- IBM to pay Globalfoundries to take chip unit Reuters - 27 minutes ago
REUTERS - IBM Corp (IBM.N) said it would hive off its loss-making semiconductor unit to contract-chipmaker Globalfoundries Inc to focus on cloud computing, mobile and big data analytics. IBM will pay Globalfoundries ...
- Tech Stocks from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 28 minutes ago
Tech Stocks from Briefing.com
- IBM to pay $1.5B to shed its chip division Associated Press - 30 minutes ago
IBM is paying $1.5 billion to Globalfoundries in order to shed its costly chip division. IBM will make payments to the chipmaker over three years, but it will take a $4.7 billion charge in the third quarter ...
- It’s official: IBM to sell chip-making biz to GlobalFoundries @ Gigaom - 30 minutes ago
IBM has cut a deal to offload semiconductor manufacturing to GlobalFoundries.
- Why Apple (AAPL) Stock Might be a Great Pick Zacks - 35 minutes ago
Apple is seeing solid earnings estimate revision activity, and is in great company from a Zacks Industry Rank perspective.
- [$$] SAP Cuts Outlook @ The Wall Street Journal - 52 minutes ago
Enterprise software provider SAP lowered its earnings outlook for this year, even as it reported a 15% increase in third-quarter net profit, boosted by growth in subscriptions for its cloud-based software ...
- [video] Apple's iPhone 6 'gift of choice' this holiday? @ CNBC - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
David Garrity, GVA Research, provides a preview of Apple's quarterly results on the heels of its record-breaking iPhone 6 debut and ahead of Apple Pay.
- Apple Pay Is Here And It's Going To Be Great: Why The Skeptics Have It Wrong @ Forbes - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
Apple's mobile wallet Apple Pay goes live today with skeptics questioning the need and lots of misinformation running about. This deep dive will answer some of your most important questions about the new technology and explain why it really is the next big thing.
- IBM to pay $1.5B to offload loss-making chip arm @ CNBC - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
IBM is selling its loss-making semiconductor unit to contract-chipmaker Globalfoundries, the companies announced on Monday.
- Don't Believe The Hype About A Yahoo Turnaround @ Investopedia - 1 hour 28 minutes ago
Yahoo Chief Executive Marissa Mayer has recently claimed the company's core display advertising business is starting to show signs of a turnaround. Unfortunately, there may be less to this achievement ...
- Demanda débil y cargos extraordinarios llevan a Philips a pérdida en el 3er trim Reuters - 1 hour 40 minutes ago
ÁMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Philips reportó una pérdida neta en el tercer trimestre luego de que una débil demanda en mercados clave como Rusia y China se vio agravada por un fallo adverso en una demanda de patentes y amortizaciones sobre sus inventarios. El grupo holandés de servicios de salud e iluminación dijo que espera que …
- Apple, IBM earnings eyed as markets recover @ CNBC - 2 hours 36 minutes ago
U.S. stock index futures are signalling a higher open on Wall Street on Monday.
- SAP cloud sales quicken, deferred sales hit outlook Reuters - 4 hours ago
German business software maker SAP (SAPG.DE) on Monday cut its outlook for full-year operating profit amid an accelerating shift by customers to buy its software over the Internet rather than as packaged software, delaying recognition of those sales. Company executives said the accelerating switch from license-software …
- How Does Google Handle IT for Its Workers? @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Being less rigid about technology can benefit a business’s culture and bottom line, says Google CIO Ben Fried.
- [$$] Peering Through Windows to See the Future of Microsoft @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Windows can have a place in Microsoft’s future. The trick will be tweaking the business without cracking it.
- [$$] Apple’s Core Still the Main Course @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Ahead of the Tape: Monday will mark another financial milestone for Apple Inc.—it will gain a small toehold in financial services with its Apple Pay service.
- [$$] Yahoo CEO Set to Refresh Turnaround Plan @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Yahoo chief Marissa Mayer will seek to fend off a challenge from activist investor Starboard this week by detailing her plan for turning around the struggling Internet business.
