- Merkel’s Taste for Coal Poised to Upset $130 Billion Green Drive Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
When Germany kicked off its journey toward a system harnessing energy from wind and sun back in 2000, the goal was to protect the environment and build out climate-friendly power generation. More than a decade later, Europe's biggest economy is on course to miss its 2020 climate targets and greenhouse-gas emissions from …
- Schooled to lead in the footwear of rebel rock stars @ Financial Times - 3 hours ago
Amid the mementos and bric-a-brac of a well-travelled life in Jim Calhoun's office in North Andover, Massachusetts, is a black and white photograph. The snapshot shows Mr Calhoun's father playing in a ...
- Cost of shutting down Wolf Creek could top $1B Associated Press - 7 hours ago
Shutting down the Wolf Creek nuclear power plant could cost as much $1 billion when it reaches the end of its useful life about 30 years from now, according to a new report. The cost is recalculated every ...
- Ravens spend 'six figures' on Ray Rice jersey swap @ CNNMoney.com - 10 hours ago
The Baltimore Ravens were overwhelmed this weekend by fans looking to exchange Ray Rice jerseys. The Ravens said earlier this month that fans could trade in official jerseys with Rice's name and number ...
- What are defensive stocks? @ Investopedia - 23 hours ago
The term defensive stocks is synonymous to non-cyclical stocks, or companies whose business performance and sales are not highly correlated with the larger economic cycle. These companies are seen as good ...
- The Ghouls And Monsters On Wall Street @ Investopedia - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
Learn about some of the creepiest cases of fraud and the characters behind them.
- Leading Indicators Of Behavioral Finance @ Investopedia - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
Discover how put-call ratios and moving averages can be used to analyze investor behavior.
- Traders: Which Markets Should You Trade? @ Investopedia - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
Being aware of other markets and other trading methods can help traders fine tune methods, save costs and add profits.
- Expensing Employee Stock Options: Is There A Better Way? @ Investopedia - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 9:00 PM EDT
In 2009, Senators Carl Levin and John McCain introduced a bill to stop the excessive deductions for ESOs. But is there another solution?
- Final Glance: Utilities companies Associated Press - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:02 PM EDT
Shares of some top utilities companies were mixed at the close of trading: American Electric Power Co. rose $.54 or 1.0 percent, to $53.28. Consolidated Edison Inc. Holding Co. rose $.50 or .9 percent, ...
- The Top 3 Retiree Worries (And What To Do About Them) @ Investopedia - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:00 PM EDT
Discover the most common problems retirees face, and what they can do to solve them.
- Euro at Potentially Significant Turning Point DailyFX - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 5:50 PM EDT
Euro at Potentially Significant Turning Point
- DPL Inc. -- Moody's downgrades DP&L's secured rating to Baa2 and DPL's unsecured rating to Ba3; outlooks … @ Moody's - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:56 PM EDT
New York, September 19, 2014-- Moody's Investors Service downgraded the senior secured long-term debt rating of Dayton Power& Light Company and its backed revenue bond ratings to Baa2 from Baa1. Concurrently, ...
- A full night’s sleep can really pay off -- in salary and investments @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:46 PM EDT
Research shows that those who get a good night’s sleep are usually more productive at work, and make better investors.
- Old GBPUSD Trendline Comes into Play as Support DailyFX - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:17 PM EDT
Old GBPUSD Trendline Comes into Play as Support
- Public Service Enterprise to Hold 12% in PennEast Pipeline Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
PSEG Power LLC, a unit of Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (PEG), will join PennEast Pipeline Company, LLC as a member with a 12% interest.
- [video] Algonquin Power Utilities acquires Park Water from Carlyle for $327 Million @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:55 PM EDT
Algonquin Power Utilities Corp. announced a deal on Friday to acquire Park Water from Carlyle Infrastructure for $327 million in a competitive auction.
