For Now @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 3:40 PM EST
The last time I wrote about Amgen ( AMGN ) I bought a small batch in it stating that was a good value at the time. Since the last article it actually shot up 7% excluding the dividend (it is up 7.41% including ...
- Amarin shares continue slide on FDA troubles Associated Press - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 3:07 PM EST
Shares of troubled drugmaker Amarin fell again Friday after the Food and Drug Administration refused to reconsider a recent decision that casts doubt on the future of the company's lead product. THE SPARK: ...
- 3 to Watch: AMZN, BIIB, CMCSA @ CNBC - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 3:00 PM EST
CNBC's Dominic Chu looks at three stocks to watch Monday, including Amazon, which kicks off deals this weekend. Also, Biogen, which got patent protection from European regulators for an MS drug, and Comcast, ...
- US STOCKS-Wall St up, Dow and S&P on pace for 7 weeks of gains Reuters - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 2:49 PM EST
* Biogen, Gilead lead health-sector gains NEW YORK, Nov 22 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Friday, led by healthcare stocks, putting the Dow and S&P 500 on track for a seventh straight week of gains. That's where tactical investors have been focused, and that's where the money has been flowing," said Michael Matousek, …
- 4 Biotech Stocks Making Big Moves @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 2:47 PM EST
Tom Meyer recent trends in biotech stocks continuing to move the markets in dramatic fashion.
- Time Warner Is the Belle of the Ball: Comcast a Potential Suitor @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 2:11 PM EST
Here are the top trending stocks of the day.
- CFN Acquires Vital Signs, Boosts International Presence Zacks - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 2:10 PM EST
With the acquisition of Vital Signs business, CareFusion will be able to expand its global scale and provide more than 20,000 single-use consumables for respiratory care and anesthesiology