- IBM to pay $1.5B to offload chip arm: WSJ @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
IBM (NYSE: IBM) is to hive off its loss-making semiconductor unit to contract-chipmaker Globalfoundries, The Wall Street Journal reports. The U.S. tech giant will pay Globalfoundries $1.5 billion to take ...
- SAP cuts profit outlook as more customers switch to cloud Reuters - 6 hours ago
German business software maker SAP on Monday cut its outlook for full-year operating profit amid an accelerating shift by customers to buy its software over the Internet rather than as packaged software, delaying recognition of those sales. Company executives said the accelerating switch from license-software sales to …
- SAP Cuts 2014 Forecast as Third-Quarter Earnings Trail Es @ Bloomberg - 6 hours ago
SAP SE, the world’s largest supplier of business-management software, cut its full-year earnings forecast after third-quarter operating profit trailed analysts’ estimates as clients shift to programs accessed over the Web. Third-quarter earnings on that basis rose to 1.36 billion euros, compared with the 1.37 billion-euro …
- A Microsoft smartwatch could appear in weeks @ Engadget - 6 hours ago
Do you remember Spot? Well, that was Microsoft's very early smartwatch effort, lost in the mists of bygone technology. Finally, a long time coming, a more modern effort from the company is apparently on ...
- Goodbye wallet, hello iPhone? Apple big Pay-day @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Apple's new mobile payment service bets consumers will no longer want to carry their wallets, credit cards or even cash.
- Google gives you the tools to build apps for Android 5.0 Lollipop @ Engadget - 7 hours ago
The official Android 5.0 Lollipop upgrade for your phone may be weeks away, but Google has delivered all the ingredients for you to make Lollipop-ready apps. The search firm has released both the finished ...
- IBM to pay $1.5bn to shed chip-making business @ Financial Times - 8 hours ago
IBM has agreed to pay $1.5bn as part of a deal to shed its loss-making chip manufacturing arm and avoid the billions of dollars in capital spending it was facing to upgrade its manufacturing technology. ...
- Globalfoundries to take over IBM chip unit @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
IBM reaches an agreement for Globalfoundries to take over its semiconductor operations, The Wall Street Journal reports.
- IBM Reportedly Pays $1.3 Billion to GlobalFoundries to Take Failing Chip Unit @ TheStreet.com - 11 hours ago
IBM looks to be plugging a $1.5 billion drain on its earnings with a semiconductor unit sale to Abu Dhabi-owned GlobalFoundries.
- IBM Sets Announcement on Monday, Possibly on Chip-Making Unit @ The New York Times - 12 hours ago
Analysts say the most likely possibility is that it has a deal in its long-running effort to shed its computer chip manufacturing operations.
- Microsoft Plans To Launch A Wearable Device Within Weeks @ Forbes - 15 hours ago
The cross-platform smart watch will passively monitor heart rate and have a battery life of more than two days, sources say.
- Android wars are raging as rivals challenge Google's dominance @ Financial Times - 16 hours ago
The phone in your pocket is probably an Android device, and if you live in a western country, it is almost certainly running the Google version of Android and thus is bristling with Google's services: ...
- How Apple’s fall event affects my digital strategy for the next 12 months @ Gigaom - 17 hours ago
Apple's product lineup for the next six months is probably set after last Thursday's event, which means it's time to reassess what I need as an active Apple user for the next year.
- The computer as copilot: Charting the growth of navigation tech @ Engadget - 18 hours ago
Pretty soon, we may not even have to drive ourselves, but we'll still need to rely on the incredibly complex infrastructure of satellites and gadgets to get us from point A to point B. In this week's Rewind, ...
- If You're Going To Buy A New iPhone Or iPad, Get Ready To Pay At Least $100 Extra Business Insider - 20 hours ago
If you're smart, the prices listed above won't...
- Weekly Highlights: Apple's New iPads, HBO Go Without Cable And More Benzinga - 20 hours ago
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL ) received a ton of attention this week after hyping its long-awaited October event, but the final results were not as exciting as the firm's massive September press conference ...
- A “future” merger of Android and Chrome? Google’s already doing that Gigaom - 21 hours ago
News of a single person in charge of engineering for Google's Chrome and Android platforms suggest to some that the two will merge in the future. Hasn't that already been happening for the past two or ...
