AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwired - Sep 12, 2013) - SolarWinds (
Designed to deliver agentless performance and availability monitoring, alerting and reporting for over 150 applications and server types, SolarWinds SAM 6.0 will now enable IT professionals to achieve server, application and database monitoring in one complete solution. New features include:
- AppInsight for SQL - AppInsight for SQL provides deep visibility into Microsoft SQL Server performance for systems administrators, database administrators and SQL developers. With AppInsight for SQL, IT pros have instant visibility into database performance issues, such as long-running queries, reducing manual time spent troubleshooting performance issues while improving application uptime.
- Baseline Threshold Calculator - Thresholds can be automatically generated from a baseline of "normal" behavior to reduce the number of alerts that require response and quickly pinpoint systems that are performing out of a normal state. This feature allows IT pros to calculate thresholds from baseline data for 24/7 system performance, establish warning and critical thresholds at 2 and 3 standard deviations from normal performance.
- IT Asset Inventory Dashboard - With automated IT asset inventory management, IT pros can now maintain a view of current hardware and software asset inventory including server warranty status, driver software, hard drive inventory, and custom properties like PO number and purchase price, saving valuable time when tracking virtual and physical asset depreciation and gathering information about the stock of software and hardware assets.
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor highlights added since version 5.0 in March 2012:
- Resolve server and application issues directly from the product's web console
- Monitor server hardware health indicators for vendors such as HP, Dell, IBM, and VMware
- Troubleshoot problems faster with real-time visibility into service and process performance
- Track storage volume performance metrics
- Integrate with System Center 2012
- Leverage support for Microsoft Hyper-V
Over 10,000 users worldwide have benefited from SolarWinds' comprehensive application and server monitoring solution with more than 550 individual licenses alone issued since SolarWinds SAM 5.0.
"SolarWinds SAM provides great insight into how our servers and databases are performing -- we know when they are busy, if there is abnormal memory condition, or if something is wrong within our infrastructure," said Jim Shank, Infrastructure Support Manager, Douglas County School District. "Now with AppInsight for SQL, we're able to drill down to identify issues with specific database instances, RAM usage, sensitive queries, and so on. We can be proactive, find sloppy and slow procedures, identify the problem and fix it. It's been huge for us."
"I manage a high volume of customer databases that can take anywhere from 12 to 24 hours to run traces on just to see how a server was performing over time and to understand top CPU-intensive queries. Now with SolarWinds SAM's AppInsight for SQL, it will take a matter of five minutes to do," said Thomas Löfstrand, IT Consultant and Senior Partner, Nethouse. "SolarWinds SAM is a complete platform to run an entire IT server environment -- you get monitoring, asset management and now specialized SQL server monitoring. You get everything with SolarWinds; there's no need for specialized tools."
"With the enormity and complexity of data requests and queries, it is increasingly difficult and time consuming to troubleshoot database issues," said Denny LeCompte, SVP of product strategy, SolarWinds. "SolarWinds SAM 6.0 delivers on both expanded depth of coverage and quality of information collected to provide a best-of-breed, integrated systems and database management platform for IT pros with responsibility for application health and databases."
- Video: Server Monitoring Software: Introduction to Server & Application Monitor
- Video: SQL Server Performance: AppInsight for SQL
- Customer interview: Douglas County School District
- Customer interview: Nethouse
Pricing and Availability
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor starts at $2,995 and includes a year of maintenance. For more information, including a downloadable, free 30-day evaluation trial, visit the SolarWinds website or call 866.530.8100.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com and thwack are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- Information Technology
- Technology & Electronics