- Nicaragua Plans 770 Megawatts in Renewable Projects, EFE Says @ Bloomberg - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:55 PM EDT
Nicaragua plans $4 billion of public and private-sector investment in renewable energy projects over the next 15 years to add 770 megawatts, Spanish news agency EFE reported. The plan includes 300 megawatts ...
- TECO Energy Customers Grow on Thriving Florida Economy Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:40 PM EDT
On Sep 18, we have issued an updated research report on TECO Energy, Inc. (TE).
- Norges Bank Holds Interest Rates Steady DailyFX - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:23 PM EDT
Norges Bank Holds Interest Rates Steady
- USD/ZAR Breaks Higher as SARB Holds Interest Rates DailyFX - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:20 PM EDT
USD/ZAR Breaks Higher as SARB Holds Interest Rates
- Sao Paulo Rationing Water for 3.6 Million People, O Globo Says @ Bloomberg - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:08 PM EDT
Brazil’s Sao Paulo state is rationing water for more than 3.6 million people in 29 cities as reservoirs dry up amid months of drought, O Globo said. The state’s reservoir levels continue to decline, with ...
- Trading Forex In a Runaway Market Due to News Events DailyFX - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
Trading Forex In a Runaway Market Due to News Events
- Digital Info Deluge Challenges Businesses; Get Heard @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 1:51 PM EDT
An information avalanche can bury business messages. How to rise above: Feel the crush. Talk about infobesity. In 2012, Americans spent an average of 13.6 hours per person per day -- outside of work -- ...
- Midday Glance: Utilities companies Associated Press - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 1:33 PM EDT
Shares of some top utilities companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: American Electric Power Co. rose $.50 or .9 percent, to $53.24. Consolidated Edison Inc. Holding Co. rose $.48 or .8 percent, to $57.11. Dominion ...
- [$$] Mason Capital Met With TransCanada Shareholders @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 1:15 PM EDT
Mason Capital Management met with TransCanada Corp. shareholders to gauge interest in shaking up the pipeline operator's corporate structure to boost its stock price, according to a person familiar with ...
- JPY Vulnerable to Slowing Japan CPI- ECB & RBA Rhetoric in Focus DailyFX - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 12:25 PM EDT
JPY Vulnerable to Slowing Japan CPI- ECB & RBA Rhetoric in Focus
- Laws That Help Low Income Retirement Investopedia - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:40 AM EDT
If you're retired – or about to be – and money is tight, look to these programs and other benefits for help should you need it.
- PG&E emails may have violated rules, judge says Associated Press - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:37 AM EDT
California's largest utility may have violated state rules when it negotiated with state regulators to have a favorable judge appointed to hear one of the utility's rate cases, a judge with the state's ...
- Early Glance: Utilities companies Associated Press - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 10:16 AM EDT
Shares of some top utilities companies are up at 10 a.m.: American Electric Power Co. rose $.31 or .6 percent, to $53.05. Consolidated Edison Inc. Holding Co. rose $.37 or .7 percent, to $57.00. Dominion ...
- Solar Power Inc. to Develop 19 Megawatts of Capacity in Shandong @ Bloomberg - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 10:10 AM EDT
Solar Power Inc. (SOPW) , a renewable-energy developer backed by China’s LDK Solar Co., has agreed to build 19 megawatts of solar project capacity in Shandong Province. The company’s Xinyu Xinwei New Energy ...
- Dividend Preview: 5 Dividend Stocks Ready to Pay You More @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 9:05 AM EDT
These dividend stocks look poised to increase their payouts to shareholders in the next quarter.
- Malaysia's Sunway to list construction unit by Q2 2015 Reuters - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 7:29 AM EDT
Malaysian property developer Sunway Bhd is looking to list its construction arm on the Malaysian bourse by the second quarter of 2015, according to a stock exchange filing on Friday. The spin off and proposed listing on the main market of Bursa Securities will enable both entities to focus on growing its respective businesses …
- Strength Seen in Atlantic Power (AT): Stock Up 8.9% Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 7:14 AM EDT
Atlantic Power Corporation (AT) was a big mover last session, as the company saw its shares rise by nearly 9% on the day.
