ST. PAUL, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Securian Financial Group received eight awards from the 2013 Insurance and Financial Communicators Association competition.
More than 600 entries were submitted in 62 categories by communicators from life insurance and financial services companies, large and small, from all over the world. Securian walked away with two Best of Show awards, five Awards of Excellence and an Honorable Mention.
“Creating clear and engaging communications within the regulatory and compliance boundaries that exist in our industry can be challenging,” said Angela Schema, director, Communications and Research. “That’s why IFCA is important: To compete against other communicators who face the same challenges and come away with these awards is meaningful.”
Both of Securian’s Best of Show honors were for employee communications campaigns, including the annual United Way campaign, which received its fifth consecutive Best of Show award. The other went to the summer-long “Walk This Way” campaign that got employees out walking over lunch following specially-created maps to downtown St. Paul destinations.
Securian’s Awards of Excellence went to:
- The Torch, a regular magazine produced for Securian’s nationwide network of firms and advisors
- 2012 Annual Report, with the theme “Strength. Vision. Discipline.”
- 2012 Participant Education Campaign for Securian’s Retirement Plan division
- “Long-Term Goals Need a Long-Term Partner,” a pilot social media project that consisted of a series of man-on-the-street interviews posted on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
- LIAM Promotional Campaign, designed to help clients and advisors inform consumers about Life Insurance Awareness Month and the benefits of life insurance
An Honorable Mention went to Securian’s unique Human Life Value Campaign. It promotes Securian’s app for the iPad® that calculates the dollar value of a user’s financial contributions to the household over time and estimates the amount of life insurance the user needs.
Since 1880, Securian Financial Group and its affiliates have provided financial security for individuals and businesses in the form of insurance, investments and retirement plans. Now one of the nation’s largest financial services providers, it is the holding company parent of a group of companies that include Minnesota Life Insurance Company and Securian Life Insurance Company, a New York admitted insurer.
DOFU – 10-2013
Maggie Jensen, APR, 651-665-7558
Media Relations Consultant