- Stocks Hover at Highs as Tech Offsets Utilities, Energy Selloff @ TheStreet.com - 14 minutes ago
Stocks are higher on the first trading day of March.
- Deutsche Bank Boosts Capacity for A-Shares ETF @ Barrons.com - 22 minutes ago
Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management on Monday took a step toward normalizing the trading mechanics for its popular China "A-shares" exchange-traded fund, diminishing the odds that the fund's price will leapfrog its net-asset value in bouts of heavy buying. Here's what happened: Deutsche boosted the number new shares that …
- Advent hires advisers to expand investments in loyalty plans Reuters - 37 minutes ago
Advent International Corp hired on Monday two executives to advise the Boston-based private-equity firm on finding and assessing potential investments in the customer loyalty plan and marketing industries globally. The firm hired Jeremy Rabe, former chief executive officer of Aeromexico-AIMIA joint venture Premier …
- U.S. stocks extend rally, dollar reaches 11-year high Reuters - 1 hour 19 minutes ago
U.S. stock prices rose on Monday, with the Nasdaq composite touching the 5,000-point mark for the first time in 15 years, while the dollar hit an 11-year high on expectations the Federal Reserve might raise interest rates later this year. This bull market still has some room to go," said Jason Pride, director of investment …
- Midday Glance: Utilities companies Associated Press - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
Shares of some top utilities companies are down at 1 p.m.: American Electric Power Co. fell $1.35 or 2.3 percent, to $56.23. Consolidated Edison Inc. Holding Co. fell $1.24 or 2.0 percent, to $61.91. Dominion ...
- FX Sales Remain Steady in March as Norwegian Production Slows DailyFX - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
FX Sales Remain Steady in March as Norwegian Production Slows
- UK to build the world's first tidal lagoon power plants @ Engadget - 1 hour 54 minutes ago
It's easy to forget that it's possible to generate electricity not by burning coal or splitting atoms but using the power of the sea. However, one company has thought long and hard about the process and ...
- 4 career lessons you should learn in your 20s @ Fortune - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
Early in your career is the time to leverage your strengths, not overcome your weaknesses.
- AUD/USD March Outlook Hinges on RBA Forward-Guidance, 4Q GDP Report DailyFX - 2 hours 6 minutes ago
AUD/USD March Outlook Hinges on RBA Forward-Guidance, 4Q GDP Report
- Speculation turns to future of AEP plants after PPA decision @ The Business Journals - 2 hours 21 minutes ago
Now that American Electric Power Company Inc. has lost its initial bid for a power purchase agreement, the question becomes whether the company will start looking to sell or spin off its Ohio power plants. State regulators last week rejected AEP Ohio's proposal to guarantee the Columbus utility a profit on its share of …
- Manufacturing PMI Contracts in February, USDZAR Consolidates DailyFX - 2 hours 33 minutes ago
Manufacturing PMI Contracts in February, USDZAR Consolidates
- Why Exelon’s utility business was lackluster in 4Q14 Market Realist - 2 hours 35 minutes ago
Exelon's utility division contributed about one-third of Exelon’s total revenue in 4Q14. Exelon’s utility subsidiaries are BGE, ComEd, and PECO.
- Australian Dollar Spec Short Position is Largest Since January 2014 DailyFX - 3 hours ago
Australian Dollar Spec Short Position is Largest Since January 2014
- Keystone XL Pipeline: Down, but certainly not out @ Fortune - 3 hours ago
How long will the oil pipeline be kept in regulatory limbo? It all depends on where oil prices go from here.
- Early Glance: Utilities companies Associated Press - 3 hours ago
Shares of some top utilities companies are down at 10 a.m.: American Electric Power Co. fell $.87 or 1.5 percent, to $56.71. Consolidated Edison Inc. Holding Co. fell $.75 or 1.2 percent, to $62.39. Dominion ...
- Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE) Stock Falls Today Following Friday's Surge @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Shares of Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE) were down in morning trading Monday as investors took profits following the stock's surge Friday after the gas utilities company's fourth-quarter earnings beat.
