IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
A leading designer and manufacturer of performance athletic shoes, apparel and accessories, ASICS now expands its appeal outside of running with a collection of products designed specifically for athletes’ training needs. Beginning today, ASICS America introduces its new line of footwear, apparel and accessories created specifically for the athletic training market with an innovative, national advertising and integrated marketing campaign built around the concept of “Next”: the moment when an athlete pushes their limits to achieve their goal and immediately focuses on the next challenge.
“The extensive ASICS training collection demonstrates our commitment to a rapidly growing category, offering a full range of everything from the studio to hard core training. Furthermore, it reinforces our dedication to providing athletes with the best tools they need to advance in their sporting goals,” said ASICS America Director of Marketing, Shannon Scott. “The accompanying marketing campaign, titled ‘Next,’ points to the continuing evolution of ASICS as a brand while reinforcing its core message of continuous improvement.”
Products in the new ASICS training collection are designed to withstand the strenuous and repetitive nature of training routines. All items in the collection offer the perfect mix of high design, technology and performance to help athletes move ahead to their next training challenge, whether it’s at the gym or studio, running path or track.
Fall 2013 highlights of the ASICS training collection include:
- The GEL-Fortius™ TR for variable cross training. The shoe includes a super sticky outsole and reinforced toe bumper to prevent wear and tear during intense, short interval workouts.
- The GEL-Synthesis™ shoe with an innovative inner slipper that can be worn alone for a more barefoot training experience.
- The GEL-Craze™ TR for running-based training. The new shoe employs a rearfoot feature with uniquely positioned flex grooves for optimized flexibility.
- The GEL-Rhythmic® 2, a perfect shoe for the dance enthusiast.
- GEL-Sustain™ TR is one of the lightest training shoes on the market today. A lightweight supportive upper combined with an ultra-flexible midsole and rearfoot GEL® Cushioning System.
- GEL-Blur33 TR is designed for superior flexibility in a lightweight and supportive package, featuring lateral support and enhanced cushioning.
Apparel and Accessories
- Abby® Collection for Women
- All Sport™ Collection for Men
A new high-energy TV spot will run during national broadcast sports programming, including the NBA playoffs on ESPN and Turner networks. In the “Next” commercial, a variety of ASICS Elite Athletes advance through their training moves while wearing the new collection. Olympian Lolo Jones flies across asphalt tethered to a parachute, while Olympic decathlon medalist Bryan Clay wields a hammer for strength training. Shot put competitor Russ Winger conquers the free weights and new ASICS athlete, performance-training aficionado, Rosario Rios-Aguilar, commands the rings. All athletes push their training efforts to the next level, accompanied by the catchy folk tune, “What’s Next,” written by advertising creative director, KT Thayer.
Complementing the national television spot will be a full digital and print campaign so stay tuned for the ASICS launch of a unique training activation which reinforces the “Next” theme. The mobile, experiential program will launch in Summer 2013. To learn more about the ASICS training initiative please visit: www.asicstraining.com
To view the What’s Next? TV spot, click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpRJUaO-Y24
Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, meaning “A Sound Mind in a Sound Body,” is an old Latin phrase from which ASICS is derived and the fundamental platform on which the brand still stands. The company was founded more than 60 years ago by Kihachiro Onitsuka and is now a leading designer and manufacturer of performance athletic shoes, apparel and accessories. For more information, visit www.asics.com.
The stripe design featured on the sides of ASICS® shoes is a trademark of ASICS Corporation and is a registered trademark in most countries of the world.
- Consumer Discretionary