- 3 Energy CEOs We Still Listen To @ Motley Fool - Sat, Sep 19, 2015 10:10 AM EDT
When these CEOs speak, we listen up and take notes.
- 'Mad Money' Lightning Round: Buy Travelers, Sell CSX @ TheStreet.com - Sat, Sep 19, 2015 6:00 AM EDT
Cramer says buy Priceline Group in stages and take EOG Resources over ConocoPhilips.
- Brazil's Eletrobras sees receiving $556 million from AES's Eletropaulo Reuters - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 6:39 PM EDT
Brazil's state-led electricity utility holding company Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras SA said on Friday it expects to receive 2.23 billion reais ($566 million) from Eletropaulo Metropolitana SA for a 29-year-old debt. The amount requested by Eletrobras, as the Brazilian state utility is known, is nearly a third greater …
- A Dovish Fed Lifts Utility Stocks @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 6:01 PM EDT
Utilities responded bullishly to a dovish Fed statement on Thursday. The Dow Jones utility average jumped 1.4%. It easily outperformed the major averages, which staged negative reversals. Utility groups ...
- GBP/USD Pivots Near Wave Measurement Confluence DailyFX - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 1:32 PM EDT
GBP/USD Pivots Near Wave Measurement Confluence
- Utilities Get A Boost Courtesy Of Federal Reserve @ Forbes - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 1:06 PM EDT
The utility industry dodged a bullet on Thursday courtesy of the Federal Reserve. The central bank said it would keep interest rates at current levels at a meeting yesterday. “Recent global economic and financial developments may restrain economic activity somewhat and are likely to put further downward pressure on inflation …
- GBP/USD Topside Targets in Focus Amid Tightening Race Between BoE/Fed DailyFX - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 12:50 PM EDT
GBP/USD Topside Targets in Focus Amid Tightening Race Between BoE/Fed
- NRG to Shift Green Energy to Separate Company 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 12:40 PM EDT
NRG Energy said Friday morning that it plans to create a new company called Greenco to focus on its green energy business.
- Will NRG Energy (NRG) Stock Gain on Debt Reducing Plan? @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 12:01 PM EDT
NRG Energy (NRG) announced its plan to reduce its debt, cut costs, sell assets and buy back shares.
- These 10 Tips Will Help You Look Younger and Fresher This Fall @ Bloomberg - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 9:29 AM EDT
Lightweight gels and lotions that kept you oil-free through the dog days of summer won’t cut it when the chill rolls in, said Bowe. For seriously dry or chapped skin (after you’ve sat through a late-November football game, for instance) bring out big guns like Dr. Jart’s Ceramidin Oil Balm ($35, Sephora.com ) which is …
- GBPUSD Attempts 3rd Bullish Breakout DailyFX - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 9:18 AM EDT
GBPUSD Attempts 3rd Bullish Breakout
- Price & Time: USD/CAD - Important Test Of Support Today DailyFX - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 9:15 AM EDT
Price & Time: USD/CAD - Important Test Of Support Today
- CIG Stock: Is Companhia Energetica Minas Gerais (ADR) a Good Investment? @ Motley Fool - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 9:09 AM EDT
A primer on investing in Brazilian Power company CEMIG’s (CIG) stock.
- Moscovici Says Tax-Base Plan Would Save Companies $1.14 Billion @ Bloomberg - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 7:04 AM EDT
Companies that do business in the European Union would save 1 billion euros ($1.14 billion) per year in administrative costs if the EU were to adopt a common approach to corporate taxation, EU Economic and Tax Commissioner Pierre Moscovici said in a blog post . “The administrative savings for these companies would be around …
- This Trillion-Dollar Portfolio Offers Double the Dividend Yield of the S&P 500 @ Motley Fool - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 6:58 AM EDT
Does a 4.2% dividend yield sound good to you? Then take a gander at this trillion-dollar mega-cap portfolio.
- 'Mad Money' Lightning Round: Eaton Is a Buy, Buy, Buy @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 6:00 AM EDT
Cramer prefers Dominion Resources D to Pepco Holding POM and is sticking with Energy Transfer Partners ETP.
