- 5 features an Amazon phone might offer Associated Press - 35 minutes ago
- DARPA envisions a smarter, safer autopilot @ Engadget - 1 hour 58 minutes ago
Autonomous aircraft serve their purpose, but there's no question that pilotless passenger flights are a long way off, if they ever become a reality. Still, there's obviously room for improvement when it ...
- [$$] For Apple Investors, the Waiting Is the Hardest Part @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
Apple's results next week aren't likely to provide much fireworks, but there's still reason for investors to "ooh" and "aah."
- Week Ahead: Earnings Dominate the Calendar @ Fox Business - 4 hours ago
iHit or iMiss? Earnings reports dominate next week?s calendar with Apple?s earnings ? as usual ? expected to garner the most attention.
- People who missed out Google Glasses this week can try unusable frames for free @ San Jose Mercury News - 5 hours ago
Potential Google Glass “Explorers” who missed out on a $1,500 unit during Google’s one-day online sale this week can at least try out an unusable unit at home — for free. The loaners come in four colors ...
- Heartbleed Internet Security Flaw Used in Attack @ The New York Times - 6 hours ago
On Friday, cybersecurity experts said they had evidence of the first confirmed attack on a major corporation using the Heartbleed bug.
- Fixing a Broken Smartphone @ The New York Times - 6 hours ago
Plus, sharing settings and more among Windows 8 PCs.
- Why has Google’s capex spending doubled in the past year? Market Realist - 6 hours ago
According to Google's (GOOG) Q1 2014 results, the company's capital expenditures have increased from $1.20 billion in Q1 2013 to $2.35 billion in Q1 2014—almost a 100% increase.
- Cisco Systems’ foray into the SDN space: The challenges ahead Market Realist - 6 hours ago
Cisco sees competition in the SDN space from market leader VMware, with its newly launched NSX network virtualization technology, Nuage Networks, Citrix, Juniper, Arista Networks, and HP.
- FCC sets up the 'incentive auction' that will lead to better wireless internet for everyone @ Engadget - 7 hours ago
Last week at the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) show, FCC head Tom Wheeler pushed broadcasters to loosen their grip on spectrum that the agency plans to auction off to give wireless internet ...
- Advanced Micro Devices Set To Grow @ Seeking Alpha - 7 hours ago
Advanced micro Devices ( AMD ) has seen a lot of ups and downs over the last few months. However, the overall trend in the stock price has been positive during the period - the stock is up over 50% during ...
- Tech Stocks from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 7 hours ago
Tech Stocks from Briefing.com
- [$$] Buy Apple, HP and Ciena Ahead of Earnings @ Barrons.com - 8 hours ago
JPMorgan Growth stocks have been victim of the growth-to-value rotation that started on April 2 after the Standard & Poor's 500 hit an all-time high of 1,891. Since March 4, the Russell 1000 Value Index has outperformed the Russell 1000 Growth Index by about 4%, with the most severe pullback in best-performing momentum …
- Google Desktop App Allows Android Users to Access Their Computers @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 8 hours ago
Android users can now control their home computer’s desktop from across the room or even while across town using a new Google Chrome-based app.
- This Morning: Twitter, LinkedIn Bounce Back in Short Week, SAP's Old and New, Xbox Vs. PlayStation @ Barrons.com - 8 hours ago
Google (GOOGL), despite its disappointing Q1 on Wednesday afternoon, rose 0.6% for the week. Old tech was mixed, with IBM (IBM) down 2.9% for the week at $190.01, following a disappointing Q1 the same day as Google. But Microsoft (MSFT) rose 1.8% for the tweak to $40.01. Internet stocks on the whole performed well: Facebook …
- The 'New' Perion - What Does The Future Hold For It? @ Seeking Alpha - 8 hours ago
Until recently, Perion ( PERI ), previously known as Incredimail, was a relatively small and little-known internet company deriving its living from online advertisement, PPC (Pay Per Click), Google ( GOOG ...
- Sony Announces 7M PlayStation 4s Sold, While Microsoft Remains Silent @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 8 hours ago
The consoles are selling so rapidly that it is having trouble making enough units to meet consumer demand, Sony says.
- AMD's Turnaround Is Real @ Seeking Alpha - 8 hours ago
AMD ( AMD ) rewarded investors' patience with an after-hours pop of about 5% following its calendar 2014 Q1 earnings release. AMD posted strong revenue growth of 28% y/y to $1.4 billion, beating analysts' ...