- APPLE EARNINGS PREVIEW: Just How Massive Was The iPhone 6, Really? Business Insider - 22 hours ago
It's Apple earnings time. Apple reports...
- How many Macs did Apple sell last quarter? @ Fortune - Sun, Oct 19, 2014 6:47 AM EDT
The average estimate of 33 analysts is 4.85 million, which would mean Apple outgrew the industry for 33 of the last 34 quarters.
- Huffington: Burned-out tech workers can't connect to others @ USA TODAY - Sun, Oct 19, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
Tech companies themselves should lead the fight against "burnout," she said.
- Apple's new iPads, the Nexus 6 and other stories you might've missed @ Engadget - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 8:56 PM EDT
Get ready, ya'll. It's been a doozie of a week. Not only did Apple unveil new iPads and a Retina iMac, Google took the wraps off the Nexus 6 and its own media streamer. That's not all we have on deck, ...
- Facebook wants the DEA to promise that it won't create fake accounts @ Engadget - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 7:42 PM EDT
Remember how the DEA got caught impersonating a woman on Facebook in an attempt to catch criminals who contacted her? Yeah, Facebook isn't at all pleased. It just sent a letter asking the anti-drug agency ...
- Bill Gates Reveals The 3 Most Important Business Lessons He Learned From Warren Buffett Business Insider - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Few people in the US are more successful than...
- How A 'Small But Mighty' Team Of Googlers Is Using Maps To Save People And The Planet Business Insider - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 10:27 AM EDT
It's 2008 and five Google employees are in the...
- How many iPads did Apple sell last quarter? @ Fortune - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 8:27 AM EDT
The analysts estimates range from 11.5 million to 15.4 million. Average: 13.1 million.
- [$$] Rivals Slow Google’s Money Machine @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 12:09 AM EDT
Google’s search-advertising business, the money machine that made the company one of the world’s most valuable, may be slowing as alternatives grab more marketing dollars.
- [$$] The Big View of Apple's iPad Announcements @ Barrons.com - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 12:01 AM EDT
Some of the more seasoned members of the technology press chided me last week, over cocktails atop a San Francisco hotel, for making the trip to Cupertino to attend an Apple media event. Apple (AAPL) announced new iPads and new Mac computers Thursday, news these seasoned Apple watchers received with a yawn. The media, …
- [$$] iPhone 6 Plus versus iPad Mini @ Barrons.com - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 12:01 AM EDT
Apple devotees have been presented with a quandary. The company a month ago introduced two new models of its iPhone. One of them is a vanishingly light and slender slip of a thing called the iPhone 6. For anyone who liked the iPhone already, this is a no-brainer: the same elegant software, improved electronics, and a …
- Multinacional española Indra inaugura su nueva sede corporativa en Lima EFE - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 11:14 PM EDT
La multinacional de consultoría y tecnología española Indra inauguró hoy en Lima su nueva sede corporativa, en un acto que contó con la asistencia del expresidente del BID, Enrique Iglesias.
- iFixit takes a peek inside Apple's new '5K' iMac @ Engadget - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 8:45 PM EDT
Sure, we were only just introduced to Apple's 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K Display, but the folks at iFixit are already tearing one apart. Inside they found a screen made by LG Display, and a setup similar ...
- Apple Loop: Laser-Thin iPads, Life Lessons From Steve Jobs, Apple SIM Threatens Network Domination @ Forbes - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 7:23 PM EDT
This week’s Apple Loop covers the October 16th event, the new iPads, a new marketing phrase in 5K Retina, the update to the Mac Mini, thoughts on the missing 32 GB options, OSX Yosemite arrives, iOS 8.1 revealed, life lessons from Steve Jobs, and did Apple really cripple Finland?
- Big tech earnings on tap: How to play the trade @ CNBC - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 7:13 PM EDT
With several tech companies reporting quarterly earnings next week, the CNBC "Fast Money" traders shared their plays.
- Google explains how it fights piracy in search results @ Engadget - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 6:58 PM EDT
The anti-piracy road hasn't played out easy for Google, to the point where past claims have stated that the company's efforts simply aren't working. But Google says it's doing everything it can to combat ...