SAN MATEO, CA--(Marketwire -07/24/12)- Selectica (SLTC), provider of software that accelerates sales cycles and streamlines contract processes, today announced significant new functionality in its latest release of Selectica Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM).
Selectica also announced today the availability of Selectica Guided Selling for Salesforce on Force.com, salesforce.com's social enterprise platform for employee-facing social apps. Customers who deploy both Selectica Guided Selling and Selectica CLM can connect their sales and contract processes and go from configuring, pricing, and quoting (CPQ) to contract renewal in an end-to-end process.
Of the most noteworthy new features in the latest release of Selectica CLM is the introduction of "Contract Blueprints," a set of pre-configured, best-practice contract types that allow users to get started quickly managing a variety of sales, procurement, operational, and industry-specific contracts. In addition to Contract Blueprints, this release of Selectica CLM also includes improvements that round out the application's Microsoft Word integration, eSignature, and audit trail capabilities, and it introduces a variety of upgrades to further personalize the user experience, including additional dashboard configuration options, directory enhancements, and updated security, user, and role reporting.
"We had an opportunity to preview these updates at Selectica Fusion '12, our annual user conference, and they were met with a great deal of enthusiasm, particularly our new pre-configured contract types," said Selectica Chief Strategy Officer Kamal Ahluwalia. "Time-to-value is key for our customers and our prospects. Contract Blueprints are not only the fastest way for an organization to start managing the vast majority of its essential contract types, but they also give the organization confidence that when its contracts are produced and managed in Selectica CLM, they reflect industry best practices."
Among the key features and functionality enhancements included in the latest release of Selectica CLM are:
- Quick-start contract types: Contract Blueprints -- based on extensive customer input and years of Selectica implementations -- are a set of sales, procurement, operational, and industry-specific contract templates that allow users to get up and running with contract management quickly and prevent incorrect contract types from proliferating.
- Workflow options: Contract Blueprint types come with pre-configured standard six-stage workflows or simple four-stage workflows in accordance with contract management best practices.
- Contract check-out from Microsoft Word: Users can now check out, search, and view summary information, as well as check in, validate, and create contracts without leaving Word, making it easier for them to work in the tools they use most and simultaneously receive the benefits of a fully automated contract management system.
- Highly personalized user experience: New ways to customize dashboards, rules, and directories within Selectica CLM makes the application even more flexible to meet the unique needs of individual users.
- Out-of-the-box eSignature capabilities: Selectica CLM now comes with eSignature capabilities automatically built in, so internal and external parties can sign contracts via electronic signature -- and easily locate signature data when they need it in a readily accessible audit trail.
Selectica Contract Lifecycle Management is an automated solution that allows companies with complex contract processes to manage contracts from request, authoring, and negotiation through ongoing obligation management and renewal.
Interested parties can learn more about Selectica Contract Lifecycle Management as well as Selectica Guided Selling at www.selectica.com.
Selectica (SLTC) develops innovative software that the world's most successful companies rely on to improve the effectiveness of their sales and contracting processes. Our guided selling, sales configuration, and contract lifecycle management solutions support the Global 2000 and growing mid-size firms in closing billions of dollars' worth of business each year. Our patented technology, delivered through the cloud, makes it easy for customers in industries like high-tech, telecommunications, manufacturing, healthcare, financial services, and government contracting to overcome product and channel complexity, increase deal value, and accelerate time to revenue. For more information, visit www.selectica.com.
Certain statements in this release and elsewhere by Selectica are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements may include, without limitation, statements regarding business outlook, assessment of market conditions, anticipated financial and operating results, strategies, future plans, contingencies and contemplated transactions of the company. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause or contribute to actual results of company operations, or the performance or achievements of the company or industry results, to differ materially from those expressed, or implied by the forward-looking statements. In addition to any such risks, uncertainties and other factors discussed elsewhere herein, risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause or contribute to actual results differing materially from those expressed or implied for the forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to the on-going global recession; fluctuations in demand for Selectica's products and services; government policies and regulations, including, but not limited to those affecting the company's industry; and risks related to the company's past stock granting policies and related restatement of financial statements. Selectica undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Additional risk factors concerning the company can be found in the company's most recent Form 10-K, filed by the company with the Securities and Exchange Commission.