- Most active Nasdaq-traded stocks Associated Press - 14 minutes ago
A look at Nasdaq 10 most-active stocks at 1 p.m.: Apple Inc. rose .7 percent to $98.40 with 27,653,600 shares traded. Applied Materials Inc. rose .8 percent to $21.40 with 10,920,900 shares traded. Cisco ...
- Midday Glance: Telecom companies Associated Press - 14 minutes ago
Shares of some top telecom companies are up at 1 p.m.: AT&T Inc. rose $.15 or .4 percent, to $35.69. Verizon Communications Inc. rose $.14 or .3 percent, to $51.42.
- Midday Glance: Computer companies Associated Press - 14 minutes ago
Shares of some top computer companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: Apple Inc s rose $.72 or .7 percent, to $98.40. Hewlett Packard Co. rose $.01 or percent, to $35.44. International Business Machines Corp. rose ...
- Apple to buy Swell, a talk-radio app, for $30 million, report says @ Los Angeles Times - 26 minutes ago
Apple Inc. is reportedly set to pay $30 million to acquire Swell, a Pandora-like app for Internet talk radio.
- EU Commission’s Approval Is a Good Sign for the Apple-Beats Deal @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 27 minutes ago
Apple’s pending purchase of Beats Electronics has overcome its first regulatory hurdle after being approved by the European Commission.
- Tech Stocks from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 45 minutes ago
Tech Stocks from Briefing.com
- Why Apple thinks installment plans could boost iPhone 6 sales Market Realist - 46 minutes ago
The focus is now on Apple's next version of the iPhone, the iPhone 6. Apple's expected to launch the iPhone 6 in September this year.
- Technology Stock Roundup: Facebook/Yahoo Soar, Others Also Up Zacks - 53 minutes ago
Another bunch of companies reported last week, with the common theme being increased investment and/or the acquisition of startups.
- China's Baidu follows Google steer with self-driving car @ Financial Times - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
Baidu, the Chinese search engine which has mimicked US technology giant Google's biggest innovations, is now experimenting with its own version of a self-driving car. Baidu has already branched out into ...
- Don't Expect IBM To Be Apple's iPad Savior @ Forbes - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
There may not be enough incentive for IBM sales reps to push Apple's iPads.
- [video] Cisco revenue worries @ CNBC - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
FMHR trader Pete Najarian thinks Cisco is really focused on cloud, and the stock is headed higher. Stephanie Link is concerned about the company's revenues.
- How The iWatch Could Be Apple's Secret Weapon For Mobile Payments Business Insider - 1 hour 38 minutes ago
In addition to health and fitness, Apple's iWatch could make it much easier to make payments on the go.
- Tech Earnings Results Make This A Stock-Picker's Market @ Forbes - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
Overall, mid-season tech earnings present quite a mixed picture. Given these crosscurrents, this market appears to be perfect for a stock picker.
- Microsoft’s China Offices Visited by Regulator, Sina Reports @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 46 minutes ago
Chinese regulators visited Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) ’s offices in four cities including Beijing and Shanghai in preparation for a potential probe into whether the company engaged in monopolistic practices, Sina.com reported. State Administration for Industry and Commerce officials also called on Microsoft in Guangzhou and …
- [video] Apple reinstates Blockchain's bitcoin app @ CNBC - 1 hour 50 minutes ago
Today, Apple lifted its suspension of Blockchain's bitcoin app from its app store. Peter Smith, Blockchain co-founder & COO, explains how seriously companies are beginning to take and support the virtual ...
- Why Apple’s gross margins were helped by the commodity market Market Realist - 1 hour 59 minutes ago
Apple's revenues have declined sequentially in the last two quarters, but its gross margins continue to increase—improving gross margins bodes well for Apple's own investors, but also exchange-traded funds ...
- Microsoft's Last Stand @ Forbes - 2 hours 4 minutes ago
Microsoft almost killed Apple, and pushed IBM out of PCs, by dominating the VAR channel. Now Apple and IBM are likely to overtake that channel, and seriously hurt Microsoft's future success.