- PSE&G Proposes $1.6 Billion Upgrade for Gas Infrastructure @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
Public Service Enterprise Group said it submitted a proposal to spend $1.6 billion over the next five years to upgrade gas infrastructure in New Jersey to a state utility regulator.
- Price & Time: GBP/USD Mixed Signals DailyFX - 6 hours ago
Price & Time: GBP/USD Mixed Signals
- Forgot Your Password? Don't Worry — It's in Your Skin Credit.com - 7 hours ago
It's not science fiction anymore — a chip implant can hold your passwords, credit card numbers and health information.
- Too Early to Call a Bottom in EUR-crosses Despite CPI Data DailyFX - 8 hours ago
Too Early to Call a Bottom in EUR-crosses Despite CPI Data
- The surprising cost of replacing cashier's check Bankrate.com - 9 hours ago
I misplaced a cashier's check issued to me when I closed a business account. The bank is willing to eventually replace the check for $35. It's common for a bank to require a set period of time to pass before issuing a replacement for a lost cashier's check. The FAQ section of the website for the Office of the Comptroller …
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase Bankrate.com - 9 hours ago
"If buying a home is your goal, then it needs to be your priority," says Tim Kirchner, formerly vice president of MetLife Bank in Irving, Texas. "The most important focus for all potential buyers should be improving their credit score," says Jean Badciong, chief compliance officer of Inlanta Mortgage in Brookfield, Wisconsin. …
- USD/CAD Candlestick Analysis: Top Confirmation Pending DailyFX - 10 hours ago
USD/CAD Candlestick Analysis: Top Confirmation Pending
- NZD/USD Candlestick Analysis: Bounce Extends for 4th Week DailyFX - 10 hours ago
NZD/USD Candlestick Analysis: Bounce Extends for 4th Week
- GBP/USD Candlestick Analysis: Standstill Sub-1.55 Continues DailyFX - 10 hours ago
GBP/USD Candlestick Analysis: Standstill Sub-1.55 Continues
- USD/JPY Candlestick Analysis: Resistance Below 121.00 Eyed DailyFX - 10 hours ago
USD/JPY Candlestick Analysis: Resistance Below 121.00 Eyed
- SE Asia Stocks -Indonesia hits all-time high; dividend stocks strong in region Reuters - 12 hours ago
Indonesia's stock index hit an all-time high on Monday amid selective buying in banking and consumer shares, while dividend- yielding stocks outperformed in other Southeast Asian markets. The Jakarta composite ...
- Euro to Look Past Inflation Data, US Dollar May Fall on Soft ISM Print DailyFX - 12 hours ago
Euro to Look Past Inflation Data, US Dollar May Fall on Soft ISM Print
- Idemitsu to Build 5MW Geothermal Power Plant in Southwest Japan @ Bloomberg - 12 hours ago
It will be set up near a 27.5-megawatt geothermal power station jointly operated by Kyushu Electric Power Co. and Idemitsu. The new project will use binary technology, a type of geothermal power plant that allows lower-temperature geothermal reserves to be used than is traditionally found in power generation using underground …
- Asia stocks edge up on China rate cut, dollar index at 11-year high Reuters - 13 hours ago
Asian stocks edged higher on Monday as China's weekend interest rate cut partially offset soft U.S. data, while the dollar hit an 11-year high against a basket of currencies. China on Saturday stepped up its easing tempo and cut its lending and deposit rates as the world's second largest economy tries to ward off deflation. …
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia stocks edge up on China rate cut, dollar index at 11-yr high Reuters - 13 hours ago
Asian stocks edged higher on Monday as China's weekend interest rate cut partially offset soft U.S. data, while the dollar hit an 11-year high against a basket of currencies. China on Saturday stepped up its easing tempo and cut its lending and deposit rates as the world's second largest economy tries to ward off …
- EUR/USD Technical Analysis: Digesting Below 1.12 Threshold DailyFX - 15 hours ago
EUR/USD Technical Analysis: Digesting Below 1.12 Threshold
- USD/JPY Technical Analysis: 120.00 Still Limiting the Upside DailyFX - 15 hours ago
USD/JPY Technical Analysis: 120.00 Still Limiting the Upside
- Solar Frontier Will Sell First Solar Plant to MUTB Trust Account @ Bloomberg - 15 hours ago
(Bloomberg) -- Solar Frontier K.K., a unit of Showa Shell Sekiyu K.K., will sell a 2-megawatt solar power station to a trust account managed by Mitsubishi UFJ Trust & Banking Corp. The Kunitomi plant in ...
