- [$$] Apple Supplier Jabil Circuit Takes Hit @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
Shares of Apple supplier Jabil Circuit fell more than 20% after the components maker said a drop in demand from a big customer would hurt its revenue and profit.
- [$$] NetSuite Speeds Data-Center Rollout Amid NSA Spying @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
Cloud application vendor NetSuite is accelerating its construction of data centers in Europe as a result of the National Security Agency's eavesdropping activities.
- Oracle Revenue Forecast In Line With Estimates Amid Cloud Shift @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 54 minutes ago
Oracle Corp. forecast fiscal third- quarter sales and profit in line with analysts’ estimates as the largest maker of database software seeks to sell Web-delivered software to fuel future growth.
- Apps can help keep brokerage passwords safe @ USA TODAY - 3 hours ago
Using apps to keep your bank and brokerage sites safe.
- Panel urges major government surveillance reforms @ San Jose Mercury News - 4 hours ago
Recommendations touch on several points raised by Apple, Google, Facebook and other Internet giants.
- The Laptop: Cheaper but Still a Workhorse @ The New York Times - 5 hours ago
Laptops under $400 will not be the fastest speed demons with the most dazzling displays, but the choices are enough to meet a variety of needs.
- Be careful what you do in front of your computer; someone may be watching @ San Jose Mercury News - 5 hours ago
Researchers at Johns Hopkins University have found a security vulnerability in Macs released before 2008 that would allow a hacker to surreptitiously take pictures or videos of users via those devices' ...
- Oracle's Management Discusses F2Q 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript Seeking Alpha - 6 hours ago
Good day, everyone and welcome to today's Oracle Corporation Quarterly Conference Call. At this time, I would like to introduce Ken Bond, Vice President of Investor Relations, Oracle. A copy of the press release and financial tables, which include a GAAP to non-GAAP reconciliation and other supplemental financial information …
- Google Play Music source code suggests browser uploads coming soon @ Engadget - 6 hours ago
Right now if you want to upload your stash of tunes to Google Play Music, you have to download Music Manager, an application that hooks into your computer's hard drive so that you can transfer selected ...
- SAC's Steinberg found guilty of insider trading Reuters - 6 hours ago
Michael Steinberg, a top portfolio manager at Steven A. Cohen's SAC Capital Advisors hedge fund, was found guilty on Wednesday on charges that he traded on insider information. A federal jury in Manhattan found Steinberg, 41, guilty on all five counts of conspiracy and securities fraud that he faced. Prosecutors said …
- Resultados trimestrales de Oracle superan expectativas del mercado Reuters - 6 hours ago
Por Noel Randewich SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Oracle Corp reportó el miércoles ingresos y ganancias en el segundo trimestre fiscal que superaron las expectativas del mercado y generaron esperanzas de una recuperación en el crecimiento de desarrollador de software. La segunda compañía de desarrollo de software más importante …
- Apple, China Mobile: Not yet Investor's Business Daily - 7 hours ago
All Business Briefs
- CVS lifts payout, OKs buyback Investor's Business Daily - 7 hours ago
All Business Briefs
- Micron, Broadcom Solve DRAM Timing Concern Zacks - 7 hours ago
Semiconductor behemoths Micron Technology Inc. (MU) and Broadcom Corp. recently joined forces to develop a new solution to protect against DRAM timing factors.
- Washington Post hacked for the second time in three years @ The Verge - 7 hours ago
- Is Hewlett-Packard an Attractive Investment? @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 7 hours ago
Hewlett-Packard stock has been moving higher in recent months, but is now trading sideways.
- Oracle Second-Quarter Earnings, Sales Beat Estimates @ Investor's Business Daily - 7 hours ago
Oracle Second-Quarter Earnings, Sales Beat Estimates
- Oracle's quarterly results top Wall Street expectations Reuters - 7 hours ago
Oracle Corp gave a quarterly report on Wednesday that created cautious hope of recovery in the software maker's growth. The No. 2 software maker has been hurt by weak global IT spending and a move by some of its customers to less expensive software offered by rivals.
