- Hackers face US charges for allegedly stealing Xbox, army technology Reuters - 19 minutes ago
- Alcatel-Lucent Nuage Venture's SDN Solutions for Oracle Linux (revised) Zacks - 19 minutes ago
Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) recently announced that Nuage Networks, its venture for software-defined networking (SDN) solutions, will be extending its offerings for Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux, Oracle's ...
- Tech Stocks from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 21 minutes ago
Tech Stocks from Briefing.com
- Why Oracle acquired TOA Technologies to gain an advantage Market Realist - 22 minutes ago
In July 2014, Oracle (ORCL) acquired TOA technologies, maker of software for companies centered around field services in the cloud space.
- Pebble Lowers Prices, Expands Retail Presence and Adds New Activity-Tracking Features Entrepreneur - 22 minutes ago
- Can HP's $200 Windows Laptop Slow Chromebook Onslaught? @ TheStreet.com - 24 minutes ago
HP introduced its new line of inexpensive Windows laptops and tablets designed to compete, head-on, with Google's popular Chromebooks and Android tablets.
- [$$] Mellanox Boosted by Intel's Grantley @ Barrons.com - 25 minutes ago
Mellanox Technologies (MLNX:Nasdaq) By MKM Partners ($30.81, Sept. 29, 2014) We are upgrading shares of Mellanox Technologies to Overweight from Neutral and raising our price target to $50 from $40 on the belief that the company is well-positioned to capitalize on the Grantley upgrade cycle, which should drive revenue …
- LIVE: Microsoft Is About To Give Us A Look At The Next Version Of Windows Business Insider - 33 minutes ago
Microsoft is holding an event in San Francisco...
- Will Google Buy PayPal? @ 24/7 Wall St. - 36 minutes ago
Now that eBay has agreed to spin off its PayPal division, we can’t help but wonder what the future holds for PayPal as an independent company.
- Apple: Jefferies Starts at Hold; Android Has Caught Up, Samsung Displays the Future @ Barrons.com - 39 minutes ago
Shares of Apple (AAPL) are up $1.14, or 1%, at $101.24, following a positive note from Rob Cihra of Evercore Partners, who raised his price target on the shares to $125 after raising estimates on a better-than-expected outlook for iPhone sales, led by the new iPhone 6. Bajikar thinks Apple's strategy of limiting device …
- Ebay escindirá su filial de pagos Paypal en 2015 Reuters - 40 minutes ago
Por Supantha Mukherjee (Reuters) - Ebay dijo que escindirá PayPal, su unidad de pagos que está creciendo rápidamente y que se convertirá en una empresa que cotice en bolsa en el segundo semestre de 2015. La noticia provocaba un alza de un 7 por ciento de las acciones de eBay a 56,35 dólares en el Nasdaq. El presidente ejecutivo …
- PayPal in Play for Google as Leftover EBay Invites LBO Bloomberg - 59 minutes ago
EBay announced today that it's spinning off the PayPal payment-services business from its online marketplaces to unlock value at a $70 billion company whose valuation has been sagging lately. The move may make either half of the San Jose, California-based company a target as industry acquirers from Alibaba Group Holding …
- Google gives students unlimited cloud storage @ Engadget - 1 hour 1 minute ago
Google's invasion of our classrooms (and its war on paper) continues unabated. Back in August in the search giant released an online education tool for teachers who wanted to digitally manage their classes, ...
- [video] Jim Cramer on eBay, PayPal Split: Better Late Than Never @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 14 minutes ago
eBay announced Tuesday that it plans to spin off its PayPal business into a separate, publicly traded company in 2015.
- Should Rambus Inc. (RMBS) Stock Be in Your Portfolio Now? Zacks - 1 hour 22 minutes ago
On Sep 30, Zacks Investment Research upgraded Rambus Inc. (RMBS) to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy).
- REPORT: Apple Will Start Mass Producing Its Smartwatch In January Business Insider - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
Apple may begin mass producing units of its...