- Google kicks off Chromecast offers program with £5 of free Play credit @ Engadget - 9 hours ago
With Google's Chromecast streaming dongle now fully settled in the UK, the great provider (of search results) has kicked off a promotional program rewarding new and old customers alike. You'll find the ...
- Microsoft: Xbox One Sales Top 5M @ Fox Business - 9 hours ago
Microsoft has sold more than five million Xbox One gaming consoles to retailers, trailing rival Sony.
- The Heartbleed Bug Is Mostly Fixed, But There Are Still More Than 20,000 Websites Vulnerable Business Insider - 10 hours ago
Although many of the most important sites on the Web have been fixed, more than 20,000 sites are still affected by Heartbleed.
- If This Keeps Up, Xbox One Has A Big PS4 Problem @ Forbes - 10 hours ago
Yes, it's early. Too early for anyone to pop the champagne corks, declare victory and stand over the other guy with the scowl of a champion. But Microsoft has a problem with the Xbox One in its war with the PS4 and it had better solve it soon or else [...]
- Why events like the Super Bowl help YouTube attract advertisers Market Realist - 10 hours ago
YouTube's market share has in fact declined from 28% in March 2013 to 17% in March 2014, while Netflix, Amazon (AMZN), Hulu, and Apple (AAPL) all managed to increase their market shares.
- This Guy Published His Passwords Online; You Can Guess the Rest Credit.com - 10 hours ago
You think password security isn't important? Read about what happened to somebody who mocked all the people changing passwords after Heartbleed.
- Telecom Italia’s New Board of Directors Confirms Patuano as CEO @ Bloomberg - 11 hours ago
Telecom Italia SpA (TIT) ’s newly elected board today confirmed Marco Patuano, 49, as chief executive officer. Patuano, a 24-year company veteran, took the helm of Italy’s largest phone company last October ...
- Xbox One Sells 5 Million @ 24/7 Wall St. - 11 hours ago
Following Thursday's announcement from Sony that it had sold 7 million units of its PlayStation 4 video game console, Microsoft said that it had sold 5 million units of the Xbox One since November.
- Microsoft's now letting developers respond to app store critics @ Engadget - 11 hours ago
If a Windows Phone app disappoints you, it's probably right that you call out its failings and warn others to steer clear. Don't be surprised, however, if the minds behind the software start responding ...
- Investors Are Leaving Apple For Microsoft. Should You? @ TheStreet.com - 13 hours ago
Apple may introduce new products in 2014, but so far, investors are maintaining their distance.
- Phone thefts soar as kill-switch debate heats up @ CNBC - 13 hours ago
About 3.1 million Americans had their phone stolen last year, according to survey. That's nearly double the estimate of phones stolen during 2012.
- Satya Nadella needs more than one trick to fix Microsoft @ Fortune - 14 hours ago
FORTUNE -- How does a CEO grab attention when he's the follow-up act to a brash, voluble leader like Steve Ballmer? For Satya Nadella, who hardly seems prone to the same kind of sweat-soaked stage performance ...
- Why I'm Buying Aviat Networks Hand Over Fist @ Seeking Alpha - 14 hours ago
Some readers may remember the last time I was buying something hand over fist , I was buying Multiband. Within 24 hours, the company was acquired for a 40% premium. Shameless self promotion aside, my conviction ...
- This Tech Stock Is Sitting On A Big Opportunity That You Shouldn't Miss @ Seeking Alpha - 15 hours ago
Sierra Wireless ( SWIR ) is a company that was last covered on Seeking Alpha in November 2012. As a brief background, Sierra provides cellular wireless solutions to the machine-to-machine (M2M) and connected ...
- Skitch makes sharing annotated pics easier for iPhone and iPad @ Engadget - 17 hours ago
Skitch's share screen for iOS just got a makeover, making it easier to send out and save your annotated, doodle-filled masterpieces. The latest iOS update now shows a preview of your image on the Share ...
- Apple: The Case Against A Dividend Increase @ Seeking Alpha - 17 hours ago
The Cash Conundrum Apple ( AAPL ) by way of its success has accumulated a massive pile of cash (and cash equivalents for you nitpickers) which is largely held overseas. To bring this money abroad the company ...
- [$$] New App Coming Soon: Facebook Friend Locator @ The Wall Street Journal - 19 hours ago
Facebook users will soon be able to receive notices on their mobile app when they're near friends, signaling an effort by the social network to play a bigger role in real-world interactions.
