BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - May 2, 2013) - Skyword, the leading platform and services provider for quality, original content production, today unveiled its content marketing solution developed to help retailers improve organic search performance and reach buyers earlier in their purchasing journey to improve conversions.
Forrester Research, Inc. expects U.S. online retail sales to reach $262 billion in 2013 based on multichannel investments, consumer smartphone and tablet adoption, and the "fact that consumers are more comfortable with purchasing online," according to Sucharita Mulpuru's March 2013 report, "Forrester's U.S. Online Retail Forecast, 2012 to 2017." As online and mobile reach gain increasing importance, retailers are increasingly challenged to create original online product descriptions at scale to stay competitive. However, creating product descriptions is often manual, time consuming and inefficient, and standard descriptions from the manufacturer are ignored by search engines.
"Retailers are quickly realizing the need to reach consumers via original content and organic search," said Tom Gerace, Skyword founder and CEO. "By producing quality, original product descriptions, we're helping retailers at the forefront of the digital marketing evolution reach consumers early in the buying cycle to drive higher conversion rates."
Skyword for Retail automates and streamlines the entire process for creating and publishing search-optimized, original product descriptions. It helps retailers easily differentiate their products, implement a consistent SEO strategy, and ensure quality writing. Leveraging the solution, retailers can:
- Create descriptions for tens of thousands of SKUs on a SaaS platform customizable to unique workflow and web design requirements
- Manage in-house and freelance writers on a single platform, eliminating the unwieldy and inefficient process of communicating to writers through email, spreadsheets and iChat. Writers can also be paid through the Skyword Platform -- significantly reducing administrative time and resources
- Identify and better understand what customers are searching for and create product descriptions with keywords that align with those searches to dramatically improve search performance
- Implement standardized guidelines and frameworks for writers ensuring quality content with SEO and writing best practices applied consistently throughout entire production cycle
- Save time and resources managing the editorial and review process while improving conversions with better organic search performance
- Easily assign projects to writers through a single interface and measure the performance and quality of their writing for future assignments
- Organize and balance content across categories and projects that align with key business initiatives, objectives or product catalogs
Get more information about Skyword's retail solution here.
Skyword delivers all that organizations need to reach and engage their audiences with quality, original content designed to succeed in search and social media. Quality content is essential for reaching and engaging consumers today, but the creation process is messy, inconsistent and immeasurable. The Skyword Platform makes it easy to produce, optimize and promote content at any scale to create meaningful, lasting relationships with customers. Skyword also provides access to a community of more than 20,000 professional writers, and its content strategy and editorial teams can help ensure the ongoing success of clients' content programs. Skyword is a privately held, privately funded company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Investors include Allen & Company, Progress Ventures, Cox Media Group and American Public Media Group.
Connect with Skyword
Content Marketing News: www.contentstandard.com
- Technology & Electronics
- Internet & Networking Technology
Scratch Marketing + Media for Skyword