- My recently deceased spouse's IRA has been rolled over into mine. Does the cost basis change for me? @ Investopedia - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
The basis attributed to IRA assets that you inherited remains the same. Since you are a spouse beneficiary and you elect to treat the assets as your own by transferring them to your own IRA, the basis ...
- 6 investment techniques of money managers Bankrate.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
Investing 6 Common Investment Strategies Of Fund Managers The criteria that mutual fund managers use to select their assets vary widely according to the individual manager. So when choosing a fund, you should look closely at the manager's investment style to make sure it fits your risk-reward profile. "Investment style …
- How do I keep elderly mom out of a car crash? Bankrate.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
My elderly mother's driving skills are declining. I'm worried she is going to have a car accident that could cause some serious damage to her fragile body. The more regularly a person drives, the better he or she is at responding more quickly to sudden issues that can often cause a car accident. Next, I'd consider enrolling …
- British Pound Gains, Yen Falls as Scotland Votes Against UK Secession DailyFX - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:11 AM EDT
British Pound Gains, Yen Falls as Scotland Votes Against UK Secession
- Nepal clears GMR plan for $1.4 billion hydroelectric plant Reuters - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 11:54 PM EDT
By Gopal Sharma KATHMANDU (Reuters) - Nepal’s centre-left cabinet on Thursday cleared the way for Indian firm GMR to build a $1.4 billion hydroelectric plant in the northwest of the country, a cabinet ...
- USD/JPY Technical Analysis: Resistance Now Above 109.00 DailyFX - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 10:04 PM EDT
USD/JPY Technical Analysis: Resistance Now Above 109.00
- Build Your Portfolio With Infrastructure Investments @ Investopedia - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 10:00 PM EDT
Mutual funds devoted to keeping roads, structures and communities safe can make you money.
- How's Your Mutual Fund Really Doing? @ Investopedia - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 10:00 PM EDT
Determine how fund managers are doing by sizing them up against their peers.
- USD/CHF Technical Analysis: Topping Cues Emerge Again DailyFX - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 8:18 PM EDT
USD/CHF Technical Analysis: Topping Cues Emerge Again
- GBP/USD Technical Analysis: Down Trend Overturned? DailyFX - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 8:18 PM EDT
GBP/USD Technical Analysis: Down Trend Overturned?
- EUR/GBP Technical Analysis: July Bottom Under Pressure DailyFX - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 8:03 PM EDT
EUR/GBP Technical Analysis: July Bottom Under Pressure
- USD/CAD Technical Analysis: 2-Month Trend Support at Risk DailyFX - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 8:03 PM EDT
USD/CAD Technical Analysis: 2-Month Trend Support at Risk
- Nigeria’s Power Woes Slow to Abate After Privatization @ Bloomberg - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 7:00 PM EDT
Award-winning Nigerian sculptor Olu Amoda took eight months to complete The Sunflower, a giant artwork of steel and metal spoons, in his studio in Lagos, Africa’s biggest city, because of electricity shortages. Amoda could have finished the piece in several weeks if he lived in a country with a steady power supply, such …
- Trucking Stocks Doing Their Share For Transportation Sector @ Investor's Business Daily - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 6:53 PM EDT
As the transportation sector leads the market, the trucking industry finds itself in the driver's seat. Several of the group's leaders are hitting new price highs, while a couple are forming bases. In ...
- USD/JPY Surpasses 108.30 Target; Next One is 110.12 DailyFX - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 6:04 PM EDT
USD/JPY Surpasses 108.30 Target; Next One is 110.12
- GBP/USD Former Lows in Play as Reaction Levels at 1.6455 and 1.6534 DailyFX - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 6:04 PM EDT
GBP/USD Former Lows in Play as Reaction Levels at 1.6455 and 1.6534