- Facebook Adds Mobile Feature for Finding Nearby Friends Bloomberg - 19 hours ago
Consumers can customize the tool, called Nearby Friends, to see a certain group of people for a set period of time, or turn it off completely, the Menlo Park, California-based company said yesterday in a blog post. Friends will need to have the feature turned on in order to be seen. Nearby Friends is Facebook's latest …
- The Electronic-Medical-Records Email(s) of the Day, No. 2 The Atlantic - 21 hours ago
My clients choose their practice management and EMR software (sometimes they ask me for advice, but usually the choice has already been made by the time I get involved) and I help them make it work. However, despite my frustrations, I'm convinced that this is a good and necessary thing to do, and will lead to advantages …
- Violin: After 58% Collapse, New Chief DeNuccio Has High Hopes for Enterprise Growth, Besting EMC @ Barrons.com - 22 hours ago
This evening I had a chat with Violin Memory's (VMEM) newly installed CEO Kevin DeNuccio, who came aboarda little over two months ago after a series of events — a disappointing IPO back in September, a disappointing Q3 report in November — have absolutely crushed the stock. Violin's troubles have knocked its shares 46% …
- Essential Tips For Saving Time In Google Search And The Chrome Browser Business Insider - 22 hours ago
Even if you're a Google expert, chances are there are still some tips and tricks that could save you a lot of time.
- Earnings Preview: Qualcomm @ Seeking Alpha - 23 hours ago
Chipmaker Qualcomm ( QCOM ) has started the year strongly with gains of more than 10%. The stock trades close to its 52-week high and there are good chances that its terrific performance will continue ...
- You might be able to unlock your next Chromebook with your smartphone @ Engadget - 23 hours ago
Can't remember your password? Someday, you might not have to. A new feature in Google's Chrome OS dev channel promises to instantly unlock a user's Chromebook whenever their phone is nearby. Unfortunately, ...
- After Cortana, Halo Continues To Lead Developers To The New Microsoft With The First Unified Apps @ Forbes - 23 hours ago
As part of the recent Build conference, Microsoft announced new functionality for Windows developers. The 'unified application' will allow cross-platform apps to be developed and released as a single resource via the Windows Store, and available on Windows, Windows Phone, and Xbox. While the Xbox side of the equation is …
- [$$] Microsoft Sold More Than 5 Million Xbox Ones @ The Wall Street Journal - 23 hours ago
Microsoft on Thursday said it has sold more than five million Xbox One consoles to retail shops since the product was launched in November.
- Twitter's new Windows Phone beta ties into your photo collection @ Engadget - 23 hours ago
A handful of those eager to install the Windows Phone 8.1 preview just got an additional perk for being early adopters. NokiaNewsIreland has discovered an unannounced (and now unavailable) open beta for ...
- Wall Street Weekahead - Spring fever brings hope for U.S. earnings Reuters - 23 hours ago
Several behemoths, including Apple, the largest U.S. company by market value, as well as Microsoft, McDonald's (MCD.N) and AT&T (T.N), are due to report earnings. They'll be accompanied by highfliers like Netflix and Facebook, giving the first real cross-section of the state of corporate America as temperatures rise across …
- Microsoft Breaks Silence On Xbox One Sales...Sort Of @ Forbes - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 7:40 PM EDT
Yesterday, Sony announced that it had sold 7 million PS4s to consumers, a colossal number any way you look at it. It left us wondering how its chief competitor, Microsoft's Xbox One, was faring -- all we had heard was that Microsoft had sold 3 million units in 2013. Well [...]
- Cypress Semiconductor's CEO Discusses Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 7:32 PM EDT
Brad W. Buss Great. Thanks, T.J. Thanks everybody. Thanks for attending. As usual, everything in the press release is preliminary and unaudited. Our 10-K should be out in the first few days. Our 10-Q, ...
- Dispelling Market Misconceptions Of Apple @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 7:04 PM EDT
Apple's ( AAPL ) fall from Wall Street darling to Wall Street whipping boy has been largely documented. Pundits have decried that Apple lacks an innovative edge and that growth has plateaued. Do the public ...
- Biz Break: Facebook, Zynga launch new mobile offerings @ San Jose Mercury News - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 6:56 PM EDT
Today: Facebook cautiously launches location sharing with "Nearby Friends," Zynga grows "FarmVille 2" on mobile. Also: AMD joins Google, Yahoo, Sandisk and Intel in Silicon Valley earnings ...
- Taiwan Semi outlook bullish Investor's Business Daily - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 6:45 PM EDT
The contract semiconductor manufacturer forecast $5.97 bil-$6.07 bil revenue this quarter, which would crush consensus of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters for $4.83 bil. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing ...