- Tech Stocks from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 49 minutes ago
Tech Stocks from Briefing.com
- [$$] Reboot Risks and Rewards for PC Makers @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
Investors were too quick to write off the traditional computer business. But Intel, Hewlett-Packard and Lenovo Group now have higher valuations riding on their ability to keep PC sales going.
- [$$] China Gives Microsoft 20 Days to Explain Problems @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
China has given Microsoft 20 days to provide a written explanation of what was described as problems with compatibility and bundling, adding pressure on the company amid an antitrust investigation.
- Apple Investigating Reports of iCloud Vulnerabilities @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
Apple said it is investigating reports that vulnerabilities in its iCloud service were exploited to hack the accounts of celebrities, leading to the publication of nude photos and videos.
- On Sept. 15, Google Will Make A Massive Bet Against Apple's iPhone 6 Strategy Business Insider - 1 hour 54 minutes ago
$100 v. $700.
- Tableau Software (DATA) Shows Strength: Stock Rises 8.3% Zacks - 2 hours 3 minutes ago
Tableau Software, Inc. (DATA) was a big mover last session, as its shares rose over 8% on the day.
- Will Celebrity Photo Hack Cost Apple iCloud Customers? @ 24/7 Wall St. - 2 hours 16 minutes ago
The Apple iCloud service got hacked and hundreds of compromising celebrity photos got released onto the Internet.
- Inside The Underground iCloud Hacking Ring That Leaked Those Naked Celebrity Photos Business Insider - 3 hours ago
Hackers openly share tips on how best to gain access to an iCloud account.
- Google Is Deliberately Showing You Lousy Old Versions Of Itself To Force You To Update Your Web Brow … Business Insider - 4 hours ago
Users were shocked to find that Google is intentionally displaying older versions of its site.
- School time may be the right time for Apple @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Apple is at all-time highs ,and some may think cutting back on the stock is a good idea, but with the iPhone 6 coming out, investors may want to rethink that strategy.
- Apple Probes Report ICloud Was Hacked to Gain Stars’ Nude Photos Bloomberg - 8 hours ago
Apple Inc., which is poised to unveil new iPhones next week, and the FBI are probing reports hackers used the company's iCloud service to illegally access nude photos of actress Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities. Hackers posted the nude photos on the anonymous image-sharing website 4chan, the Telegraph in London …
- INDIA PRESS-IBM says Indian telecom operators investing in cloud strategy - Economic Times Reuters - 9 hours ago
Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy.
- Must-know: Why Apple’s future strategy looks impressive Market Realist - 15 hours ago
Apple (AAPL) is expected to take a number of new product initiatives in the coming months. It's expected to launch a bigger iPhone 6 next month.
- A must-read take on SanDisk’s acquisitions strategy Market Realist - 15 hours ago
“Big Data's” arrival and the transition of enterprise preference from HDDs to SSDs is creating new opportunities in the flash memory and SSD space.
- Report: Apple fixes bug exposing nude celeb photos @ USA TODAY - 15 hours ago
Report says gave hackers access to iCloud accounts, may have exposed pix on celeb phones.
- Appaloosa Management exits position in Qualcomm Market Realist - 19 hours ago
Appaloosa Management sold its position in Qualcomm Inc. (QCOM) last quarter. It accounted for 0.86% of the fund's total first quarter portfolio. Qualcomm is a leading developer and innovator of advanced ...
- Apple’s record App Store revenue in July could affect the company Market Realist - 19 hours ago
This trend is equally valuable to Apple (AAPL). Increasing mobile usage on iOS directly helps Apple earn revenue from its App Store. Apple reports its combined iTunes and App Store business revenue under ...
- Why Apple could succeed in the phablet market with the iPhone 6 Market Realist - 19 hours ago
According to a survey conducted by BI Intelligence on 220 people, asking them about their preference for phablet brands, a surprising 56% mentioned that they would be interested in buying an Apple phablet....
- Why SanDisk is expanding its presence through joint ventures Market Realist - 19 hours ago
SanDisk is aggressively pursuing its strategy to expand its enterprise storage portfolio. It has joined hands with industry leaders to form a symbiotic relationship.
- New iOS 8 Apps Will Work 'Like Magic,' Software Tester Says Business Insider - 19 hours ago
In two weeks, Apple is expected to announce the...
- This App Lets People Wearing Google Glass See Your True Emotions Business Insider - 20 hours ago
It could help people with autism tell what emotion the person they are spending time with is projecting.