- Aussie, NZ Dollars Rise as Euro Falls Amid Post-FOMC Correction DailyFX - Fri, Sep 18, 2015 2:03 AM EDT
Aussie, NZ Dollars Rise as Euro Falls Amid Post-FOMC Correction
- Clinton says Obama administration decision on Keystone pipeline overdue Reuters - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 8:20 PM EDT
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said on Thursday the Obama administration's decision on whether to approve the Keystone XL pipeline oil pipeline was overdue and she "can't wait too much longer" to say where she stands on the issue. The White House said last month the U.S. State Department continued …
- NRG Exploring Fossil-Fuel Plant Sales, Plan Share Buyback @ Bloomberg - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 7:54 PM EDT
NRG Energy Inc., the worst-performing member of the S&P 500 Utilities Index this year, is considering selling fossil-fuel plants and intends to buy back shares, people with knowledge of the plan said. The biggest U.S. independent power generator will also tell investors in a scheduled presentation on Friday that it’s willing …
- Except in the West, Electricity Generation Rises across the US Market Realist - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 6:07 PM EDT
Electricity generation in the United States increased by 4% to 86.8 million megawatt-hours. Electricity generation in five out of nine census regions rose during the week.
- Home-Equity Loans: A How-To Guide @ Investopedia - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 5:00 PM EDT
Looking for a home-equity loan? The rules are the same as for any other purchase: First, educate yourself, then shop for the best deal.
- Texas Drag on Calpine Shares Is Turning Its 'Smile' to a Frown @ Bloomberg - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 12:22 PM EDT
Calpine Corp. lauds its U-shaped revenue curve. The “Calpine Smile,” as the company described it to investors last year, allows the power producer to make profits whether natural gas prices, a key generation fuel, are low or high. At a conference in Boston this week, Chief Financial Officer Zamir Rauf blamed the stock …
- Career Advice: Accounting Vs. Bookkeeping @ Investopedia - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 12:15 PM EDT
Learn the nuances that separate the similar careers of accounting and bookkeeping, and identify which is better for you based on your skills and career goals.
- US Electricity Generation Rises in Week Ended September 4 Market Realist - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 12:07 PM EDT
Electricity generation in the US increased to 86.8 million MWh for the week ended September 4, a 4% increase from the previous week’s 83.5 million MWh.
- Gold Prices Show Signs of Life DailyFX - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 11:30 AM EDT
Gold Prices Show Signs of Life
- British Pound May Drop, but We’re Waiting for Bigger Shift in Sentiment DailyFX - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 11:30 AM EDT
British Pound May Drop, but We’re Waiting for Bigger Shift in Sentiment
- We’ll Wait to See Major US Dollar Breakout versus the Yen DailyFX - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 11:30 AM EDT
We’ll Wait to See Major US Dollar Breakout versus the Yen
- New Zealand Dollar Forecast Remains Cautiously Bearish DailyFX - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 11:30 AM EDT
New Zealand Dollar Forecast Remains Cautiously Bearish
- Brazil president may roll back proposed spending cuts, taxes -daily Reuters - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 9:03 AM EDT
Brazil's increasingly unpopular president, Dilma Rousseff, has had to negotiate parts of her recently announced austerity measures with skeptical lawmakers, putting in doubt fiscal savings needed to balance Brazil's budget, newspaper Estado de S. Paulo said on Thursday. If the government concedes on the three items …
- 23 Dividend Stocks To Buy Before The Ex-Dividend Date @ Forbes - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 7:11 AM EDT
Here is a sampling of candidates that have established a history of steadily rising dividends and have ex-dividend dates coming up in the weeks ahead.
- Tax-Efficient Retirement Saver Portfolios for Schwab Supermarket Investors @ Morningstar - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
Schwab's solid exchange-traded funds make these stock-heavy portfolios straightforward, cheap, and effective.
