MILPITAS, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 19, 2013) - Sigma Designs® (
"Quick and efficient deployment, cost reductions, and an improved customer experience are all goals that our partners strive to achieve," said Gabi Hilevitz, vice president and general manger of home connectivity at Sigma Designs. "The Z-Wave Next Gen platform empowers developers through a flexible yet simplified solution that allows them to focus on consumers' needs, while significantly reducing their time to market."
The platform consists of:
- Z-Ware, the middleware for home control that forms an intelligent application programming interface (API) and provides capabilities such as Configuration, Scenes and Device Control, Schedules, and Statistics;
- Z-Ware Apps, the fully customizable user interface reference designs that provide a consistent look and feel across multiple platforms including PC, TV, tablet, smartphone, and other cloud based services;
- ZIPR, a reference design to handle all translation between Z-Wave, IP and the Z-Wave mesh network;
- Z/IP Gateway, the gateway reference designs that transforms IP protocol commands to Z-Wave command and vice versa;
- UZB, a USB Z-Wave controller reference design to enable Z-Wave functionality via a USB port; and
- Next Gen 500 Series chips and modules to support consumer hardware manufacturing with increased memory allowing for more product features, better RF properties and lower standby power consumption
"Z-Wave has made significant steps forward on multiple levels. The Z-Ware platform, Z/IP gateways, and Next Gen 500 series chips and modules provide an end-to-end solution that allows manufacturers and service providers to bring products to market faster. Z-Wave products will have greater capability, flexibility, and lower costs, further accelerating a rapidly growing home control market," said Tom Kerber, Director of Research, Home Controls & Energy, Parks Associates.
A demonstration of the Z-Wave Next Gen product suite can be viewed at TVConnect Booth #214, taking place in London March 19-21. To book an appointment or to speak with a Sigma Designs executive contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Sigma Designs and the Z-Wave product offerings, please visit http://www.sigmadesigns.com/zwavenextgen
Follow us on Twitter: @sigma_designs
Join us on LinkedIn: Sigma Designs
Z-Wave technology is an open internationally recognized standard approved by the International Telecommunications Union (ITU G.9959). It is the leading wireless home control technology in the market today in, with over 700 certified interoperable products worldwide. Represented by the Z-Wave Alliance, and supported by more than 200 companies around the world, the standard is a key enabler of home safety and security, smart energy, hospitality, office, light commercial and independent aging. For more information on the Z-wave technology, go to www.z-wavealliance.org.
About Sigma Designs, Inc.
Sigma Designs, Inc. (
Sigma Designs, Secure Media Processor, and the Sigma Designs logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Sigma Designs, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks mentioned herein are believed to be trademarks of their respective owners.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including statements about the anticipated features and benefits of Sigma's products and solutions, including the Z-Wave Next Gen Product Portfolio. Actual results may vary materially due to a number of factors including, but not limited to, Sigma's ability to deploy and achieve market acceptance for Sigma's products in its target markets, including the home control market, the ability of its SoCs to compete with other technologies or products in these markets as well as other risks that are detailed from time to time in Sigma's SEC reports, including its report on Form 10-Q as filed December 6, 2012. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. Sigma undertakes no obligation to publically release or otherwise disclose the result of any revision to these forward-looking statements that may be made as a result of events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.