- Iran president urges clerics to tolerate Internet Associated Press - 21 hours ago
- Telefonica to exit Telecom Italia after Brazil deal Reuters - 21 hours ago
Telefonica (TEF.MC) plans to exit Telecom Italia (TLIT.MI) once the Spanish group has finalised the purchase of Vivendi's (VIV.PA) Brazilian broadband business GVT, ending a long-standing shareholding and easing competition concerns in Brazil. Tense relations between the Spanish and Italian companies came to a head last …
- Google stops showing latest versions of Search to users of older browsers, reports say @ Gigaom - 21 hours ago
Google is reportedly blocking certain older browsers from seeing the latest version of its search engine. A weekend complaint on Google’s product forums from someone using Opera 12 (the current version ...
- Apple Just Patched A Security Flaw In iCloud That Could've Been Used To Hack Celebrity Accounts Business Insider - 22 hours ago
Apple patched an iCloud security flaw hours after the leaked photos emerged.
- Apple and Collapsing Music Sales @ 24/7 Wall St. - 23 hours ago
Of the $15 billion in 2013 global sales of recorded music, nearly 40% came from digital sources such as ad-supported and subscription streaming or paid digital downloads.
- Why Android’s mobile web usage growth is important for Google Market Realist - 23 hours ago
Here, we'll discuss why this growth is important for Google. Mobile web growth helps Google in two ways. Firstly, Google benefits from higher mobile ad revenues. Secondly, it benefits it from higher app ...
- Why SanDisk’s flash memory is changing the data storage space Market Realist - 23 hours ago
Increased smartphone and tablet use, coupled with dependency on online cloud services and applications through these mobile devices for sharing data, has played an integral role in the growth of flash ...
- Will Apple’s Rumored Digital Wallet Work Where Others Have Failed? @ 24/7 Wall St. - 23 hours ago
Reports hit the web Sunday that Apple signed an agreement with American Express for an iPhone payment system.
- Apple Stock Is At An All-Time High Ahead Of iPhone 6 — Is It Heading For A Massive Selloff? Business Insider - Mon, Sep 1, 2014 7:30 AM EDT
You bet against AAPL after a new iPhone at your peril.
- Splunk Makes a Splash in Big Data @ Morningstar - Mon, Sep 1, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
But a strong quarter doesn't change our fair value estimate for this data-analytics software firm.
- Taiwan Semi Supply Chain Intact From China, For Now @ Barrons.com - Mon, Sep 1, 2014 4:42 AM EDT
Its trade deficit in the semiconductor sector was over $180 billion in 2013. As a result, China has been actively pushing for "in-house" development of its own semiconductor industry, via buyouts and acquisitions. Last year, China took private U.S.-listed chip makers RDA Microelectronics (RDA) and Spreadtrum Communications …
- Let's Stop All Of The Post-PC Nonsense Once And For All @ Forbes - Sun, Aug 31, 2014 11:39 PM EDT
We’re a little over a week away from a big Apple launch event, which always seems to drum up talk about the so-called “post-PC era” we’re in. It is no secret that the overall PC market has taken a pummeling the last couple of years, but just because tablets and [...]
- FAA Dithering Forces Google And Other Drone Innovators To Take Their Jobs And Technology Abroad @ Forbes - Sun, Aug 31, 2014 3:38 PM EDT
Google's announcement should settle it for Amazon, take your drone operations abroad, at least until the FAA gets their act together. America may lose these drone related jobs, but it's clear that companies can't build innovative flying machines in a nation where flights are prohibited.
- SAP head wants to simplify company's product line, message @ USA TODAY - Sun, Aug 31, 2014 1:43 PM EDT
CEO of world's third-largest software company navigates change among several obstacles.
- A fun exercise in speculation: Would I buy Apple’s rumored products? Gigaom - Sun, Aug 31, 2014 1:30 PM EDT
Apple's upcoming September 9th event is likely to introduce as many as three new types of Apple products. Based on the rumors and reports, which ones would I buy?