- China approves iPhone 6 after security assurances @ San Jose Mercury News - 1 hour 30 minutes ago
China's phone regulator said Tuesday it has approved Apple's iPhone 6 for use on Chinese networks after the company promised never to install 'backdoors' to give other governments access to users' information....
- [video] EU probes Apple's Ireland tax deal @ CNNMoney.com - 1 hour 43 minutes ago
Apple could be forced to pay pack billions of dollars if the European Union finds that Ireland's tax deal with Apple broke state aid rules.
- Apple Rising: Evercore Ups Target to $125, Raises Estimates on iPhone Cycle @ Barrons.com - 1 hour 44 minutes ago
Shares of Apple (AAPL) are up $1.35, or 1.4%, at $101.46, after Evercore Partners's Rob Cihra this morning reiterated an Overweight rating, and a $125 price target, and raised his estimates for iPhone sales this quarter and next on what is turning out to be an "even stronger-than-expected iPhone 6/6 Plus product cycle." …
- Should Yahoo Buy AOL? @ Fox Business - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
If Marissa Mayer?s Yahoo were a TV drama instead of an Internet company, its Nielsen ratings would be off the charts.
- Consumers Need a Good Reason to Buy 'Smart' Wearable Devices @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
The devices are expected to have an impact on revenue once manufacturers can overcome consumers' reluctance to actually buy the products.
- People are now bending iPhones in Apple Stores CNNMoney.com - 1 hour 58 minutes ago
Curiosity takes people to some weird places sometimes. To find out whether the iPhone 6 Plus can actually bend, some are testing it out for themselves -- in Apple Stores. Two British teenagers who call ...
- 10 Investor Questions About The eBay Inc-PayPal Split Benzinga - 2 hours 7 minutes ago
News of the eBay Inc (NASDAQ: EBAY ) PayPal split is hitting the market this Tuesday morning. Some analysts have already theorized about the scenario. Back in March, Robert S. Peck , Managing Director ...
- Experts, Investors Applaud eBay Inc-PayPal Split Benzinga - 2 hours 12 minutes ago
Investors, experts and industry analysts have applauded eBay Inc 's (NASDAQ: EBAY ) decision to part ways with PayPal. "I think they had to do it," Rob Enderle, principal analyst at Enderle Group, ...
- [video] Mossberg: Liberated PayPal threat to Apple Pay @ CNBC - 2 hours 16 minutes ago
Walter Mossberg, Re/code co-executive editor, discusses what spinning off PayPal means for eBay, and other competitors in the space. Mossberg says Apple cannot afford to execute Apple Pay poorly.
- EBay to split off lucrative PayPal business Associated Press - 2 hours 18 minutes ago
- Google Chair Eric Schmidt's 8 Rules For Running A Great Meeting Business Insider - 2 hours 27 minutes ago
You may have become so used to bad meetings...
- EBay to Split Off PayPal as Mobile Payments Gain Ground Bloomberg - 12 minutes ago
EBay Inc. (EBAY) is splitting off its PayPal division, throwing the business into direct competition with Apple Inc. (AAPL) and Google Inc. as consumers step up the use of smartphones and computers to pay for goods and services. Activist shareholder Carl Icahn had pushed for a split earlier this year, only to be rebuffed …
- Early Glance: Telecom companies Associated Press - 2 hours 41 minutes ago
Shares of some top telecom companies are mixed at 10 a.m.: AT&T Inc. fell $.06 or .2 percent, to $35.17. Verizon Communications Inc. rose $.04 or .1 percent, to $49.79.
- Early Glance: Computer companies Associated Press - 2 hours 41 minutes ago
Shares of some top computer companies are mixed at 10 a.m.: Apple Inc s rose $.55 or .5 percent, to $100.66. Hewlett Packard Co. rose $.14 or .4 percent, to $35.11. International Business Machines Corp. ...
- China Finally Approves Apple's New iPhones @ BusinessWeek - 2 hours 52 minutes ago
China's Ministry of Information Technology had been expressing concern about possible security weaknesses in the IOS operating system of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Why You’ll Never Leave Facebook for Ello @ Money - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
It’s hard to build a large network using a freemium strategy.
