GRANITE BAY, CA--(Marketwired - April 19, 2013) - Kamere, a new social inspiration start-up company focused on the power of inspiration, today announced the formation of the company, its executive management team and advisory board. Kamere is developing a cloud-computing platform and mobile application that enriches people's lives by connecting people and organizations with personalized, meaningful inspirational content that can be shared across major social networking platforms.
Kamere was co-founded by former Hewlett Packard Vice President, Kim Box, and John Kunhart, Managing Director for American River Ventures, a $100 million venture capital fund targeting early-stage technology companies. Box and Kunhart joined forces with a distinct purpose in mind -- to build a purpose-driven company that amplifies the power of inspiration to uplift humanity.
"I am thrilled to lead a company with such an exceptional and experienced management team, where the ultimate goal is to make a positive impact on the world by changing the way people become inspired and inspire one another," said Kim Box, President and CEO, Kamere. "The world is full of inspiration, but there is currently no means of capturing inspiration -- until now. Kamere will soon become the 'go to' tool for people and organizations to receive, share and act upon inspiration."
Kamere will soon announce further details about the company's product offerings in conjunction with the launch of its platform and mobile application. For more information on the company, please visit www.kamere.com.
Executive Management Team
"Kamere is a purpose-driven company that is being built and managed by experienced executives that have successfully developed start-up companies before," said John Kunhart, Kamere co-founder, Chairman, and Chief Strategy Officer. "We are also pleased to have some of the greatest minds on our advisory board to support Kamere's strategy and growth."
- Kim Box, co-founder, President and CEO of Kamere, formerly served as Vice President for Hewlett Packard's (HP) Global Solutions Center, where she managed more than 10,000 HP employees, and over 5,000 contracted employees in more than 100 countries around the world. She is an international speaker, author and recently led a project to produce an Emmy award-winning documentary.
- John Kunhart, co-founder, Chief Strategy Officer, and Chairman of Kamere, is the co-founder and Managing Director of American River Ventures, where he successfully funded over 20 start-ups. He is also a Director for Wijit, Inc., and was the co-founder and Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Professional Solutions, Inc.
- John Nogrady, Chief Technology Officer for Kamere, is an experienced technologist and entrepreneur with companies such as AdelaVoice, WebMethods, Microsoft's Emerging Business Team, BluePoint Technologies (sold to Adobe) and PrizePoint Entertainment (acquired by Uproar).
- Erica Thompson, Marketing and Creative Consultant for Kamere, is a successful entrepreneur and owner of Time 4, a collaborative marketing and advertising agency. She has an extensive background as a nonprofit executive, including roles at the Sacramento Metro Chamber, California Transit Association, California Travel Industry Association and California Society of Association Executives.
- Barbara Wakefield, Chief Administrations Officer, is a former IT executive with Hewlett Packard, Managed Services, and a former Director of Notchup, Inc.
Members of Kamere's advisory board have a wealth of experience in technology, social sciences, inspiration, and social networking. They include:
- Adryenn Ashley - Founder of Wow! Is Me, Inc.; Social media expert, award-winning filmmaker and actress.
- Robin Graham - Managing Director, Head of West Coast Investment Banking for Needham & Company.
- Doug Lawson - Founder and CEO of several companies, including Incuity Software (acquired by Rockwell Automation), Dataworks Systems and Ptm Software (acquired by Wonderware Corp.); Chief Software Strategist, Rockwell Automation.
- Corry Ann March - Founder of Human Volition; She is an inspirational speaker, executive coach and author.
- Dr. Maria Nemeth - Founder and Director of the internationally recognized Academy for Coaching Excellence; Dr. Nemeth is a licensed Clinical Psychologist and a former Assistant Professor at UC Davis School of Medicine Dept. of Psychiatry.
- Mark Otero - Co-Founder and CEO, KlickNation (acquired by Electronic Arts). Otero is currently the General Manager, Studio - BioWare/EA.
Kamere is a social inspiration company focused on the power of inspiration. The company's cloud-computing platform and mobile application will be launched soon. Kamere is a privately held company with headquarters located in Granite Bay, Calif. Kamere and Kamillyan are trademarks of Kamillyan, Inc. dba Kamere. Additional information is available on Kamere's website at www.Kamere.com.
- Board & Management Changes
- Investment & Company Information