NASHVILLE, Tenn. & SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Shareholder InSite™, Inc. (http://www.shareholderinsite.com), the premier provider of shareholder management, analysis, reporting and valuation solutions and services, today announced a major enhancement to its on-line platform, allowing venture capital (VC)/private equity (PE) firms and private companies to prepare Topic 820 (FAS 157) valuations in real-time.
Shareholder InSite will debut the platform enhancement, an addition to its proven full service solutions for Topic 820 (FAS 157) and 409(a) valuations, at the 2013 annual meeting of the National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) VentureScape Conference in San Francisco, May 14-15, 2013.
Today’s announcement follows an April 24th Dow Jones MarketWatch news report about Shareholder InSite’s strong momentum and additional hiring of service, technology and operations professionals to better support its growing client base.
Available for Q2 2013 valuations, CFOs and venture capital/private equity professionals can prepare Topic 820 (FAS 157) valuations directly in the technology platform, with the option of choosing the level of support they need, reducing inefficiency and cost.
Features and Benefits:
Shareholder InSite’s technology platform makes available a comprehensive toolset for real-time Topic 820 (FAS 157) valuations:
- Option Pricing Model (OPM) supports “one click” recalculations of value in real-time
- OPM Backsolve solution sits on top of our industry-leading terms and conditions, proven waterfall and analytics technology to accommodate the needs of portfolio companies with complex security structures
- Supports alternative market or blended approaches for deriving equity value
- Company financials, multiples, risk-free rates, volatility, and market equity adjustments all supported and calculated using fully integrated Capital IQ data
- “What If?” Scenario Calculations: Modify data inputs and variables and to see impact on company equity value, as well as fair market value of funds’ holdings
- Topic 820 (FAS 157) Wizard: Intuitive step-by -step tool generates Topic 820 (FAS 157) Reports that meet all audit and disclosure requirements
- Easily and securely share Topic 820 (FAS 157) reports with internal and external parties (auditors, governmental organizations,) through exportable files (PDF, other formats)
- Capture and maintain “valuation ready,” data as valuation reports instantly “track-back” to source data and documents: improving insight, accuracy and compliance, while reducing risk
“Responding to strong feedback from the nation’s top venture capital firms, valuation specialists, and the audit community, our new solution meets strong demand from investors and financial managers to replace the imperfect status quo method of conducting valuations: the frustrating, time-consuming use of spreadsheets to calculate and manage fair level value,” said Joe Maxwell, CEO of Shareholder InSite.
Shareholder InSite’s Topic 820 (FAS 157) Valuation feature fully integrates with its fund-level data, management and reporting solutions for deal analysis, portfolio management, audit preparation and cap table management, to help evaluate investments, M&A opportunities and other exit options.
“Increasing audit demands in our industry make a centralized data, analytics and valuation solution a necessity. Shareholder InSite enables us to collect and analyze portfolio company data in one centralized location reducing audit time and expense,” said Jill Jarrett, CFO at Benchmark Capital.
About Shareholder InSite
Shareholder InSite is the premier provider of shareholder data management, analytics, reporting and valuation solutions and services for venture capital (VC)/private equity investors (PE) and private companies in their portfolios. Addressing growing pressures for transparency and regulatory compliance, Shareholder InSite helps private company CFOs and Controllers, as well as their venture investors – to better track, manage, analyze and report shareholder and financial data throughout the capital lifecycle. Our suite of self-valuation solutions and full-service FAS 157 (ASC 820) and 409a valuation offerings deliver unprecedented control and financial insights; simplify and accelerate the processes of internal and external reports and audits, while simultaneously cutting costs and improving the accuracy and defensibility of valuations. Shareholder InSite’s technology solutions and independent valuation services are developed, sold and serviced through our team of experienced professionals based in Nashville, Boulder and San Francisco. Visit www.shareholderinsite.com.
Quist Valuation, QVAL and Shareholder InSite are registered service marks or trademarks of Shareholder InSite, Inc. S&P Capital IQ is a business line of The McGraw-Hill Companies. All other titles, applications, products, and so forth are copyrighted and/or trademarked by their respective authors and owners.
For Shareholder InSite:
Patrick Rafter, 617-901-2697