SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwire -06/25/12)- Meru Networks, Inc. (MERU), a leader in virtualized 802.11 enterprise wireless networking, today announced the results of its 2012 K-12 survey. The results show a majority of respondents allow students to bring their own devices to school, which is driving the need for secure, low-cost guest access to Wi-Fi networks. The June 2012 survey, taken by over 160 school district IT representatives nationwide, provides information about K-12 network trends to school administrators and technology coordinators.
Meru education executives will be presenting these and other K-12 market trends at the International Society for Technology in Education, ISTE 2012, June 24-27 at the San Diego Convention Center. Meru will be at booth #5137, demonstrating its wireless LAN products and solutions from its newly announced partner, LanSchool.
Full survey results and study information is available at the Meru Networks website.
Key Findings from Survey Results:
- 44 percent of schools reported they have yet to upgrade to high capacity 802.11n Wi-Fi
- 55 percent of schools reported they allow students to bring their own devices
- 87 percent of schools reported they are looking for low cost, secure guest access solutions
- 19 percent of schools indicated their budgets for WLAN solutions would increase next year, while nine percent reported they would see an increase in overall IT budgets
- The number one desired WLAN attribute, identified by 58 percent of the respondents, was reliable and predictable performance
- A top application being sought by respondents is Classroom Management Systems (CMS) with 49 percent having deployed, or are starting to deploy and evaluate such systems
Tweet This: Meru Networks releases K-12 Wi-Fi survey prelim results http://bit.ly/MLpQRM #edutech #wlan
Meru Networks: http://www.merunetworks.com
More Meru news: http://www.merunetworks.com/news-and-events
Meru on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/merunetworks
About Meru Networks
Meru Networks (MERU) is a leading supplier of virtualized wireless LAN solutions that provide enterprises with the performance, reliability, predictability and operational simplicity of a wired network with the advantages of mobility. Meru Networks eliminates the deficiencies of multichannel, client-controlled architectures with its innovative, single-channel, virtualized network architecture that easily handles device density and diversity. Meru wireless LAN solutions are deployed in major vertical industries including Fortune 500 businesses, education, hospitality, healthcare, and retail supply chain. Founded in 2002, Meru is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with global operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific. Visit www.merunetworks.com or call (408) 215-5300 for more information.
+44 (0) 7795 662 888