- Oracle Stock Trips Over Second-Quarter Results @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 7 hours ago
Oracle closed the regular trading session on Wednesday up 2.88 percent at $34.60 per share but fell as much as 1.4 percent in post-market trading.
- Low Surface Inventory Could Hamper Microsoft’s Q4 Hardware Results @ TechCrunch - 7 hours ago
Demand for Microsoft’s new Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 computers is outstripping supply, with shortages being noted online and off. Today, the online Microsoft Store itself ran out of devices as well, with Neowin noting that “all of the second generation Surface tablets are ‘out of stock’, one week before Christmas.” What’s …
- SAC Capital employee found guilty in NY case Associated Press - 8 hours ago
A portfolio manager for one of the nation's largest hedge funds accused by the government of cheating to boost sagging results in 2007 was convicted on Wednesday of insider trading charges. The verdict ...
- Apple: China Mobile Deal Was 'Overhyped,' Stay the Course, Says Barclays @ Barrons.com - 8 hours ago
The Street continues to ponder Apple's (AAPL) prospects in the wake of an event held by China Mobile (CHL) today that failed to produce an announcement of a formal deal to sell the iPhone, despite speculation for weeks now there would be such an announcement. Barclays's Ben Reitzes this afternoon reiterated an Overweight …
- Oracle profit dips but beats expectations @ USA TODAY - 8 hours ago
Net income fell to $2.55 billion as revenue rose to $9.28 billion.
- Oracle fiscal 2Q net income falls slightly Associated Press - 8 hours ago
Oracle's fiscal second-quarter net income edged down slightly, hurt by flat revenue from new software licenses and cloud software subscriptions, but still managed to beat Wall Street predictions. The business ...
- Microsoft pulls Surface Pro 2 update after reports of battery and installation problems @ Engadget - 8 hours ago
We hope you weren't quick to leap on the Surface Pro 2 update that popped up last week; if you were, you may be regretting it for a while. The company has pulled the upgrade following reports of both failed ...
- NSA Affair Forces NetSuite's Hand @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
Cloud application vendor NetSuite Inc. is accelerating its construction of data centers in Europe as a result of the National Security Agency's eavesdropping activities.
- Oracle Dodges Another Miss; Shares Rise @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
The best news in Oracle' earnings report? There was no bad news.
- Oracle Shakes Off Wall Street's Worries, Beats Estimates in Q2 @ AllThingsD - 9 hours ago
A solid beat puts concerns of a slow quarter to rest.
- Oracle Rising: FYQ2 Beats, Q3 Revenue, EPS Views In-Line @ Barrons.com - 9 hours ago
Shares of Oracle (ORCL) are down 49 cents, or 1.4%, at $34.11, after the company this afternoon beat fiscal Q2 expectations, despite declines in both new software license sales and hardware sales. Revenue in the three months ended in November rose 2%, year over year, to $9.28 billion, yielding EPS of 69 cents.
- Oracle Confusion on Earnings 24/7 Wall St. - 9 hours ago
Oracle Corporation (NYSE: ORCL) is out with its highly anticipated earnings report. 24/7 Wall St. warned readers that this report could greatly impact how the market wants to treat the technology and enterprise ...
- Mac Pro to Hit Shelves Thursday @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 9 hours ago
Apple's long-awaited Mac Pro will be available to order beginning Thursday.
- Oracle Revenue Tops Estimates on Demand for Latest Database @ Bloomberg - 9 hours ago
Oracle Corp. reported fiscal second- quarter sales and profit that topped analysts’ estimates as businesses upgraded to its latest database for delivering cloud- computing software.
- Is the LG Chromebase the opposite of the Mac Pro? @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Two desktop computers, Apple's new Mac Pro and LG's Chromebase, are entering a market full of laptops. So who's buying?
- Smoother Sailing For Oracle? Q2 Earnings, Revenues Beat Street Expectations @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
It's been three months since Oracle CEO Larry Ellison skipped out on his company's mixed earnings?to watch his America's Cup sailing team pull off a memorable comeback. Now it's time for his own company to tack in the right direction. Oracle reported second fiscal quarter results on Wednesday of 69 [...]
