TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire -07/18/12)- Softchoice (SO.TO) proudly announces the launch of the Softchoice Cloud Portal - a secure online platform that simplifies the purchase, deployment, management and support of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications. The Softchoice Cloud Portal addresses many of the challenges organizations face controlling the proliferation of SaaS applications within today's business environments. This includes a cloud 'store' that makes it easy to research, and acquire dozens of the latest cloud applications; a management console to centrally manage the deployment of SaaS applications; built-in ROI reporting and direct access to live 24/7 support. The launch of the portal is a major step in the Company's focus on providing the tools and consulting services to help North American organizations develop effective cloud adoption strategies.
"The Softchoice Cloud Portal is the industry's first truly comprehensive delivery platform for cloud-based applications," said David MacDonald, President and CEO of Softchoice. "We're giving organizations a secure and reliable way to harness the growing power of the cloud. At the same time, with thousands of new SaaS applications entering the market, we're also giving the vendor community an efficient way to get their technology into the hands of new customers."
Key benefits of the Softchoice Cloud Portal include:
- Easy purchasing through the Softchoice Cloud Store: Users can access and make purchases from a growing catalog of cloud applications, including Google Apps, Microsoft Office 365, Box, Cisco Webex, Websense and Sugar CRM. Billings for multiple vendors can also be consolidated through a single, monthly invoice, simplifying the budgeting and administration process.
- Highest levels of security: The Softchoice Cloud Portal integrates with Active Directory and uses industry standard Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) to maintain the highest levels of security when accessing SaaS applications.
- Centralized application management: The Softchoice Cloud Portal lets IT administrators deploy SaaS applications by individual, role or group, ensuring license compliance and controlling employee access at the click of a button.
- Single sign-on for end users: The Softchoice Cloud Portal lets end-users access all their SaaS applications from any device using the same password they use to log-in to their network.
- Built in ROI reporting: The Softchoice Cloud Portal's management console allows IT administrators to monitor application usage and make adjustments to their licensing to ensure SaaS investments are fully optimized.
- Live 24/7 support: Softchoice provides a single point of contact to resolve issues across multiple cloud vendors. Integration with Softchoice Managed Services also allows Softchoice to pinpoint and address service delivery problems, often before end-users are even aware.
The Softchoice Cloud Portal is designed to support more than 1,300 different SaaS applications. Organizations also have the ability to add SaaS applications already in use in their environment to gain the security, management and efficiency benefits of the Softchoice Cloud Portal.
"More often than not, the use of SaaS applications within corporate environments is happening without any real oversight by IT and that presents a lot of issues with respect to security and efficiency," added Kevin Wright, Softchoice's Chief Information Officer. "The Softchoice Cloud Portal is about giving control back to IT to ensure these assets are managed securely and are delivering the intended value across the enterprise."
As a leading North American provider of technology solutions and services, Softchoice combines the efficiency and reliability of a national IT supplier with the personal touch and technical expertise of a local solutions provider. Softchoice's holistic approach to technology includes solution design, implementation and asset management services, as well as access to one of the most comprehensive and cost-effective technology distribution networks in North America. With over 1,100 employees, Softchoice manages the technology needs of thousands of corporate and public sector organizations across the United States and Canada.
Softchoice stock is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the trading symbol "SO." The common shares of Softchoice are not registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933 and are not publicly traded in the United States.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements relate to expectations, intentions and plans contained in this press release that are not historical fact. When used in this press release, the words "anticipate", "expect", "will" and similar expressions generally identify forward-looking statements. These statements reflect our current expectations and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties including, but not limited to, change in technology and general market conditions, many of which are set out or incorporated by reference in the Company's latest Annual Information Form. Due to the many risks and uncertainties, Softchoice cannot assure that the forward-looking statements contained in this press release will be realized.
Manager of Communications
416.588.9002 Ext. 2358