- Apple, Inc. Can't Give Away Its Cash Fast Enough @ Motley Fool - 2 hours 4 minutes ago
Apple has been trying its best to get rid of cash by returning it to shareholders. The problem is that the Mac maker generates way too much of it. Fortunately, that's a good problem to have.
- China puts Microsoft under official investigation @ USA TODAY - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
There are few details available about the nature of the investigation.
- SolarWinds (SWI) Is Today's Perilous Reversal Stock @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 26 minutes ago
Trade-Ideas LLC identified SolarWinds (SWI) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate
- Apple welcomes back top Bitcoin wallet app CNNMoney.com - 3 hours ago
The world's top Bitcoin wallet program, Blockchain.info, is back on Apple's App Store. The software lets people receive and spend the increasingly popular digital currency Bitcoin. Blockchain.info's popular ...
- [video] Will Businesses Bite Into Apple’s iBeacon? @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Apple's location-tracking iBeacon allows apps to directly target users with advertisements and deals when a customer is in range of specific items. So how exactly does it work, and where can you use it? ...
- Early Glance: Telecom companies Associated Press - 3 hours ago
Shares of some top telecom companies are down at 10 a.m.: AT&T Inc. fell $.03 or .1 percent, to $35.51. Verizon Communications Inc. fell $.04 or .1 percent, to $51.24.
- Early Glance: Computer companies Associated Press - 3 hours ago
Shares of some top computer companies are mixed at 10 a.m.: Apple Inc s rose $.34 or .3 percent, to $98.01. Hewlett Packard Co. fell $.16 or .5 percent, to $35.27. International Business Machines Corp. ...
- Tech Today: Zillow Buys Trulia, Apple Bitcoin App Back, New iPhone Leaks, JNPR Upgrade @ Barrons.com - 3 hours ago
Here are some things going on today in your world of tech: Shares of Zillow (Z) are falling more than 5% after the online real estate company announced it is buying rival Trulia (TRLA) for $3.5 billion in stock, which jumped on the news. Elsewhere, Bernstein upgraded Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform, although the …
- [$$] Apple's Beats Deal Gets EU Nod @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
European Union antitrust regulators have approved Apple's $3 billion acquisition of Beats Electronics, the music-streaming service and headphone maker founded by the rapper Dr. Dre and music mogul Jimmy ...
- Amazon Is Facing A Cloud Crisis, As Microsoft Muscles In @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
A big part of Amazon's growth strategy -- its cloud-computing business -- is under fire from tough new competitors, led by Microsoft. That raises the question: Is Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos stretched too thin?
- Why Google is using Chrome technology to grow Android’s security Market Realist - 4 hours ago
According to a report from Symantec (SYMC) and as the previous chart shows, 97% of all mobile threats happened on Android devices in 2013.
- Sohu: Q2 Rev Miss, Q3 Weak, Changyou Is The Problem @ Barrons.com - 5 hours ago
Chinese Internet portal Sohu.com (SOHU) reported disappointing second-quarter sales and guided weak third-quarter sales. Sohu's second-quarter revenue grew 18% from a year ago to $400 million, in line ...
- Why Apple, Inc. Should Thank T-Mobile @ Motley Fool - 5 hours ago
Apple CEO Tim Cook is bullish on the installment plans and early upgrade programs that domestic carriers have adopted lately. Thanks, T-Mobile!
- Europe approves Apple's $3 billion takeover of Beats @ Engadget - 6 hours ago
Apple is officially a step closer to owning Beats, as the $3 billion merger has just been cleared in Europe. The EU commission ruled that the merger "did not raise concerns because the combined (headphone) ...
- Here's What Apple's Murder of Microsoft Might Look Like @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Tim Cook isn't about to stop at the mouth of his Apple/IBM partnership. He'll continue to provide businesses with reasons to switch from Microsoft.
- Microsoft attracts huge call buying optionMONSTER - 6 hours ago
Microsoft is trading at its best levels in 14 years, and options are looking for even more gains this summer. optionMONSTER's Heat Seeker system shows that about 32,000 September 48 calls traded on Friday ...
- Weakness Seen in Amazon.com (AMZN): Stock Tumbles 9.7% Zacks - 7 hours ago
Shares of Amazon.com (AMZN) fell nearly 10% on the day. This continues the recent trend of the company, as AMZN is now trading within the volatile price range of $323.8 to $360.8 in the past one-month ...
