AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwired - Dec 2, 2013) - SolarWinds (
"As IT evolves and infrastructures become more complex, IT pros are challenged with leveraging new technologies like Software Defined Networking (SDN) in combination with their existing infrastructure management tools to optimize the efficiency of their networks," said Chris LaPoint, VP Product Management, SolarWinds. "This demonstration of integration between SolarWinds and Plexxi is a powerful example of how the vast amounts of information already being gathered by network management systems can be leveraged within SDN deployments."
Plexxi and SolarWinds will demonstrate a unique DevOps integration that builds and maintains Plexxi Affinities, or descriptions of IT infrastructure interactions, using network information for both physical and virtual nodes derived from SolarWinds network management software.
"Plexxi's application-centric approach to IT infrastructure combined with SolarWinds' ability to easily detect and diagnose potential problems before they become issues is what DevOps is all about," said Mat Mathews, co-founder and VP of Product Management at Plexxi. "This integration is what will help companies manage their evolving networks while keeping operational expenses under control."
- Automated Affinity discovery and creation through the Plexxi-SolarWinds integration
- SNMP integration between Plexxi and SolarWinds
- SolarWinds Orion groups and virtualization monitoring
- SolarWinds "SWQL" studio tool
- How to harvest SolarWinds data for use in Plexxi's SDN controller
- Integration of SolarWinds with Plexxi's real-time Data Services Engine
- Use of SolarWinds' event feed to dynamically drive network optimization
The "Unique DevOps Integration" webinar is being presented as part of SDNCentral's DemoFriday. Registration is now open and the webinar is free to attend.
- SolarWinds blog: From SolarWinds to Twitter with Plexxi's DSE
- Plexxi blog: The Plexxi Pulse - Integrating with SolarWinds
SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com and thwack are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Plexxi is the creator of the first affinity-driven networking solution. Plexxi's products -- Plexxi Control and the Plexxi Switch -- create a network that dynamically helps applications to perform better. The company has raised $48+ million in venture financing from Lightspeed Venture Partners, Matrix Partners and Northbridge Venture Partners. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Plexxi also has offices in Nashua, N.H. and San Francisco, Calif. For more information, visit www.plexxi.com or you can follow us on Twitter @PlexxiInc.
- Information Technology
- Internet & Networking Technology