BOSTON, Nov. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shoebuy.com, a leading global online retailer of shoes and clothing for shoppers seeking the best variety and brands, has again partnered with National Coalition for Homeless Veterans, Oxfam America, The Home for Little Wanderers and Two Ten Footwear Foundation to support these organizations during their busy end of year fundraising campaigns.
"Giving back is a very important part of Shoebuy.com's culture. For the past six years we have been running this campaign and partnering with such amazing organizations to help support them during the holiday season," said Shoebuy CEO Mike Sorabella. "We are proud to give back to the community and to offer our customers an easy and convenient way to be generous and to make a difference in the lives of others while enjoying great savings at Shoebuy.com."
In Their Shoes Charities
Shoebuy.com's "In Their Shoes" campaign is designed to encourage shoppers to help those in need by contributing to a diverse range of nonprofit organizations. This year's benefitting charities include:
- National Coalition for Homeless Veterans (NCHV) provides safe housing, health care, and employment services to more than 35,000 homeless veterans each year. More than 2,100 associate community service providers and 508 member organizations in 48 states, Puerto Rico and Guam are working with the Department of Veterans Affairs to end veteran homelessness by 2015. NCHV President and CEO John Driscoll calls the national campaign to end veteran homelessness "the most unifying and patriotic issue of our time."
"Our partnerships with Shoebuy.com and other corporate sponsors have helped reduce veteran homelessness by more than 62 percent since 2008," Driscoll said. "We have made great progress, but nearly 60,000 veterans still need our help. We are honored by Shoebuy.com's continued trust and support, and by the generosity of its customers. Together, we can bring all of our veterans home."
- Oxfam America is a global organization working to right the wrongs of poverty, hunger, and injustice. Oxfam saves lives, develops long-term solutions to poverty, and campaigns for social change. Oxfam America is a member of Oxfam, an international confederation of 17 organizations networked together in 94 countries, as part of a global movement for change, to build a future free from the injustice of poverty.
"Oxfam believes in the power of people to change their lives and their communities," said Stephanie Kurzina, vice president for development and communications at Oxfam America. "When people have enough food, when their children can go to school, when villagers are empowered to speak out and claim their rights, that's when change takes root—and spreads. We all have a role to play in righting the wrong of poverty. We are happy to have Shoebuy.com stand with us in this fight."
- The Home for Little Wanderers (The Home) provides a seamless continuum of vital programs and services for every stage of child and family development. For more than 200 years, The Home has earned a reputation for doing whatever it takes to strengthen vulnerable families and keep children safe in their own communities, even when they don't have family support. Serving children and youth from birth to 22, The Home makes a positive impact on more than 7,000 lives each year through a network of services including behavioral health, therapeutic residential and special education, adoption and foster care.
"The Home for Little Wanderers is thrilled to partner with Shoebuy.com in an effort to make a positive difference again this holiday season," said Marcia Allen, director of development for The Home for Little Wanderers. "As the first child service agency in the country, we are able to continue our innovative work 200 years later because of the support of our generous donors. Their support allows us to care for some of the most vulnerable children and families in Massachusetts and help them through some of the hardest times of their lives."
- Two Ten Footwear Foundation, founded in 1939, is the footwear industry's national charitable foundation. The Foundation is committed to strengthening America's footwear community by providing emergency financial assistance at times of crisis; college scholarships for footwear employees and their children; and other social and career services.
"We are pleased to participate again in the 'In Their Shoes Campaign' to help support our end-of-year fundraising initiatives," said Kate Kaplan, director of development at Two Ten Footwear Foundation. "Shoebuy.com is a valued partner of Two Ten's and has been supportive in many of our important initiatives, including our annual dinner and auction, Footwear Cares community service program and the Women in Footwear Industry (WIFI) affinity group."
In Their Shoes Campaign Overview
During the campaign, which will run from Monday, November 11 to Friday, November 15, Shoebuy.com customers that shop with the offer code "INSHOES" will be contributing to the donation efforts, with a portion of each of these sales going to the four participating charities.
With more than one million products for customers to choose from, Shoebuy.com is a leading global retailer for shoes, clothing and accessories for shoppers seeking the best variety and brands. The Shoebuy.com customer experience extends beyond shoes through the company's portfolio of specialty shopping sites, including Bagsbuy.com and Cozyboots.com as well as the exclusive Events.Shoebuy.com featuring invitation-only private sales. Shoebuy.com was founded in 1999 and is an operating business of IAC (IACI). Learn more at shoebuy.com, connect with us on Twitter @Shoebuy, follow us on Pinterest or visit our Facebook page.
Erin Delaney Maratea
- Consumer Discretionary
- Volunteering & Philanthropy
- Oxfam America