- Top Rated Electronic Health Record Software Is Free @ Forbes - 14 hours ago
Earlier this month, Medscape published the results of their recent survey (here) which asked 18,575 physicians across 25 specialties to rate their Electronic Health Record (EHR) system. For overall satisfaction, the #1 ranked EHR solution was the VA's Computerized Patient Record System ‒ also known as VistA. It was built …
- How would you change the BlackBerry Q10? @ Engadget - 15 hours ago
BlackBerry was slow to see the danger of touchscreen phones, which meant that BlackBerry 10 was a year or so too late to arrive. When it did, however, the company launched the all-touch Z10 first, alienating ...
- Another Good Sign for Apple's iPhone 6 Launch @ Motley Fool - 16 hours ago
Strong demand for the iPhone 5s bodes well for Apple's iPhone 6 sales in the upcoming year.
- Kopin Corporation: Wearable Products With Near Eye Displays, One OEM To Supply Them All? @ Seeking Alpha - 21 hours ago
In previous articles, we have explored the strength of Kopin's licensable intellectual property beyond their component display business. In this summary, we will review their core product line of transmissive ...
- Is Baidu an Attractive Investment? @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 21 hours ago
Baidu stock has been surging higher over the last couple of months and is currently trading near all time highs. Over the last four quarters, earnings and revenue figures have been rising which has left ...
- The Enterprise Architect as Enterprise Ecologist @ Gigaom - 21 hours ago
The days of diagrams showing exactly how everyone (and everything) should work together and dictating how information should flow within an organization are, in a real sense, over.
- 4 Major Apple iPhone 6 Rumors Making Rounds This Week @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 21 hours ago
With another week coming to a close, it’s time to sift through the latest batch of Apple iPhone 6 rumors and separate the tech wheat from the tech chaff.
- Alleged Apple, Inc. iPhone 6 Leak Supports Evidence for Larger Display @ Motley Fool - 22 hours ago
An iPhone 6 with a larger display is almost certainly around the corner. But will it serve as a catalyst for Apple stock?
- Apple And Me: Why I Finally Bought Some Apple Shares @ Seeking Alpha - 22 hours ago
[Originally published on 4/27/2014] I bought my first Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ) computer in 1984. It was the Mac Plus, the revolutionary computer that made popular the idea of icon based user interfaces. (Apple ...
- Proof That Apple, Inc. Is Preparing a Massive iPhone 6 Launch @ Motley Fool - 22 hours ago
Apple has dramatically ramped up its off-balance sheet commitments, which could be evidence that the Mac maker is getting ready for an enormous iPhone 6 launch.
- Proof That Apple, Inc. Is Investing in Innovation @ Motley Fool - 23 hours ago
For a while, bears maintained that Apple couldn't innovate anymore without Steve Jobs. Well, Apple has been spending an awful lot lately to do exactly that.
- Can Olive Garden Save Darden Restaurants? @ Motley Fool - 23 hours ago
The restaurant operator is placing a big bet on the Italian eatery turning its growth prospects around. Here's a look at whether it can actually achieve that.
- 5 Things Wrong With Amazon’s Fire Phone @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Sun, Jul 27, 2014 1:42 PM EDT
Amazon built what looks to be a solid device. But when it comes to entering the market, it has some things that could stand in its way.
- Is Apple’s iOS Backdoor Not a Backdoor? @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Sun, Jul 27, 2014 1:04 PM EDT
To paraphrase Shakespeare, a backdoor service by any other name would still appear to be a security vulnerability.
- Apple's Game Of Inches @ Seeking Alpha - Sun, Jul 27, 2014 12:07 PM EDT
On Friday, July 25, 2014, Apple's share price reached a 52-week closing high of $97.67. This was also the highest split-adjusted closing price since September 24, 2012 and within range of the all-time ...
- [$$] Tata Consultancy Services Manages Its Size to Stay Agile @ The Wall Street Journal - Sun, Jul 27, 2014 11:24 AM EDT
TCS Chief Executive Natarajan Chandrasekaran says in an interview that he promotes democratic decision-making within units at the massive Indian software exporter.