SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - January 10, 2013) - Schematic Labs today released a new and redesigned version of its award-winning social music application, SoundTracking for iOS. Optimized for the iPhone 5, iPod Touch, and iPad, SoundTracking brings a new UI design, new sharing and discovery features, and an updated social experience to millions of music fans in the SoundTracking community.
Today, SoundTracking is one of the most shared music services on the Web with a total daily reach of over 8 million impressions of music moments shared across Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare. The SoundTracking community has tagged their favorite songs and music moments from over 240,000 unique venues and 160,000 unique neighborhoods, towns and cities since the launch of the app in 2011. The new SoundTracking for iOS is now significantly faster and more streamlined, the audiovisual experience has been enhanced with a greater focus on the simplicity of a photo and a play button, and many new social expression and discovery features have been added to the app experience.
"We're really excited to bring a new, redesigned sharing and discovery experience to our music fan community," says Steve Jang, co-founder and CEO of Schematic Labs, creators of SoundTracking, "It's been amazing to see millions of music moments shared, liked, loved in SoundTracking and then broadcasted across the Web since we launched the service. We want to bring forward the self-expression and emotion of these music moments and make the social experience of music more fun and insightful through this new version of SoundTracking."
Major features and new design elements include:
- Song Dedications & Mentions - Whether dedicating a slow jam to someone special, enjoying a rock concert with buddies, or sending a birthday song to a friend, people can now tag their friends to a song to let them know that they are thinking of them.
- Trending Nearby - See the music, people and places that are bubbling up in a neighborhood or city.
- Share music using Twitter - Now when sharing to Twitter, followers can view and play your music moment right inside of the tweet through our new Twitter Card integration.
- Music moments in Facebook Timeline - In addition to seeing music moments in a Timeline, friends and family can view and like the favorite songs discovered on SoundTracking.
- Verified SoundTracker badges - DJs, Artists, and other well-known people can automatically receive Verified SoundTracker status and a gold record badge if they sign up or connect using their verified Twitter account. For any artists, DJs, or bands that would like to inquire directly and do not have a verified Twitter account, they can contact the SoundTracking support team at: email@example.com
- Beautiful new SoundTracking profiles - New profiles display custom cover images, personal music timelines, most popular posts, and favorites (liked and loved posts)
- Fan recommendations - People who are also fans of your favorite songs are automatically suggested to you after sharing music moments.
Top Songs, Artists, and Trends on SoundTracking in 2012
It was a great year for both mainstream artists and independents on SoundTracking in 2012. Data was gathered to rank the songs and artists that were shared by the SoundTracking community both overall and by city. A number of trends also emerged from this data. Following is a summary of the findings or you can see the full results here: https://soundtracking.com/year-in-review.html
- Grammy nominated DJ, @davidguetta ranks #1 in both Top Artists and Top Songs shared on SoundTracking
- DJs use SoundTracking the most out of any other artist group
- Terrestrial radio is the #1 way people discover new music as found through our MusicID data for both popular and independent music
- New York City's favorite artists include Jay-Z, Kanye West, Alicia Keys, and the band fun out of Brooklyn; In Los Angeles, Compton's Kendrick Lamar and many pop artists and songs ranked high; In San Francisco, Lady GaGa, the Bay Area's Tycho, and folk rock band The Lumineers were high on the lists
About Schematic Labs
Headquartered in San Francisco, Schematic Labs designs and develops the SoundTracking service, which is the leading social music application focused on personal expression and social discovery. SoundTracking mobile and desktop apps give people a way to express themselves through music by sharing a song, photo and caption as part of their personal soundtrack, and to share and discover songs together with their friends and family. The SoundTracking app is available on iOS AppStore, Android Play Store, and the Spotify App platform. Currently, SoundTracking is the leading music service shared on Twitter, Facebook and Foursquare and has a daily audience reach of 8 million people.
- Arts & Entertainment