- Dominion, Duke to build $5B natural gas pipeline Associated Press - 49 minutes ago
Dominion Resources, Duke Energy and other partners have proposed building a $5 billion natural gas pipeline to connect the Southeast with the prodigious supplies of natural gas being produced in Pennsylvania, ...
- Risk appetite flickers in Europe, ECB speculation holds down euro Reuters - 3 hours ago
Risk appetite flickered back into life in financial markets on Tuesday with the dollar and European and Japanese shares rising while safe-haven bonds, the yen and gold all took a step back. The dollar rose to its highest since January against the yen and the euro sank to a one-year low against the greenback as another …
- Pay taxes on disability income? Say it ain't so Bankrate.com - 3 hours ago
The insurance company is paying all medical bills due to the injury and will be picking up 66 percent of my wages. Do I have to report this disability income? The income you receive for your disability is taxable if it is from an accident or health insurance plan paid for by your employer, as this is considered by the …
- Asian stocks fall, ECB uncertainty continues to pummel euro Reuters - 7 hours ago
Spreadbetters expected an effectively flat open for Europe, with Britain's FTSE, Germany's DAX and France's CAX forecast to open about 0.1 percent higher. MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan lost 0.6 percent after managing to carve out gains on the previous day. The mood was also tempered by persistent …
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian stocks fall, ECB uncertainty continues to pummel euro Reuters - 8 hours ago
* Dollar/yen hits 7-month high as Tokyo shares gain * Spreadbetters expect Europe to open effectively flat * Palladium hovers near 13-1/2 yr high on Ukraine crisis Spreadbetters expected an effectively flat open for Europe, with Britain's FTSE, Germany's DAX and France's CAX forecast to open about 0.1 percent higher …
- RBA keeps rates steady, says China housing a concern @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
As widely expected, the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) on Tuesday left its key cash rate at a record low of 2.5 percent, where it's been since August of last year, and suggested rates will stay on hold ...
- EM ASIA FX-Ringgit, Philippine peso, baht down Reuters - 11 hours ago
Sept 2 (Reuters) - The following table shows rates for Asian currencies against the dollar at 0130 GMT. CURRENCIES VS U.S. DOLLAR Change on the day at 0130 GMT Currency Latest bid Previous day Pct Move ...
- Communities going into power business to cut cost, carbon footprint @ Los Angeles Times - 12 hours ago
Sonoma County, which enticed Americans to forsake factory-made food for artisan wines and farmers market produce, now wants consumers to reconsider another everyday commodity.
- Then and Now With Harmonic Patterns DAX MrTopStep.com - 13 hours ago
THEN on August 1, 2014, I was looking at the daily DAX chart and was looking to see how much a small bullish Crab would retrace with the ideal minimum target at 9497.5 and ideal target of 10056 as well as downside targets of 9069, 8942, 8939 and 8253.5 should 9180.5 fail to hold as support. IN BETWEEN, the two patterns …
- A Mile Below Paris Drillers Hit Hot Pools to Warm Houses @ Bloomberg - 14 hours ago
In the midst of a suburban sprawl halfway between the Eiffel Tower and Paris’s busy Orly airport, a drilling crew works night and day burrowing deep into the Earth’s crust in search of underground heat. The muddied workers from Cofor and Schlumberger Ltd. (SLB) , an oil-services company that typically sinks wells in the …
- China's Li Ning stumbles from gold medal position to no man's land Reuters - 15 hours ago
In 2010, former Chinese gymnast Li Ning led a surging $4 billion sportswear business, a gold-medal pinnacle echoing his victories at the 1984 Olympic Games. Now, the Li Ning (2331.HK) business is more reminiscent of the ex-sportsman's exit from the 1988 Olympics without a podium finish. As customers have turned to aspirational …
- New $1B power line to improve South Texas service Associated Press - 18 hours ago
Construction continues on a new $1 billion electricity line in South Texas that officials said will not only improve service in the state's Rio Grande Valley but also allow energy generated in South Texas ...
- PS4 Update Adding Themes To The Dashboard @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
PS4 dashboards are about to get a lot more customizable. Sony has just announced that the PS4 will follow in the footsteps of the Vita by adding custom themes to the console's Dashboard. The reveal showcased a few animated themes featuring Japanese PlayStation characters Toro and Kuro. Switching through the [...]
