AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwire - Mar 10, 2013) -
More than 20 new startups and success stories from around the world -- including crowd-funding sensation Indiegogo and Austin startups Akimbo Card, QuestionMine and Tulum -- will be exhibiting and demonstrating their products and services in a boutique, media-only environment. Meet and talk with C-level executives firsthand and enjoy food and drinks. In addition, famed Internet personality Sarah Austin will be hosting a Bubble Tank pitch session (invitation only).
Sunday, March 10, 6 to 9 p.m. Bubble Tank runs 4:30 to 6 p.m.
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar, 320 E. Second St., Austin, Tex. 78701, across the street from the Austin Convention Center.
Media can register at www.startupdebutaustin.eventbrite.com with password: "startupdebut13".
Startup Debut also will showcase more than a dozen other companies. Indiegogo, one of the world's largest crowd-funding platforms, will host a pavilion demoing its services and showcasing six companies whose product development was funded on the Indiegogo platform.
Among the companies on hand will be:
- Akimbo Card, Austin (prepaid card system)
- QuestionMine, Austin (interactive mobile video marketing platform)
- Tulum, Austin (mobile app for visiting historic sites)
- CHNL, Santa Monica, Calif. (single channel social content browser)
- WeVideo, Palo Alto, Calif. (collaborative, real-time video-editing)
- Whotune, Brisbane, Australia (Free online indie music community)
- Interaxon Muse, Toronto (brain-sensing headband)
- TrashAmps, Sunnyvale, Calif. (portable speakers made from soda cans)
- Appgyver, Helsinki and San Francisco (rapid mobile app development)
- Equilibrium, Sausalito, Calif. (simultaneous multi-screen video delivery)
- Shindig, New York City (interactive video conferencing)
- GonnaBe, Santa Monica, Calif. (social concierge mobile app)
Disclaimer: South by Southwest and SXSW are trademarks of SXSW, Inc. Startup Debut is not associated with SXSW.
- Technology & Electronics