- Telecom Italia in a bind after losing GVT bid battle Reuters - Sun, Aug 31, 2014 10:00 AM EDT
PARIS/LONDON/MILAN (Reuters) - Telecom Italia has lost a promising path to earnings growth by failing to secure Brazilian broadband business GVT and may now turn from hunter to hunted in a fast-consolidating telecoms industry. Winning the auction for French media company Vivendi's GVT was vital for both Telecom Italia …
- Telecom It weighs all options to boost Brazil unit - chairman to Corriere Reuters - Sun, Aug 31, 2014 9:47 AM EDT
Telecom Italia (TLIT.MI) will consider all options to bolster its Brazilian unit, Tim Partecipacoes (TIMP3.SA), after it lost a battle to buy Brazilian broadband business GVT, Telecom Italia Chairman Giuseppe Recchi told Corriere della Sera. "Our duty (on Tim Partecipacoes) is to invest and also to take into account extraordinary …
- Swatch prefers go-it-alone route for smartwatch plans Reuters - Sun, Aug 31, 2014 5:23 AM EDT
Swatch Group is happy to go it alone with a launch next year of watches with "smart" features to compete with so-called wearable gadgets from the big tech companies, a market potentially worth $93 billion. Swatch Chief Executive Nick Hayek said these new watches might allow the wearer to count the number of steps they …
- As Apple prepares the iPhone 6, here’s a look at mobile market share @ Gigaom - Sat, Aug 30, 2014 12:00 PM EDT
Prior to Apple releasing a new iPhone next month, I wanted to establish a baseline for the types of smartphones people use. The numbers showing what people use, especially in the US, can be very different ...
- [$$] Apple's New Whiz Kids @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Aug 30, 2014 9:04 AM EDT
Apple and Google are providing scholarships and developers kits to software coders as young as 13 years old, looking to land whiz kids interested in writing apps for their smartphones and tablet computers....
- [$$] Apple Suppliers, Up Sharply on iPhone 6 Hype, Could Fall @ Barrons.com - Sat, Aug 30, 2014 2:50 AM EDT
Apple will hold a media briefing to announce something or other on Sept. 9, but tech investors started their engines a long time ago. Not only are Apple shares (AAPL) up a nifty 28% this year, stocks of some of the more prominent suppliers to Apple have surged vastly higher. Apple's business is always perceived as a make-or-break …
- The Software Behind IBM's Watson Will Be Probing The Mysteries Of Physics @ Forbes - Sat, Aug 30, 2014 2:00 AM EDT
Elastic Storage, part of the hardware behind IBM's Watson, will be used at one of the largest research centers in Germany to probe some of physics' biggest mysteries.
- Synaptics Has the Right Touch @ Barrons.com - Sat, Aug 30, 2014 12:01 AM EDT
Amid a wave of billion-dollar tech deals, the purchase of Validity Sensors barely registered last November. Synaptics, a longtime leader in touchscreens, paid $255 million to acquire Validity and its nascent fingerprint-identification business. For years, Synaptics (SYNA) built touchpads for notebook computers. Now, …
- Here's how Google's Project Loon retrieves its internet balloons (video) @ Engadget - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 11:52 PM EDT
Project Loon's balloons could not be more different than your typical party variety -- it's loaded with research equipment and LTE capability, providing high-speed internet connection wherever they go. ...
- HTC's plasticky One E8 lands in the US courtesy of Sprint @ Engadget - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 7:33 PM EDT
Jonesing for a taste of the HTC One M8 lifestyle but don't have the cash to make it happen? Never fear -- Sprint has just started offering the fantastic-in-plastic HTC One E8 to customers who want M8 horsepower ...
- IPhone-Related News Propels Avago, NXP To New Highs @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 6:58 PM EDT
A couple of foreign fabless chipmakers rallied to record highs Friday on Apple (AAPL) iPhone-related news. Avago Technologies (AVGO) gapped up and soared 8% in massive turnover, extending its gain to 26% ...
- [video] Amazon and Google Battle for Drone Supremacy @ Bloomberg - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 6:54 PM EDT
Aug. 29 (Bloomberg) -- Michael Toscano, president of the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International, discusses Amazon's battle against Google for drone supremacy and weighs in on the commercial ...
- Big Lots Q2 EPS flat, sales fall Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 6:54 PM EDT
The discounter's EPS was 31 cents, beating views by a penny. Sales from continuing operations rose 1.2% to $1.19 bil, under views for $1.2 bil. Same-store sales rose 1.7%, slightly below the midpoint of ...
- What Results Will Google Find With Its Latest Base? @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 6:49 PM EDT
Google (GOOGL) has grown well beyond its roots as a search engine. But while it's now involved in everything from productivity software and the Android operating system to Chromebook laptops and even driverless ...