- Franchise Players: A Pet Care Franchisee Changed Her Life at 21 Entrepreneur - 22 hours ago
- KPMG refuses to approve BES accounts, warns of further loss Reuters - Mon, Sep 1, 2014 7:30 AM EDT
Auditor KPMG has refused to approve bailed-out Banco Espirito Santo's first-half report and accounts, published on Monday, citing the bank's failure to provide adequate information on its financial position and also warned of possible further losses. BES's consolidated report confirmed a loss of nearly 3.6 billion euros …
- Avoid rate shock from variable-rate HELOC Bankrate.com - Mon, Sep 1, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
I have a variable-rate home equity line of credit, or HELOC, at 2.9 percent. I'd like to convert it to a fixed-rate mortgage. Would it be beneficial to convert from the HELOC to a fixed-rate HELOC, or fixed-rate mortgage, for a 15- to 20-year term? The HELOC balance is $227,000 and there is no other mortgage on the …
- Leaf it out? Charge your phone with a plant @ CNBC - Mon, Sep 1, 2014 5:28 AM EDT
Could clean, renewable energy from the world's plants provide an innovative solution to our energy needs?
- Orix, Kyudenko Complete Solar Station at Former Airport in Japan @ Bloomberg - Mon, Sep 1, 2014 3:05 AM EDT
An 8.2-megawatt solar-power station developed by Orix Corp. (8591) and Kyudenko Corp. (1959) began operations at a former airport in southwestern Japan. The project marks the first time that a solar-power plant was built on a former airport site in Japan, Orix, a Tokyo-based finance and leasing company, and Kyudenko Corp. …
- New GPIF investment manager drawn to cheap Japan mid-caps Reuters - Mon, Sep 1, 2014 1:01 AM EDT
A new investment manager responsible for a small chunk of the $1.2 trillion (0.72 trillion pound) portfolio held by Japan's giant public pension fund says it expects to buy stocks in midsize companies that appear cheap relative to the broader market and have decades of steady profits. Appointed in April to manage 100.4 …
- Why Analysts Say TransCanada Is Undervalued @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Aug 30, 2014 8:01 PM EDT
Growth prospects are strong, especially if pipe and generation assets are split.
- Panel rejects new fee for solar homes in Utah Associated Press - Sat, Aug 30, 2014 6:03 PM EDT
Advocates of renewable energy are hailing the rejection of Rocky Mountain Power's request for a new fee for residential rooftop solar panels in Utah. They're calling the Utah Public Service Commission's ...
- How Market Psychology Drives Technical Indicators @ Investopedia - Sat, Aug 30, 2014 5:00 PM EDT
The tenets of market psychology underlie each and every charting tool.
- [$$] U.S. Utilities Push the Electric Car @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Aug 30, 2014 9:06 AM EDT
Companies that sell electricity are desperately trying to find new ways to sell more kilowatts. Enticing Americans to adopt electric cars would give utilities' profits a jolt.
- [$$] How to Fire Your Financial Adviser @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Aug 30, 2014 9:02 AM EDT
Weekend Investor: Cutting ties with someone who has helped you navigate tough financial issues can be difficult. Here's how to do it.
- 4 ways to increase your salary potential @ USA TODAY - Sat, Aug 30, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
There are things beyond a college degree that can increase your earnings power.
- Cybercrime and Your Investments: What You Need to Know @ Morningstar - Sat, Aug 30, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
Two financial-industry experts discuss what investors can do to protect themselves and their assets, plus what firms are doing to help fight the problem.
- 6 ways to control overspending in retirement @ USA TODAY - Sat, Aug 30, 2014 6:45 AM EDT
The first place to start is your budget.
- Dollar-Cost Averaging With ETFs @ Investopedia - Sat, Aug 30, 2014 1:00 AM EDT
If you are investing small amounts regularly into an exchange-traded fund, be sure to do it right.
- Balchunas on an Outperforming ‘Invest Locally’ ETF (Audio) @ Bloomberg - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 7:36 PM EDT
Bloomberg analyst Eric Balchunas discusses the Nashville Area ETF (NASH) , which has gained 11 percent this summer, outperforming the S&P 500. Bloomberg Radio’s Catherine Cowdery reports on Exchange-Traded ...
- Costs of coal power plant proposal challenged Associated Press - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 6:28 PM EDT
- Final Glance: Utilities companies Associated Press - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 6:07 PM EDT
Shares of some top utilities companies were up at the close of trading: American Electric Power Co. rose $.38 or .7 percent, to $53.70. Consolidated Edison Inc. Holding Co. rose $.16 or .3 percent, to ...
- Duke proposes $1.9 billion Indiana grid upgrade Associated Press - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 4:38 PM EDT
Duke Energy asked state regulators Friday to approve a nearly $2 billion upgrade of its Indiana electric grid, improvements the utility said would help reduce power outages by adding "self-healing" ...
