- Final Glance: Utilities companies Associated Press - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
Shares of some top utilities companies were up at the close of trading: American Electric Power Co. rose $1.43 or 2.7 percent, to $54.65. Consolidated Edison Inc. Holding Co. rose $.72 or 1.3 percent, ...
- Rule aims to help clear air around Grand Canyon Associated Press - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
- City: Emails show 'cozy' ties of PG&E, regulator Associated Press - 1 hour 38 minutes ago
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks Reuters - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
Stocks ended nearly flat on Monday as the latest deal news offset losses following discouraging data on the housing market and some signs of weakness in the services sector. Dollar Tree Inc (DLTR.O) offered to buy rival discount chain Family Dollar Stores Inc (FDO.N) for about $8.5 billion. The transaction, including …
- Duke agrees to $1.2B deal with ElectriCities Associated Press - 3 hours ago
Duke Energy Progress has agreed to purchase the generating capacity of ElectriCities in a $1.2 billion deal expected to translate into lower power bills for thousands of eastern North Carolina residents. ...
- Copel Gets Approval for Brazil Wind-Farm Joint Venture With Weg @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
Cia. Paranaense de Energia, the Brazilian utility known as Copel, received approval from the country’s antitrust regulator to form a joint venture with the wind-turbine manufacturer Weg SA (WEGE3) for ...
- West's largest coal-fired plant on track to close Associated Press - 4 hours ago
- Wall St dips as housing data disappoints Reuters - 4 hours ago
U.S. stocks slipped on Monday as weak data on the housing market and services sector gave the latest indications that economic conditions were getting worse, taking the S&P 500 below a key support level. An index of pending home sales unexpectedly fell 1.1 percent in June, according to the National Association of Real …
- Spot Power Climbs on Texas Grid as Demand Tops Forecasts @ Bloomberg - 5 hours ago
Spot electric power on the Electric Reliability Council of Texas Inc.’s market gained as demand on the grid surpassed anticipated levels. The high temperature in Dallas today was forecast to be 96 degrees Fahrenheit (36 Celsius), 1 below normal, while New York’s high will be 80 degrees, 4 lower than usual, according to …
- San Bruno alleges 'cozy' relationship between PG&E, regulators after explosion @ Los Angeles Times - 5 hours ago
San Bruno city officials, furious over what they said were overly friendly communications between utility regulators and Pacific Gas Electric Co. related to a fatal 2010 gas pipeline explosion, are calling ...
- Midday Glance: Utilities companies Associated Press - 5 hours ago
Shares of some top utilities companies are up at 1 p.m.: American Electric Power Co. rose $1.02 or 1.9 percent, to $54.24. Consolidated Edison Inc. Holding Co. rose $.55 or 1.0 percent, to $57.53. Dominion ...
- Trial in salmonella outbreak begins in Georgia Associated Press - 6 hours ago
Jury selection is underway in the trial for three people charged in a deadly salmonella outbreak traced to a southwest Georgia peanut plant five years ago. Jury selection began Monday in federal court ...
- Buy These Top 3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks Today: WGL, HPT, EPB @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
These 3 dividend stocks are rated a Buy by TheStreet
- Why Duke Energy (DUK) Stock Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Duke Energy (DUK) is gaining Monday after announcing it will purchase generating assets from North Carolina's Eastern Municipal Power Agency.
- 3 Utility Stocks to Light Up Your Portfolio Zacks - 8 hours ago
The U.S. utility stocks would therefore be a safe bet for risk-averse investors.
- 9 Unfair Advantages That Help People Get Ahead Business Insider - 8 hours ago
- Early Glance: Utilities companies Associated Press - 8 hours ago
Shares of some top utilities companies are up at 10 a.m.: American Electric Power Co. rose $.46 or .9 percent, to $53.68. Consolidated Edison Inc. Holding Co. rose $.30 or .5 percent, to $57.28. Dominion ...
- Successful Entrepreneurs Thrive in Failure, So Embrace It When It's Inevitable Entrepreneur - 8 hours ago
- The 2 Biggest Concerns With Kinder Morgan @ Motley Fool - 9 hours ago
While some investors are unhappy with Kinder Morgan, the company's steady growth continues. So far this year, Kinder Morgan is well on track to reach its annual goals.
- Canada Stocks to Watch: Athabasca Oil, TransAlta, SNC-Lavalin @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
Athabasca Oil, TransAlta and SNC-Lavalin are a few stocks we're watching Monday.
- [$$] Duke Energy to Buy Some Generating Assets for $1.2 Billion @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
Duke Energy agreed to a $1.2 billion deal for certain generating assets from the North Carolina Eastern Municipal Power Agency.
- TransAlta to Build Power Station in Western Australia @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
Canadian power generator TransAlta said Monday it will build a gas power station in Western Australia at a cost of about $536 million.
- US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St little changed with S&P 500 near record Reuters - 9 hours ago
U.S. stocks were little changed on Monday as investors looked ahead to the latest economic data and corporate earnings to give direction to a market near record levels. The Dow Jones industrial average ...
- Semiconductor ETFs on Roller Coaster Ride after Earnings Beat Zacks - 10 hours ago
Though these products were on a wild ride last week despite earnings beat, these could make for a compelling buying opportunity for investors given bright industry outlook.
- NRG Yield Plans $400 Million Green Bond for Alta Wind Buy @ Bloomberg - 10 hours ago
NRG Yield Inc. (NYLD) , a spinoff of mostly renewable energy assets by NRG Energy Inc., plans to offer $400 million in bonds for its purchase of the Alta Wind farm. The so-called green bonds tied to sales ...