- Swiss Franc Soars as SNB Ignores Threat of ECB Stimulus Expansion DailyFX - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 5:36 AM EDT
Swiss Franc Soars as SNB Ignores Threat of ECB Stimulus Expansion
- US Dollar Outlook Favors Gains on Fed Rate Decision Outcome DailyFX - Thu, Sep 17, 2015 3:30 AM EDT
US Dollar Outlook Favors Gains on Fed Rate Decision Outcome
- Tepco Must Improve Monitoring of Fukushima Leaks, Adviser Says @ Bloomberg - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 11:50 PM EDT
Tokyo Electric Power Co., the company behind the wrecked Fukushima nuclear plant north of Tokyo, needs a better monitoring system to alert the public when tainted water leaks from the site into the ocean, as happened recently when rain soaked the region, an independent adviser to the company said. Tokyo Electric “knew …
- USD/CHF Turns Down; 200 Day Average Just Below DailyFX - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 9:48 PM EDT
USD/CHF Turns Down; 200 Day Average Just Below
- USDOLLAR Nears 200 Day Average DailyFX - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 9:48 PM EDT
USDOLLAR Nears 200 Day Average
- GBP/USD Tests Head and Shoulders Neckline DailyFX - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 9:48 PM EDT
GBP/USD Tests Head and Shoulders Neckline
- USD/CAD False Breakdown: Heading Higher? DailyFX - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 9:48 PM EDT
USD/CAD False Breakdown: Heading Higher?
- EUR/USD May High and Fibonacci at 1.1465/73 DailyFX - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 9:48 PM EDT
EUR/USD May High and Fibonacci at 1.1465/73
- New Zealand Dollar Drops as GDP Data Boosts RBNZ Rate Cut Bets DailyFX - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 8:22 PM EDT
New Zealand Dollar Drops as GDP Data Boosts RBNZ Rate Cut Bets
- Which Emerging Markets Are Weathering the Storm? Think Small @ Bloomberg - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 6:44 PM EDT
It's not been smooth sailing for emerging markets, but growth can be found in unexpected places. With Russia imploding and China slowing, investors should look at much smaller countries, with Central Europe providing a cornucopia of opportunities. Here are some bright spots: Hungary, Romania, Poland, the Czech Republi …
- Florida Power Hires Black & Veatch to Triple Solar Capacity @ Bloomberg - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 5:00 PM EDT
NextEra Energy Inc. hired Black & Veatch Corp. to build three solar farms that will triple the photovoltaic capacity of its Florida Power & Light unit. The projects will each have 74 megawatts of capacity, ...
- Mexico's IEnova OKs cap increase, global stock offer Reuters - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 3:39 PM EDT
Mexican energy infrastructure firm IEnova, a unit of U.S.-based Sempra Energy, said its shareholders approved a capital increase of up to 330 million shares at a preferential price of 10 pesos a share worth $200 million, which could be issued in a global stock offer. An eventual public offer will be available in Mexico …
- Palisades nuclear plant shuts down after equipment failure Associated Press - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 12:41 PM EDT
Palisades nuclear power plant in southwestern Michigan shut down Wednesday due to an equipment failure and will get an early start on a planned $58 million refueling, maintenance and inspection project ...
- 3 Tax-Efficient Retirement-Saver Portfolios @ Morningstar - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
We've designed these portfolios to maximize returns while limiting Uncle Sam's take.
- GBP/USD Climbs as Jobs Data Fuels BoE Rate Hike Expectations DailyFX - Wed, Sep 16, 2015 5:20 AM EDT
GBP/USD Climbs as Jobs Data Fuels BoE Rate Hike Expectations
- Debate about Nevada nuclear dump resuming in Las Vegas Associated Press - Tue, Sep 15, 2015 7:00 PM EDT
- Microsoft CEO Nadella: 'Culture is everything' @ USA TODAY - Tue, Sep 15, 2015 6:35 PM EDT
The tech leader tells USA TODAY that burn-out is the enemy of good business.
- Crude Sideways Pattern Tightens DailyFX - Tue, Sep 15, 2015 3:36 PM EDT
Crude Sideways Pattern Tightens
- USDOLLAR Rebounds from 3 Day Losing Streak DailyFX - Tue, Sep 15, 2015 3:36 PM EDT
USDOLLAR Rebounds from 3 Day Losing Streak