- Colombia Central Bank Rate Statement (Text) (Spanish) @ Bloomberg - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 2:16 PM EDT
Following is the text from Colombia ’s Central Bank statement. Junta Directiva del Banco de la República aumenta en 25 puntos básicos tasa de interés de intervención La Junta Directiva del Banco de la ...
- Midday Glance: Utilities companies Associated Press - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 1:19 PM EDT
Shares of some top utilities companies are up at 1 p.m.: American Electric Power Co. rose $.25 or .5 percent, to $53.57. Consolidated Edison Inc. Holding Co. rose $.04 or .1 percent, to $57.77. Dominion ...
- If Thomas Edison's Trees Could Talk @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 11:21 AM EDT
An innovative program turns damaged or diseased trees from historically significant properties into artwork. Now on view: 'witness trees' from the famed inventor's New Jersey home and studio.
- Duke halting coal burning at Ohio plant Associated Press - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 11:08 AM EDT
A utility says it will stop burning coal at a southwest Ohio power plant that was the site of a recent oil spill into the Ohio River. Charlotte, North Carolina-based Duke Energy says it will retire the ...
- Early Glance: Utilities companies Associated Press - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 10:31 AM EDT
Shares of some top utilities companies are mixed at 10 a.m.: American Electric Power Co. rose $.08 or .2 percent, to $53.40. Consolidated Edison Inc. Holding Co. rose $.06 or .1 percent, to $57.79. Dominion ...
- CEMIG Long-term Growth Looks Good, Near-term Risks Prevail Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 10:30 AM EDT
On Aug 25, 2014, we issued an updated research report on Companhia Energetica de Minas Gerais (CIG), also known as CEMIG.
- QEP Resources Scales 52-Week High, But Poised For A Breather Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 10:10 AM EDT
Having risen to a 52-week high of $35.48, shares of Zacks Rank #3 (Hold) independent energy company QEP Resources Inc. (QEP) are likely to take a breather.
- Invest In Large-Cap Value Stocks With This ETF @ Investopedia - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 9:30 AM EDT
What's the best ETF for investing in large-cap value stocks? Read on...
- Stock Market News for August 29, 2014 Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 9:25 AM EDT
Markets ended in the red and the S&P fell below the record 2k mark as concerns about Russia-Ukraine tension overshadowed encouraging U.S. economic data
- 5 Ways to Turn Your Workstation Into a Workout Station Entrepreneur - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 7:30 AM EDT
- Don't Dump On The Dogs @ Investopedia - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
Just because a stock is in a slump doesn't mean it's time to sell. Some value managers make a living by investing in "dogs."
- How to save for retirement while in your 20s Bankrate.com - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
I'm interested in individual retirement accounts. What should I look for and with whom should I start the conversation on retirement savings?
- How do I narrow down my used car choices? Bankrate.com - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
- Floating Solar Power Hits Land-Squeezed Japan Under Kyocera Plan @ Bloomberg - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 4:56 AM EDT
With real estate in short supply, developers of solar power projects in Japan are beginning to look beyond the island nation’s land surfaces. Kyocera Corp. (6971) and Century Tokyo Leasing Corp. (8439) plan to build two solar power stations that are designed to float on the surface of reservoirs. The idea addresses a …
- EM ASIA FX-Rupiah, ringgit, baht, won ease Reuters - Thu, Aug 28, 2014 9:40 PM EDT
Aug 29 (Reuters) - The following table shows rates for Asian currencies against the dollar at 0135 GMT. CURRENCIES VS U.S. DOLLAR Change on the day at 0135 GMT Currency Latest bid Previous day Pct Move ...
- Can You Write That Off?! @ Fox Business - Thu, Aug 28, 2014 8:19 PM EDT
One of the most common questions I hear from self-employed individuals begins with the phrase, ?Can I write off??? I?m often surprised by what follows the question.
- ALLETE Unit and Minnesota National Guard to Build Solar Farm Zacks - Thu, Aug 28, 2014 4:30 PM EDT
ALLETE, Inc.'s (ALE) unit Minnesota Power and Minnesota National Guard have signed a memorandum of understanding to build a 10-megawatt solar energy project at the military base in Camp Ripley.
- Construction time uncertain for Ga. nuclear plant Associated Press - Thu, Aug 28, 2014 4:21 PM EDT
Georgia Power said its $6.7 billion budget to build a new nuclear plant is holding steady, but it reported Thursday that builders face "challenges" sticking to the construction schedule and costs ...