BROOMFIELD, Colo., March 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Vail Resorts, Inc. (MTN) today announced a renewed partnership with the largest ski area in the world, Les 3 Vallees, France, as well as the illustrious Verbier, Switzerland; providing up to five free consecutive days in both respective areas, when staying at in-resort accommodations. The news follows the recently announced new partnership with one of the snowiest and most celebrated powder skiing resorts in the world—Niseko, Japan. Epic Season Pass holders have the opportunity to experience the best of Europe, Asia and the USA, with access to Les 3 Vallees, France; Verbier, Switzerland; and now Niseko, Japan; in addition to unlimited and unrestricted skiing and riding at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado; Canyons in Park City, Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in Lake Tahoe, for the 2014-2015 winter season. In just over five days of skiing and riding, the Epic Pass pays for itself and continues to offer the best value in the snow sports industry, with access to 21 mountains across 3 continents, including 28,830 skiable acres and 27,136 vertical feet at the best ski and snowboard resorts in the U.S.
"We are excited to announce a renewed partnership between Vail Resorts and Les 3 Vallees, France, as well as Verbier, Switzerland, providing ongoing access to truly legendary and world-class resorts in Europe. Epic Pass holders that have taken advantage of these partnerships have been nothing short of blown away by the experience that these resorts provide and we couldn't be more pleased to be able to extend the opportunity for more of our most loyal skiers and riders to ski the world," said Kirsten Lynch, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of Vail Resorts. "Each and every year, we look to further increase the already incredible value of the Epic Pass, and the 2014-2015 season will be no exception, with continued access to the best of Europe, in addition to five free days in Niseko, Japan."
"We are very happy to continue our partnership with Vail Resorts. Les 3 Vallees is the largest ski area in the world and the premier destination in ski terrain choice, service and gastronomy in Europe," said Vincent Lalanne-Cloute, director of Les 3 Vallees. "It's no mistake that we are aligned with the preeminent mountain resorts in the world. We look forward to once again having Epic Pass holders experience the special place that is Les 3 Vallees, during the 2014-2015 season."
Les 3 Vallees and Verbier are typically open from early December through April, while Niseko is typically open from November through May. Les 3 Vallees is home to the legendary mountain resorts of Courchevel, La Tania, Meribel, Brides-les-Bains, Les Menuires, Saint Martin de Belleville, Val Thorens and Orelle, France.
The five free consecutive days of skiing and riding at Les 3 Vallees, Verbier and Niseko will be reciprocated for the mountains' respective season pass holders, allowing more international guests to experience Vail Resorts' world-class mountain resorts. Some conditions may apply. The Epic Season Pass is now available for purchase, at www.epicpass.com.
Vail Resorts offers multiple pass options for the 2014-15 season:
- The Epic Pass™: Unlimited skiing at every resort all winter for $729 for adults and $379 for children. Enjoy unlimited skiing or riding at 11 resorts including Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado; Canyons in Park City, Utah; Heavenly, Northstar, and Kirkwood at Lake Tahoe; Afton Alps in Minnesota and Mt. Brighton in Michigan. No blackout days or restrictions apply. Plus, receive five free days at Les 3 Vallees, France and Verbier, Switzerland, when staying at select accommodations. New for winter 2014-15, Epic Pass purchasers will have access to five complimentary consecutive days at Niseko, Japan–known as one of the snowiest and most celebrated powder skiing resorts in the world. At this spring rate, the Epic Pass pays for itself in just over five days.
- The Epic Local Pass™: Unlimited skiing at every resort all winter for $549 for adults and $279 for children. Enjoy unlimited, unrestricted skiing or riding at Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado, Afton Alps in Minnesota and Mt. Brighton in Michigan. Access also includes Canyons in Park City, Utah; Heavenly, Northstar, and Kirkwood at Lake Tahoe, with limited restrictions. The Epic Local Pass also includes ten days at Vail and Beaver Creek, with holiday restrictions. At this spring rate, the Epic Local Pass pays for itself in just under four days.
- The Epic 7-Day ™ is ideal for guests planning to ski seven days throughout the winter season. $549 for adults and $279 for children (ages 5-12). Ski or ride a total of seven unrestricted days at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado; Canyons in Park City, Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in Tahoe, Mt. Brighton and Afton Alps.
- The Epic 4-Day ™ is optimal for guests planning one ski vacation during the 2014-15 winter season. $369 for adults and $209 for children (ages 5-12). Ski any four days at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Canyons, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood, Afton Alps, Mt. Brighton and Arapahoe Basin. This pass pays for itself in less than three days and offers a savings of up to 30 percent compared to lift tickets. And, for a little over $1,000 a family of four can ski the world's best ski resorts whenever they choose.
Pay $49 Now and Lock in The Lowest Price Available
Vail Resorts is making it easier for guests to lock in the lowest guaranteed pass prices with a $49 down payment now and the remaining balance due in mid-September 2014. The lowest guaranteed 2014-15 season pass prices with the best benefits are available only through April 13, 2014.
Season Pass Insurance Option
Vail Resorts encourages guests to purchase pass insurance. All of the Company's season pass products are non-refundable and non-transferable; however, pass insurance covers pass holders in the event of unexpected circumstances including sickness, injury and job loss. Pass insurance is $20 for adults and $10 for children (ages 5-12). Coverage applies for all season passes and the Epic 4-Day and Epic 7-Day valid for the 2014-15 ski season.
For more information and to purchase an Epic Season Pass, visit http://www.epicpass.com.
Season Pass Benefits
Access to Les 3 Vallees, Verbier and Niseko is only provided to Epic Pass holders and not holders of other passes offered by Vail Resorts (Epic Local, Tahoe Local, Summit Value and Tahoe Value). In addition to the five consecutive days of free skiing at Les 3 Vallees, Verbier and Niseko, respectively, and our other partner resorts, Epic Pass and all Vail Resorts season pass holders will continue to receive exclusive offers on lodging, dining, ski rentals, equipment, ski school and special events for the 2014-2015 ski and snowboard season at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Canyons, Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood, as well as Mt. Brighton, Mt. Afton and Arapahoe Basin. All season pass products are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Find images and more news for Vail Resorts on our newsroom: http://news.vailresorts.com/.
Find broadcast-quality video footage and more photos here, in the respective 'Niseko', 'Les 3 Vallees' and 'Verbier' folders.
Please credit 'Vail Resorts', along with the name of the respective photographer, for Vail Resorts photos and video. For partners resorts, please credit the resort name.
About Vail Resorts, Inc. (MTN)
Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the leading mountain resort operator in the United States. The Company's subsidiaries operate the mountain resorts of Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone in Colorado; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada; Canyons in Park City, Utah; Afton Alps in Minnesota and Mt. Brighton in Michigan; and the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The Company's subsidiary, RockResorts, a luxury resort hotel company, manages casually elegant properties. Vail Resorts Development Company is the real estate planning, development and construction subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is www.vailresorts.com and consumer website is www.snow.com.
- Oil, Gas, & Consumable Fuels
- Sports & Recreation
- Vail Resorts
- season pass