- USD/CHF Technical Analysis: February Top Under Pressure DailyFX - 16 hours ago
USD/CHF Technical Analysis: February Top Under Pressure
- GBP/USD Technical Analysis: All Eyes on Channel Support DailyFX - 16 hours ago
GBP/USD Technical Analysis: All Eyes on Channel Support
- USD/CAD Technical Analysis: Loonie in Consolidation Mode DailyFX - 19 hours ago
USD/CAD Technical Analysis: Loonie in Consolidation Mode
- EUR/GBP Technical Analysis: Euro Slides to 7-Year Low DailyFX - 19 hours ago
EUR/GBP Technical Analysis: Euro Slides to 7-Year Low
- AUD/USD Technical Analysis: Opting Against Short Position DailyFX - 20 hours ago
AUD/USD Technical Analysis: Opting Against Short Position
- NZD/USD Technical Analysis: Capped Below February High DailyFX - 20 hours ago
NZD/USD Technical Analysis: Capped Below February High
- GBP/JPY Technical Analysis: Digesting Below 185.00 Figure DailyFX - 20 hours ago
GBP/JPY Technical Analysis: Digesting Below 185.00 Figure
- EUR/JPY Technical Analysis: Selloff Pauses Above 133.00 DailyFX - 20 hours ago
EUR/JPY Technical Analysis: Selloff Pauses Above 133.00
- Save on taxes by finding every deduction @ USA TODAY - Sun, Mar 1, 2015 8:32 AM EST
You should itemize deductions if they add up to more than your standard deduction.
- Trading Forex Trends With MACD And Moving Averages @ Investopedia - Sun, Mar 1, 2015 2:00 AM EST
Although based on short-term trading, keeping the long-term picture in mind will help investors trade with the trend.
- Hawaiian Electric, NextEra Energy execs to keynote Maui Energy Conference in March @ The Business Journals - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 9:40 PM EST
Top executives from NextEra Energy and Hawaiian Electric Co. will be the keynote speakers at the second annual Maui Energy Conference and Exhibition on the Valley Isle in late March. Questions regarding the Florida-based energy company's $4.3 billion acquisition of the state's largest utility, which is expected to be completed …
- Emails show PG&E helped PUC official write safety directive @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 9:11 PM EST
In the months after the deadly 2010 San Bruno gas pipeline explosion, California regulators scrambled to order Pacific Gas & Electric Co. to improve the safety of its aging infrastructure.
- Australian Dollar Looks to RBA Rate Decision to Break Deadlock DailyFX - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 8:38 PM EST
Australian Dollar Looks to RBA Rate Decision to Break Deadlock
- Owner of Hawaii's only geothermal energy plant sells 40% stake to Canada investors @ The Business Journals - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 7:35 PM EST
Ormat Technologies Inc., the owner and operator of Hawaii's only geothermal energy plant, will sell a 40 percent stake in several of its geothermal plants, including Puna Geothermal Venture's facility on the Big Island, to Canada's Northleaf Capital Partners, according to public records. The $175 million transaction, which …
- Wall Street doesn’t have high expectations for Southern in 2015 Market Realist - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 7:04 PM EST
Southern Company is covered by 22 major analysts on Wall Street. Analysts aren't very optimistic about Southern. The company reported poor numbers in 4Q14.
- Exelon’s generation division is going strong Market Realist - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 6:05 PM EST
A rise in Exelon's adjusted earnings from its generation division was in line with its revenue growth in 4Q14. Adjusted earnings increased by 26.2%.