- Oracle's new software sales fell 1 percent in second quarter Reuters - 9 hours ago
Oracle Corp on Wednesday reported a 1 percent decrease in new software sales and Internet-based software subscriptions in its fiscal second quarter. The world's No. 2 software maker had forecast that new ...
- DOJ victory in SAC insider trading trial @ Financial Times - 9 hours ago
A former top aide to SAC Capital's founder was found guilty of insider trading handing the US government another victory its long-running crackdown on Wall Street corruption. After just a day of deliberations ...
- Microsoft pulls latest Surface Pro 2 update following user complaints @ The Verge - 9 hours ago
Microsoft has some trouble on its hands with the latest Surface Pro 2 firmware update. The company has abruptly pulled the update after reports of failed installations (and battery issues in instances where the update was successful). Microsoft originally pushed out the new firmware as part of its December package of …
- Keen On… 2013: Robert Scoble’s Person And Company Of The Year @ TechCrunch - 9 hours ago
2013 has been kind to one of Silicon Valley's most iconic characters - the blogger, tech evangelist and writer Robert Scoble. He published a well received new book, Age of Context: Mobile, Sensors, Data ...
- SAC's Steinberg faints while awaiting insider trading verdict Reuters - 10 hours ago
Michael Steinberg, a top portfolio manager at Steven A. Cohen's SAC Capital Advisors hedge fund, fainted in a Manhattan federal courtroom on Wednesday as he awaited a jury's verdict in his insider trading case. Steinberg fainted shortly after the presiding judge, U.S. District Judge Richard Sullivan, called jurors into …
- BlackBerry Earnings Preview: Enterprise Defections And BBM Strategy In Focus @ Seeking Alpha - 10 hours ago
BlackBerry ( BBRY ) is set to announce its Q3 FY 2014 results on December 20. (Fiscal yers end with February.) The company is taking deep market share cuts on the handset front, as BB10 has failed to spur ...
- Apple's Mac Pro finally arrives and it ain't cheap @ Investor's Business Daily - 10 hours ago
Apple's Mac Pro finally arrives and it ain't cheap
- [$$] Oracle Wraps Up a Rocky Year @ The Wall Street Journal - 10 hours ago
On Wednesday, investors will get a better read on whether Oracle's difficult year was a blip, or if the competition is starting to dent the corporate-technology giant.
- AMC's Yeah! interactive streaming movie service comes to iPad tomorrow @ Engadget - 10 hours ago
AMC Networks launched its Yeah! streaming service at SXSW 2013, and this week's debut marks the first major update since the platform's introduction back in March. Yeah! will be coming to iPad tomorrow, ...
- Apple's Mac Pro available for order Thursday @ San Jose Mercury News - 10 hours ago
Apple will start taking orders for its high-end Mac Pro desktop computer on Thursday.
- Apple’s Cook Kicks Off ‘Made in USA’ Push With Mac Pro @ Bloomberg - 10 hours ago
Apple Inc. will take orders tomorrow for the new Mac Pro personal computer, which is being built in Texas with components made domestically as part of Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook’s $100 million Made-in-the-USA ...
- Rumor: Apple May Partner With Taiwan Semiconductor @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 10 hours ago
The latest generation of Apple chips may come from a new supplier and feature a radically different manufacturing process.
- UPDATED - Boom! IBM Follows Amazon To A Mainland Chinese Offering @ Forbes - 10 hours ago
Update - IBM responded to my questions about the future of Smart Cloud Enterprise + by saying "SCE plus is not going anywhere. ?It is our highest level cloud offering for mission critical workloads. ?The migration to softlayer is for the base smartcloud enterprise, not the premier sce+ which enjoys [...]
- Apple Mac Pro orders to begin Thursday Associated Press - 11 hours ago
Apple will start taking orders for its high-end Mac Pro desktop computer on Thursday. The black, cylinder-shaped machine is assembled in Austin, Texas, consistent with Apple's pledge to move manufacturing ...
- Apple's Mac Pro to Go on Sale @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
Apple on Thursday will begin selling the newest version of the Mac Pro online and in stores at a starting price of $2,999.
- Big Data Tech Providers Poised For Explosive Growth @ Investor's Business Daily - 11 hours ago
Big Data Tech Providers Poised For Explosive Growth