CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwired - Dec 17, 2013) - Research from SilkRoad, a leading global provider of cloud-based talent management solutions, reveals that HR professionals are most concerned with engaging and retaining employees (48%), developing leaders and managing skills gaps (45%), and recruiting the best employees (41%). As they seek to make their HR organization strategic, sound data and analytics (54%), and integration of HR systems (43%) are top technology challenges.
To determine the top challenges faced by modern HR practitioners, SilkRoad surveyed 853 HR professionals in November of 2013. A copy of the full survey and report, "What Keeps HR Up at Night," can be found at: http://pages.silkroad.com/rs/silkroad/images/What-Keeps-HR-Up-at-Night-2013.pdf.
To tweet this report, click here: http://spredd.it/6486OQK9
"Today's HR organization is juggling myriad challenges," said John Shackleton, SilkRoad's President and CEO. "As they look to address these perennial concerns and transform their business function from transactional to strategic in nature, adopting innovative technology for better insight and workforce planning will be essential."
- HR's Business Function - 53% of HR professionals were most concerned with developing an HR organization that acts strategically rather than tactically. Ensuring that HR has a "seat at the table" in making business decisions (41%) and managing organizational change (41%) were the other top concerns for the business function.
- Recruiting and Retention - When it came to recruiting concerns, the majority (53%) selected creating an attractive organizational culture to engage employees and 51% chose sourcing the right candidates for the company.
- Millennial Talent - When asked whether they were concerned about attracting top Millennial talent as Baby Boomers retire, the majority (56%) were either very concerned or concerned.
- Succession Planning - Only 38% of respondents felt they would be prepared if faced with the sudden retirement of a top executive, while 62% either would not be prepared or didn't know.
- Compliance - Almost two-thirds of respondents were concerned about staying current with evolving compliance laws and regulations (63%). Approximately 47% identified ensuring employees have appropriate training to avert lawsuits and risks, and 47% chose having data readily available for compliance reporting as other top concerns.
SilkRoad conducted the "What Keeps HR Up at Night" online in November of 2013, with responses from 853 HR professionals in Recruiting, Learning, Development, and other HR practices. Of the respondents, 89% plan, manage, or administer Recruiting, Learning, Development, or other HR programs at their organizations. More than 80% have more than five years of experience in the field and nearly 60% have more than 10 years. 88% have more than 100 employees at their company and 55% have more than 500. Healthcare and Manufacturing were the two largest industry categories for respondents.
SilkRoad® is a leading global provider of cloud-based, end-to-end HR solutions that enable customers to find, attract, develop, and retain the best talent. The award-winning SilkRoad® Life Suite® includes Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, and HRMS solutions that are delivered through a Talent Portal to drive greater engagement, collaboration, and user adoption. The suite is easy to deploy, easy to use, and affordable for businesses of every size. Visit www.silkroad.com, follow them on Twitter @SilkRoadTweets or call 866-329-3363 (U.S. toll free) or +1-312-574-3700.
- Employment & Career