- TransAlta to build $536 mln power station in Australia Reuters - 10 hours ago
Canadian power company TransAlta Corp said it would build a A$570 million ($536 million) gas power station in South Hedland, Western Australia. The 150-megawatt (MW) power station will supply to customers of state-owned Horizon Power in the Pilbara region and to Fortescue Metals Group Ltd's port operations, TransAlta said …
- TransAlta to build power station for Australian power plant Reuters - 11 hours ago
Canadian power company TransAlta Corp has agreed to build a A$570 million gas power station in South Hedland, Western Australia. The 150-megawatt gas power station is expected to be in service by 2017, ...
- How to Give Away Your Kids TheStreet.com - 11 hours ago
If something happens to you, will your children be taken care of financially? Here's what you need to know about your child and will.
- Why AMAG Pharmaceuticals (AMAG) Could Be Positioned for a Slump Zacks - 12 hours ago
AMAG Pharmaceuticals one such stock that can be considered to drop as it has witnessed a significant price decline and has seen negative earnings
- 5 Top Dividend Stocks to Hold Through Market Cycles @ Motley Fool - 12 hours ago
Don’t worry about these stocks when the markets gyrate unpredictably.
- Failed Entrepreneurs Find More Success the Second Time @ BusinessWeek - 13 hours ago
Don't give up.
- Student loan debt: Home refinance might help Bankrate.com - 13 hours ago
We have no credit cards or debt other than student loans. Regarding the latter, I have about $50,000 in student loan debt. One issue with the current mortgage is that we will pay $100 a month for the next three years for private mortgage insurance since the equity in the property came from remodeling it. Assuming I can …
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Narcissistic CEOs The Fiscal Times - 13 hours ago
While narcissist CEOs can use their charisma and risk-taking tendencies to lead a company to great financial success and innovation, narcissism among top management is often a double-edge sword. Companies led by narcissistic CEOs reported higher earnings-per-share and share price than companies with non-narcissistic CEOs, …
- Trial in salmonella outbreak set to begin in Ga. Associated Press - 14 hours ago
The trial for three people charged in a deadly salmonella outbreak traced to a southwest Georgia peanut plant five years ago is set to begin. Jury selection starts Monday in federal court in Albany in ...
- SE Asia Stocks - Fall amid weak data, regional holidays Reuters - 14 hours ago
BANGKOK, July 28 (Reuters) - Stocks in Thailand, the Philippines and Vietnam fell on Monday amid holidays in Southeast Asia, with tepid economic data keeping appetite for risk assets in check. The Thai ...
- 7 Most Affordable Electric Vehicles on the U.S. Market @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Sun, Jul 27, 2014 3:26 PM EDT
Green cars aren't all pricey like a Tesla. Here are the seven most affordable electric vehicles now on the U.S. market.
- The Future of These 2 Big Dividends Might Be Powered By Garbage (No, Really) @ Motley Fool - Sat, Jul 26, 2014 12:40 PM EDT
Can garbage and wastewater grow the dividends of Waste Management and Veolia Environnement?
- Promises of easier nuclear construction fall short Associated Press - Sat, Jul 26, 2014 11:04 AM EDT
- Why I Love KMR More Than KMP For High Dividend Income @ Seeking Alpha - Sat, Jul 26, 2014 3:29 AM EDT
Introduction: Why is Kinder Morgan Management, LLC (NYSE: KMR ) a better choice for our portfolio? Because we hold KMR in our taxable account. It is our only position in the taxable non-retirement account. ...
- [$$] When Passive Beats Active @ Barrons.com - Sat, Jul 26, 2014 2:24 AM EDT
The investor who took this column's advice in January of opting for the simplest passive ETFs instead of the stockpicker is ahead of most fund managers for 2014, despite paying a fraction of the cost. "With so little variation, it's just plain difficult to make good picks," Leeson says.
- When to Let a Loved Pet Go @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Jul 26, 2014 12:24 AM EDT
If taking a dog home for the first time is the greatest joy, recognizing that the time has come to end a dog's life is the greatest sorrow.
- [$$] The Right Way to Invest Globally @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Jul 26, 2014 12:24 AM EDT
U.S. investors have ramped up their holdings of foreign stocks. Yet many still don't own enough—or go about it the wrong way.
- [$$] A Tale of Two Cities @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Jul 26, 2014 12:22 AM EDT
The Dickensian misery of expecting people to pay their bills.
- AEP's Q2 results power up Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 6:57 PM EDT
The electricity generator and distributor earned 80 cents a share, a 16% boost compared with Q2 '13. A Thomson Reuters analyst poll estimated 75 cents. Revenue rose 13% to $4.04 bil, above views for $3.96 ...
- Will NextEra Energy (NEE) Beat Earnings Estimates in Q2? Zacks - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 6:10 PM EDT
NextEra Energy, Inc. (NEE) is scheduled to report its second-quarter 2014 results on Jul 29, 2014.
- Will AGL Resources (GAS) Miss on Q2 Earnings This Season? Zacks - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 5:50 PM EDT
AGL Resources Inc. (GAS) is set to report second-quarter 2014 results after the market closes on Jul 29.
- DTE Energy Misses Earnings Estimates, Reiterates Guidance Zacks - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 4:10 PM EDT
DTE Energy (DTE) missed earnings estimates in the second quarter.
- A Closer Look at TC PipeLines' Q2 Earnings @ Motley Fool - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 2:41 PM EDT
Beyond the headlines, here’s what investors need to know about TC PipeLine’s most recent results.
- 5 Utility Mutual Funds for Glowing Returns Zacks - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 2:23 PM EDT
Utilities are well known defensive stocks that produce solid income for their investors.
- Sempra Energy’s Future Could be Fueled by LNG @ Motley Fool - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 2:07 PM EDT
Sempra Energy, like both Cheniere Energy and El Paso Pipeline Partners, has more than one LNG export facility in the works.