- A look at eBay and PayPal Associated Press - 2 hours 56 minutes ago
E-commerce company eBay said Tuesday that it is spinning off its mobile payment service PayPal into a separate and publicly traded company next year. The companies have been intertwined since eBay bought ...
- Cowen’s 3 Top Security Software Stocks to Buy @ 24/7 Wall St. - 3 hours ago
The analysts at Cowen just completed the firm's third security software reseller survey, and industry growth remains very solid.
- AOL Wants to Be Every Advertising Agency's Very Best Friend @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
AOL has the television advertising industry in its sights as it embarks on a mission of turning the traditional ways of buying and selling commercials on its head.
- Microsoft & Pearson VUE Team Up for Certification Programs Zacks - 3 hours ago
Microsoft Corp. (MSFT), in partnership with Pearson VUE, is harnessing the cloud to make it convenient for people to take certification exams.
- Apple Approved to Sell iPhone 6 in China: What Wall Street's Saying @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Apple said Tuesday that it will begin selling the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in China beginning Oct. 17. Here's what analysts were saying about Apple on Tuesday.
- UPDATE: Jefferies Initiates Coverage On Apple Inc. Benzinga - 3 hours ago
Jefferies initiated coverage on of Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL ) with a Hold rating and $110 price target. A team of analysts led by Sundeep Bajikar felt that growth in the Apple ecosystem is critical to ...
- We'll Probably Never Fully Embrace Wearables Like The Apple Watch @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Tech analysts says smartwatches, bracelets and glasses will boom over the next couple of years but warn that they will fade quickly if they don't find their niches.
- PayPal to separate from eBay in 2015 @ San Jose Mercury News - 3 hours ago
The San Jose company's payments business will become a separate and publicly traded company next year. EBay CEO John Donahoe will step down once the spinoff is complete.
- Microsoft’s quest for low-end Windows sales begins: $99 tablet, $199 laptop from HP Gigaom - 4 hours ago
Microsoft said it was taking the low-cost market seriously and now it has proof: A pair of tablets and two laptops from HP that use Windows 8.1 with Bing and come with a year of Office 365 personal plus ...
- [video] Cramer on eBay: Better late than never @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
CNBC's Jim Cramer weighs in on eBay's move to separate PayPal as a separate entity, and discusses if there is now opportunity for eBay to be bought.
- [video] EBay spins PayPal: What changed? @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
CNBC's David Faber speaks to eBay CEO John Donahoe about the circumstances that led eBay to change course and split off PayPal.
- Tech Five: Apple launching iPhone in China next month @ USA TODAY - 4 hours ago
The company's iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus launching October 17.
- [video] Apple, Microsoft & Google could all buy PayPal: Expert @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Bill Smead, Smead Capital, provides his take on potential suitors for PayPal after its split from eBay.
- TiVo's Android app now supports streaming @ Engadget - 4 hours ago
It was nearly a year ago that TiVo brought streaming to its iOS apps, enabling you to watch recorded shows anywhere with a WiFi signal. Eleven months later, and the company has finally added the same functionality ...
- Data Sheet—Tuesday, September 30, 2014 @ Fortune - 4 hours ago
Good morning, Data Sheet readers. eBay has decided to spin out its PayPal digital payments division, after months of resisting activist investor Carl Icahn. Lenovo promises aggressive competition with ...
- Microsoft to open Fifth Ave store 5 blocks from Apple CNBC - 5 hours ago
- Apple preps for ‘insatiable’ iPhone 6 demand in China @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
Demand for Apple’s new phone is mounting after the Cupertino company said it would launch the phone in China this month
- How Facebook Atlas Poses a Huge Threat to Yahoo!’s Already Flagging Display Business @ TheStreet.com - 5 hours ago
Yahoo's bruised display ad business faces even more of a beating from Facebook's Atlas ad platform, which can serve highly targeted ads on or off the social network