OMAHA, NE--(Marketwire -02/28/12)- Pet lovers across the country will now have an exciting new online destination to meet each other, interact with experts and find inspiring -- and sometimes entertaining -- stories about pets. The Pet Health Central Blog from Sergeant's Pet Care Products, Inc. will also deliver each post to the nearly 250,000 fans on the Pet Health Central Facebook fan page. The blog features writers from a variety of perspectives related to pets and is found at blog.sergeants.com.
Regular contributors to the new Pet Health Central blog include:
- Sandy Robins, a well-known pet writer with a monthly column in Cat Fancy magazine, regular pieces on MSNBC, WebMD and other major national locations. She has also written and published two books about cats and runs Pawsitively Pets Radio on BlogTalk Radio. She will be the feline "Expert in Residence" on the Pet Health Central Blog. Sandy writes from Los Angeles, California.
- Dr. Tony Johnson. Dr. Tony, as he is known, is a practicing veterinarian and a known personality in the pet health world. On the Pet Health Central blog, he writes from his perspective as an ER veterinarian and associate professor of veterinary medicine at a major university. He loves to interact with blog followers and offer insight and advice to pet owners. Dr. Tony writes from Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Dr. Rod Van Horn. Dr. Van Horn is a practicing veterinarian with a large suburban clinic that works with dogs, cats and many other types of pets. His posts help pet owners navigate their pets' medical and behavioral issues. He has a comprehensive knowledge of pet dental care and is also our "Expert in Residence" on that topic. Dr. Van Horn writes from the hometown of Sergeant's corporate headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska.
- David Greene. David is known in the pet blogging world for his interesting posts about news in the animal health world. On the Pet Health Central Blog, David focuses on news items as they relate to pets and pet care, as well as his own life as a 'proud pet father.' He helps keep our audience up-to-date on pet health news, the pet industry and current events that concern our furry friends. David writes from Boston, Massachusetts.
- Barbara Masi. Barbara writes about her experiences as a leader in the pet rescue community. As a community officer for the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, she works with her canine partners, two rescued Greyhounds, to teach animal kindness to children and teens through local schools. She is also an avid volunteer with Greyhound Rescue, helping retired racing dogs find loving homes. Barbara writes from Palm Beach, Florida.
- Jill Bertsch. Jill is a long-time volunteer with Midland Pet Therapy, which is registered with the national Therapy Dogs, Inc., organization. They provide pet therapy to a wide range of nursing homes, hospitals, rehabilitation programs and children's shelters. Along with fellow volunteers at Midland Pet Therapy, Jill shares stories of how these wonderful therapy pets and their owners bring joy and hope to the people they visit.
- Shanna Stichler. Shanna's love for pets is two-fold: in addition to growing up with pets in her family, she has also had a guide dog for many years. She shares her insights about life with a guide dog with PHC blog readers, and reflects on her time as the Residence Advisor for Guide Dogs for the Blind in San Francisco, an organization that prepares guide dogs for work assisting those with visual impairments. Shanna writes from Omaha, Nebraska.
- Blair Smith. Blair is the owner of a self-service dog wash/full-service grooming service in Austin, Texas. She shares her grooming knowledge to help PHC blog readers understand how to use easy-to-find products to care for their pets' grooming needs at home. She also loves taking fun photos of the dogs that come to visit her dog wash and shares her furry visitors and their antics with us through the blog. Blair writes from Austin, Texas.
- Moses the Dog. Moses, a three-year-old Golden Doodle, is part of the family at an elementary school. As a certified therapy dog through Domesti-PUPS (an organization that provides therapy dogs to schools), Moses spends his days at the school along with his person, Pam Baldwin. Moses himself posts fun and heartwarming stories about his adventures with the kids. Moses (with Pam's help, since he's not the best typist) writes from Omaha, Nebraska.
- Kelly Lytle. Kelly is the Marketing Communications Manager at Sergeant's, the perfect job for a self-confessed communication fanatic and dog devotee. Her posts for the Pet Health Central blog touch on a wide variety of pet care subjects. She also likes to share a behind-the-scenes peek into working in a pet-centric company. Kelly writes from Sergeant's Headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Nichole Baugh. Nichole is the Public Relations and Social Media Specialist at Sergeant's, working with fans on many different social media platforms to help them with questions about products and being a Sergeant's ambassador in the blog-o-sphere. She writes about pet health topics and her own experiences as an avid dog lover and pet parent. Nichole writes from Omaha, Nebraska.
- The Fiproguard Flea. To beat the enemy, they say, you have to understand their thinking. That's why the Pet Health Central blog features this zany, annoying and outspoken pest from time to time. Not sure if you really need to protect your dog or cat from fleas and ticks? Just follow the inner thoughts of this bossy bug and you'll understand why you do. The Flea writes from wherever he chooses -- since he likes to jump around a lot!
- Grant Walker. Grant is a young, up-and-coming fish fan with a love for research. Still a high school student, Grant has an amazing talent for both fact-finding and writing. From how to build a full reef saltwater tank to caring for exotic species of fish, Grant helps blog followers with his sleuthing skills, trustworthy answers and considerable fish knowledge. Grant writes from Section, Alabama.
- Josh Templeton. Josh is a fish aficionado with a passion for providing advice to other fish hobbyists. He has been keeping aquatic animals since the tender age of seven. Over the years, his knowledge has also grown through working in a family-owned pet store and by breeding and keeping a wide variety of fish. His posts assist fellow fish lovers in caring for, maintaining and breeding their fresh and saltwater fish. Josh writes from Gillette, Wyoming.
"We've worked very hard to create a blog that will educate, entertain and inspire pet parents and others who love pets," shared Caryn Stichler, vice president of marketing for Sergeant's. "The amazing group of writers we have, the combined knowledge and the passion they all have for pets and pet health is very exciting. We're also thrilled that from the first post, everything that goes onto the blog will also be presented to our nearly 250,000 active Facebook fans. We hope that the blog will help strengthen not only pets' health, but that beautiful bond between pets and people."
About Sergeant's Pet Care Products
Sergeant's Pet Care Products, Inc. is based in Omaha, Neb. USA, and is a leading supplier of pet supplies including flea and tick remedies, health and well-being products, natural and formulated treats, rawhide chews, toys, accessories, dental care products and aquatics. Sergeant's has been caring for pets since 1868, and is America's oldest full-line pet supplies company with one of the most trusted names in pet care. For more information, visit the Sergeant's website at sergeants.com. To be a part of the ongoing conversation about pet health, join Sergeant's large Facebook fan page, Pet Health Central (facebook.com/phcfans).
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1899994